• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Project M Ridley - CLASSIC RIDLEY BETA RELEASED! 31/10/16

What is your opinion on this hack?

• Total voters

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
I'll scale him down to make his longer torso (so he would actually have waist rather than pretty much going from pelvis straight to ribcage) fit better, but thats it. His wings will remain in this position unless uses them to make sure i won't run out of power remaining file space for animations again. They won't be completly static (thats the word for it?) and instead they will move around like Other M Ridley's wings.
Alright then, make sure to remember show use when you already done it ok?

Rage83

Smash Ace
...then thats going to be a problem.
Pit and Ridley don't sound any different, if that's what you meant. Pit just has unnecessary blank space cut out of his voice clips, and Ridley is a bit quieter, as I resampled all of his sounds to be of a lower quality, to avoid crashes.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Pit and Ridley don't sound any different, if that's what you meant. Pit just has unnecessary blank space cut out of his voice clips, and Ridley is a bit quieter, as I resampled all of his sounds to be of a lower quality, to avoid crashes.
Good. But how much the quality was lowered? Don't want it to sound like its a recording or something.
And im too lazy to just export the sounds from it.

Last edited:

Mattboo64

Smash Rookie
I was wondering, how to I replace Pit's portrat on the character select screen with that of Ridley? Sorry if you have already answered. :201t::201h::201a::201n::201k::201s:

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
I was wondering, how to I replace Pit's portrat on the character select screen with that of Ridley? Sorry if you have already answered. :201t::201h::201a::201n::201k::201s:
All you should need to do is drag the included folders into the SD card's projectm folder if you don't have any other mods installed. If you do, then you need to locate sc_selcharacter (located in the menu2 folder), find MiscData[22] in that file and replace the portraits inside with Ridley's.

But really, if you don't want to go through the hassle, it's best to simply drag everything in and replace what you have other than Ridley back in after, if anything.

Rage83

Smash Ace
Good. But how much the quality was lowered? Don't want it to sound like its a recording or something.
And im too lazy to just export the sounds from it.
Ridley's sounds are all in 16000 frequency. If anything, you can have a listen to the sounds in supersawndz. By the way, I still have copies of the old, extra voicepack's from the previous versions.

Mattboo64

Smash Rookie
All you should need to do is drag the included folders into the SD card's projectm folder if you don't have any other mods installed. If you do, then you need to locate sc_selcharacter (located in the menu2 folder), find MiscData[22] in that file and replace the portraits inside with Ridley's.

But really, if you don't want to go through the hassle, it's best to simply drag everything in and replace what you have other than Ridley back in after, if anything.
Ok thanks I'll try that, I love this comunity

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Ridley's sounds are all in 16000 frequency. If anything, you can have a listen to the sounds in supersawndz. By the way, I still have copies of the old, extra voicepack's from the previous versions.
I'll check them out then.
EDIT: yeah...sound quality certainly is lower and its very noticable for some of them (especially Ridley-X roar and one of the short roars). Also, wouldn't that placement of Ridley's roars make Metal Box fail to mute his voice?

Last edited:

Rage83

Smash Ace
I'll check them out then.
EDIT: yeah...sound quality certainly is lower and its very noticable for some of them (especially Ridley-X roar and one of the short roars). Also, wouldn't that placement of Ridley's roars make Metal Box fail to mute his voice?
EDIT: The sounds don't crash. I can add some quality back(My soundbank is smaller than your Ridley one, which is smaller than Brawl Pit's. Also, this is before taking unneeded noise out of Pit's wing flaps and stuff.)

Yes, although a port of his SFX over a boss would have the same side effect with metal boxes. The reason why I made a combined sound bank with Pit is so that you have extra sound slots to work with if you want to add more sounds to Ridley down the road. (For example, say I made a sound bank for playable Ridley over boss Ridley, and that boss Ridley's soundbank has 20 slots for sounds[It doesn't really, this is for the purpose of the example]. If we replace all of those, we can't get anymore to use. However, Pit (and Brawl characters in general) tend to have more unused slots in each of their soundbanks than any of the bosses have in one of theirs, which lets us have more room for new sounds. Anyways, I think that I'll rip Pit's sounds(not his voices), and cut out unneeded noise from those. Then maybe we'll have room to restore some quality for Ridley.

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
In a similar jokey vein to the Pitley image Bagan's made, I decided to make a joke about how the other most popular Ridley PSA is over Zero-Suit Samus.

Thus was the creation of Zero-Suit Ridley:
Zero Suit Ridley.png

Note that, like Pitley, this is just SJS's ZSS with the head models turned off and Ridley with modified proportions and the body, leg and arm models turned off, not a functional rig. It's an utterly hilarious image, but it's not actually for any part of the mod. :p

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
EDIT: The sounds don't crash. I can add some quality back(My soundbank is smaller than your Ridley one, which is smaller than Brawl Pit's. Also, this is before taking unneeded noise out of Pit's wing flaps and stuff.)

Yes, although a port of his SFX over a boss would have the same side effect with metal boxes. The reason why I made a combined sound bank with Pit is so that you have extra sound slots to work with if you want to add more sounds to Ridley down the road. (For example, say I made a sound bank for playable Ridley over boss Ridley, and that boss Ridley's soundbank has 20 slots for sounds[It doesn't really, this is for the purpose of the example]. If we replace all of those, we can't get anymore to use. However, Pit (and Brawl characters in general) tend to have more unused slots in each of their soundbanks than any of the bosses have in one of theirs, which lets us have more room for new sounds. Anyways, I think that I'll rip Pit's sounds(not his voices), and cut out unneeded noise from those. Then maybe we'll have room to restore some quality for Ridley.
Good idea. Most of Ridley's SFX don't sound very different from original in your file (except for those that are used for fireballs and i think one that is used for Down B), so, they can be left as it is.
I know that Metal Box would fail to mute him if he would use a boss' soundbank, but is it possible to put his roars back into voice section or whatever it should be?
In a similar jokey vein to the Pitley image Bagan's made, I decided to make a joke about how the other most popular Ridley PSA is over Zero-Suit Samus.

Thus was the creation of Zero-Suit Ridley:
View attachment 60631
Note that, like Pitley, this is just SJS's ZSS with the head models turned off and Ridley with modified proportions and the body, leg and arm models turned off, not a functional rig. It's an utterly hilarious image, but it's not actually for any part of the mod. :p
Its over Captain Falcon, not ZSS. There is a port for her, but it originally was made for him. Would have been better. And technically, this is off-topic, but mental image is good enough.
ehh, i meant the other one. Other M Meta-Ridley

the one with the Cyber Zebesian model parts implanted on Ridley's model
Should have called him Meta Ridley then. And he will be part of the main pack instead of Meta Ridley recolor, but first, he must be rigged by someone. Right now, those parts are just attached as separate things.

Last edited:

Rage83

Smash Ace
Good idea. Most of Ridley's SFX don't sound very different from original in your file (except for those that are used for fireballs and i think one that is used for Down B), so, they can be left as it is.
I know that Metal Box would fail to mute him if he would use a boss' soundbank, but is it possible to put his roars back into voice section or whatever it should be?
http://smashboards.com/threads/proj...-update-10-03-15.384954/page-14#post-19543313

This post has a workaround for metal boxes with the old Mewtwo sound effects, by using a variable to mute the voice sfx. For Ridley's voices to be muted by the metal boxes, I would recommend looking at the PSA data for this, and implementing the same kind of system for the sounbank with Pit and Ridley.

Mapet

Smash Cadet
Does anyone have a .sawnd for the Smash Bros. Crusade announcer with ridley? I tried to make my own but it just crashes the game.

NXero

Smash Apprentice
Oh damn I haven't been here in ages. Can I have an update?
Download the latest version and you will see :p

This 2.1 Ridley Ridley is for 3.6b? Is it backward compatible with 3.5?
I don't see why not, but you have to install the files manually because 3.6 changed some file locations (portraits and stocks), and the GCT is different too.

Last edited:

kalvinwithak

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone have the .wav files for Ridley's SFX? I am going to ATTEMPT to port him over a boss for BrawlEX's sake. I am trying to put him into a custom build of Project M Unbound. This is my first time so hopefully I'll be able to do it. I am also a huge fan of this mod. Had him in my Project M as soon as I knew about him.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
http://smashboards.com/threads/proj...-update-10-03-15.384954/page-14#post-19543313

This post has a workaround for metal boxes with the old Mewtwo sound effects, by using a variable to mute the voice sfx. For Ridley's voices to be muted by the metal boxes, I would recommend looking at the PSA data for this, and implementing the same kind of system for the sounbank with Pit and Ridley.
Ok then. Thanks for the link.
Does anyone have a .sawnd for the Smash Bros. Crusade announcer with ridley? I tried to make my own but it just crashes the game.
It should be somewhere here. It was posted in February or March.
Does anyone have the .wav files for Ridley's SFX? I am going to ATTEMPT to port him over a boss for BrawlEX's sake. I am trying to put him into a custom build of Project M Unbound. This is my first time so hopefully I'll be able to do it. I am also a huge fan of this mod. Had him in my Project M as soon as I knew about him.
Use Meta Ridley. He has more sounds and they will sound less out-of-place.
You can rip sounds by yourself using super sawnds and BrawlBox 0.57. Or just use Rage83's file to keep Meta Ridley's original sounds.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Not exactly related to the moveset itself, but its related to Ridley. Since right now, Ridley replaces Pit, his home stage in Clasic Mode and All-Stars is Skyworld. A giant murderous purple space dragon doesn't really fits here, does he? So, i decided to fix this issue. Of course, this won't be part of the main pack since some might like Skyworld.
Anyway, its background is nearly finished (i feel like it needs something, probably some kind of pillars) and the support thing for the main platform is already here. Right now, it looks pretty baren, but i started it like 1 hour ago, so, its obvious why. Here is a preview of it in its current state:

Its based off Ridley's boss rooms from original Metroid, Zero Mission and Super Metroid, but it has few of my own bits thrown in. I want it to look good without lagging the game and without it looking too much like Norfair (thats one of the reasons why i didn't just made a floating platform and why lava looks different here). Also, it partially benefits Ridley since the platform isn't just floating here, so, there is no chance of getting caught under the ledge while recovering. This doesn't makes him automatically the best character on the stage, but it does helps and it makes the stage more unique in PM.
Since there is no platform right now, what do you think of the background? I doubt anyone will recognize it, but its from Metroid Other M. To be more speciffic, its from SR388 flashback.

Other than that, i decided to update the jab. Right now, im waiting for feedback from the testers. Until then, i'll be working on the stage.

Last edited:

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
Not exactly related to the moveset itself, but its related to Ridley. Since right now, Ridley replaces Pit, his home stage in Clasic Mode and All-Stars is Skyworld. A giant murderous purple space dragon doesn't really fits here, does he? So, i decided to fix this issue. Of course, this won't be part of the main pack since some might like Skyworld.
Anyway, its background is nearly finished (i feel like it needs something, probably some kind of pillars) and the support thing for the main platform is already here. Right now, it looks pretty baren, but i started it like 1 hour ago, so, its obvious why. Here is a preview of it in its current state:

Its based off Ridley's boss rooms from original Metroid, Zero Mission and Super Metroid, but it has few of my own bits thrown in. I want it to look good without lagging the game and without it looking too much like Norfair (thats one of the reasons why i didn't just made a floating platform and why lava looks different here). Also, it partially benefits Ridley since the platform isn't just floating here, so, there is no chance of getting caught under the ledge while recovering. This doesn't makes him automatically the best character on the stage, but it does helps and it makes the stage more unique in PM.
Since there is no platform right now, what do you think of the background? I doubt anyone will recognize it, but its from Metroid Other M. To be more speciffic, its from SR388 flashback.

Other than that, i decided to update the jab. Right now, im waiting for feedback from the testers. Until then, i'll be working on the stage.
Add some enemies and some human bones in there and it'll look better.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Add some enemies and some human bones in there and it'll look better.
Human bones would have melted down in such enviroment (keep in mind that Samus, protected by very durable armor, requires Varia Suit to avoid heat damage in Lower Norfair and, of course, Ridley's room) and then there are creatures that could have eaten them. But i do plan on adding 2 (well, it actually will be one, but appears twice in different areas) Magdollites that randomly pop out of the lava and maybe a Nahime that pops out of the wall with glowing eyes. I can't add too much though - this stage must be lagless.

Added top of the main platform and added green lights both to said top of the main platform and to the base below the main platform. I used green lights for the sake of contrast or something. This isn't really worth showing though. Also, now lava flows towards the camera and rises and goes back down.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
nice work with the stage
Thanks.

Finished the main platform:

Those green lines are animated. Now i'll try to find something to use for 4 extra platforms (most of the time, only 2 will be present and after some time, 2 smaller extra platforms will rise from the bottom and move around) and pillars in the background (both normal and broken).

SmashJC

Smash Journeyman
Thanks.

Finished the main platform:

Those green lines are animated. Now i'll try to find something to use for 4 extra platforms (most of the time, only 2 will be present and after some time, 2 smaller extra platforms will rise from the bottom and move around) and pillars in the background (both normal and broken).
It makes me remind on a Metroid Prime 3 scenary, it looks great!

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
It looks like there will be some heated battles going on at that stage!
There surely will be. Its pretty big and has big boundaries or whatever those are called. And 4 platforms.

Its nearly finished. Just needs stuff happening in the background and extra platforms. Right now, it seems to be lagless (it runs 54fps for me and thats only slightly lower than FD's 60fps, but it should be fine for better PCs and on Wii). I decided to scrap idea with suddenly appearing 2 extra platforms and instead will make them always be present.

Unfortunately, some parts of it glitch out (this is why this green line looks weird and incomplete) and i couldn't keep same lighting as on the image above. I'll try to bring those back though.

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
There surely will be. Its pretty big and has big boundaries or whatever those are called. And 4 platforms.

Its nearly finished. Just needs stuff happening in the background and extra platforms. Right now, it seems to be lagless (it runs 54fps for me and thats only slightly lower than FD's 60fps, but it should be fine for better PCs and on Wii). I decided to scrap idea with suddenly appearing 2 extra platforms and instead will make them always be present.

Unfortunately, some parts of it glitch out (this is why this green line looks weird and incomplete) and i couldn't keep same lighting as on the image above. I'll try to bring those back though.
Jeez, you work fast

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Jeez, you work fast
Thanks.

Updated lighting, changed base of the platform, slightly changed main platform and added 2 extra platforms:

Top view:

Extra platform (seen from the bottom):

And once again, nothing from any of the Brawl stages (including Norfair) was used. Everything used here is from Other M (to be more speciffic, Geothermal Power Plant and SR388). There are so many glowing lines because, well, its a dark area and god knows how old bird people certainly need to know where they go in such place. And because it looks good, especially when the stage is so dark (which also makes Samus' new glowing lines noticable).

Last edited:
Top Bottom