• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Umm... A way to approach a Metaknight? (And many others?)

Sky`

Smash Lord
I'll try to make a video if it's worth it.

So, yesterday I played Connor in a tournament match, and he used Metaknight and whatnot. He approached me by Shffing some Bairs my direction, and when I would get close, no matter what move I did, he'd land one.

But then I tried staying primarily to the ground, and something really cool happened. XD

Dunno what this is called or whatever, but When you back air, As soon as the power hit lands, I guess you can drop it, buffer a new one, and just start again.

I ended up hitting him with 2 Back airs in a row, a whopping 30 Percent!

And then I got to thinking like... how far could you go with this? To me, if you do it right when you try it, it looks like peach is just spazzing out, and just doing Bair after Bair, seemingly sweeping the screen. I like it against Metaknight, because if you hit the sword, and the sword Stops mid attack, and cancels your Bair, you can buffer a new one, and instantly punish it. =3

I tried this on Jmex's DK, and Areo's DDD in Tourney's and MMs.

They worked. I'm not saying that I killed them, but they did prove to be quite useful.

Also.

Glide tossing doubleslap seems to be another very good approach to a metaknight who keeps using his Bair, or whatever. Or glide toss Slap grab. Those are my favorite.

P.S.
I placed 5th in that tourney. Highest place yet. XD

Sky`

Smash Lord
RICK LIVES IN ENGLAND?!?!?!?
Record your voice and send it to me saying
"right o!"
=DDDD

Kel

Smash Master
If I feel like pressuring the Metaknight I usually float just above his head while he's on the ground and float toward him. The Metaknight will shield expecting an attack so you can delay your attack to diminish his shield and then shield spike him with your Dair. From there I'll cancel it into smack to grab, or smack to Dsmash....whatever is most appropriate at the time.

Spacing Fairs by floating just outside of the Mk's range is also good.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Lol I used to do tons of repeated Bairs in Melee. I do it now and then in Brawl but it's somewhat harder to do...I think my controller is dieing :( repeated auto cancelled Bairs work but they just don't work as well in Brawl since enemies don't last in hitstun mode long enough

RICK LIVES IN ENGLAND?!?!?!?
Record your voice and send it to me saying
"right o!"
=DDDD
Record yours and send it to me saying "yo dude!" >.> *takes his tea and leaves in disgust*
Did you know that us British Peach's pluck Scones instead of Turnips? It's true I tell you!

ApplesOfDoom

Smash Journeyman
I tried it and its pretty useful. The only thing is, it's pretty hard to pull off because you need the right opportunity and you need to do it extremely fast to hit consecutively.

Top Bottom