• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unpopular Smash 4 Opinions - share them here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozymandias555

Smash Rookie
I like this thread. This is a nice thread.

-Not only do I think Snake should return, I think Big Boss should join the fight too.
-I love Ridley to death, he is probably my favorite boss in any franchise ever, but he should never, EVER become playable. I'd rather see his boss fight improved.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
> Samus may be my favorite videogame character but I hate her brawl's up taunt (the stupid military salute), it doesn't have anything to do on her character, and she still has it in SSB4.

RazeriaN

Smash Cadet
- I might be, the only person in the world that doesn't care about the new commers.
-SSB4 Will be the slightly accelerated version of Brawl.
- I think that the roster size will be smaller- or same size as Brawls.
- Ridley totally not comming.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
More:

-I liked ROB's reveal in Brawl.
-The characters should be just as hard to unlock as they were in Brawl.
-Target Test needs to be character specific again.
-SSB64 is more balanced then the rest of the series.
-Zelda is the most boring character in the SSB franchise. Close seconds include Olimar, Samus and Diddy Kong.
-If it means more original stages, no stage should be brought back in SSB4 unless it gets revamped completely.
-Only Brawl veterans will get cut in SSB4.
-Wii Fit Trainer was a good addition (dunno if popular.)
-King Dedede should not get a redesign from Return to Dreamland in SSB4.
-I'd absolutely love another Mega Man character.

BlueSorrow

Smash Apprentice
The Cast:

Snake fits in Super Smash bros quite well as those who disagree sees Snake as a realistic human who's "realistic look clashed with Nintendo's cartoony characters so horribly." I see a solider who is surrounded by plumbers, bounty hunters, ninjas, robots, children with psychic powers, swordsmen, professional racers, pink marshmallows, dinosaurs, ice climbers, penguins, anthropomorphic animals, angels, astronauts, space pilots, animals with powers, princesses, wizards, cardboard cutouts, dragon-like creatures, tie and hat wearing simians, and clones where the cast is rich with diversity and Snake is not clashing anything for the Smash Universe is about "Worlds Collide." For that matter Snake can relate to the Nintendo extraordinarily well as he met psychic users, ninjas, and robots in the past. The pain Snake had to deal with such as betrayal, parents death, senseless hardships, cloning blues (if regarding Solid Snake) as well as dealing with multiple people who share his name is quite familiar with a few people. Snake also offers humor much like the Nintendo cast offers ridiculous clothing, wacky boss battles, the infamous cartoony expression "!" and of course breaking the fourth wall humor. I also don't think the graphic style matters in this game at all, if anything it will make Snake more unique. Many characters looks out of place towards each other world, imagine Mario in Fire Emblem, the "looking out of place" is an argument that shouldn't exist because that's one of the main appeals of Super Smash Bros. The artstyle of the game such as this image doesn't seem "cartoony" anyways. :c
A few examples of Metal Gear Humor:

Last edited:

Weedy Spyze

Smash Apprentice
Here's a few more from me, mainly having to do with one-player modes:

1. Classic and All-Star mode should work like Melee's instead of Brawl's, with random opponents on each stage instead of fighting the same characters in the same order over and over. Brawl's modes got very monotonous after a while.

2. I hated Subspace Emissary and am glad it's not coming back. I could write a book on the problems it has/I had with it but since it's not coming back anyway, why bother? The main reason though is that Sakurai said SSE took up most of Brawl's development time (correct me if I'm wrong), and that's precious time which could go into other/more important things. Smash doesn't exactly need an Adventure mode, but if they want to put in a small one similar to Melee's that would be fine with me.

3. Speaking of SSE, I'm always confused when I read people praise it nowadays, because I recall it being widely panned back when Brawl was first released. Different strokes for different folks, I guess. For me, it's just very repetitive and overall something that you would only play once and never return to it again, unfitting of a game with such replay value as Smash. It was built up to be bigger than it actually was.

4. Each character doesn't need their own Target Test stage, and I kinda cringe irl whenever I see people saying they do. You all realize we have more than 25 characters in the game now, right? That's roughly 40+ individual Target Test stages, sorry but I just don't think we need that many. That being said, it would be nice to have more than five. 10 or so sounds like a good number of Target Test stages to me.

5. Board the Platforms and Race to the Finish should both return, and both should be selectable from Stadium Mode.

6. I'd rather have Dixie Kong playable than King K. Rool personally. K. Rool seems like he'd be more befitting of a boss, like Porky. Boss battles is a great concept, and something I wouldn't mind seeing them flesh out in Smash 4. Just have some actual bosses from multiple Nintendo series, and not some loser Subspace bosses nobody in their right mind could ever care about. If Mewtwo can't be playable (which he should be, of course), a boss fight with him would be the next best thing, and certainly better than nothing. Plenty of people on the internet would never stop ******** about it, though.

7. I wouldn't mind having a second playable Sonic character, and I don't think "third parties should be limited to one fighter" is a good enough reason to not have one. I'm not saying there should be an influx of Sonic characters, but if there can be ten playable Sonic characters in the Mario & Sonic Olympic series, there can be two of them in Smash. Also would like to see Eggman as a boss, which is something that I think could very possibly happen.

8. I don't think there should be another playable Pokemon newcomer (unless you count Mewtwo as a newcomer), unless they want to drop Jiggs for something more interesting (and no, Meowth isn't interesting). Smash has the Poke Ball item, which is a perfect way to rep the newer generations in the game anyway. Most of the legendaries need to be taken out to the pasture and shot, though. Brawl had too many legendary Pokemon, and not enough regular ones, so most of the time you ended up seeing the same things over and over. Or that's how it was for me, at least.

That's all for now.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
- Wii Fit Trainer is the perfect representation of the casual market and I hope her appearance is enough for Miis to never make it into the game.

- Pacman's popularity as a gaming icon alone is enough to warrant him the last 3rd party slot over anyone else.

- I think Dixie Kong would be a horrible addition over K Rool but I'd say she has a better shot at making the roster than the latter at this point.

Last edited:

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Even more...
This is partially becoming a wishlist thread for me.
I swear this is my last post.

-Board the Platforms and Race to the Finish need to come back.
-Robotnik/Eggman would make a great boss battle.
^-On a side note, I prefer Robotnik.
-Every series needs the same or a very similar number of trophies.
-I'd be OK with Miis, especially if they were customizable based on appearance and had a very bland cookie cutter moveset.
^-It'd also be pretty cool if you could load your Mii's face onto one of your favorite characters. (lol... the possibilities)
-If Target Test becomes character specific, you should be able to unlock the ability to play other character's stages with every character.
-Customizable movesets is a bad idea, especially in Smash Bros.
-Mega Man is the last third party needed in Smash. Pac Man is not Nintendo related enough, and if there was anyone else to chose from, I'd pick Simon Belmont, because of Konami and Castlevania's history with Nintendo.
^-If Snake doesn't return, Simon should be a newcomer.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
-People should play Xenoblade, it's the only way to truly support Shulk. Though I still feel Shulk can be skipped.
-If Bandanna Dee gets deconfirmed, my reaction to it will be like this:

"That was easy"
-Pac-Man and Mii is happening, don't let your opinions get to ignoring them.
-Pokemon Trainer should be replaced with Zoroark.
-I'd like to see Harry over a Hanafuda character, I feel as if this is only Harry's last chance.
-Isaac will become an AT once again.
-The Diddy+Dixie tag-team will be implemented again in Smash 4.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It seems like there is some very popular "unpopular opinions" on this thread. O well...

1. I think King K. Rool is too big
I think this might be my new favourite thread.
Why would K Rool be too big?

The Cast:

Snake fits in Super Smash bros quite well as those who disagree sees Snake as a realistic human who's "realistic look clashed with Nintendo's cartoony characters so horribly." I see a solider who is surrounded by plumbers, bounty hunters, ninjas, robots, children with psychic powers, swordsmen, professional racers, pink marshmallows, dinosaurs, ice climbers, penguins, anthropomorphic animals, angels, astronauts, space pilots, animals with powers, princesses, wizards, cardboard cutouts, dragon-like creatures, tie and hat wearing simians, and clones where the cast is rich with diversity and Snake is not clashing anything for the Smash Universe is about "Worlds Collide." For that matter Snake can relate to the Nintendo extraordinarily well as he met psychic users, ninjas, and robots in the past. The pain Snake had to deal with such as betrayal, parents death, senseless hardships, cloning blues (if regarding Solid Snake) as well as dealing with multiple people who share his name is quite familiar with a few people. Snake also offers humor much like the Nintendo cast offers ridiculous clothing, wacky boss battles, the infamous cartoony expression "!" and of course breaking the fourth wall humor. I also don't think the graphic style matters in this game at all, if anything it will make Snake more unique. Many characters looks out of place towards each other world, imagine Mario in Fire Emblem, the "looking out of place" is an argument that shouldn't exist because that's one of the main appeals of Super Smash Bros. The artstyle of the game such as this image doesn't seem "cartoony" anyways. :c
A few examples of Metal Gear Humor:

Thank you so ****ing much. As a Metal Gear fan I'm glad there is someone else here who gets it. Fits better than Sonic in my opinion .

To hell with canon. This is smash bros.

