• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UMD:CP's crew presents Shell Shocked [11/17/07] (WE HAVE A SECURED VENUE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Repryx

Smash Champion
Its simple UMBC, use the Exposed Stadium bleachers as a reference. Chred's Dorm is right in across from them From there go Left of Chreds dorm to the next set of Dorms.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
added it as well as some special parking info (a very small but free and close parkig)
What repryx said is correct, if you have the stadium bleachers to your back, and look across, you'll my dorm (Ellicot, which says gemstones on it) and if you walk to your left aways, you'll see denton (has honors banners on it).

Rebel581

Smash Champion
Either way, I'm going to have to guarantee 50% of the participants are UMD or we aren't doing it in Denton Hall.

Jonathan,

I have received your room reservation request for the Denton Hall Recreation Room on 11/17/2007.

On the request form, you indicated that at least 50 % of the people attending your event would not be from the Denton community.

It is the Department of Resident Life’s policy that all room reservations must be on behalf of the residence hall students and therefore at least 50 % of the event participants must be from the Denton Community (Easton, Elkton, and Denton Halls).

Because this is not the case, I am not able to grant your reservation.
I thought this would happen. I was hoping I'd be able to at least explain my case. I'll talk to the other members of the CP crew and figure out what we're doing.

Repryx

Smash Champion
BOO WTF MAN??

Ahh I suck so it doesnt matter anyway...

Why dont you lie?

and when asked say that they went home or post flyers @ denton

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
CP dorms are notorious for lax rules. Drinking, sex, come on... it should be easy to accommodate a smash tourney. I know the RAs don't care. Is there ID checking? Do students check it? I'm sure there are many other locations on the CP campus that could hold a smash tourney...

For example, I could host a tourney at UMBC in one of maybe 6 areas. 1. Game room, 2. University Center Ballroom (could host 200 in there easily) 3. basement of Patapsco (could host 100 easily), 4. Chesapeake basement, 5. Harbor Multi-purpose room, 6. Susquehanna basement.

I didn't know my post would go directly into the first post :p lol

Good luck trying to get something off the ground.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
gah, wtf, aho used to do this, it wasn't a problem then.

well, we could TRY doing it between a couple different floors, in a lounge and two rooms, but it would be a pain. To get in the building, you need an ID. To get in the elevator/stairs, you need a card. In the elevator, you need a card to select the floor. It's annoying -_-

Well, i assume we could hold it in ellicot, on 8th floor, and 5th floor if needed. But if too many people come it's not possible. That, or we could just short of...show up in the basement. and ask people not to come in -_- We'll figure something out.

Rebel581

Smash Champion
BOO WTF MAN??

Ahh I suck so it doesnt matter anyway...

Why dont you lie?

and when asked say that they went home or post flyers @ denton
I'm thinking of that. For the first tournament, I'll say yes to the 50% are UMD students and we'll post flyers around school. If nobody checks to make sure that there are 50% UMD students, I'll just lie for the next tournaments. I would just rather not get kicked out of the dorm if they figure out I lied. I like the smash community, but not enough to get kicked out of on-campus housing.

Either way, I'll probably resubmit the form tomorrow with that on it and we'll advertise it on campus. There should be a large smash following here at UMD and we should get enough for 50%. Otherwise, you guys can tell them you're UMD students.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
they'll ****ing check IDs >.>

also an alternate solution has been suggested, but i have been told not to post about it yet, when it's confirmed i'll update it.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Solutions:

1.) Reserve the game room. Better do it now.
2.) *Best bet.* Reserve a study hall room. You know how each floor has their own "study lounge"? Just set up the tournament up there. Plenty of space and chairs.
3.) Everybody donate $20 to me and I'll do something cool.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
1) I've never seen a game room. All I've seen is the terp zone, and you can reserve sections of that for pool/bowling, but i think that's it. Where's this game room?
2) As for the lounge, I don't think we'll all fit, aho didn't think so.
3) What could we get for $5? Something dull?

boss8

Smash Hero
Boss stop begging people to team with you, Chin then Vist then Slik... dignity muthafuka, get some lol.
i remember u saying....chinesah team with me im a black man!!!!

Greg team with me im your biggest fanboy!!!!

YO can u take me to this i can ride in your trunk like a blackman!!!

sryman u given the words "black man" a bad name.....as if it wasn't already enough..:laugh:

Repryx

Smash Champion
Boss meet me @ the Metro it's goin down.

How about this (make it easy on me) Everyone who is going meet me @ wheaton @ a certain time and we catch the bus down. Depending on who comes Ill handle bus fair It'll be the Biggest smash pioneerage ever lolz

Dsmash Railroad

boss8

Smash Hero
r u talkin bout umbc or umpc????

they should have umbc vs umpc

UMBC= aho,vist,plank,UMBC,SS,Btree.chinesahh.

UMCP=voodoo,korn,boss,husband,wife,aero.

maybe one day this will happen battle of the colleges..

anyway repryx what turney r u refering to???

EpicE

Smash Journeyman
i remember u saying....chinesah team with me im a black man!!!!

Greg team with me im your biggest fanboy!!!!

YO can u take me to this i can ride in your trunk like a blackman!!!

sryman u given the words "black man" a bad name.....as if it wasn't already enough..:laugh:
and chin did team with me, twice o.o

dunno where the Greg thing came from but I'll just assume its all you could come up with and of course it failed

and clearly your ability to pick up on a joke is low

try again

/drama

boss8

Smash Hero
and chin did team with me, twice o.o

dunno where the Greg thing came from but I'll just assume its all you could come up with and of course it failed

and clearly your ability to pick up on a joke is low

try again

/drama

yo mama's so fat she fell in love.....and it broke!!!!

yo mama is a M.I.L.F a Monstrosity...Id...Love....2.......Forget

yo mama's so stupid she lost her shadow....

YO mama' nickname is turtle....ccause once she's on her back...she's FUKED!!! hahahaha

yo mama's so stupid..she jumped in the air and missed.....lol how do u miss the air WTF..

what now EE LOL!!!!

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
maybe i should rename the thread Boss v. EE, the lamest joke off competition ever. :/

and boss why call out for g-reg when he hasn't even ****ing posted here lol.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
yeah, we're just trying to decide the best place to do it, but we think we'll get denton afterall. DOn't worry about, we'll have something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom