• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Project M Ridley - CLASSIC RIDLEY BETA RELEASED! 31/10/16

What is your opinion on this hack?

• Total voters

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
Shadow Freddy already has this pose, so, just Shadow Freddy.
...wait...Shadow Freddy is actually very dark purple...Ridley is also purple and had similar pose after getting killed by Queen Metroid...and he also is not above killing children like certain other purple...oh god...
#insanefnaftheories

Just few screenshots prepared to be used as previews for v2.1 on KC-MM/Brawl Vault:
wow, that looks great! also... five nights at ridley's? seriously though good job on this.

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
They are a lot smaller. I made them longer and more curved than on the original Other M model.

...wait...Shadow Freddy is actually very dark purple...Ridley is also purple and had similar pose after getting killed by Queen Metroid...and he also is not above killing children like certain other purple...oh god...
#insanefnaftheories

Just few screenshots prepared to be used as previews for v2.1 on KC-MM/Brawl Vault:
Well would it be possible to remove the teeth when you get free time to, you know that alongside the tip of color has an extra like has extra model to download, also I wanted to say that I truly how Ridley feels and the fact you have plans to balance him and make extra colors just brings me joy to see a controversial character be made to work so well in the game that has said to be impossible to make and you did has a god damn hobby, you have my respect good sir.

When do you think that the next version will come out?

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
They are a lot smaller. I made them longer and more curved than on the original Other M model.

#insanefnaftheories

Wait does this mean a release soon......

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Well would it be possible to remove the teeth when you get free time to, you know that alongside the tip of color has an extra like has extra model to download, also I wanted to say that I truly how Ridley feels and the fact you have plans to balance him and make extra colors just brings me joy to see a controversial character be made to work so well in the game that has said to be impossible to make and you did has a god damn hobby, you have my respect good sir.

When do you think that the next version will come out?
Yes, but not fully. There will be spots were it wold be obvious that teeth were here not just because of shape, but also because of textures. And just toothless Ridley would look weird.
What do you mean by "the tip of color has an extra like has extra model to download"?
Thanks.

Don't know. Each time i think its ready, something new appears and i have to fix it.
Wait does this mean a release soon......
Maybe. I don't know.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Now Ridley has Final Smash eyes:

Nothing really special, but hey, its something. And just in-game previews of extra recolor on previous page to make this post bigger:

With Metal Box:

With Metal Box (alt):

Kinda sad that i couldn't use more than 4 characters at once. Then i could have used Ice Climbers. I could have used 2 ICs and Lucas though...f***.
Had to use different textures for wings though. Otherwise, they disappear completly for some reasons.

Last edited:

Wolley2xjd

Yes, but not fully. There will be spots were it wold be obvious that teeth were here not just because of shape, but also because of textures. And just toothless Ridley would look weird.
What do you mean by "the tip of color has an extra like has extra model to download"?
Thanks.

Don't know. Each time i think its ready, something new appears and i have to fix it.

Maybe. I don't know.
OK.
I meant his tip of his tail being the same color has him, remember that?
No problem.

Now Ridley has Final Smash eyes:

Nothing really special, but hey, its something. And just in-game previews of extra recolor on previous page to make this post bigger:

With Metal Box:

With Metal Box (alt):

Kinda sad that i couldn't use more than 4 characters at once. Then i could have used Ice Climbers. I could have used 2 ICs and Lucas though...f***.
Had to use different textures for wings though. Otherwise, they disappear completly for some reasons.
That last pic though. :laugh:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
To those who misses the arm and leg spikes - they will be here once again:

Not by default though. Default model will still remain spikeless. I recolored his wing spikes to match other spikes on him outside of those that are on the head.
...yeah, after thinking about it, there isn't much to tell at this point. Just waiting until we (me and testers) will be sure he is glitch-free and ready to go. To make sure i won't rush things, no deadline this time.

Last edited:

Wolley2xjd

To those who misses the arm and leg spikes - they will be here once again:

Not by default though. Default model will still remain spikeless. I recolored his wing spikes to match other spikes on him outside of those that are on the head.
...yeah, after thinking about it, there isn't much to tell at this point. Just waiting until we (me and testers) will be sure he is glitch-free and ready to go. To make sure i won't rush things, no deadline this time.
SPIKES!!!

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Im uploading the pack now, so, the Brawl Vault entry will be updated soon. No new victory animations because it doesn't matters that much.
Have album full of preview images here: http://imgur.com/a/0ATHn#0
And now Ridley has updated banner:

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Im uploading the pack now, so, the Brawl Vault entry will be updated soon. No new victory animations because it doesn't matters that much.
Have album full of preview images here: http://imgur.com/a/0ATHn#0
And now Ridley has updated banner:
Dat banner tho...
:D Now begins my project once more...

Edit: Wait, your using the Smash3 edge now?

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Dat banner tho...
:D Now begins my project once more...
Good...

Urgh...I updated OP. Finally! Frame data stuff is not completly finished though. Only normal attacks (jabs, tilts, smash attacks and aerial attacks) are done and grab. But they still lack all of this fancy extra stuff like IASA, hitbox ID, etc. But i don't care right now because my eyesight is failing from lack of sleep. So, i'll finish it later. Check it out though. Its better than before.

Hidan

Smash Apprentice
Is this one updated for PM 3.6? If so I'll have to download that too...

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Spiked model has been released: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=208981

Previews:

Just insert "projectm" folder included in the archive into your SD card and its done. No CSPs for now because i don't have access to Photoshop right now.

Now i'll go back to OP and try to finish it.
EDIT: screw it, i'll just finish extra recolors and such. And im uploading CSPs for spikes model right now. Also, extra recolors now need to be tested by our testers and it will be ready to go. Here are previews for them:
EDIT 2: added CSPs to the spiked model's images section. You must click on icon next to icon with red "!" to open it.

Last edited:

Mapet

Smash Cadet
I just got around to trying this and it's excellent. I didn't expect installation to be as easy as it was also.

Is there any good audio file of Cashman saying "Ridley"? I saw a link dozens of pages back but it was dead.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
I just got around to trying this and it's excellent. I didn't expect installation to be as easy as it was also.

Is there any good audio file of Cashman saying "Ridley"? I saw a link dozens of pages back but it was dead.
Not as far as we can find; they all seem to have the same stupid echo on them.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Yeah, Ridley definitely feels more balanced than last time. Although, now that Ridley's F-Smash has a nerfed range, I think it could do with a little less start up lag.

Also, the game crashes if you equip the Screw Attack and jump. Just wanting to point that out.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Yeah, Ridley definitely feels more balanced than last time. Although, now that Ridley's F-Smash has a nerfed range, I think it could do with a little less start up lag.

Also, the game crashes if you equip the Screw Attack and jump. Just wanting to point that out.
FSmash can shatter most characters' shields when fully charged (and even when uncharged if shield is small enough) and can KO in 2-3 hits. I think its fine.

Weird. Didn't happened before.

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
I have to ask... who animated this?! these animations are god-like and look like they could be made by nintendo. his victory animation where he flies off with the baby metroid is the coolest looking thing i've ever seen. Phew, good thing i got that off my chest. This is the best PSA. EVER.:surprised:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I have to ask... who animated this?! these animations are god-like and look like they could be made by nintendo. his victory animation where he flies off with the baby metroid is the coolest looking thing i've ever seen. Phew, good thing i got that off my chest. This is the best PSA. EVER.:surprised:
I made most of them (i took 4-5 from Other M, but thats it). But i wouldn't really say so. They still have room for improvement. Including victory animation with baby metroid.
Either way, thanks.

Last edited:

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
I made most of them (i took 4-5 from Other M, but thats it). But i wouldn't really say so. They still have room for improvement. Including victory animation with baby metroid.
Either way, thanks.
yeah, it could be a bit improved. i got a crash when trying to hit a cpu ridley after he rolled left... i have no idea why that happened.

DualX

Smash Apprentice
This really is turning out to be nice. I'll be honest, I was in the "Ridley is too big for Smash Bros" crowd, so I'm glad you guys made him about the same size as Bowser. Does anyone have gameplay footage of this latest version?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
This really is turning out to be nice. I'll be honest, I was in the "Ridley is too big for Smash Bros" crowd, so I'm glad you guys made him about the same size as Bowser. Does anyone have gameplay footage of this latest version?
Good to know.
Unfortunately, we don't. I wanted to make another one like that previous video with Ridley vs Samus on Jungle Hijinx from Super Smash Flash 2, but my PC is 2slow. Dastardly Ridleylash asked certain someone to make one (...kinda forgot how he was called, but was something similar to word "relax"), but i don't know how it ended.

Wolley2xjd

How do you make him sound like Ridley because right now he sounds like Pit also when I start up PM he's not in the Opening nor his he at the Character select screen.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Yes I'm using the Wii, I pu the SFX and Sound into the folder labeled has such, for the opening I replace the old one with the new one.
Weird. How about just inserting projectm folder into your SD card? If there is any custom content outside of Ridley, make a back up folder.

Top Bottom