• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Under Construction (FAQ + Q&A)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Underload

Lazy
I personally like using mortars and shorthopped regular tossed cooked grenades, to see if I can get something stupid on the MK.

If your spacing is good, you can cancel out nado with an utilt.

If you're not scared of the dair, you could probably try and catch him with a bair. That's iffy, though.

I won't say any more, though. I'm not super educated on Metaknight.

If MK is outzoning me and sticking around in the air like a good MK should be doing, should I just chip away with explosives, throw out a couple of fullhop bairs, utilt (usually doesn't get him unless I'm punishing poor spacing) or DA/DACUS when he tornados my shield/lands?
Cook nades in combination with tosses. This keeps a wall between you and MK. If he tries to tornado into you, then those nades should hit him. If you are short-mid tossing some cooked nades, then you are able to try to hit him in the air. Also, if he tries to Dair your shield or anything like that, you can shield and the nade should hit him. It is really the best option you have. If he does Dair your shield, you can occasionally try some OoS aerials. But, it seems risky.

You can dash/dacus tornados if they are not auto-canceled. If it is auto-canceled, then you cannot really punish it.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
by that what do you mean? (its the away part thats confusin me....so i would put analog stick up...but what is away?)

also what about his up b? i fell into a few of those which caused me to lose stock a little early...and would crouchin really help? cuz i did crouch but i got hit by a boomerang, got arrow jab locked and into a fsmash.
like, push away from where link is standing (like, the opposite of what pressing towards link would be). i dunno if crouch gets under upB , but it gets under zair, most projectiles and most aerials. try stuff out and see what happens. it just makes it really easy to get close to him.

in regards to the nado stuff...

check a few pages back, i posted some stuff. the ics board made a thread about it too, which might be worth looking at.

misterpimp5757

Smash Ace
@shmot

like the opposite side of where he is facing?

i dont think snake can crouch up b...if he did then that would be mad cheap lol.

for anyone....

what moves can go through nado? i know that bair could if it lands on the right spot...also utilt can...and if your lucky nair could too...and i did ftilt once and it cancelled the nado which is kinda weird...

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Apparently you can only crouch under Link's Up b if you're very close to Link with Link's looking at you and crawl a bit towards Link during the 1st frames (after you can just crouch). If you crouch behind him you apparently always get hit by the sweetspot, so I don't think crouching under Link's Up b is useful.

Apparently you can only crouch under Link's Up b if you're very close to Link with Link's looking at you and crawl a bit towards Link during the 1st frames (after you can just crouch). If you crouch behind him you apparently always get hit by the sweetspot, so I don't think crouching under Link's Up b is useful.
Reminds me of ganon. About half of his moveset you can avoid by merely crouching lol Never of any use though :/

Calzorz

Smash Lord
if an mk is d air camping il sometimes up air under his d air and time it for when his d air ends , sometimes il do some advance nade tricks and suprise the mk with a diffrent atack if u want to play safe camp with nades

jbandrew

Smash Lord
Soo the only way I can concentrate in the MK matchup is by looking at MK and basically trying to cover his dash grab option. I try to predict it/stop it, and if he doesn't do that well then everything else he does can be reacted to.. Playing this matchup any other way just gets me *****... so I'd like to know what you snakes look for or look @ when playing a MK?

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
VS Meta Knight you have to mix-up your options when recovering so you don't get read and lose your stock and avoid the air at all costs, he can easily juggle us for lots of damage. And against MK approaches with Dash Grab, you could try to pivot grab him.

jbandrew

Smash Lord
I wrote this yesterday thinking about Snake and his nades. Someone can add or correct things if they see things that are wrong but please be a believeable source -_-:

Snakes nades are good because once you take 1 out u can stand there and react to anything the opponent does. They can't hit yu with an attack because u have a nade @ ur feet and you'll both blow up. They're only option is dash grab to try and get u away from ur nade or to try and poke at u from the air. All of which can be reacted to so you have an upper hand on the ground.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
You actually have lag when you pull a nade, so a good play with a fast character (MK) can just rush at you and grab you before the lag ends. and anyone with a projectile can hit you right as you pull it so you get blown up. Its good, but not OMG2GUD.

jbandrew

Smash Lord
You actually have lag when you pull a nade, so a good play with a fast character (MK) can just rush at you and grab you before the lag ends. and anyone with a projectile can hit you right as you pull it so you get blown up. Its good, but not OMG2GUD.
True. But I sometimes find that when I pull a nade right when a MK dash grabs me or something we both blow up... the nade sorta acts like a counter?

etecoon

Smash Hero
the grab itself shouldn't detonate the grenade, a pummel or throw depending on where you end up after sliding can but MK can usually avoid that

etecoon

Smash Hero
yeah pretty much

but most MK's are stupid and will still try to pummel you or dthrow you lol

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I love grenade countering but it eats the shield. Against certain people its not the right defense though. But against Metaknight I like using the Grenades defensively because I can use them at high percentages to avoid death blows because they'll be stale. I live to around 200 doing that **** lol

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I like to use the nades offensively against MK, like lobbing nades right at him, even if it doesnt get him with the explosion he'll still take 5 damage from getting hit by the nade. But then again I lost to Etecoon soooo I probably should work on mah defensive nade game.

