• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unbelievable! Also: How Should Samus Transform Into Zamus?

How Should Samus Transform Into Zamus?

• It should be whenever you want (like Zelda / Sheik)

Votes: 413 24.3%
  • It should be only after Samus' "Super Smash" (like in the movie - this would mean items must be on)

Votes: 74 4.4%
  • It should be only after something happens to Samus (like taking a certain amount of damage)

Votes: 163 9.6%
  • Zamus should be a seperate character all-together

Votes: 869 51.1%
  • I don't really care, I'm happy with whatever

Votes: 182 10.7%

• Total voters

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
Honestly I really don't get the Snake thing myself. Maybe Masahiro didn't want to turn Kojima down? Or perhaps it's opening up the game to 3rd parties. Puts quite a damper on the whole Nintendo All Stars thing. And yeah Twin Snakes was the only MGS game to appear on the Gamecube. Though there was Metal Gear 1 and 2 for the NES, but then again was there another choice back then? :p

blerb

Smash Journeyman
i dont know, i think that snake being in the game will get alot more fans of the wii. because almost all of the 487 kids in my school are upsessed with solid snake.(like 5 people don't like him) so you never know, it might make a huge impact on microsoft and sony.well not really sony ;)

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
From that standpoint it IS a genius move. I mean I think back to SSB64 when a lot of people's reason for getting the game was to clobber Pikachu. So yeah Snake might draw more attention to the game. :D

MarkII

Smash Cadet
Lol...Yeah THK I too, bought the game to beat up Pikachu...lol But, I do think that Snake is awesome and he needs to stay on the new Super Smash Bros. Brawl. As you can see he is an excellent choic for a character. He is my new "Main Character" now. ;)

Antioch

Smash Journeyman
or maybe it was because kojima and shigeru are friends, and kojima had begged him since ssbm to put snake in the game.
and it was either the game was being rushed, or he was then declined.
which then lead to konami's "dreammix tv" game that resembled smash, and featured snake.

assuming shigeru didn't want more competition, and the fact that kojima and himself were friends, he obliged kojima and THAT IS WHY SNAKE IS IN BRAWL.

MarkII

Smash Cadet
I think the real reason out of those 3 reasons Antioch gave us was "assuming shigeru didn't want more competition, and the fact that kojima and himself were friends, he obliged kojima and THAT IS WHY SNAKE IS IN BRAWL." I think that is the real reason why they added Snake, my new main character, to Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
Could be a number of things, but I'm pretty sure this opens a 3rd party window for sure. I wonder if it's possible to see characters that were "close" to Nintendo, like Geno from Super Mario RPG

MarkII

Smash Cadet
Hey, you might have something there THK. Nice thinking. Of course with 3rd Party character choices popping up who knows what kind of levels will be on Super Smash Bros. Brawl. When I say levels I mean 3rd Party game levels. You know what I'm sayin', sayin'?

Antioch

Smash Journeyman
well, square themselves have never been able to use geno in any of their games outside of the ones on nintendo platforms.

and you'll never see a nintendo game featuring geno on a playstation platform.
that kind of indicates that geno DOES have a lot better chance of being in smash then say... any other square character? yeah...

blerb

Smash Journeyman
yeah, the reason that snake is in it is because his maker ( i don't know his name) ask them to put him in it in this and ssbm, and finally got in.

Ice X

Smash Journeyman
Hey McFox are any of you, can you tell me how to get that SICKK animation of link slashin through mario icon? I can't find it and is it possible i can put it as my aim icon? Thanks.

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
Well true, Geno seems to belong to Nintendo more now since that little cameo in Superstar Saga. So there's hope, yay.

TheFireFox

Smash Rookie
the trailer was really cool. awesome how they shed their gc skin and turend into wii!! plus ZERO SUIT SAMOUS OMG she = new marth lol

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Can anyone remove the QJ watermark off of that one site with all the Hi-Res SSBB pictures, then upload them?

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Kokichi said:
Can anyone remove the QJ watermark off of that one site with all the Hi-Res SSBB pictures, then upload them?
I'm the one who put everything up for SSBB at QJ, I uploaded the entire press kit into a zip file and posted it in a previous post with no watermarks. It should be on this or the page before it. McFox didn't edit it into the front page for some reason.

EDIT: Found the post.
http://ultrashare.net/hosting/fl/341faa3822/

Archangel XIII

Smash Rookie
I've heard that Snake will have a box move, similar to the BOX A he used in the MGS series'. To be honest, I cannot see how Nintendo can use this box (maybe a shield??), because it's no attack. Is this a false claim, or is there some truth to Snake's box

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
roy2 said:
What events coming up soon that nintendo would possibly release more info?
They said they'd release price and launch date this summer. I tmight be an event, it might not. If they are holding Space World this year, it'll be at the end of August. However, they haven't had a Space World since 2000.

nategt4

Smash Cadet
it would be cool to put in dragonball z characters in, but then again DBZ characters might be too strong.

Antioch

Smash Journeyman
nategt4 said:
it would be cool to put in dragonball z characters in, but then again DBZ characters might be too strong.
no, it'd just be really... really gay.

Zeraga said:
oh, that's sounds like a good time for nintendo release more info.
just about when brawl comes out, or maybe even after?
cool stuff.

ever heard of the tokyo game show? >__<;

Lishy

Smash Journeyman
TheFireFox said:
the trailer was really cool. awesome how they shed their gc skin and turend into wii!! plus ZERO SUIT SAMOUS OMG she = new marth lol
LOL nahh sorry she's taken from pit,watch link's quest for *** 2 he has sex with her :cry:

Eh im not a metroid person so I wouldent use her but I would use sonic meta knigth and pit!

blerb

Smash Journeyman
i would use meta knight. the only part of the trailer i watch is the meta knight part ( he pwns big balls at that part.) and the snake out of the box part :D

Apøc`

Smash Apprentice
Metaknight, Pit, ZS Samus, Wario, Link, Pikachu.... I don't care I will use them all, but Pit should the first character I would pick, because I am sure he will not be a secret character. :)

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Dragon Ball character? You deserve death for that remark. And has anyone thought that the whole Snake thing might be a joke? His entrance looked kind of like a last second add on to me. Not to mention that he is the only new character revealed that isn't a Nintendo character.

Antioch

Smash Journeyman
commonyoshi said:
Dragon Ball character? You deserve death for that remark. And has anyone thought that the whole Snake thing might be a joke? His entrance looked kind of like a last second add on to me. Not to mention that he is the only new character revealed that isn't a Nintendo character.
no, because you're an idiot and they already added konami as a license.
have you WATCHED the trailer?

are you illiterate, possibly?
maybe you should read some websites.
like... dojo?
or interviews from sakurai or kojima hideo.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I do believe Snake is definately in it, and if the Box is his entrance...that could mean that the original character entrances are back. That in itself is worth rejoicing over!

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Antioch said:
no, because you're an idiot and they already added konami as a license.
have you WATCHED the trailer?

are you illiterate, possibly?
maybe you should read some websites.
like... dojo?
or interviews from sakurai or kojima hideo.
*SPOILER*

Ever hear about a game called Resident Evil 4? The makers SWORE that the game had absolutely nothing to do with the T-virus. That the people were under a spell or something. Just look at the ending and you will know that they were lying....Take that sucka!

Antioch

Smash Journeyman
actually, they never had the t-virus.

and re4 has nothing to do with konami and nintendo's licensing.
you fail... quite miserably.

Top Bottom