• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unpopular Smash 4 Opinions - share them here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
- I don't like characters that represent "the player" ie, Villager, I feel you should be playing a character, if that makes sense. However at the same time the Villager is probably one of the best suited Animal Crossing reps, which I think Smash needed. I'm conflicted on this opinion. So i'm also not fond of mii's but accept the possibility of them being in.

- I don't like WFT I feel she's not really a "game character" and I don't consider Wii Fit a video game, it's like if Netflix had a mascot and needed a disc to watch it on your wii u and making it a playable character.

- I don't like R.O.B., in fact I hate him. I love Game & Watch.

- I hate Snake, or any serious toned game that isn't first party so I would feel the same about Bayonetta.

- I think Smash should be for more cartoony/ fun characters. Don't ask me why.

- I hope we get customizable final smashes so we can pick what ones our characters have, Megaman needs Rush Adaptor and Villager needs Bee's!

- I hate Professor Layton because people want him in Smash.

- Who cares about Dixie.

- I think King K. Rool has a chance to be looked over completely for whatever reason, and may not get in, despite popularity.

- How is Goroh more wanted then Black Shadow?

- Fire Emblem could have 5 reps, and I wouldn't care, Roy is better then Marth or Ike.

- Clones/ Semi clones are awesome, beef up the roster, add more fun and probably don't take as much development time. If your main has clones, you can change it up from time to time and be just as effective.

Last edited:

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
- I hope we get customizable final smashes so we can pick what ones our characters have, Megaman needs Rush Adaptor and Villager needs Bee's!
Customizablrule final smashes would be going to far. Special moves are okay as long as the choices aren't too unfair or cheap.

Last edited:

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
I'm fine with semi-clones and will be disappointed if we don't get at least one in the vein of Wolf or Lucas.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
I hate all of the pokemon in this series.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That won't stop Sakurai from putting in pokemon that other people actually like in the game.
He/She's not saying that. Just don't like Pokemon.

Not a big deal. To each their own respectively. :)

I'm not a fan of Pac-Man being playable over any other Namco-Bandai character myself. But I won't kid myself into believing he'd ultimately be boring if he was made playable. Everybody was interesting to play as, bar none.(I'd almost say Metaknight, though)

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
of course. I didn't insinuate that my distaste for a particular franchise would impact the roster in any way, now did I.
edit: what hyperfalcon said

Last edited:

Grimnir

Smash Apprentice
It would seem Rabbattack doesn't know which thread he's in. Read the OP for god's sake.

EpicDark

Smash Rookie
NNID
EpicDark
  • Ridley as a character? No. He's pretty much confirmed as a stage boss already! He's also too big. If he gets re-sized, the next and previous Metroid games will not make ANY FLIPPIN' SENSE.
  • Rayman as a character? Yes please!
  • Maybe another Sonic character will appear, considering Nintendo's partnership with SEGA.
  • I hate Toon Link because he's weaker than regular Link, and he has the exact same move-set as him. Change up his specials and I'll think otherwise.
  • If Pac-Man enters Smash Bros as a character, I'm selling my Wii-U, no questions asked. Unless maybe a character or two from Melee returns... maybe with some new moves... COUGH*ROY* COUGH COUGH
  • I hate Kirby, and everything to do with him...EVERYTHING. EVERY SINGLE THING TO DO WITH THAT... THING.
  • I'd actually want to play Gannon in Smash if he could use that sword of his.
  • It drives me nuts when people get mad that some random third party or non-iconic Nintendo character isn't in smash. You want to play as Tom Nook, Dr. Bosconovitch, and King K. Rool? Do you really think it's going to happen? REALLY?

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
@ Rabbattack Rabbattack
People here aren't trying to debate likelihoods or what actually will/won't end up happening, this isn't that type of thread. They're just sharing beliefs or wishes they hold, and that doesn't cause for "correcting" anything or reminding them that their unpopular opinions are in fact unpopular or unlikely. It's their opinion, it's not their prediction.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
  • I'm thinking there might be another Sonic character, considering SEGA's partnership with Nintendo is strong.
Weird that Shadow wasn't shown as an AT.
Odd that Electman is the AT and not Protoman.
...Third parties gaining two reps?
I hope for Tails, Protoman, and Klonoa

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
of course. I didn't insinuate that my distaste for a particular franchise would impact the roster in any way, now did I.
edit: what hyperfalcon said
I understand that, I apologize. May the divine dragon Naga forgive me, as well as you. If I am not forgiven then let Grima take my soul to the depths of hell.

Metroid, Donkey Kong, Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Kirby, Sonic, and Wario wont be getting any more characters. I only see Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus definitley getting new reps. Starfox shoul get either Falco or Wolf removed for Krystal, preferably Falco as Wolf and Krystal have more potential to be something unique. Fire Emblem shouldn't get Lucina, she should be an alternate costume for Marth, with and without the mask. Robin is more likely than Lucina as he/she can bring a new playing style not seen by any other Fire Emblem character so far. Fire Emblem deserves three reps, Marth, Robin, and Chrom. I can see Ike being brought back but Chrom is more likely. Earthbound/Mother should only have two reps and I hope they'll have different moves this time, ones that are specifically for them. Palutena in my opinion would be a better choice than Medusa, although I have no reason right now, I will make one up for the sake of my people. Mewtwo is going to rot in the depths of cerulean cave forever because Jigglypuff is going to take up the last slot. No third party character is going to get another rep from the same company and I don't know who would be crazy enough to think thats okay. Shrek would bring a new type of character representation to the game, movie characters. His fighting style would bring new elements to the game and his final smash could be called "The Ogrelord", riding Donkey across the stage like beast Ganon. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. All we need is Donkey and Diddy. King K. Rool is usually wanted for nostalgia reasons anyway and wont have anything unique about his moveset. Dixie is a waste, as the Donkey Kong series doesn't need any more reps, no one really stands out in my opinion, they're all monkeys anyway and we need less furry characters. The End.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Kid Icarus doesn't deserve another character.
im sorry but I must ragequit at that....in a corner.

only thing I will not accept...or the idea of bomberman joining.:lick:
I don't think Palutena is a shoe-in in fact I don't think she will be a playable character due to many reasons
tell me.
There is no non-subjective reason I heard against her.
(she is a shoe in. predicted rosaluma and lil mac before....along with a few few more characters).
  • Ridley as a character? No. He's pretty much confirmed as a stage boss already! He's also too big. If he gets re-sized, the next and previous Metroid games will not make ANY FLIPPIN' SENSE.
  • Rayman as a character? Yes please!
  • Maybe another Sonic character will appear, considering Nintendo's partnership with SEGA.
  • I hate Toon Link because he's weaker than regular Link, and he has the exact same move-set as him. Change up his specials and I'll think otherwise.
  • If Pac-Man enters Smash Bros as a character, I'm selling my Wii-U, no questions asked. Unless maybe a character or two from Melee returns... maybe with some new moves... COUGH*ROY* COUGH COUGH
  • I hate Kirby, and everything to do with him...EVERYTHING. EVERY SINGLE THING TO DO WITH THAT... THING.
  • I'd actually want to play Gannon in Smash if he could use that sword of his.
  • It drives me nuts when people get mad that some random third party or non-iconic Nintendo character isn't in smash. You want to play as Tom Nook, Dr. Bosconovitch, and King K. Rool? Do you really think it's going to happen? REALLY?
its ok.
I used to haaaaattttteeee little mac and pacman even though I knew they will be in, but he actually fits. so I like him, and I will like pacman(please don't sellyou wii u.u will miss out on 99.999% of smash! :p)

Last edited:

sunshinesan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
sunshinesan
3DS FC
2836-1118-8472
I would rather have Viridi than Palutena join. Viridi is more interesting, has more spunk, and isn't as useless. I donated to her more anyway...

CadePirate

Smash Apprentice
- I don't want Little Mac in the game.
- Wii Fit Trainer is an awesome idea
- I want more Mario characters
- I want cuts
Little Mac is a amazing idea and there is no reason he should not be in smash. And if we have anymore Mario characters we might as well call it Mario Party featuring other people.