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
scrolling through, as i haven't been here in a while, and find this
Smash NEEDS Marina from Michief Makers.
if this were to happen I'd be the happiest smasher on the planet
oh, my opinions? fine :p

1. ridley doesn't and never will have a chance
2. pac-man would be a horrible addition
3. so would waluigi
4. and miis
5. square enix will never release their grip on ANY of their characters, even if they have no possibility of ever being used again (yes i know how this affects marina T-T)
6. jigglypuff is one of my favorite characters
7. R.O.B. is also cool
8. there has never existed an actual pattern of replacing the 2nd fire emblem rep each game
9. I'm all for having toon link back
10. mewtwo was the most fun character to play as in melee
11. wii fit trainer was an absolutely fantastic addition
12. villager was even more so
13. mega man classic design > mega man x design
14. pokemon trainer NEEDS to keep his current pokemon
15. while severely lacking, stage builder greatly improved the smash experience
16. playing with items in brawl is fun
17. fox isn't very hard to beat with no items on final destination
18. the current rate of newcomer release is perfect
19. sakurai isn't an idiot
20. king dedede's design for smash 4 is great
21. lucas was a bad idea
22. toad has almost no reason to be playable
23. there is no such thing as characters taking another potential character's slot
23b. no character can be a "wasted slot"
23c. there are no such things as "slots"
24. people who say such things as the list above do not (for the most part) post for the sole purpose of being trolls

Less

Smash Cadet
I think Smash 4 will suck but that the next generation console and smash will be amazing. I think this will be due to Iwata being removed from CEO of Nintendo and Smash having a new director. I'll be thoroughly excited if it happens because I don't think either of these people are right for their placements and it's finally starting to show.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ridley is to big for Smash Bros!

Ridley for Smash Bros!

Both are unpopular to popular opinions.
Apparently.

I think people are out of touch with what's popular here.

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
Apparently.

I think people are out of touch with what's popular here.
yes i've been seeing opposite opinions here, but how can they both be unpopular? it's simple:
the threads people visit sometimes have the tendency to draw in certain kinds of people to post in them, who commonly share opinions. the people visit these kind of threads often and gain the impression that's what popular opinion is. it's nobody's fault, it's just their brain working with what they've seen

Maha Ishaq

Smash Cadet
I really DO think Ridley is too big. Yes, he can look good scaled down...but he wouldn't feel like Ridley to me. Ridley throws his weight around a lot, and has always been intimidating due to his size. TIny Ridley wouldn't be Ridley to me.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
I think Reapers should be a playable character in SSB4 and there final smash should be either a red explosion, a blue explosion, or a green explosion (chosen at random) just to remind us that you have no real choices in life or video games. It's just A, B, or C.

Your move Shepherd.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I really DO think Ridley is too big. Yes, he can look good scaled down...but he wouldn't feel like Ridley to me. Ridley throws his weight around a lot, and has always been intimidating due to his size. TIny Ridley wouldn't be Ridley to me.
No matter what you think, it wouldn't be Ridley anyway, because the characters are all trophies.

TiaSilvia

Smash Apprentice
I think that bayonetta would be the perfect mature substitute for snake if he got out. With the new bayonetta 2 comming exclusive for wii u, this will make many people buy her game( including me), which is good for nintendo.
I predict a roster of 44 characters: 5 lines x 9 columns= 45 minus the randon .

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
I Hate K Rool and don´t think he is important for Donkey Kong Universe, he is a boring villain.

18. the current rate of newcomer release is perfect
You like to suffer?

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
People, Ridley has never been intimidating because of his size...he's known as the cunning god of death for something, he's sneaky, evil and extremely intelligent.

Tweezer Salad

Smash Apprentice
I.....possibly wouldn't mind Tingle as a character.
He's a creepy and utterly vile abomination of a character. But that's just it, he'd be the ultimate troll character. You'd feel guilty for even choosing him.

However theres people out there who think he's actually awesome and them being satisfied with his inclusion would bother me.

So I'm 50/50 on it I guess

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm starting to doubt the chances of characters not named Mewtwo, Little Mac, Pac-Man and Mii...

The development of the previous smashes has nothing to do with the development of smash 4, whether it be the revealing of characters, span of development time, or distribution of smash related information to media outlets, with the only real influence from previous smash development being the inclusion of veteran characters from the series.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Haven't looked through the entire thread, so I don't know how "unpopular" these opinions are. But I just wanted to share them.

• Except for Little Mac and Mewtwo, all the most requested characters (Pac-Man, Mii, Waluigi, etc) seem like they'd be really stupid additions to me.
  • I could honestly care less about some of the "Original 12" making it in. Sure, they've had perfect attendance all through Smash, but we all gotta cut class at some time.
  • Everyone who begs for 4th party characters are idiots. (zomg goku 4 smesh plz sakuri)
  • It doesn't matter to me if this game is "Brawl 2.0" or whatever. I'm just interested in playing the game.
  • The size of the roster is irrelevant as long as we have good characters to fill all the spots.
  • I'm undecided on the Wii Fit Trainer. Obviously, she's not a fighter in any sense of the word (but then again, neither is the Villager), but I'm also interested to see how well she plays.
That's all for now.

Morbi

Scavenger
The development of the previous smashes has nothing to do with the development of smash 4, whether it be the revealing of characters, span of development time, or distribution of smash related information to media outlets, with the only real influence from previous smash development being the inclusion of veteran characters from the series.
When did fact become opinion? It is seriously sad that this was written in an "unpopular" opinion thread. I feel you, brother. :happysheep:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom