• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unbelievable! Also: How Should Samus Transform Into Zamus?

How Should Samus Transform Into Zamus?

• It should be whenever you want (like Zelda / Sheik)

Votes: 413 24.3%
  • It should be only after Samus' "Super Smash" (like in the movie - this would mean items must be on)

Votes: 74 4.4%
  • It should be only after something happens to Samus (like taking a certain amount of damage)

Votes: 163 9.6%
  • Zamus should be a seperate character all-together

Votes: 869 51.1%
  • I don't really care, I'm happy with whatever

Votes: 182 10.7%

• Total voters

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
commonyoshi said:
Dragon Ball character? You deserve death for that remark. And has anyone thought that the whole Snake thing might be a joke? His entrance looked kind of like a last second add on to me. Not to mention that he is the only new character revealed that isn't a Nintendo character.
Uhhh,are you ********?That video was made by Nintendo.It had live feed of a new smash,so there is no doubt it was.Also,have you read the interview?Somebody had to beg to get snake in there.AND STOP WITH THE STUPID BOX IDEAS,THE ARTICLE EVEN SAYS IT'S HIS SHEILD!!!!Everybody,you guys are looking at the video like it may be a lie,and it is not.:uzi::lol::rocket:

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I dont care if it was made by Nintendo. They are capable of lying just like the rest of us. By live feed, I assume you mean actual battle scenes from the game. Well than how come Snake wasn't in any of those scenes?

Antioch

Smash Journeyman
commonyoshi said:
My whole point was that developers can lie too. You fail... at grammer. Capitalize the first word of your sentences will you?

obviously i am capable of capatilizing the words necessary in order to form a grammatically correct sentence, you idiot.
but to the likes of someone like you, i do not need to debate such a petty topic.

oh, and good job mispelling "grammar".
phail.

edit: i also doubt they would endorse such a large amount of money only to play a "joke" on nintendo fans.
not likely at all.

SuperMajinLink 287

Smash Lord
commonyoshi said:
I dont care if it was made by Nintendo. They are capable of lying just like the rest of us. By live feed, I assume you mean actual battle scenes from the game. Well than how come Snake wasn't in any of those scenes?
You need to accept that Snake is going to be in this game, he is a NEWCOMER, just like all the new characters coming in. It even shows licencing rights, proof enough that he WILL be in the new smash game. Also, you are talking about Capcom lying about the whole T-Virus thing, this is Nintendo we are talking about, not Capcom.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
No, I'm pretty sure I spelled grammer correctly. It's "er"... If your going to be so petty with this, I'll just drop it. All I said was that the Snake thing could be a joke. I'm not against Snake going into the new game. I just looked at the trailer and thought something was fishy so I told you guys so you wouldn't get your hopes up for nothing.
Edit: Majinlink, I wont mock you because you made fun of those backstabbers:)

Kelp Plankton

Smash Apprentice
A high-res image of Snake is included in the promotional images that Nintendo gave out. And he's one of the characters on the official site(not up yet, but you can see his shadow in one of the small boxes).

He's in the game. It's not a joke. I know, it was hard for me to believe, too.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
commonyoshi
And has anyone thought that the whole Snake thing might be a joke?
No, because we're not idiots.

commonyoshi
Ever hear about a game called Resident Evil 4? The makers SWORE that the game had absolutely nothing to do with the T-virus. That the people were under a spell or something. Just look at the ending and you will know that they were lying....Take that sucka!
That has nothing to do with anything. The situation you're talking about had to do with the developers not wanting to spoil the ending of RE4.

commonyoshi
I dont care if it was made by Nintendo. They are capable of lying just like the rest of us.
If they said Snake was going to be in it & even used Snake in their official trailer without having permission from Konami they would be sued. You're a moron.

commonyoshi
No, I'm pretty sure I spelled grammer correctly.
Well, you're wrong.

commonyoshi
All I said was that the Snake thing could be a joke.
No it can't be, it's 100% not a joke.

I think Snake being in the game is going to be awesome. A bunch of people I know that didn't really like Melee that much want Brawl just because they heard Snake was in it.

Lishy

Smash Journeyman
freeman123 said:
I think Snake being in the game is going to be awesome. A bunch of people I know that didn't really like Melee that much want Brawl just because they heard Snake was in it.
Agreed,heres a example of somone who hates.....lets say pikachu/pokemon

person:Oh yeah finally I can get snake to go on his own mission.....a mission of patience,virtue.......and killing my worst nightmare NINTENDO CHARACTORS *thunder* DUN DUN DUNNNNNNN

kewl eh?Btw thats not what I think its just a example

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
freeman123 said:
If they said Snake was going to be in it & even used Snake in their official trailer without having permission from Konami they would be sued. You're a moron.
I wasn't going to post any more about this, but this fruity duty provoked me into it. It would be easy to get permission. And the RE4 thing. It wasn't about ruining the ending. It was about creating an awesome ending that could only be created from the real world.
"You're a moron."
Edit: None of your "arguments" (and I use that term loosely) were very good at all. All you did was call me names. Good job. By the way, the last part with the "good job" was sarcasm. I wasn't sure you were smart enough to know that so I'm saying it right now. I dont want you to feel like you won.

Fox_Rocks

Smash Journeyman
nategt4 said:
it would be cool to put in dragonball z characters in, but then again DBZ characters might be too strong.
HOLY FRICKIN' CRAP NO! The day DBZ enters Super Smash Bros. will be the day of the apocalypse.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
commonyoshi, freeman's arguments were perfect, and you don't know anything. Stop attempting to bat away these ironclads proofs before you embarass yourself further.

Snake is in the game. There's not even a little bit of a chance that it's a joke.

Give it up.

And I mean that, or I'll start warning. This discussion is over. No one else is talking about it.

sheepyman

BRoomer
BRoomer
EDIT: I was typing this during the time that McFox posted...You got away this time, commonyoshi...just you wait!

EDIT2: It has just now occurred to me that if ZSSamus is higher on the teir list than regular Samus, some akwardness will ensue. I mean, she wears the Power Suit to make her stronger and so that she has more defense...but if ZSSamus is better...well, you see where this is going.

Kao

Smash Cadet
Snake is in it because Kojima and Myamoto are friends you idiots. And Kojima begged. Thats why. The chance of more 3rd party characters is VERY low.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Theres a tier list already? Thats fast....

Anyway, im surprised noone has mentioned this but i've heard that the music was by nobuo... So since thats the case, and smash is obviously taking third party characters, whats stoping them from oh i dunno, Cloud or Sephi?? That would be crazy. I think they could also stick Tifa in, maybe as another C.fal clone.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Seibrik said:
Anyway, im surprised noone has mentioned this but i've heard that the music was by nobuo... So since thats the case, and smash is obviously taking third party characters, whats stoping them from oh i dunno, Cloud or Sephi?? That would be crazy. I think they could also stick Tifa in, maybe as another C.fal clone.
About a hundred people have mentioned that.

And Kao, when I said "no one else post about it," I was talking to members of this forum, and I meant it. Congrats on being the first person I have to warn in this room though. :)

Kao

Smash Cadet
Did you read my post? Also Nobuo is a good conductor in Japan so thats why they picked him.

gigayoshi

Smash Journeyman
I have almost no idea who snake is. All I know is that he has guns and is a clone of some guy. It would be nice if I had a little info about him since I will be playing him. :idea: HOLY COW! I got a new idea why someone would want snake in the game, it works the other way around! Since I was getting a little bit more intrested in him I want to know more about him and likely some people would get a snake game just because of seeing snake in brawl! :idea: HOLY COW! I remembered something! They're doing this for the same reason as why they put for example, star wars prizes in bran flakes or something. It has the same effect snake had in br- Oh! I just remembered, it's called cross marketing! :)

Kao

Smash Cadet
Snake is Solid Snake from the Metal Gear Solid games. They are made by Kojima Productions which is a konami owned company.

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
sheepyman said:
EDIT2: It has just now occurred to me that if ZSSamus is higher on the teir list than regular Samus, some akwardness will ensue. I mean, she wears the Power Suit to make her stronger and so that she has more defense...but if ZSSamus is better...well, you see where this is going.
Nah won't be that bad, do you know how many akward crap Melee has?

Peach being saved from Bowser by Mario, when she ***** em both...

Link saving the world, from Ganon while Sheik ***** em both... (if she's that strong why do they need link in the first place)...
MEWTWO, The Ultimate Pokemon, getting ***** by a Pikachi, Jiggly Puff, Fat Italian plummer with a Huge head, etc..

Who cares about the tier list ZSSamus 4 teh win..

Kao

Smash Cadet
Nihonjin said:
Nah won't be that bad, do you know how many akward crap Melee has?

Peach being saved from Bowser by Mario, when she ***** em both...

Link saving the world, from Ganon while Sheik ***** em both... (if she's that strong why do they need link in the first place)...
MEWTWO, The Ultimate Pokemon, getting ***** by a Pikachi, Jiggly Puff, Fat Italian plummer with a Huge head, etc..

Who cares about the tier list ZSSamus 4 teh win..
I'm sory to ask but whats with you and ****? This has nothing to do with the topic.

MarkII

Smash Cadet
Yes. Snake is from Metal Gear Solid games just as Kao has explained. To tell you the truth he is my favorite character so far for Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Oh and gigayoshi, Snake has a lot of fire power on him. So don't underestimate Snake.

Apøc`

Smash Apprentice
Snake is so cool, plus he will have a cinematic adaptation, it as been confirmed. Yosh, Snake, you will rock in SSBB and your movie will rock, I hope, because I don't really enjoy games+movies. But MGS will be great, because the game is a movie of 20 hours. :)

Duke

it's just duke. nothing to get worried about.
Like I said before on like page 2 but nobody responded to...

Duke said:
I kinda figured out that Samus Unmasked will be playable through the means in which Sheik was playable in SSBM. If you notice once samus fires the big shot that she turns into samus unmasked and then you don't see the regular samus for the rest of the trailer. I dont' know if I am the only one that saw that but I think it is pretty safe to say that Samus Unmasked is maybe a sheik clone.

0H E/\/\ EFF G33 ITIS NSAKE :O!!!!!!1111

Apøc`

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, I can't agrre with you, well it can works but I mean, there would be something else then just a simple Down B(or whatever input it could be). Samus Down B = Bombs, Foward B = Homming Missiles. It will be complicated to add those two characters in a single character like Zelda/Sheik. Zelda didn't have any special moves at the beginning so they could have added anything plus Zelda was not in the first SSB. IMO, I think it will be better to simply have Samus and ZS Samus at the selection screen.

Duke

Well of course it would be easier to have them seperate on the main menu screen but why then does Samus in a suit disappear when Z samus appears?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Duke said:
Like I said before on like page 2 but nobody responded to...

Originally Posted by Duke
I kinda figured out that Samus Unmasked will be playable through the means in which Sheik was playable in SSBM. If you notice once samus fires the big shot that she turns into samus unmasked and then you don't see the regular samus for the rest of the trailer. I dont' know if I am the only one that saw that but I think it is pretty safe to say that Samus Unmasked is maybe a sheik clone.

0H E/\/\ EFF G33 ITIS NSAKE :O!!!!!!1111
I saw that, and thought it was pretty dumb.

Give me any indication that Zamus will be a Sheik clone.

Oh right, you can't, because there is none. Zamus' primary weapon is OBVIOUSLY her laser whip, while Sheik's weapons are her hands.

Completely different setups, really, which is the opposite of a clone.

Duke

Ok ok ok, I'm sorry for the miscommunication. What I ment to say is that I found it odd that Samus was no longer in the trailer when Zamus was there so it is easy to assume that they can only be on the screen at one time (like zelda and sheik). I didn't mean that she would be a sheik clone persay more like just being able to change into Zamus like zelda does to sheik. Or by some other means.

I guess that didn't really make sense so in short: Blah blah blah I love men...

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
You mean that she will also have a transformation move, as opposed to the two being separate characters.

I don't think so. Zamus seemed to be introduced as an entirely separate character. But it's possible the two might just transform into each other I suppose.

Duke

LOLOLOLOL▒LOL▒LO▒▒▒LOLO▒LOLOLO▒LOL▒OLOLO▒LOLO▒▒LOLOLO▒LOL▒OLOL

You explained that in one line while it took me 21308 posts.

BTW: ALT CODES FTW!

Apøc`

Smash Apprentice
That is because Samus cannot be split in two, she is one person, it would have been very very weird to see Samus and Zero Suit Samus fighting against each other or just being on the same screen at the same time. She is the women behing the costume, so she couldn't fight herself. But if we look at the trailer once again, we can see that Samus became ZS Samus just after the "Brawl" item( it as to be samus' special :) ).

Duke

Apøc` said:
That is because Samus cannot be split in two, she is one person, it would have been very very weird to see Samus and Zero Suit Samus fighting against each other or just being on the same screen at the same time. She is the women behing the costume, so she couldn't fight herself. But if we look at the trailer once again, we can see that Samus became ZS Samus just after the "Brawl" item( it as to be samus' special :) ).
Hence what I have been saying the whole time LOLOLOL▒LOL▒LOLLOL▒LLOL▒LOL▒

Office_Shredder

Smash Ace
Apøc` said:
As I've said before in a different thread, that's probably just a dramatic way of making it clear that she really is zero suit samus, so people aren't like "wtf? How is she zero suit samus?".

Also, what's weirder: seeing samus fight zero suit samus, or seeing two samuses fight each other?

Of course characters can fight themselves, it's already an option

Apøc`

Smash Apprentice
Duke said:
Hence what I have been saying the whole time LOLOLOL▒LOL▒LOLLOL▒LLOL▒LOL▒
But I think it was simply to introduce her and that was the coolest way. That will be very weird though if you'll have to get the Brawl item to use her, what we will do if we don't play with items, zomgg!! :laugh:

Also, what's weirder: seeing samus fight zero suit samus, or seeing two samuses fight each other?

Of course characters can fight themselves, it's already an option
o rly? Can you really imagine Samus fighting Samus on the trailer?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
What's the difference between Samus vs. Zamus and Zelda vs. Sheik? There is no difference.

Apøc` said:
But if we look at the trailer once again, we can see that Samus became ZS Samus just after the "Brawl" item( it as to be samus' special ).
While that is true, I don't think you're trying to suggest that you can only be Zamus after using the Brawl coin do you? That's just plain silly.

Duke

1) I think we are smart enough to know that Zamus and Samus are different they don't need to do that for "dramatic" affect.
2) Yes two samus can fight but they have to be different colours that is different than having samus and samus without a suit fighting.
3) Can someone please tell me what in the world this thing is (▒).

*SHOUT OUT TO AOB....*

Apøc`

Smash Apprentice
McFox said:
What's the difference between Samus vs. Zamus and Zelda vs. Sheik? There is no difference.
In the game? There is no difference, in the video is rather impossible, that's all.

Top Bottom