• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Project M Ridley - CLASSIC RIDLEY BETA RELEASED! 31/10/16

What is your opinion on this hack?

• Total voters

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
The rumble function of the controller. The PSA is lacking that for pretty much every move (I only remember one of the landing animations having the Rumble event in PSA).
Oh, that. Well, this is a result of lazyness and just not knowing where it should be triggered. Will be fixed at some point. Not that much of a big deal, but still needs to be fixed.

EDIT: i think i might have found out what caused this bulls**t stuff with Kirby hat and Meta Ridley recolor.

Last edited:

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
Nitpick, I don't like that Ridley roars Every Time he does a claw swipe, it get's kinda annoying.

Glad to hear that and not sure i can understand why you'd like something like this.

For next small update, i have something planned and this time, it won't fail:

Im kinda tired of current claw swipe trails and they don't fit SSB much. So, i decided to modify the claw swipe trail GFX so it would have more fitting motion for Ridley's claw swipes. I'll have more than one of those so they would fit certain animations. So, around 6-7 will be required. They are rather small in size, so, its possible to import them all.
I think use should do that for the tail swipes too, also maybe add some type energy force around him when he does his ground down special.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Nitpick, I don't like that Ridley roars Every Time he does a claw swipe, it get's kinda annoying.

I think use should do that for the tail swipes too, also maybe add some type energy force around him when he does his ground down special.
Its not much different from other characters grunting when attacking.

Nah, they'd better use sword trails like other sharp objects like swords.
That would be ridicolous. It would be ok for Meta Ridley or Omega Ridley, but not for normal Ridley.

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
Its not much different from other characters grunting when attacking.

Nah, they'd better use sword trails like other sharp objects like swords.
That would be ridicolous. It would be ok for Meta Ridley or Omega Ridley, but not for normal Ridley.
I ment like just something to make it look cooler like some type of cool affect .

OmegaPyron

Smash Cadet
So now that the PM version is out, how about an update for Brawl EX users?

I'm sure Nebulon is dying to add this to his Brawl 4 All, a pack that has 100+ characters and 150+ stages.
He's using the old Ridley, and although the Ridley 1.77 for Brawl/Brawl Ex works, you know how much it is missing.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Well, not sure how to fix that without being inconsistent with his teeth and claws. Other M model certainly has no such issue. Its not released yet, but still.

Weird. I didn't encountered this glitch at all.

Thanks and not yet. Animations, bug fixing and balancing are not done yet. Oh, and thrown animations fix is also not done yet. Ooh boy.
That's because you haven't tried it with ALL of the costumes yet. It crashes at the result screen on all costumes after the Charizard recolor becuase in default PM, pit only has 6 recolors where as your mod has 9. We need to insert the needed assets for the results screen for it to not crash. Anyone who has also tried making a Brawl Ex clone would also tell you similar (not to be rude or anything...).

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
That's because you haven't tried it with ALL of the costumes yet. It crashes at the result screen on all costumes after the Charizard recolor becuase in default PM, pit only has 6 recolors where as your mod has 9. We need to insert the needed assets for the results screen for it to not crash. Anyone who has also tried making a Brawl Ex clone would also tell you similar (not to be rude or anything...).
I tried it with all recolors and more than once.
...yeah, looks like i incorrectly put MenSelchrFaceB220.brres file. It should be in projectm>pf>menu>common>char_bust_tex and i skipped "common" folder. The file is here and you can easily fix it by yourself. But i did not forgot about it. Also, how many recolors Pit has in 3.6? I know that they added Classic Dark Pit (lol), but is that all?
Well 3.6 just released, that was a short-lived time with Ridley 2.0,hopefully an update is in order.
Wait, its already is out?! F***! Then you all will have to wait a bit longer. I have to find out if he is fully compatible. I certainly know that RSBE01.gct is not compatible anymore. Would be nice to somehow get Brian Mckeever to make announcer call for Ridley, but oh well.
So now that the PM version is out, how about an update for Brawl EX users?

I'm sure Nebulon is dying to add this to his Brawl 4 All, a pack that has 100+ characters and 150+ stages.
He's using the old Ridley, and although the Ridley 1.77 for Brawl/Brawl Ex works, you know how much it is missing.
He already is using it? Didn't know. I guess i can make a BrawlEx version, but its going to take a while and sounds will be more repetitive.