CadePirate

Smash Apprentice
I feel like they might add two Kid Icarus characters like what they did with the Kirby representatives from Melee and Brawl. I'm not saying they will, but since Uprising they have loaded on the characters. Magnus, Palutena, and Pittoo. Kid Icarus deserves at least one new fighter. It will probably be Palutena, but I really want either Pittoo or Magnus. At least an assist trophy.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
- I hate Snake, or any serious toned game that isn't first party so I would feel the same about Bayonetta.
Just wondering, what makes you refer to those series as "serious-toned"? Bayonetta is pretty much the furthest thing from that (it's ridiculously cheesy and over-exaggerated from the get-go), and for Metal Gear, aside from Ground Zeroes (which is a pretty big departure for the series), it's also pretty ridiculous at times, especially when it comes to boss battles.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Rosalina, Greninja, and WiiFit trainer are too new and I never thought they would be in Smash. Nintendo puts the characters with the best potential for new games in smash. Then they don't make games for them. (Fox, Captain Falcon, etc.) If Isaac was in Smash then Golden Sun would've sold more.

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
I instantly fell in love with the series when I played it on the original animal crossing. Little Mac was more deserving than R.O.B and he was set aside as an assist trophy. I hope to see Mike Tyson or Mr.Dream in the next smash bros.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Just wondering, what makes you refer to those series as "serious-toned"? Bayonetta is pretty much the furthest thing from that (it's ridiculously cheesy and over-exaggerated from the get-go), and for Metal Gear, aside from Ground Zeroes (which is a pretty big departure for the series), it's also pretty ridiculous at times, especially when it comes to boss battles.
"You like Super Smash Bros. Melee, don't you?"

Yeah, I don't think MGS has a problem fitting in.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
It's rated M

and overtly suggestive, its not serious in the same tone as a war based game, but in a different nature.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
It's rated M
There are a lot of games with that rating that are not serious at all. (South Park games)

It's just one rating. Besides, some games that get rated M by the ESRB could get rated the equivalent of "Teen" by another country's ratings board.

But none of it really matters in Smash Bros.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
It's rated M

and overtly suggestive, its not serious in the same tone as a war based game, but in a different nature.
The game's rating shouldn't necessarily mean anything on its own. For example, Team Fortress 2 is rated M, and that's about as far away from "serious" as you can get.

For Bayonetta being overly suggestive, her appearance in Anarchy Reigns showed that she can be toned down without much trouble (since it removes the use of guns as projectile weapons, as well as making it so she doesn't turn naked to use her bigger attacks), and as for Metal Gear being a war-based series, it's hardly a realistic depiction of war (unless mooing giant robots, cyborg ninjas, and people who gain superpowers from being covered with bees are commonplace nowadays), and the best rankings in the game come from playthroughs where you avoid killing anyone.

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Warning Received
There are a lot of games with that rating that are not serious at all. (South Park games)

It's just one rating. Besides, some games that get rated M by the ESRB could get rated the equivalent of "Teen" by another country's ratings board.

But none of it really matters in Smash Bros.
Whatever I guess.

Snake' still an odd man out compared to the rest of the characters in Smash either being "cartoony" or "fantasy-esk".
Guns are serious business, haha. MGS has more realism to it then every other game represented in Smash.

But it's just my opinion, and you have your own, not point in debating my opinion with you as there is no point, we each have our own and that's that, no pointing in going any further. Also this isn't a thread for debate.

The game's rating shouldn't necessarily mean anything on its own. For example, Team Fortress 2 is rated M, and that's about as far away from "serious" as you can get.

For Bayonetta being overly suggestive, her appearance in Anarchy Reigns showed that she can be toned down without much trouble (since it removes the use of guns as projectile weapons, as well as making it so she doesn't turn naked to use her bigger attacks), and as for Metal Gear being a war-based series, it's hardly a realistic depiction of war (unless mooing giant robots, cyborg ninjas, and people who gain superpowers from being covered with bees are commonplace nowadays), and the best rankings in the game come from playthroughs where you avoid killing anyone.
I've seen blood, partial nudity, and cursing in both games, which merit a rating and more serious tone, no?

Also sorry you disagree with my unpopular opinion in the unpopular opinion thread.... I mean it speaks for itself, no?

Last edited by a moderator:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
My unpopular opinions:
1) **** WFT, she's a *****. (lol)
2) Impa makes much more sense at this point than Sheik. I wish we would've got her instead.
3) Chrom makes white bread look exciting.
4) I really am not a fan of this recent or this casual bent Sakurai is on. Wii Fit doesn't need it's own character, it could've been represented fine under the Mii umbrella. Chrom may be recent, but he's super boring and bland and I'd rather have almost any other Lord playable instead. Greninja looks like a fun character... but it's clear he got included because he's sixth gen, and I wish that didn't play as much of a priority as it did.
5) Nintendo is being dumb releasing the 3DS version first. Even if it's further in development, Nintendo does not need any more reasons for people to dote upon the 3DS at the cost of the Wii U.
6) Rosalina is too big. Little Mac is too small.
7) Ridley is not too big, but Sakurai probably sees him as less than feasible.
8) I do not like the idea of characters from traditional fighters in Smash, with the sole exception of Sukapon.
9) Snake had no real business being in a game celebrating Nintendo, certainly not over some other Konami characters, but he was still a cool character. I hope he returns.
10) I'm still torn on whether I would've rather had Sakurai make a SF game or Uprising. (Not really Smash related)
11) People who blame Krystal for the demise of SF are dumb, people who think she would be added without the staff are also dumb (This one might not be an unpopular opinion)
12) Jigglypuff taking up a spot on the roster kinda sucks. Nothing against the character, but if she was never included no one would still care about her.
13) Sakurai aiming to include 22 newcomers in Brawl (at one point or the other) but not decloning Ganondorf is ridiculous (that's probably not unpopular either)
14) I like the idea of Chorus Men, but only if there are three of them
15) I think the pedigree of Smash only improves with third-party characters, assuming they are used in limitation and with relatively strict standards
16) When Nintendog shows up my immediate reaction is "Dawww", not annoyance
17) I was upset Pokemon Trainer was not referred to as Red. I suppose that's a fairly moot point now.
18) I would've rather had Bulbasaur, Wartortle, and Charizard than what we got
19) That damn WFT.
20) I've never disliked the idea of getting Duck Hunt Dog, I think he'd be a funny, original character who fits the iconic Nintendo character mold perfectly
21) I think including Nintendouji would be a better surprise character than any we've got previously, as he can represent Nintendo's hanafuda history
22) Having two boxing rings takes away from the Punch-Out version
23) I'm quite happy characters no longer transform. I never liked that mechanic.
24) I wish ZSS's boobs were smaller, they look silly, but the rest of the character looks so great all in all I don't really care
25) Mii is a perfectly deserving character, and as much as I don't want them, I don't see any sound arguments against their inclusion.
26) The Sal leak is totally real, either that or he's a wizard.
27) If there isn't voice chat, I won't be too bummed.
28) Dr. Mario to date has been the dumbest, least deserving, and laziest inclusion.
29) The Villager's recovery is ill-fitting to the character.
30) Tingle is without a doubt the most deserving Zelda character who isn't one of the main three - don't care if he's included though
31) Yoshi being held off until the Direct was dumb. Either have him in March or wait for his Japanese release.
32) I'll be upset if there aren't CG cutscenes in the game past the newcomer trailers
33) Zoroark should've been included over Greninja, but at least he's a pokeball
34) I'd love to see Geno in Smash
35) I'm happy we still have a Temple-like stage, even though NPC was an abomination
36) Even though I like Ness and Lucas, Mother didn't need a second character
37) People need to let the Melee comparisons go. It's not the be all and end all of everything, and I'm glad this game isn't just going to be a Melee 2.0
38) I fundamentally don't see what people see in Chrom.
39) Bah, WFT.
40) Sakurai needs to stop jerking around the Ridley supporters. I mean he's a troll and all, but just put them out of their misery.
41) I really hope stickers don't return
42) I do hope the Chronicle returns, I found it interesting. Perhaps a bit of a redesign to make it more exciting though.
43) I hope there's day one DLC, not on disc though.
44) Announcing SSB4 in 2011 was too early
45) I'm not terribly saddened by the probable fate of Squirtle and Ivysaur.
46) I'm still not sold on Smash Run, though it having actual existing enemies is a good start
47) It might sound contradictory, but Sakurai is both more open-minded and more close-minded than we give him credit for
48) I believe Sakurai is prioritizing the wrong factors when adding characters this time around
49) No single newcomer addition or omission will ruin this game.
50) **** WFT, she's a *****.

Phew.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
-yes, I do believe that for a character be playable in Smash, the character should be at least 10 years old. If not, be impactful in the gaming/Nintendo story, be relevant between a lot of others characters that appear anywhere from each new game is released nowadays or at least in its own franchise... which isn't the case of some characters already introduced in Smash (not only in Smash4, but, in the Smash Bros. franchise in general).

-"fitting" in the game, is something more "deep" than people think about.. I guess. Most of people that point certain characters saying them not fit in Smash, need to review better their concepts. ... Like, .. doesn't matter if Snake was already in Smash Bros., he doesn't fit in Smash... he didn't even fit in DreamMix TV World Fighters (as the half of the cast as well, btw); .. and it's not 'cause he's just a realistic character, is beyond that.

-obscure characters, legendary icons and creative characters concepts (like R.O.B. and Wii Fit Trainer, that people, unfortunately, call them "wtf") should get priority in the roster, or at least get more space Instead of those "new stars" pretty easy to forget.

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
I agree Chrom is boring and he is only going to be included due to relevance
Chrom is a little dull but I still want him as a third rep announced right after Robin, who is the best and most unique character choice. Robin was more important than Lucina anyway, I don't really know why people exclude him/her and say Lucina is a better rep.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
My unpopular opinions:
2) Impa makes much more sense at this point than Sheik. I wish we would've got her instead.
3) Chrom makes white bread look exciting.
4) I really am not a fan of this recent or this casual bent Sakurai is on. Wii Fit doesn't need it's own character, it could've been represented fine under the Mii umbrella. Chrom may be recent, but he's super boring and bland and I'd rather have almost any other Lord playable instead. Greninja looks like a fun character... but it's clear he got included because he's sixth gen, and I wish that didn't play as much of a priority as it did.
5) Nintendo is being dumb releasing the 3DS version first. Even if it's further in development, Nintendo does not need any more reasons for people to dote upon the 3DS at the cost of the Wii U.
6) Rosalina is too big. Little Mac is too small.
7) Ridley is not too big, but Sakurai probably sees him as less than feasible.
8) I do not like the idea of characters from traditional fighters in Smash, with the sole exception of Sukapon.
9) Snake had no real business being in a game celebrating Nintendo, certainly not over some other Konami characters, but he was still a cool character. I hope he returns.
10) I'm still torn on whether I would've rather had Sakurai make a SF game or Uprising. (Not really Smash related)
11) People who blame Krystal for the demise of SF are dumb, people who think she would be added without the staff are also dumb (This one might not be an unpopular opinion)
12) Jigglypuff taking up a spot on the roster kinda sucks. Nothing against the character, but if she was never included no one would still care about her.
13) Sakurai aiming to include 25 newcomers in Brawl (at one point or the other) but not decloning Ganondorf is ridiculous (that's probably not unpopular either)
14) I like the idea of Chorus Men, but only if there are three of them
15) I think the pedigree of Smash only improves with third-party characters, assuming they are used in limitation and with relatively strict standards
16) When Nintendog shows up my immediate reaction is "Dawww", not annoyance
17) I was upset Pokemon Trainer was not referred to as Red. I suppose that's a fairly moot point now.
18) I would've rather had Bulbasaur, Wartortle, and Charizard than what we got
19) That damn WFT.
20) I've never disliked the idea of getting Duck Hunt Dog, I think he'd be a funny, original character who fits the iconic Nintendo character mold perfectly
21) I think including Nintendouji would be a better surprise character than any we've got previously, as he can represent Nintendo's hanafuda history
22) Having two boxing rings takes away from the Punch-Out version
23) I'm quite happy characters no longer transform. I never liked that mechanic.
24) I wish ZSS's boobs were smaller, they look silly, but the rest of the character looks so great all in all I don't really care
25) Mii is a perfectly deserving character, and as much as I don't want them, I don't see any sound arguments against their inclusion.
26) The Sal leak is totally real, either that or he's a wizard.
27) If there isn't voice chat, I won't be too bummed.
28) Dr. Mario to date has been the dumbest, least deserving, and laziest inclusion.
29) The Villager's recovery is ill-fitting to the character.
30) Tingle is without a doubt the most deserving Zelda character who isn't one of the main three - don't care if he's included though
31) Yoshi being held off until the Direct was dumb. Either have him in March or wait for his Japanese release.
32) I'll be upset if there aren't CG cutscenes in the game past the newcomer trailers
33) Zoroark should've been included over Greninja, but at least he's a pokeball
34) I'd love to see Geno in Smash
35) I'm happy we still have a Temple-like stage, even though NPC was an abomination
36) Even though I like Ness and Lucas, Mother didn't need a second character
37) People need to let the Melee comparisons go. It's not the be all and end all of everything, and I'm glad this game isn't just going to be a Melee 2.0
38) I fundamentally don't see what people see in Chrom.
39) Bah, WFT.
40) Sakurai needs to stop jerking around the Ridley supporters. I mean he's a troll and all, but just put them out of their misery.
41) I really hope stickers don't return
42) I do hope the Chronicle returns, I found it interesting. Perhaps a bit of a redesign to make it more exciting though.
43) I hope there's day one DLC, not on disc though.
44) Announcing SSB4 in 2011 was too early
45) I'm not terribly saddened by the probable fate of Squirtle and Ivysaur.
46) I'm still not sold on Smash Run, though it having actual existing enemies is a good start
47) It might sound contradictory, but Sakurai is both more open-minded and more close-minded than we give him credit for
48) I believe Sakurai is prioritizing the wrong factors when adding characters this time around
49) No single newcomer addition or omission will ruin this game.

