• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial SWF user voted tier list - Done...

Browny

Smash Hater
Lucario +1
TL -1

Updated

LATEST UPDATE
Lucario Wario Peach Olimar MK ROB Sheik Fox Wolf Zelda ZSS Ike Ness +1
TL Diddy Snake -1
OK a few things

MK has reached the limit, he can not go higher than 37 so any votes on him to go upwards.

As you can see by the above update, characters go up a lot more often than they go down. This will be ironed out in the future by me (When it enters version 4 soon enough) but for the meantime, if you think a character is better than those next to it or equal to those above it, try voting the other character(s) down instead of only voting a character upwards.

And after a few more days, maybe update 80 or so, considering how much activity this has, I'll start the process to form an actual tier list from this thread. I'll explain it all when it happens.

Browny

Smash Hater
Oh darn, the rules keep changing lol
No they dont? the only thing that changes is how many votes are allowed per update and this is simply so I dont get overwhelmed by like 20+ characters moving every 12 hours and the list shifts too dramatically over the course of a day.

Anyway Ill make it official, as of update 75 I will stop the moving process and start the formation of the final list version 3 (It will restart shortly after on version 4).

This is how I did it for previous updates but its still subject to change...

Anyway its done over multiple steps.

1) The list is shrunk down to remove all the gaps so ideally there is around 20 or so different ranks.

2) Everyone votes on the divisions of tiers. The line is drawn on the numbers that people post. So for example on the current list (not condensed) I would post 34, 32, 28, 25, 20, 16, 12 so that the list would effectively look like this
:metaknight:
-----34-----
:diddy::snake::falco:
-----32-----
:marth::wario::olimar::pikachu2:
-----28-----
:popo::zerosuitsamus::toonlink::dedede::lucario:
-----25-----
:kirby2::sonic::rob::gw::peach::dk2::wolf::fox:
-----20-----
:luigi2::ike::sheik::pit::yoshi2::ness2:
-----16-----
:lucas::pt::mario2::falcon::bowser2:
-----12-----
:jigglypuff::link2::samus2::zelda::ganondorf:

This will involve A LOT of votes. maybe 40-50 minimum. I must re-iterate now, to increase the accuracy of the list, the spread of characters among ranks 1-37 should be as large as possible. You dont want to have more than 3 characters occupying any single rank. Please try to spread the list as far as possible.

3) The most popular tier divisions will be chosen. If its anything like the other times Ive done this, there will be clear favourites. In the event of 2 divisions being relatively close in vote # I'll have a separate vote period for those specific divisions.

4) From there, the order of characters within the tiers will be voted on. The list will be displayed again with the divisions present in the original from step 1) to remind people which characters were higher to begin with if they have absolutely no opinion on that character they should probably follow that as a guide. Again, this will simply be a popularity contest by doing 1 tier at a time. There is no 'close' in this stage, if a character has 30 votes while one has 29, that will be the final order.

And then done :) The whole process might take like 2 weeks.

Browny

Smash Hater
samus zelda -1

updated

LATEST UPDATE
Pit Jigglypuff Ike Peach Falco Yoshi Link Diddy Wolf Luigi Lucas Pika +1
Samus Zelda ROB Ganondorf Diddy Kirby Snake Fox DK TL Ness Lucario -1
Wow that was a lot of movement for one update :O

Browny

Smash Hater
Sheik +1

Do you want this moved back to UB now that it's fixed?
I would have if thi thread degenrated into arguing over why someone voted anothers favourite character down but people got the message quickly and leaving all that debate in the relevant thread so its fine now lol

Top Bottom