• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Recovery tier list V1.1

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
lol nice job! Its no surprise jigglypuff is top tier xD. Although you can argue that he is higher than MK. And king DDD needs to be a lot higher. He has an amazing recovery. 3 jumps and an awsome b-up

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
blah, blah, blah, Olimar has SA on command, purple pikmin to deter edgehoggers, a good second jump, good DI, floatiness to help vary latch times on the longest tether distance vertically, an upb that stage spikes, and a boost on his upb, blah, blah, blah

"lol silly goose. It's still worse than Ivysaur's cuz he has leaves..."

>_>

Nanaki

Smash Lord
lol nice job! Its no surprise jigglypuff is top tier xD. Although you can argue that he is higher than MK. And king DDD needs to be a lot higher. He has an amazing recovery. 3 jumps and an awsome b-up
Careful calling JPuff a "he". That started a mini-argument a couple pages ago when I did it.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Hey look at me I'm being biased about my own character saying that they should be moved up with no legit reasons just out of pure favouritism!

Sums up a lot of people in this thread, the majority I would say.

As for my own main, Sonic, I know enough about his recovery to say that he's alright where he is. Spinshots, Homing Attacks, Springs with invincy frames...He's pretty much the safest character, recoverywise.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Olimar's recovery is better than Ivysaur's, and arguably even Ganondorf's. He's much floatier than Ivysaur, gets a boost even if it misses, has good enough aerial priority, and best of all, he has the WAC to almost guarantee a safe return to the ground against most characters.

Also, Solo Olimar above Solo climber, since he still gets a good enough boost, and WAC still applies, even though he cannot perform any aerial other than Nair.

Other than that, this list seems accurate as far as my knowledge.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Because after 1,000 posts of discussion in the previous thread, they decided that he is lower than Link.

Hence

Smash Ace
Pit should not be as high, as he is easily gimpable.

EDIT: His recovery is easily gimpable, not him specifically. Silly me.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
To Lucario: Do it after a spike :/ i dont think you while DI on the stage...

Pit is very good i think, 2 Scnd jumps. His Up-B pushes the oppenent a little bit away (annoying thing -.-) and a good pit will know how to control the up-b that u dont can hit him while doing it...

I also hate it, when hitting him in Air (For example snake utilt) and he do the up-b and flyes that quick down you cant really hit him ;______;

Earthbound Zero

Smash Journeyman
Why is Samus higher than ZSS? ZSS tether recovery is amazing, sure Samus has a recovery that can potentially stage spike and a long Zair, but ZSS has more options, can take opponent's down with her, and her Side B has great horizontal recovery with a spike to boot.

EDIT: Is it because of Samus' bomb jumps?

MRTW113

Smash Journeyman
Solo Climber can use Squall to recovery, so yeah...
Also, Sonic is that high? O__o
All B moves are recoveries, none leave you helpless, super vertical Up-B that you can attack out of, and 3 different horizontal recoveries that you can still use Up-B after...and floaty >_>

c0nd0r

Smash Apprentice
That is part of the recovery. We are not judging Up B's. We are judging their ability to get back to the stage.
yes, I know, I was saying what you told me too the person I quoted, but it didn't come out right :laugh:

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Samus is that high because her Auto-Ledge-Grab IS THE BEST IN THE GAME. It so often happens to me, that i think she will die and NOOOOOO SHE GRABS THE LEDGE from that far o_O it's crazy believe me...

Also it has a good vertical range, the horizontal Range she has with Zair ^^

Johnny Pteran

Smash Journeyman
No freakin' way is Ganondorf's worse than Link's. Not only does it grab edgehoggers, but he also reaches out a grab to shoo them away as well. And it's like Captain Falcon's; it goes twice as high and twice as far as Link's.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
No freakin' way is Ganondorf's worse than Link's. Not only does it grab edgehoggers, but he also reaches out a grab to shoo them away as well. And it's like Captain Falcon's; it goes twice as high and twice as far as Link's.
Link still has a good tether option and a bomb recovery; Link's recovery is bad but people aren't giving it enough credit; Link's recovery is better than Ganondorf's.

c0nd0r

Smash Apprentice
Link still has a good tether option and a bomb recovery; Link's recovery is bad but people aren't giving it enough credit; Link's recovery is better than Ganondorf's.
not really, Ganons jumps are higher and his upb is better, and he has double reverse warlock punch

(and w/e happend to super ganon jump?:p)

kevinw0w

Smash Journeyman

I think Ganon's is better than link's too...

1. His tether can not punish edge hoggers. Just hog and tether is useless. Try up+b? Might not make it. Plus, ganon's will grab them and stage spike them. Or if the edge is farther, he'll just hit them off the edge with that.. thing.

Bomb is useless if you're sent at a horizontal or low trajectory. Seriously.

TP

Smash Master
not really, Ganons jumps are higher and his upb is better, and he has double reverse warlock punch

(and w/e happend to super ganon jump?:p)
The Flight of Ganon can only be done from the ground, sadly. The double reverse Warlock Punch technically helps, but it gives them a free hit on you if they are fast and only works in the upper corner, where he can recover from anyway, so it is really useless.

That said, I think he can reach the stage from below where Link can reach the edge, though I could be wrong on that.

The_NZA

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure Ness isn't that bad. Not only is his 2nd jump pretty big to do most things, but his thunder is so fast and manueverable that you can hit yourself in MANY different ways to avoid your opponent gimping you. At least, thats waht ive found in Brawl. Its so much more flexible than melee, and your opponent always tries it at the risk of being hit by ness's strongest move.

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
Why is DK so low, you'll make it back to the stage almost every time. His up-Bs horizontal range is ridiculous and horizontal range is more important than vertical height. Its priority is also amazing, taking out non-laser projectiles, and not even MK can hit you out unless they time a shuttle loop extremely well.
And his senond jump isnt too bad

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Why is DK so low, you'll make it back to the stage almost every time. His up-Bs horizontal range is ridiculous and horizontal range is more important than vertical height. Its priority is also amazing, taking out non-laser projectiles, and not even MK can hit you out unless they time a shuttle loop extremely well.
It's not so much that DK's recovery is bad, but that the characters above him have better recoveries.

Browny

Smash Hater
thats why you just dair him instead... I know with sonic i have no trouble fast falling a bair onto DK while hes spinning and it hits every time, sonic takes no damage. im sure every single character has multiple aerials that can knock DK out of it.

Zephramrill

Smash Lord
this is hilarious, how is charizard below Yoshi? He has 3 jumps, a glide, and superarmour in his up+B. How is squirtle so low as well? His horizontal airspeed means you almost never need to use Up+B anyways. Lucas being so high is pretty funny too, but I guess with wavebouncing maybe he deserves some recognition.

Edit: Pits recovery isn't third best in the game, and how is sonic so high :S

I'm going to give some nice specific reasons for my assumptions above when i come back home in 2 hours.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
this is hilarious, how is charizard below Yoshi? He has 3 jumps, a glide, and superarmour in his up+B. How is squirtle so low as well? His horizontal airspeed means you almost never need to use Up+B anyways. Lucas being so high is pretty funny too, but I guess with wavebouncing maybe he deserves some recognition.

Edit: Pits recovery isn't third best in the game, and how is sonic so high :S

I'm going to give some nice specific reasons for my assumptions above when i come back home in 2 hours.
Im going to try and answer this one.

You see, Yoshi has amazing aerial movement. The best in fact. (moving forward) It helps alot.
With proper usage of the DJ and the Egg toss, Yoshi can travel some great distances.
Juggernaut frames on his DJ helps too.

When compared to Zards sluggish and predictable recovery. His Glide is nothing compared to MK and Pits.

Zephramrill

Smash Lord
Im going to try and answer this one.

You see, Yoshi has amazing aerial movement. The best in fact. (moving forward) It helps alot.
With proper usage of the DJ and the Egg toss, Yoshi can travel some great distances.
Juggernaut frames on his DJ helps too.

When compared to Zards sluggish and predictable recovery. His Glide is nothing compared to MK and Pits.
Zards recovery isnt really that sluggish or predictable. Let's get something straight, he lives forever and can recover from wherever. He cant be spiked out of Fly due to the nice super armor. The second yoshi loses his DJ its basically game over, zard would still have another jump and fly. I think the fact that Charizard has options should raise him up.

Top Bottom