ZTD | TECHnology

I'm a very defensive player so its easier for me to use them in that way. But I do use them offensively also. The main goal is to just keep the pressure on Metaknight anyway. I become a lot more defensive when I'm within kill range for the fact that I will drop them when I'm hit.Might as well make the last bits of my stocks count lol Plus its fun. I love my defensive characters :D

etecoon

Smash Hero
I like to use the nades offensively against MK, like lobbing nades right at him, even if it doesnt get him with the explosion he'll still take 5 damage from getting hit by the nade.
this is also good because it has a tendency of staying near the target and bouncing around making it hard for them to attack or anything

But then again I lost to Etecoon soooo I probably should work on mah defensive nade game.
fail TV was fail and the game you won was the one where YOU SD'd twice lol, that set should never be referenced again -_-

and snake needs to make hard reads to beat MK, peoples habits usually get exposed the worst under pressure so having a good offensive use of nades is good

jbandrew

Smash Lord
this is also good because it has a tendency of staying near the target and bouncing around making it hard for them to attack or anything

fail TV was fail and the game you won was the one where YOU SD'd twice lol, that set should never be referenced again -_-

and snake needs to make hard reads to beat MK, peoples habits usually get exposed the worst under pressure so having a good offensive use of nades is good
I actually need to start using my nades more offensively lol...

Attila_

BRoomer
cant really write guides on nade usage... its more of a 'play and find out thing'. try things out against good players and youll learn.

ChomP

Smash Cadet
Can Snake grab release ftilt/utilt fox on the moving plaform on smashville?

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
sounds resonable enough, but its very situational though, esp since you have to gr when its moving the right way.

etecoon

Smash Hero
uair
Landing Lag - 22

tech
Total Frames - 27

does this mean that uairing into the ground is faster than teching or am I interpreting this wrong? it says duration 20 but total frames 27, 20 is the invincibility frames right?

Attila_

BRoomer
stolen from somewhere:

Stationary Tech
[EVERYONE]
Total: 26
Invincible: 1-20

uairing should be faster, although you get no invincibility...

jbandrew

Smash Lord
Does this sound like a good approach if I were to nade pull, walk towards enemy, shield drop, and depending on how the enemy reacts go for a grab or grab reversal?
mmmm not really since the enemy can poke at you and trap you between you and ur nade since ur nade is now behind you. You never want to put urself in the situation where ur nade is behind you. Just don't approach lol.

Underload

Lazy
I like playing against characters without projectiles. Marth is one of the most fun (yes, even m1k3H@Z3's). I also think ICs can be a really fun matchup, which is something a lot of people don't seem to think.

I hate playing against ROB, Falco, Lucario, Olimar, and Dedede. Metaknight, Wario, and Diddy are pretty eh.

ZTD | TECHnology

I almost forgot: Favorite MUs:

1. Snake dittos <3
2. King Dedede ( I dunno its a fun test of my campiness)
3.Wario

Least favorite:

1. Falco ..its so dumb and linear...
2. Diddy: Diddy is just gay.
3.Olimar: Need I say more?

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Hellu Snake Boards, you might be seeing me a lot here in the next little while asking questions about your character and how they perform on a certain stage.
Character boards seem to cycle through incomplete MU threads to new ones in hope to update them and finally complete them. This is the R.O.B. Boards attempt at completing a sufficient stage-discussion thread and I'm going to try my best to get accurate and thorough information, but I'll need your help. This will be the only question with an introductory. I just wanted to say hello and let you know that if you guys need info on anything for R.O.B. don't hesitate asking. ^_^

Anywho!

Q: How does Snake fair off on Delfino Plaza in general and against R.O.B.. Why is it good or bad? What can Snake abuse and what might possibly annoy you that R.O.B. can do on this stage? On a scale of 1 - 10, what do you see Snake's chances of doing well on this stage against R.O.B. 1 being the worst for you 10 being the best.

thanks guys =]
<beep3

ZTD | TECHnology

Delfino is not one of our stronger stages. Its not horrible but its not good. I think this would benefit the robot more for a few reasons:

There are several phases of the stage where ROB could camp us well. The part with the walk off and the part with the three small islands and the water come to mind. We aren't very mobile to begin with. The part with the islands prevents us from Mortarsliding - our fastest way of moving. If we get put in the water it can be very bad for us also. Also because the stage is constantly changing it weakens out stage control as a whole. Some parts are good-ish some are bad.

There isn't a great deal to abuse for us here. Although the first part of this stage is decent for us. The platforms give us more options to land our slow recovery and it enables our stage control game a little bit.

The parts with the walks off are decent for our Forward-Tilts but a good ROB can make it really irritating for us to close in. But on this same part of the stage I'm pretty sure Up-Tilts kills earlier here.

ROB also just has an easier time positioning himself ideally. He can move under the platforms and all that jazz. The only thing you can't really do is shark us since we have grenades.

Uh...that's it for now. For Snake I'd rate this stage like a 6 maybe 6.5. Can't sayi know enough about ROB to give an accurate number but maybe an 8. This stage seems like its considerably better for you than us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom