• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UMD:CP's crew presents Shell Shocked [11/17/07] (WE HAVE A SECURED VENUE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Shell Shocked

Where: The Elkton Residence Hall basement, University Boulevard, University of Maryland: College Park. We're going to take turns waiting at the entrance for like the first hour or two to let you guys in, but after that you'll have to call my cell (ask for it if you think you'll be late) or call someone you know is there. Or wait until someone goes in and follow them. It shouldn't be that much of a problem.

For getting into elkton:
Call

240-778-4089 (me)
240-762-2030 (Rebel581)

Parking/map
UMBC Super Smasher o_O said:
ChRed, put this in the first post:
http://www.parking.umd.edu/themap/

Elkton Residence Hall is under D, so everyone that doesn't go to UMD CP should take a look at the campus map and get familiar with it. I guarantee people will get lost even with looking at the map. :p If they can get lost on the tiny UMBC campus, then they'll get lost for 10x longer on the UMD CP campus. The main building to look for is the Clarice Smith Performing Arts building, because Denton is right across the street from that (and Elkton is in the same tower community as Denton. The important part about the directions is going into the right entrance off of University Boulevard, and not the front entrance to College Park. That makes it much easier.

If you have the stadium bleachers to your back, and look across, you'll see my dorm (Ellicot, which says gemstones on it) and if you walk to your left aways, you'll see Denton (has honors banners on it), and Elkton is right next to that.
There's parking everywhere. The map above has lots of lots in it. THere is free parking all over the place, but I'm not sure exactly where they all are.

YOu can also use the stadium parking lot if you're desperate, but i think that's like $2 an hour or something and you have to be out by 11:30 or you get charged about $75.
When-November 17th.

When
Guess I didn't do a good job of making it clear. It's in there, but here's the rundown

10:30-when you can start showing up.
11:30-registration starts
1:00 (though it will proabably be pushed back to 1:30 knowing us)-Teams starts.

Singles start whenever teams finish
half an hour break after teams for lunch
11:30-12ish we kick you out.

Fees

$10
per person in teams and singles, the rest of the crew decided on this and I didn't really care.

Also, if you guys want drinks/chips and stuff we can have like a $1/$2 venue fee, give you a soda, chips, and w/e, or we could have **** that you buy there. Or you could fend for yourselves, the diner's really close, but it's not open past 7pm.

We'd prefer it if you post to let us know whether you're coming for the purpose of pools (maybe we can get some help with this, i.e. greg/aho, since this will be our first toruney and none of us have experience seeding, though we might be able to manage with tio), and also to give an idea of the turnout, if it's large enough that may affect the entrance fee as well. It'll also help us decide about food.

We'll have at most 5 setups, probably 3 or 4, so bring ****! Plain cubes with smash, or plain TVs are good as well, we can couple them, also means we don't have to setup Wiis if you bring a cube. Try to bring TVs/full setups though. We'll be recording probably one TV, if you want more you'll have to bring your own equipment.

Attendants

1. Voodoo
2. Rebel581
3. Aero
4. Tin
5. ChRed
6. Bombsquad
7. Hat (probably will be at anime convention with Korn)
8. Shinku
9. EE
10. Lobos?
11. Repryx
12. Slikvik
13. Frozen
14. Sampocalypse
15. Blues
16. MASASHIROx
17. Boss
18. Nightmare korn kid ?
19. Redd (c'mon redd) (boo redd never comes to tournies. stop giving us hope :p)
20. UMBC super smasher
21. Wife + Husband, likely teams only. At least for wife.
22. INfernoOmni (if he gets a ride like always lol)
23. Fonz
24. G-regulate(i think that's what his post meant?)
25. ChaosKnight (" ")
26. Aho (don't bail on us now)
27. Super calo
28. Thumbswayup
29. Skins
30. Raikou
Setups
1. Voodoo(2)
2. ChRed
3. Rebel581
4. Aero?
5. UMBC super smasher
6. Aho
7.MASASHIROx

Cubes
1. Super Calo
2. SHinku

LET'S GET THIS **** GOING!

Rebel581

Smash Champion
This thread does suck. Whatever, I'll go tomorrow to try and reserve the date. Hopefully, they don't ***** about people coming from off-campus.

Repryx

Smash Champion
^^Just send Chred a Private Message! BTE Chred Post the Address cuz I dont feel like walking around campus looking 4 ppl with a gamcube controller

and by adress I mean street and building #

Rebel581

Smash Champion
^^Just send Chred a Private Message! BTE Chred Post the Address cuz I dont feel like walking around campus looking 4 ppl with a gamcube controller

and by adress I mean street and building #
I'm not sure if it has one. It's just in the Denton community. Whenever I address something, it's always my room # and then Denton Hall. It's next to University Blvd IIRC.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
yeah, if you ask anyone on campus they'll know where it is. also, on university boulevard, it's on your left coming into campus, it's got banners on the front that say HONORS and it says denton on the front of the building -_-'

Also, we're going to take turns waiting at the entrance for like the first hour or two to let you guys in, but after that you'll have to call my cell (ask for it if you think you'll be late) or call someone you know is there. Or wait until someone goes in and follow them. It shouldn't be that much of a problem.

Tin

Smash Journeyman
Actually, it's probably a huge hassle. We should each take turns waiting for smashers so we can let them in. The phone services in these buildings, especially the basement, aren't the greatest so I don't think calling is the best option. Finding Denton is gonna be a pain in the *** too, seeing how UMCP is a freaking city.

Krisp, you should include a map or something in the original thread.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Not so hard to find was it? There shouldn't be any problems, since denton is just down the road, like a minute's walk.

Repryx

Smash Champion
Actually I downsized the map myself lolz I didnt see denton tho I just knew how to get 2 the dorm based on the position of the stadium

Repryx

Smash Champion
Not More than me Punk!

No JK Chred I cant wait till this tourney...Im stoked after C3 I told plenty people about your tourney so you owe me 1 sucka

and Chred $5 MM-Falco Ditto no Yoshi Story?

Tell Voodoo My DI is getting better cuz of him lolz

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Thinking about this tourney, I haven't been anywhere in a while, it'd be nice to see some people.

Don't count on it, though.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
yeah redd, i wanna see you be here. You're always like "yeah i wish i could come" in every tourney thread. Stop giving us false hope man

Repryx hellaz yeah, let's do this ****.

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
ChRed, put this in the first post:
http://www.parking.umd.edu/themap/

Denton Residence Hall is under D, so everyone that doesn't go to UMD CP should take a look at the campus map and get familiar with it. I guarantee people will get lost even with looking at the map. :p If they can get lost on the tiny UMBC campus, then they'll get lost for 10x longer on the UMD CP campus. The main building to look for is the Clarice Smith Performing Arts building, cause Denton is right across the street from that. The important part about the directions is going into the right entrance off of University Boulevard, and not the front entrance to College Park. That makes it much easier.

Someone should also tell us where to park. Assume we don't know anything about UMD CP. I'm guessing the parking lot next to the track should work fine, and should be free. It's just a couple minute walk away from Denton.

Oh, and I'm coming with a cube/smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom