• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unbelievable! Also: How Should Samus Transform Into Zamus?

How Should Samus Transform Into Zamus?

• It should be whenever you want (like Zelda / Sheik)

Votes: 413 24.3%
  • It should be only after Samus' "Super Smash" (like in the movie - this would mean items must be on)

Votes: 74 4.4%
  • It should be only after something happens to Samus (like taking a certain amount of damage)

Votes: 163 9.6%
  • Zamus should be a seperate character all-together

Votes: 869 51.1%
  • I don't really care, I'm happy with whatever

Votes: 182 10.7%

• Total voters

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
I voted for what it'll be like :
Zamus should be a seperate character all-together.
End of story.

X_Arre

Smash Cadet
It would be a mistake to have Samus and Zamus in one. If Zamus is at all good, and you can switch at will, it will undoubtedly make Samus too good. If it's by damage, there's no way Zamus has something near equivilent to Samus's recovery, And if it's by super move, it would make Zamus unplayable in tournaments (I'm still assuming it's item activated, judging by the item Mario grabs that people ignore when making the opposite argument).

I really hope they make them seperate characters.

X_Arre

Smash Cadet
But shiek in a way needs zelda. Her abilities are not based on her clothing (like Samus/Zamus) so it really wouldn't make sense for them to be seperate, being the same person. And when I use shiek I get to go back to Zelda in midair to gain that long range recovery of hers.

sflik

Smash Rookie
Why not Cloud, Sonic, Bahamut, Tommy Vercetti as playable characters? And there shud be a button to transform Snake into Raiden :D

X_Arre

Smash Cadet
OMFG!! Tommy Verceti for top tier!!! He'd be so awesome. Psshaw, forget "not including realistic firearms" and give him a gatling gun, he'd whoop everyone's ***!! And the chainsaw would cut through Pikachu and splater blood all over the screen!!! He's never had any remote relevance to nintendo, but screw that!!
[/extreme sarcasm]

Snake to Raiden, Why not make Link to Zelda and Mario to Donkey Kong?

EDIT: Sorry, I don't know what came over me. I think I need some tea. But seriously, Wtf!?

kirby_fox

Smash Apprentice
dude...GTA? Hmm...no - was never on the console so no go

And just wondering but I've seen on other sites speculation that the classic controller will be used and not the GCN one. I decided to look the info over on IGN and sadly, there's no 100% confimation it'll be used. Sakurai hints that it might be used, but it is still possible they'll throw it out and not use it at all. (the info they released to IGN during E3 said this)

Just saying, it might not use the GCN controller (which would suck)...

jinzorob1

Banned via Administration
These are the special attacks i want some characters to have lets see yours

King Dedede- he goes into that hammer mode like in SSBM when u pick up a hammer(the top cant fall off and it does a lil less damage 20% per hit last for about 15sec)

Snake- pulls out bazooka(similar to superscope but u dont have to charge it about 25%)

Sonic- does a move similar to jiggly puffs rollout but has alot more power to it 25%

Knuckles- gets flame of his fist and does a punch similar to falcon punch and makes an explosion like after roys B is fully charged

mewtwo- continually shoots around 8 of those purple energy balls each ball 5%

deoxys- shoots 1 huge energy ball 30%

Megaman- shoots a huge laser across the screen(similar to the kamehameha) 30%

Azukki

Smash Apprentice
In the poll, I voted separate characters, even though it'll probably be after a certain ammount of damage, maybe after the special attack.

After all, she's probably damaged by the super move, and so that may have been the actual reason she transformed after the blast.

I really hope it's not whenever you want, like sheik, because that would give my brother a HUGE and unfair advantage.

jinzorob1

Banned via Administration
Sonic press conference! Funny!
___________________________________________________________________________________
Sonic's manager: Okay, everyone! We will now begin the press conference about Sonic's relationship with Super Smash Bros Brawl!

Sonic: "Relationship", Tails?! Please say you're joking.

Reporter 1: That's Tails?! I thought a woman said that!

Tails: Uh oh! Ju-just start the Q an-& A! (s@#% I'm sick of people thinking I'm gay!)

Sonic: (Phew! He left!) You, the guy on the right.

Reporter 1: Hi, how many people requested you so far?

