• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Project M Ridley - CLASSIC RIDLEY BETA RELEASED! 31/10/16

What is your opinion on this hack?

• Total voters

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
While working on finding out remaining issues, i decided to make something:

This will be just an extra option. It will be replacing KI franchise icon, so, the only thing that will be required to use it is just using extra RSBE01.gct file i'll include in the pack that will make Ridley part of KI again. Unfortunately, i don't remember who made design i used for this icon, so, i can't credit that guy for it. The reason why i decided to do this is because now Bowser has a separate franchise icon and Screw Attack icon doesn't fits Ridley. It probably won't be the default version though.

Last edited:

PrinceGal3n

Smash Journeyman
While working on finding out remaining issues, i decided to make something:

This will be just an extra option. It will be replacing KI franchise icon, so, the only thing that will be required to use it is just using extra RSBE01.gct file i'll include in the pack that will make Ridley part of KI again. Unfortunately, i don't remember who made design i used for this icon, so, i can't credit that guy for it.
Do you want me to put the other Ridley Icon I have onto the thread?

DPBOX

Smash Rookie
[Franchise Icons]
I think you should use the second one. I think the first one is too fancy. The first one has a lot of details that I don't believe are needed. I don't think franchise icons should be very fancy-looking. I think franchise icons should be simple-looking and, well, summarize the franchise or character. Plus the second one looks more like Ridley.

Of course, this is only my opinion.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I think you should use the second one. I think the first one is too fancy. The first one has a lot of details that I don't believe are needed. I don't think franchise icons should be very fancy-looking. I think franchise icons should be simple-looking and, well, summarize the franchise or character. Plus the second one looks more like Ridley.

Of course, this is only my opinion.
Well, Bowser's icon doesn't exactly summarizes his franchise (just himself, like with this icon) and 1st one looks more like the model used while 2nd one is Brawl Ridley (who is very different from my model).
Its just extra thing after all. You decide if you want to use it or not.

Last edited:

WEK-Sector Pirate

Smash Apprentice
The 1st Icon looks really weird,I think its the bottom jaw mostly,makes him look like Robo-Ridley. Just doing a side silhouette your Ridley's head would work.

Kazooie56

Smash Apprentice
bowsers icon is now a bowsers face in project m 3.6 plus i never noticed that was brawl ridley before you pointed it out.
also shouldn't it look like samus's icon

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
bowsers icon is now a bowsers face in project m 3.6 plus i never noticed that was brawl ridley before you pointed it out.
also shouldn't it look like samus's icon
Its just an extra version that i want to add for those who wants Ridley to have his own icon. But i can't find where its stored for result screen, so, it won't be added in next update.

But something else will be fixed. Remember how lazily Ridley used home-run bat and how it had awkward angle? Well, thats not the case anymore:

Its not something special, but its nice to have better animations if possible. It looks kinda weird, but i think its better that way.
I would like to fix his jab animations too, but thats for another day.
Also, i wanted to ask something. Which animation is better (not in terms of quality because none of my animations reach that level of detail and stuff as his running animation because its straight from Other M)? Running on all fours as it is now or this:

I will replace current running animation at some point anyway (i really don't have time to edit tons of bone rotation values on EVERY SINGLE FRAME just to make it fit fixed model), but i might do it earlier. His jaw won't move as much, so, it won't look exactly like this and it looks better when he is moving.

Last edited:

OmegaX5000

Smash Journeyman
Also, i wanted to ask something. Which animation is better (not in terms of quality because none of my animations reach that level of detail and stuff as his running animation because its straight from Other M)? Running on all fours as it is now or this:

I will replace current running animation at some point anyway (i really don't have time to edit tons of bone rotation values on EVERY SINGLE FRAME just to make it fit fixed model), but i might do it earlier. His jaw won't move as much, so, it won't look exactly like this and it looks better when he is moving.

I like this animation better. Ridley running on all fours looks very awkward compared to this one, but that's just me.

Last edited:

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
Its just an extra version that i want to add for those who wants Ridley to have his own icon. But i can't find where its stored for result screen, so, it won't be added in next update.

But something else will be fixed. Remember how lazily Ridley used home-run bat and how it had awkward angle? Well, thats not the case anymore:

Its not something special, but its nice to have better animations if possible. It looks kinda weird, but i think its better that way.

Hahaha he's like Ohhh what's this for, I like the gliding on more just because it looks flasher and just overall looks better then the current one.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495

i prefer the all fours animation, but if you want to keep the flying animation it's up to you

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Hahaha he's like Ohhh what's this for, I like the gliding on more just because it looks flasher and just overall looks better then the current one.
It looks even better when he suddenly hits someone with it thanks to ridicolous knockback on home-run bat and that GFX that appears when KO is pretty much guaranteed.
i prefer the all fours animation, but if you want to keep the flying animation it's up to you
Well, i'll use it as some point because of reasons above, but i want to know if this change will be a forced one or not.

PrinceGal3n

Smash Journeyman

I can't wait to hit Samus with that bat animation, it will be glorious! I really like the new run animation too over the running on all fours.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I prefer the gliding animation tbh. It looks very professional, as it's something that I could expect to see in an official Smash game.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I can't wait to hit Samus with that bat animation, it will be glorious! I really like the new run animation too over the running on all fours.
Then its a good thing you can test it before others will.
I prefer the gliding animation tbh. It looks very professional, as it's something that I could expect to see in an official Smash game.
Thanks.

OmegaX5000

Smash Journeyman
I think I might have found a new glitch. When Mario uses his cape on Ridley, it causes the game to freeze. Although I'm not sure if that's because of Ridley or any of the other character mods I've installed.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I think I might have found a new glitch. When Mario uses his cape on Ridley, it causes the game to freeze. Although I'm not sure if that's because of Ridley or any of the other character mods I've installed.
Testers didn't reported such issue before.
Is Mario just vanilla/untouched PM Mario?

Last edited:

OmegaX5000

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, it was a false alarm. Must've been the other character mods I had installed since I just tried it out again without any of them installed.

MW100

Smash Rookie
whenever i do ridley vs bowser and the fight ends it causes my game to freeze

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058

I like that new Running animation.

yosharioIII

Smash Apprentice

Ooh I knew this would come up at some point. I feel like I'm the only one that prefers Ridley running on all fours. I just never liked the fly-running thing, it looks weird on Meta and Charizard, and I feel it could weirder with how big Ridley is. Also the flying just looks illogical to me, the all-fours run looks like it came right from Other M, and I just like the way it looks honestly.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Ooh I knew this would come up at some point. I feel like I'm the only one that prefers Ridley running on all fours. I just never liked the fly-running thing, it looks weird on Meta and Charizard, and I feel it could weirder with how big Ridley is. Also the flying just looks illogical to me, the all-fours run looks like it came right from Other M, and I just like the way it looks honestly.
It looks weird on them because they don't flap wings. It does looks kinda weird with him while on the ground and in this pose, but i'll have to make such animation at some point. Its inevitable.
All-fours run DID came straight from Other M. I just fixed head rotation (KingJigglypuff messed up something with his head, so, his head is looking 40 degree higher than original model when same rotation values are used) and tail. And translation stuff.

Remade grap animation to look like SilentDo0m's jab 1 animation, except with longer end lag. Will show it later.

EDIT: here:

His legs kinda shake, but i can't fix that and its not noticable in the game.
...oh, and recolor shown is going to be part of extra recolors i'll upload separately from the main pack one i'll be sure there are no issues with the mod. Other recolors included will be White, Charizard, Firebrand, Smash 3 (no real texture changes - just different kind of rimlighting) and true Other M Ridley. And one more recolor i won't name for now, but it won't be anything special. I just don't know how to call it.

Last edited:

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
In order to download the Ridley mod, do I need to download the hackles Wii ZIP? Or am I ok with the Homebrew Option ZIP?

AceGamer

Smash Journeyman
The fly run thing happens because those characters aren't really known for running lol. Especially Charizard, look at those stubby legs of his. Do they look like they were made for running? X)

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
In order to download the Ridley mod, do I need to download the hackles Wii ZIP? Or am I ok with the Homebrew Option ZIP?
...No idea. I think both are fine.
whenever i do ridley vs bowser and the fight ends it causes my game to freeze
Didn't noticed this one. Probably because of broken result screen images (if you used Meta Ridley, Other M Ridley or NES Ridley).
The fly run thing happens because those characters aren't really known for running lol. Especially Charizard, look at those stubby legs of his. Do they look like they were made for running? X)
He kinda tries to walk fast at least.

MerryShadow

Smash Cadet

The crawling run really grew on me, so i'd say keep it, but i'd like to compare both in game before giving a definitive opinion.
imo, the problem with the flying run is it won't look good unless Ridley moves fast, and he's supposed to be somewhat slow on the ground.
Anyway, if you choose to keep the flying run, will you move the crawl to his walk or just remove it?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
The crawling run really grew on me, so i'd say keep it, but i'd like to compare both in game before giving a definitive opinion.
imo, the problem with the flying run is it won't look good unless Ridley moves fast, and he's supposed to be somewhat slow on the ground.
Anyway, if you choose to keep the flying run, will you move the crawl to his walk or just remove it?
Yeah, i'll have to increase his running speed slightly. It won't fix his real issues on the ground though (slow attacks), so, it won't be as bad.
I'll remove the "crawl" (it clearly is running animation though) completly because animation is the issue, not how it looks like.

Last edited:

MerryShadow

Smash Cadet
Yeah, i'll have to increase his running speed slightly.
I'll remove the "crawl" (it clearly is running animation though) completly because animation is the issue, not how it looks like.
You think you could add it as an actual, slower crawl, just as a reference? i personally really like it, it would be a nice trade-off.

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
@ BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros

Thank you.

@ MerryShadow MerryShadow

I couldn't agree more. I haven't played as Ridley yet, but I really do like his crawling run animation. It makes him more distant from the characters that glide run like Meta Knight and Charizard. Still, I'm sure Bagan know what's best at the end of the day.

Princess Mio-chan

Smash Rookie
I'm super impressed with the work you've put into this mod.
I will say that I kinda wish his tail's range wasn't decreased so dramatically going into version 2.0. I thought the length in version 1.9 was pretty much perfect. I'm not sure if this was discussed prior or not, but, what do you feel on the matter?

Top Bottom