• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unbelievable! Also: How Should Samus Transform Into Zamus?

How Should Samus Transform Into Zamus?

• It should be whenever you want (like Zelda / Sheik)

Votes: 413 24.3%
  • It should be only after Samus' "Super Smash" (like in the movie - this would mean items must be on)

Votes: 74 4.4%
  • It should be only after something happens to Samus (like taking a certain amount of damage)

Votes: 163 9.6%
  • Zamus should be a seperate character all-together

Votes: 869 51.1%
  • I don't really care, I'm happy with whatever

Votes: 182 10.7%

• Total voters

SideEffect001

Smash Lord
smash~bomber said:
marth iz teh snaw3s0men3ss, he r0xx0rz ur s0xx0rz, hiz sk1llz r belong 2 1337, meh. marht pwn joo
....Ill probably go w/ fox because he is my favorite character in smash and will probably always be.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
SideEffect001 said:
....Ill probably go w/ fox because he is my favorite character in smash and will probably always be.
Remember how Ness was highest tier back in SSB? Yeah, brace yourself for a character change.

Yota

Smash Apprentice
nategt4 said:
it would be cool to put in dragonball z characters in, but then again DBZ characters might be too strong.
My rage toward that post put me into SSJ4... I think. :psycho:

Falco&Victory said:
AND STOP WITH THE STUPID BOX IDEAS,THE ARTICLE EVEN SAYS IT'S HIS SHEILD!!!!
This is all I could find in the first post relavent to Snake's box:
IGN.com said:
Sakurai confirmed that Wario actually has a fart attack and that Solid Snake can use his trusty cardboard box. In the video trailer, Snake gets out of the box and says "It's showtime!"
Zander805 said:
They should make Young Link wear the light blue tunic from Wind Waker... That would be pretty cool. ^^
You mean his PJs? Yeah, that would be a great costume idea if they were to use the cell-shaded Link. I personally think they should use that link, so he and the mature Link will appear more different. Probably the easiest way to give him a moveset different than the older Link.

Differences:
  • Has Grapple (That claw on a rope. Not the chain shot and hook shot.)
  • Spinning attack lasts much longer.
  • Can control wind. (Must make use of that Wind Waker)
  • Can shrink? (Minish cap?)
  • Perhapse some abilities used in the new Phantom Hourglass game.

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
I cant wait to this game comes out!
I want to try Pit but just wondering...
Do you guys think C.Falcon and Fox will be in SSBB?O.o

Apøc`

Smash Apprentice
Yes, I think so, original characters shouldn't be out for the new SSBB and I don't think they will touch them. That's why Kirby and Pikachu are still in the game, Pikachu is no more popular Pokémon, Kirby is a classic character, but he is still in the game, even though he sucked in Melee. IMO, I don't think they will change CF he should have the same moves and speed, his style shouldn't change at all. Fox should look like the one in Starfox Assault, even if I think it looks like a pheg. -_-

Greaseman

Smash Rookie
i hope the balance the game just a little bit better this time around, but i would still love to see medinight kick ***

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I think Zero Suit Samus might be a Samus clone, even though most people seem to think she'll have completely different moves. Like someone said, the beam of light the comes out of her gun looks like it could be a whip like weapon instead of a sword. So she could use the gun for her projectiles & the whip comes out during her grapple just like Samus' entender.

Apøc`
Pikachu is no more popular Pokémon
What?

Apøc`
Kirby is a classic character, but he is still in the game
Why would you think his being a classic character would effect his chances of being in the game?

Apøc`
Fox should look like the one in Starfox Assault, even if I think it looks like a pheg. -_-
What's a pheg?

Yota
You mean his PJs? Yeah, that would be a great costume idea if they were to use the cell-shaded Link. I personally think they should use that link, so he and the mature Link will appear more different. Probably the easiest way to give him a moveset different than the older Link.

Differences:
Has Grapple (That claw on a rope. Not the chain shot and hook shot.)
Spinning attack lasts much longer.
Can control wind. (Must make use of that Wind Waker)
Can shrink? (Minish cap?)
Perhapse some abilities used in the new Phantom Hourglass game.
Young Link is supposed to be the original Link from the first Zelda game on NES.

G-Ron

Smash Apprentice
Falco&Victory said:
Haha with the gullible thing,no one will fall for it.Also,I am tired of everyone saying no more clones."Clones" look different,jump differently,recover differently,and have different movement.Also,can someone post back about the Game&Watch avatar?

haha yea im sure someone will try it, they just will never admit it :) As far as clones go, i couldn't agree with you more, my main is Doc!! They weigh, play, have different styles.

nategt4

Smash Cadet
should damage be counted in HP or stay with percentages or what, should there be special one hit kills for advanced players? what should snakes taunt be? (i can think of one but it would be M(mature rated which by the way most if not all MGS games are M)

Apøc`

Smash Apprentice
freeman123 said:
I think Zero Suit Samus might be a Samus clone, even though most people seem to think she'll have completely different moves. Like someone said, the beam of light the comes out of her gun looks like it could be a whip like weapon instead of a sword. So she could use the gun for her projectiles & the whip comes out during her grapple just like Samus' entender.

What?

Why would you think his being a classic character would effect his chances of being in the game?

What's a pheg?

Young Link is supposed to be the original Link from the first Zelda game on NES.
- Pikachu is not as popular like he was in 1999 or 2000 or whatever, IMO.
- Don't tell me that Kirby's still in this game because of his skills? Yes, he was skillfull back in SSB, but he sucked real bad in SSBM. Hope they did a better job with him, poor little Kirby.
- Pheg = ***.

Duke

it's just duke. nothing to get worried about.
nategt4 said:
should damage be counted in HP or stay with percentages or what, should there be special one hit kills for advanced players? what should snakes taunt be? (i can think of one but it would be M(mature rated which by the way most if not all MGS games are M)
How about this:

"It's show time"

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
nategt4 said:
should damage be counted in HP
No. This isn't Soul Calibur, or Mortal Kombat, or Street Fighter, or Virtua Fighter, or Tekken. Percentages are a large part of what makes Smash unique compared to all other fighting games.

should there be special one hit kills for advanced players?
No. That's just plain silly.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Antioch
no, he's not.
you lose.

Link's younger incarnation is often considered to be the true Link: he was a young boy in the very first Legend of Zelda game, and he has appeared as a youth in most of the subsequent games. Since his debut on the original NES in 1987, Link's appearance has changed over and over again, each time adding to the mystique of his incomparable story.

The Legend of Zelda
7/87
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Link_(Legend_of_Zelda)#Super_Smash_Bros._and_Super_Smash_Bros._Melee
According to Young Link’s trophy description, he is considered to be the “true” Link. It is known that Mr. Miyamoto originally thought of Link as an adolescent child adventurer, rather than a young man portrayed in OoT and TP.
yes, he is.
I win.

Apøc`
- Pikachu is not as popular like he was in 1999 or 2000 or whatever, IMO.
Well, you'll have to forgive me for not getting that out of "Pikachu is no more popular Pokémon".

Apøc`
- Don't tell me that Kirby's still in this game because of his skills? Yes, he was skillfull back in SSB, but he sucked real bad in SSBM. Hope they did a better job with him, poor little Kirby.
You said "Kirby is a classic character, BUT he is still in the game", as if the fact that he's a classic character decreased his chances or something.

chubble

Smash Cadet
well i hope the classics are in it cuz i like some old school in newer games... Snake will be cool...so will all the other new charcters....i just home this game doesnt get overratted by all this hype which i dont think it will....i just cant wait its gonna be soooooo awsome

Bread-Butterer

Smash Ace
dunno if anyone already noticed or said this, but in the trailer you see Link do a different arial. it's like a double forward slash in the air o_O. It's kinda hard to make out, it's right after you see his special (Kirby upsmashes him out of it).

I'm too excited for this game.. for now I'll settle for more info!!

Antioch

Smash Journeyman
freeman123 said:
yes, he is.
I win.

Well, you'll have to forgive me for not getting that out of "Pikachu is no more popular Pokémon".

You said "Kirby is a classic character, BUT he is still in the game", as if the fact that he's a classic character decreased his chances or something.
how can young link, from the original legend of zelda, use the kokiri sword and deku shield?

makes absolutely no sense.

and it seems like the designers themselves don't even know which age he is from.
he is CONSIDERED to be from the original?
doesn't make sense to me.

§Maverick§

Smash Journeyman
For god's sake. Averybody knows that Young Link in melee is the one from Majoras Mask. If not, then why is the world of majoras mask in there (the one with the moon and the turtle), yeah the trophy says that he is the young link of the NES game but i think it does not refers to the young link in melee because he uses the kokiri sword, deku shield and he is blonde, while in the fist zelda he has brown hair. If you dont believe me, then go and play it.

Mr. Phantasmo

Smash Journeyman
About the whole Samus and ZS Samus, befor she unleashes her beam attack she is in her original suit, yet at the end of the trailer it mentions Retro studios, the bunch who did Metroid prime, could it be possible that they used the whole samus loses her original suit thing to introduce a new character and so they can use the Metroid Prime incarnation of Samus ?. Just a thought.

Also I want the Light suit as a costume he he he.

S2

Smash Lord
The Links in both the original SSB and SSBM have been combinations of several Links since there is no 1 Link. The trophy just refers to the fact that the original game featured a young Link and not an adult incarnation. Looks like they purposely are making it look like TP Link in the new game though - hopefully they'll have the old skin too... that'd be cool.

As for Samus, if they have suited Samus (which I'm sure they will), it would be highly likely that her model will resemble the MP Samus, since she is the newest style in which she is shown.

nategt4

Smash Cadet
i forgot is it possible to get to 999% damage ? i never tried to get that high but i know that in a normal match usually around 300% is the area where you almost cant avoid losing a life. and if they add a double sided light saber in the game that would be cool

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
Falco101 said:
this link discussion is absolutely ********

Well except for the part when Bread Butterer mentioned that he has a new Aerial. I checked and he does. Interesting. I kind of liked lag on his old F-air it made you feel good when you connected with it. But this new one seems fast in execution. Might bump Link's game up a notch.

falco green

Smash Rookie
man this game is just amazing i cannot for the game to come out just looking at the trailer over and over but we must reamain colm because we that game comes out we will be in heaven.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Mr. Phantasmo said:
About the whole Samus and ZS Samus, befor she unleashes her beam attack she is in her original suit, yet at the end of the trailer it mentions Retro studios, the bunch who did Metroid prime, could it be possible that they used the whole samus loses her original suit thing to introduce a new character and so they can use the Metroid Prime incarnation of Samus ?. Just a thought.

Also I want the Light suit as a costume he he he.
Everybody needs to shut up about this.The developers were just showing who Zamus was,not eliminating her.The costume falling off was just an explanation.

Luigimaster128

Smash Cadet
Resting_Fox said:
I don't see Snake anywhere in that picture.

But the other three are definitely in.
And Pit looks so cool. Romanesque FTW.

Also Looks like our Wario Fans got their wishes.

But what' up with this whole internet leak as their grand revelation?
snake didn't come out till after that, wouldn't make sense if he did.

yo

Smash Apprentice
I never saw snake coming, with nintendo and specially with smash bros. you have to expect the unexpected.

In the other topic I said, they should add super moves and third party charcters... and all of you said ohh you big noob that's never going to happen.

It's always nice to get to say I TOLD YOU SO! HA HA

Alpo

Smash Apprentice
Falco&Victory said:
Everybody needs to shut up about this.The developers were just showing who Zamus was,not eliminating her.The costume falling off was just an explanation.
That's exactly what the poster you quoted said... just with more words.

Reading comprehension FTW.

Top Bottom