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
I tried it with all recolors and more than once.
...yeah, looks like i incorrectly put MenSelchrFaceB220.brres file. It should be in projectm>pf>menu>common>char_bust_tex and i skipped "common" folder. The file is here and you can easily fix it by yourself. But i did not forgot about it. Also, how many recolors Pit has in 3.6? I know that they added Classic Dark Pit (lol), but is that all?

Wait, its already is out?! F***! Then you all will have to wait a bit longer. I have to find out if he is fully compatible. I certainly know that RSBE01.gct is not compatible anymore. Would be nice to somehow get Brian Mckeever to make announcer call for Ridley, but oh well.

He already is using it? Didn't know. I guess i can make a BrawlEx version, but its going to take a while and sounds will be more repetitive.
yes, so at this state, the Retro Ridley recolor may work, maybe...

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
yes, so at this state, the Retro Ridley recolor may work, maybe...
Yes, it should.
But most of PM players will be using 3.6 and Ridley won't have here all of his costumes anyway, so, at least he won't crash the game. Still needs to be fixed though.

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Hm... I'll just wait till you do further updates before I get around to having PM 3.6.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Did you happen to use CBliss when assembling the download?
No. I used it at first, but then PyortLuzhin did it by himself without cBliss so it would be stable. I don't know how he added extra colors, but would like to know how. Fortunately, PM 3.6, as far as i know, added 1 more recolor to Pit, resulting in 8 colors total and i think Ridley would be fine with just 8 colors. 2 recolors will have to go though. For now at least. Then, at some point, i'll add missing recolors. But i certainly will not remove NES and Meta Ridley colors.

Last edited:

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
don't stress out over this, Bagan.

surely you'll find your way over this situation.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Alax may be able to do another showcase, but it's not confirmed. I asked him about it on Twitter and got this as a response;
Perhaps, I have other plans but that sounds like an interesting video
I assume he's still playing P:M on Dolphin, but a showcase to promote the new release is better than none. :p

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Alax may be able to do another showcase, but it's not confirmed. I asked him about it on Twitter and got this as a response;

I assume he's still playing P:M on Dolphin, but a showcase to promote the new release is better than none. :p
Oh. Interesting. But tell him to wait for the mod to be updated to be compatible with 3.6 then.

I found a way to fix Assist Trophy glitch or whatever...and it involves re-importing all of the coding to a completly untouched vBrawl Pit's file, so, its going to take a while. But its worth it. I also finished putting claw swipe GFX on most of claw swipes.

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Oh. Interesting. But tell him to wait for the mod to be updated to be compatible with 3.6 then.

I found a way to fix Assist Trophy glitch or whatever...and it involves re-importing all of the coding to a completly untouched vBrawl Pit's file, so, its going to take a while. But its worth it. I also finished putting claw swipe GFX on most of claw swipes.
I just noticed something... did you forget to add the "Pit has 10 costumes code" in your RSBE01.gct?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
So, i tried out Project M 3.6 beta. F*** yeah. Its f***ing awesome.
Ridley is compatible with it with few changes i already made (im using my mod too after all). Recolors that are demoted to extras are white Ridley and Charizardley. To make Pit vs Dark Pit even fit Ridley, i put Other M recolor on Dark Pit. All i will have to do is just replace the stage used and the music. Last one is the issue though - that program that edits even matches refuses to change music used for the event. I want it to be Vs. Ridley used on Frigate Orpheon (IMO, should have been on Norfair since this is where Ridley's Lair is located).
As for balancing changes, there won't be any...at least for now. While Meta Knight and Pit have limited glides now, Charizard does not. Ridley shouldn't have limited glide either. Pit is known to be unable to fly while Meta Knight...yeah, i don't know why he has limited glide. Either way, it won't fit Ridley, especially when Metroid Prime exists. But there will be few graphical updates. For example, his claw swipes, as i said earlier, will use actual claw swipe GFX...es, his DAir will have GFX similar to pre-3.5 Meta Knight's DAir, his USmash will have blur trail whatever on wings, his fireball will be updated to look better (most likely will use Yoshi's fireball or something like this), etc. Other than that, his roars' volume will most likely be decreased to match other characters.

See you next mission!

Last edited:

OmegaX5000

Smash Journeyman
I just found something very interesting about Ridley's new final Smash. Apparently you can air dodge out of it after the initial hit before it gets the chance to KO a player. Don't know if that was intentional, but it definitely caught me by surprise!

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I just found something very interesting about Ridley's new final Smash. Apparently you can air dodge out of it after the initial hit before it gets the chance to KO a player. Don't know if that was intentional, but it definitely caught me by surprise!
Well, it certainly is not going to be possible anymore since i added 3-4 extra hitboxes to the flame that appear behind the first hitbox one after another.I also made the flame itself longer than before so it looks more like a stream of fire rather than a fireball.
Oh, and this:

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
Well, it certainly is not going to be possible anymore since i added 3-4 extra hitboxes to the flame that appear behind the first hitbox one after another.I also made the flame itself longer than before so it looks more like a stream of fire rather than a fireball.
Oh, and this:
Wow!! An event featuring Ridley? I thought up a few more event ideas if Ridley happens to be a playable character:

Samus's Worst Nighmare - face off against 10 powerful Ridleys
Size Doesn't Matter - Tiny Ridley fights against Giant Olimar.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Wow!! An event featuring Ridley? I thought up a few more event ideas if Ridley happens to be a playable character:

Samus's Worst Nighmare - face off against 10 powerful Ridleys
Size Doesn't Matter - Tiny Ridley fights against Giant Olimar.
Yeah, but it pretty much is that Dark Pit duel event with different characters and a different stage.

That would be nice to recreate in PM using MiscData editor.

OmegaPyron

Smash Cadet

"So now that the PM version is out, how about an update for Brawl EX users?

He's using the old Ridley, and although the Ridley 1.77 for Brawl/Brawl Ex works, you know how much it is missing."

"He already is using it? Didn't know. I guess i can make a BrawlEx version, but its going to take a while and sounds will be more repetitive."

Dang. I was hoping it wasn't gonna take too long; wishful thinking I guess.
I presume he's tested Ridley 1.77 because others and myself have recommended it to him, but I can't say for sure because he hasn't released any updates/spoilers in a long while. Although I've tested the 1.77 version on his build and it works fine, the old Ridley that is he is using in the last download was...this:

Last edited:

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
So what's your plan now that 3.6 Beta is out; wait until the final version comes out? And in either one, do you have to make any special edits so Ridley can be compatible with the latest version?

latinking

Smash Apprentice
Oh, and this:
Are these latest changes for the Ridley mod available for download yet? :)

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Oh, and this:
i here PM v3.6 Bowser's size got shrunken down to 6%.

care to do a quick screenshot comparison with PM Ridley v2.0 and PM v3.6 Bowser, Bagan?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

"So now that the PM version is out, how about an update for Brawl EX users?

He's using the old Ridley, and although the Ridley 1.77 for Brawl/Brawl Ex works, you know how much it is missing."

"He already is using it? Didn't know. I guess i can make a BrawlEx version, but its going to take a while and sounds will be more repetitive."

Dang. I was hoping it wasn't gonna take too long; wishful thinking I guess.
I presume he's tested Ridley 1.77 because others and myself have recommended it to him, but I can't say for sure because he hasn't released any updates/spoilers in a long while. Although I've tested the 1.77 version on his build and it works fine, the old Ridley that is he is using in the last download was...this:

It always is like this. Simple things still can require a lot of time.

Yeah, this s**t was awful. Could have at least fixed the neck.
So what's your plan now that 3.6 Beta is out; wait until the final version comes out? And in either one, do you have to make any special edits so Ridley can be compatible with the latest version?
No, i won't wait for that. We don't know for how long we'll have to wait. And i will have to make special edits, but mostly to misc stuff like codes and portraits.
Are these latest changes for the Ridley mod available for download yet? :)
Not yet.
i here PM v3.6 Bowser's size got shrunken down to 6%.

care to do a quick screenshot comparison with PM Ridley v2.0 and PM v3.6 Bowser, Bagan?
Thar be true, matey. And sure:

Oh, and if someone expects Ridley to have similar size decrease, then it won't happen. While Bowser is smaller now, everything else still has same size, so, no extra clipping through the platforms stuff.

Anyway, i decided to add Wait 3 animation. It probably will be rather annoying if the game decided to choose it too many times instead of Wait 2 animation, but it will be yet another animation based off something he did in Metroid games (and i doubt you'll be just standing here for no reasons for long enough). In this case, his weird floor scratching animation from MP3.

Last edited:
Top Bottom