Sonic: Oh gee. Let me count...about 99% of the fans. As you know, I've been mentioned in protests to be in since 2001! I was even mentioned in the SSBM site Q&A!

Reporters gasp.

Sonic: No %@*^! The question was ********* voice* "Are-are Sonic & Knuckles anywh-where in the game? Huhu?" Obviously no. Next question...the thin man up front.

Reporter 2: What do you think your chances are now?

Sonic: Hopefully, I should. But I bet...1...6...27...0%. Now that that creamsickle, Naka left, my new boss will prolly be more uptight. Naka was very kind, yet sort of a *******. I remember this time when I popped his tires & then he went Bob Saget on everything that moved! Bless that pin cushion! Bah! Next question. The tyke that's yelling "Ooh Ahh Oh Oh Dioga!"! Hahaha.

Reporter 3: AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! HOLY &^@$!

Sonic: Hey! That was very disrespectful, little man! You don't have a question, you don't belong here! Umm...the dude in the middle here.

Reporter 4: Who might be in if not you?

Sonic: Good question. If there's anyone fans want in besides me, it that little punk, Megaman. I mean what's his deal? All he can do is jump & shoot Corn Pops!

Reporter 5: Well, he can scan abili--

Sonic: There would be no other Wylee robots!

Reporter 5: What about Megaman X, & EXE?

Sonic: Trust me when I say this. They are only shells of the original. X never been on a Nintendo home console in like, 10 years! Next question. You.

Reporter 6: What about Geno? The buzz it that Nintendo bought him from Square-Enix.

Sonic: Is that a Sonic question? Hell no! Next question! Cloaked dude!

Reporter 7: If you were in, what characters would you most likely pummel?

Sonic: Haha! All of them! They are all just "characters". We got my biggest, company rival, Mario. An overweight plumber that can somehow do flips. He's creepy! Have you even seen him do plumbing before? And what's up with the pyro? He shoots fire by eating a flower! That fire must be nothing! Then there's that little yellow rat, who everyone thinks is out of style, Pichaku! What can that rat do to me? Hopscotch? And Kirby? That whatever thinks he can do anything. He sure can't catch me! Now about Snack, from Metal Gear Solid--

Reporter 4: It's "Snake", Sonic.

Sonic: I like "Snack" better! Anyways, he isn't Smash material. Guns & explosives...& a cardboard box! Scary! OOOOOOH! The revenge of the creepy box! HAHAHAHAHAH! Who else? Oh yeah! That elf dude that gay men like so much. He makes a big *** out of himself! A pony riding, boat sailing, milk chugging ***! It takes like what, a month to save a princess? If I was in his games, I'd save her in a minute! He should just take his little dagger, and shove it!

Reporter 2: Sonic. I bet he's watching this.

Sonic: What can he do! He can't even speak! You guys buy his games & he says NOTHING! It sucks that--

Tails: *runs in front* I'm straight see! Regular Pepsi! Not Diet! *bashes can on head then bites into to it to make it explode*

Sonic: TAILS! What the--

Then Link came out of nowhere & smacked Tails with his shield & all hell broke loose.
___________________________________________________________________________________
Fin

Sana

Smash Rookie
I picked the first option, but I think transformation into "Zamus" should be irreversable, despite being able to "transform" into her at will.

givequicheachance

Smash Cadet
^I like that idea.

In Metroid Zero Mission she takes off the suit intentionally, but should be able to take off the suit at will, but not be able to put it back on. And then when she's KO'ed, she should respawn wearing the suit again.

Sephi_hatu

Smash Apprentice
I personally dont think she transforms at all. Zamus is to samus as Link is to young link. Under certain conditions, link transformed into young link. Likewise, under certain conditions samus removes her suit.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
ROBERT2K95 said:
This is a useless poll because it is confirmed that Zero Suit Samus is seperate chacter from Samus,so you can use both seperate.
Wrong. Zamus is not "a pure character addition," and you can "still" play as Samus. You only play as Zamus under "certain conditions." This all indicates that they may be the same character.

Sephi_hatu

Smash Apprentice
Wrong. Zamus is not "a pure character addition," and you can "still" play as Samus. You only play as Zamus under "certain conditions." This all indicates that they may be the same character.
Wrong. That is called 'manipulating words'. It never says you play AS zamus under certain conditions. It says she removes her suit under certain conditions. Did you possibly think that since you could still play AS samus just means shes still a charector? If you had played a metroid game, you would understand, if not LEAVE.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Congratulations, you answered half of the quotes under suspicion. I have played the game where she uses the Zero Suit. I'm less interested in the "under certain conditions" and more interested in the "she is not a pure character addition" comment. There's not really a whole lot of things that that could mean.

Also keep in mind that I said

McFox said:
This all indicates that they may be the same character.
Did I say that they are the same character? No. Did I even say that I THINK they are the same character? No, I didn't. All I said was that they MAY be the same character, which is 100% correct. If you don't understand that, you can LEAVE.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
hm...wouldn't it be cool, if you could (once per battle) choose to "shed" your suit permanently and restore all your %? o.O (possibly by pressing Left/Right/Down on the D-pad)
say, once you do that your stuck as Zamus, even after you continuously die.

sure it could possibly be like having almost an extra stock over your oponent, assuming you use it at very high percents...but i don't think Zamus could take out Samus...so what if they intentionally made Zamus a little worse...so you not want to just transform into Zamus until you're on your last stock. Or maybe...have it so shedding your suit takes 2 seconds to initiate.
Or like..just holding A, before the fight starts...

don't get me wrong, i rather them as 2 separate characters...but this was just an idea that i would prefer over them being 1 character...who will remain in the inevitably, better form. This way theres some influence tugging you to drpp a tier if you have the time, room, and skill to use Zamus for that % reduction.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I hope Zamus wouldn't be intentionally worse, because she was who I was planning to have as my main(her and pit) but if she is low or mid-tier I'll stay play as her...

Yota

Smash Apprentice
Sephi_hatu said:
I personally dont think she transforms at all. Zamus is to samus as Link is to young link. Under certain conditions, link transformed into young link. Likewise, under certain conditions samus removes her suit.
Well it's not like she needs stones of time, and the master sword to take the suit off.

And on a side note, why do people say Tails is gay? His voice is high in pitch because he is still only 8 years old. (There is a 3rd-grader for my avatar!)

Nigguh-witta-attitude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KwameKamikaze
hahahahahahahahahahahahhaha.......................................................................................................Zamus!

nategt4

Smash Cadet
McFox i am sure you are a least a little tired of this topic(samus) and people who spam, can you tell everyone to drop it until more info comes in and if they dont warn them, you dont have to but at least maybe suggest some other topic. i am out of ideas and i think this thread is starting to grow stale we need more official info, until this comes, this forum will stay the way it is.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Well said, could you explain to me what exactly was on the webpage someone linked to that you all seemed shocked by? I can't seem to access it right now... Thanks.

Duke

it's just duke. nothing to get worried about.
Woah woah woah. I don't understand exactly what the deal is the Samus and Zamus. Did we get new information or are we having a poll just for the heck of it? I like how I instigated this Samus to Zamus transformation conversation. But whats the deal, has she been confirmed to change into Zamus in some way? And if not, then did I, by posting about the transformation in the trailer in like page 36, spark the idea to have this poll? Because I like how I was bashed for thinking that, and now look, its a poll. So I must not be alone.

The Great Marth

Smash Lord
Zamus needs to be separate.Samus in her reg suit is already a great character. Zamus would add to the roster of choose-able characters AND it would put some nice "attributes" to look at on the field........ahahahahahahahhahahahahahha........maybe its just me......

phatJacob07

Smash Cadet
(For Duke) As quoted from the Zamus page at the Smash Bros. Dojo:

This isn't a pure character addition. Rather, under certain conditions, Samus will "remove" her Power Suit. Whoa! That's a woman under there!

Naturally, Zero Suit Samus loses power and stamina, so she should fight using the speed she gains instead.
Also, her gun transforms and can be used as a whip. Of the two, one might consider the whip to be her main weapon.

And don't worry—you'll still be able to play as standard Samus, too.

DoctorChuk

Smash Apprentice
I didn't read any eariler posts so I don't know if this has been said...but anyway.

Maybe her charge shot will be a one time thing per match, and when she fires it, she loses the armour and has to finish as ZS samus. Since the shot would be one-time only, it could be bigger in diameter (harder to dodge) and about as powerful as Jiggs' rest (almost instant KO but sometimes not quite).

Just something I thought of.

Top Bottom