Phew.
The number of bullets in this post is the number of characters that will be in this games roster.

I don't see why people think that they're only increasing the roster size from 39-45.

Last edited:
While we're on the topic of Chrom, I'm going to agree with the last few sentiments that have been expressed on him. (By its nature, this thread sometimes skews which opinions are unpopular, doesn't it?)

Marth and Ike are equal opposites that cover all the ground of a pure swordsman. Marth has speed, finesse and requires proper spacing, and Ike is sluggish, hits like an autobus and requires proper timing. (You could say all characters require proper "spacing and timing" but it is pivotal for these two especially.) I feel that there is no third playstyle that goes perpendicular to them for Chrom to fulfill. And somewhere-in-the-middle would be pointless. The two we have do it all.

Chrom replacing Ike is outlandish. Ike contributes so well to the cast that there is no way he'd be booted just because he hasn't had a starring role lately. He's like Jigglypuff and Ness, in that regard. He won't be swapped out just because he's an RPG character.

As far as advertisement, Chrom doesn't need to advertise Awakening. That game's sales have run their permanent course. The only marketing value he would have is if there's an "Awakening 2" on the horizon. Besides, Marth and Ike don't just "advertise" the games they're from, but they raise awareness of the entire Fire Emblem series.

Lastly, I disagree with the belief that Chrom should make it in simply for being the new guy. If that's how it worked, then Intelligent Systems could be happy for life knowing any FE protagonist they pump out is guaranteed a spot in Smash Bros. That spot has to be achieved. Marth and Ike are milestone characters for the series and Chrom, cool as he is in his own game, is pretty much not.

As I've before said, I don't dislike Chrom as a character, but there are a lot of characters I like that I concede wouldn't add much to the Smash Bros. cast diversity. He is one such.

[Deep breath.]

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I think that, as partial as I am to Ridley being playable in Smash, the arguments for him are usually completely arbitrary.
He's the nemesis of the main character of one of Nintendo's biggest franchises, need more?

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
My unpopular opinions:

19) That damn WFT.

39) Bah, WFT.

Was not expecting N3ON of all people to come in here and rustle my jimmies harder than anyone else in this thread. D:<

Toon Link is nothing but wasted potential. He has so many moves he can utilize to differentiate himself from Link but I guess it's not meant to be... If he's going to remain a semi-clone then I'd rather if he got cut, and this is coming from a huge WW fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom