• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UMD:CP's crew presents Shell Shocked [11/17/07] (WE HAVE A SECURED VENUE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randofu

Smash Journeyman
This was fun! I wish I could have stayed longer and gotten to know some folks. I also wish I were better at tournament play, but I'd still prefer casual free for alls with all stages and at least most of the items turned on. Hope to see some of you guys again in the future.

If you're wondering who I am, I was the guy in the gray shirt who played a lot of Peach, Bowser, and Mr. Game and Watch. My boyfriend and I brought one of the setups but left around 4. We live in Graduate Hills, and we're always up for some Smashing with people in the area. I'd especially like to find more people on the campus network so that we'll be able to play Brawl over Wi-Fi and hopefully it won't totally suck.

Later, and congrats to the winners!

HAT

Smash Ace
This was fun! I wish I could have stayed longer and gotten to know some folks. I also wish I were better at tournament play, but I'd still prefer casual free for alls with all stages and at least most of the items turned on. Hope to see some of you guys again in the future.

If you're wondering who I am, I was the guy in the gray shirt who played a lot of Peach, Bowser, and Mr. Game and Watch. My boyfriend and I brought one of the setups but left around 4. We live in Graduate Hills, and we're always up for some Smashing with people in the area. I'd especially like to find more people on the campus network so that we'll be able to play Brawl over Wi-Fi and hopefully it won't totally suck.

Later, and congrats to the winners!
you know, i don't think anyone remembers you. you should come to more tournaments and get widespread recognition as the guy in the gray shirt who played a lot of peach.

for serious.

PS- this tournament was balls. pools were done while there were at most like 35, and teams could definitely have been seeded more appropriately. that and now that i'm here right now, temporarily stranded, there's this guy playing a terrible ****ing piano, playing terrible ****ing music . ****ing ridiculous.

PPS- UMBC, we don't care.

Eplox88

Smash Journeyman
Lol, Hat is a funny man.

I dont think I played at my best today in pools, oh well.

also Blues is a **** train, BLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEESSSSS

aho43

Smash Lord
i thought it was fine and i had fun. heard there was one pool that was rough. it's their first time hosting a tournament. it's better to give helpful criticism as opposed to just being like, "man this sucked balls."

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
you know, i don't think anyone remembers you. you should come to more tournaments and get widespread recognition as the guy in the gray shirt who played a lot of peach.

for serious.

PS- this tournament was balls. pools were done while there were at most like 35, and teams could definitely have been seeded more appropriately. that and now that i'm here right now, temporarily stranded, there's this guy playing a terrible ****ing piano, playing terrible ****ing music . ****ing ridiculous.

PPS- UMBC, we don't care.
holy ****, you complained about our tourney ON MY ****ING COMPUTER. WHAT IS THIS ****

Oh and for temporary results

DOubles

1:Groom Blue
2: Aho + Kirbstir
3: SheikSSBM + DewDaDASh
4: No Surprises
Honorary award of crazyness: Chu + Level 9.
Singles
1: Azen
2: Chillin
3: Aho

lol jk, we ****ed some **** up, but we'll practice running it later. I peronally felt the pools and singles were well done. Teams, we ****ed up, no johns.

at time of writing you are upstairs in voodoo's room, i have half a mind to throw more soy sauce at you.

Shinku

Smash Champion
this tournament was mad fun i highly enjoyed it very much so. i really don't even care about getting better anymore until brawl, so im just go to these tourneys and have fun and do the best i can. yes yes. i hope theres more of these umd ones in the future. there hella closer than freaking umbc.

please post full results. i wanna see where i placed, even if its low, idc, i wanna see lol.

edit
there's this guy playing a terrible ****ing piano, playing terrible ****ing music . ****ing ridiculous.

hat knows when his stuff when it comes to pianos LOL.

Rebel581

Smash Champion
Doubles results and names of people on teams is just from what I remember. Some people I can't remember.

Doubles said:
1: Groom Blue (Azen + Chillin)
2: Aho + Kirbstir
3: Shiek + dew
4: No Surprises (CK + Aero)
5: Big Ups
5: Maverick Hunters (Blues + hova?)
7: Team Lawrence (Tin + Voodoo)
7: Yo it's EE (Yo + EE)
9: Slikvik and Luckky
9: Team Team Pleasant (HAT + DOSV?)
9: **** Stand
9: ChuDat (Chu + Level 9)
13: Team Unzipped (Rebel581 + ChRed2AKrisp)
13: Team Outbreak
13: Team Res
13: Foxy Lady
Singles said:
1: Azen
2: Chillin
3: Aho
4: Kirbstir
5: Chu Dat
5: Blues
7: Boss
7: Fonz
9: DOSV
9: DewDaDash
9: CK
9: SheikSSBM
13: Aero
13: Slikvik
13: shinku
13: Voodoo
Results will be uploaded to tia as soon as I figure out HOW to.

EDIT: Figured it out.

Eplox88

Smash Journeyman
0-2 in brackets and chu and his level 9 placed higher than me and my teammate. lol i need to quit
no PhotoShop so this is the best I could get:

text says: more then a DownSmash

lol

Edit: when PS is working I'll make this better .__.

Voodoo Daddy

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I own up. I'm the most experienced member of my crew and should have been more involved with running this tourney. Sorry to everyone who got screwed. We'll do better next time. One of the things that screwed up singles seeding is we had to separate Chu, his cousins, and then on top of that we had to separate everyone who played in the same pool.

And by the way. We only did pools because technically we didn't have permission to use that room. So we had to speed things up else we'd be in like... Trouble and stuff.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Yeah, I own up. I'm the most experienced member of my crew and should have been more involved with running this tourney. Sorry to everyone who got screwed. We'll do better next time. One of the things that screwed up singles seeding is we had to separate Chu, his cousins, and then on top of that we had to separate everyone who played in the same pool.

And by the way. We only did pools because technically we didn't have permission to use that room. So we had to speed things up else we'd be in like... Trouble and stuff.
errr...pools take longer. if we had gone straight into brackets, players in pool who played three matches (who didn't get out of pools) would have only played two matches.

Repryx

Smash Champion
If there wasnt an easy pool can you guys xplain DOSV and Boss' pool?

Uhm other than that I had fun....I'm so frickin tired of losing some of the matches I lose....

Repryx

Smash Champion
Repryx - who are you?

seriously.
Ally to Good Nightmare to you....

Seriously im the 17 year old Prodigy who sucks right now but has the potential to go over 9000

Uhm I had the lil kid with me...everyone else knows who I am

Tin

Smash Journeyman
If there wasnt an easy pool can you guys xplain DOSV and Boss' pool?

Uhm other than that I had fun....I'm so frickin tired of losing some of the matches I lose....
There isn't really an "easy" pool if you really look at it. Sure, the ones you mentioned might look easy but I mean, it's DOSV and Boss, what are you trying to say?

IMO, the single pools were seeded fine. If you think you got a hard pool in this case, blame yourselves and your skills. Make it a motivation to get better.

Repryx

Smash Champion
There isn't really an "easy" pool if you really look at it. Sure, the ones you mentioned might look easy but I mean, it's DOSV and Boss, what are you trying to say?

IMO, the single pools were seeded fine. If you think you got a hard pool in this case, blame yourselves and your skills. Make it a motivation to get better.
Im not Sayin I got a Hard pool but When I say Easy Pool....DOSV and BOSS were in a pool with a guy most ppl on my level could 4 stock...so in a sense it was a one-way to brackets....It may have not been easy for the guy but for DOSV and BOSS it was easy simple cuz they wre the two most skilled(obviously) and they didnt have someone else their level to mix things up....and my lil godbrother got chillin in his pool lolz

aho43

Smash Lord
Im not Sayin I got a Hard pool but When I say Easy Pool....DOSV and BOSS were in a pool with a guy most ppl on my level could 4 stock...so in a sense it was a one-way to brackets....It may have not been easy for the guy but for DOSV and BOSS it was easy simple cuz they wre the two most skilled(obviously) and they didnt have someone else their level to mix things up....and my lil godbrother got chillin in his pool lolz
Blaming others = being a sore loser. Stop complaining. :p

This was a 32 man just for fun tourney. If you didn't make it out of pools, its really your own fault. Too much self-hype and nothing to actually show for it = you. Go practice.

Shinku

Smash Champion
i rarely make it out of pools, and making it out first seed really made my day. but yeah i agree with aho on that one, no johns just get better. and sorry repryx for not bring your calculator. call me this week and see if you can meet me wherever etc. and hey korn, how was the smash scene at anime usa? good turnout, bad turnout, 1 tv, alot of cocky newbs? really i wanna know cuz if there wasnt a umd one, i would have gone to that lol.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Let me run down how this works. we had 8 pools. 8 are 1 seeds, the 8 best we picked. 8 are 2 seeds. the problem is we have to have exactly 8 1 seeds and 8 2 seeds, the people we think are getting out of pools. However, there may be 9 2 seeds ( which is what happened). Only 8 of them actually get seeded. WHich means there will be a pool with a 1 seed and 2 2 seeds, and maybe someone else. That was the pool with Chu, Shinku, Hova, and Rebel581. Then there are pools with a 1 seed, a 2 seed, and someone else. WHich was DosV, Boss, and whoever else, and if that was you, do you think you would have made it a normal pool by being in it? You're But the reason Boss and DosV had an "easy" pool is because they're good. Most good players have an "easy pool" while most worse/bad/whatever players have a "hard pool". The more people you have the less chance you'll have of getting pools like Chu's.

Long story short, life is ****. SHut the **** up and live with it or actually get better. Life will still be ****, but you'll be more capable of dealing with it.

Repryx

Smash Champion
Let me run down how this works. we had 8 pools. 8 are 1 seeds, the 8 best we picked. 8 are 2 seeds. the problem is we have to have exactly 8 1 seeds and 8 2 seeds, the people we think are getting out of pools. However, there may be 9 2 seeds ( which is what happened). Only 8 of them actually get seeded. WHich means there will be a pool with a 1 seed and 2 2 seeds, and maybe someone else. That was the pool with Chu, Shinku, Hova, and Rebel581. Then there are pools with a 1 seed, a 2 seed, and someone else. WHich was DosV, Boss, and whoever else, and if that was you, do you think you would have made it a normal pool by being in it? You're But the reason Boss and DosV had an "easy" pool is because they're good. Most good players have an "easy pool" while most worse/bad/whatever players have a "hard pool". The more people you have the less chance you'll have of getting pools like Chu's.

Long story short, life is ****. SHut the **** up and live with it or actually get better. Life will still be ****, but you'll be more capable of dealing with it.

Go back 2 the part about Seeds and trees again....

lolz I understand but geez it 'twas a joke even if it was semi true and had I switched w/ DOSV or Boss I would have gotten out lolz :laugh: anybody would....

and whats up with Life is **** are you Emo? And I Have been getting better its just terrible when A. Every1 else gets better too or B. I didnt get better enough to beat Hova(lolz)

Voodoo-Next time Im not goin down so easily...

Blues-I hate ICs and stop being too modest its almost scary

EE-C'mon son Im no Hova

EDIT: Just saw the Last page....WTF? Im not being a sore loser! I was merely talking about DOSVs and Boss' pool It was a joke get over it geez ask DOSV I joked with him about it all day....even he joked about it... Sarcasm on the net is hard 2 do....

*Storms off to make thanksgiving food*

Oh and if anyone messes up the ham on thanksgiving you have to deal with me....Knife fight MM?

and @ Aho-I dont have too much Self Hype...if anything I underestimate myself in certain matches that I do well in.....

And if you arent gonna help me practice stop saying go practice Geez its not like I have a nice free life like everyone else and personally I think I have been doing pretty D**N good 4 11 months of ever playing this game. So seriously if oyu arent going to be part of the solution 4 a non-existent problem....dont put in your input....(Unless you are willing to pay $10)

@ Aero I missed your Falco Ill play you next time

@ Anyone Else who says Im Johning It was a Joke and as to raise a question about the pool. Im not mad, I never make it out of Pools anyway(Actually this was my easiest pool yet so I AM a lil dissapointed) Stop making it more than it is and train me if you have a problem with the Spam/Johning and I'll show the work I put into this game. (ecspecially considering I dont have the resources some of you have)

Sorry 4 the long Pst

@ Chred2AKrisp- Explain why I didnt play you? I really wanted to play you again.

@Ron-$#!+ Stop hating the technical aspect of this game.

@ Shinku- If I fail math Its your fault...meaning you will degenerate back to high school and take the class 4 me (YES)

And once again I will extend this invitation

If you dont like the "Johning" or 'Jokhning' then train me o I have no excuse

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
no i mean i didn't do a lot of a free play, as in non-tourney matches. ntil after the tourney when random **** went down. Like the falco challenge.

Rebel581

Smash Champion
WHich means there will be a pool with a 1 seed and 2 2 seeds, and maybe someone else. That was the pool with Chu, Shinku, Hova, and Rebel581.
Wait... I was in the death bracket!? Why didn't anyone tell me this? Either way, I'm making it my goal to get out of pools next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom