• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
These scientists pour their life work into getting this picture, with literal petabytes of information processed to obtain it, and you "rate" the photo?

Like of course it's going to be blurry and not be ****ing interstellar quality. It's an invisible object millions upon millions of lightyears away that has never been pictured before. And unlike Bigfoot, we aimed the most state of the art telescopes right at this super far away object. The importance of this photo can't be understated. We proved once and for all that these black holes exist. It's the first step in what will be fruitful research for decades, likely centuries. Don't downplay its importance because the photo "reminds you of every Bigfoot picture."
It wasn't me, surprisingly, but the marbles have been lost. They're gone.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
heavy breathing

it's so close i can almost taste it
I really hope Joker's series logo is the Phantom Thieves logo, because that's what I put on the sleeve of my jacket, and there's no takin' that back.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Guys, if you’re gonna post a bunch embeds then at least spoiler them out of consideration for mobile users.

Seriously, it’s taking my phone forever to load a page.
I was under the impression that putting them in spoilers did nothing as the page still has to load them.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Speaking of SA1 and the Beta Windy Valley Restoration Project, why does the level design in the beta look so much...better? Like, it looks waaaay more like actual 2D Sonic level design translated into 3D than any of the final build levels in SA1 do.
Tetsu Katano and Hiroshi Nishiyama said during the 2016 Sonic Adventure Music Experience talk segment that Windy Valley was the first stage made and the last one remade. Katano also made Jam's 3D field. Beta Windy Valley also reused textures from Jam, like this blue tile texture seen in Tails’s screen:

I (me and several other members/modders from Retro helped with the mod) ripped the textures from Sonic Jam and made the necessary comparisons between that tile and the screen by applying it to the same area on the levels model and showed them off to It’sEasyActually and supercoolsonic, they agreed that it’s the same texture and used it in the mod:
The texture:

My earliest comparison:

Screen from development on the project:

The light and dark blue pattern tile texture is in the final (Chao Race, reuses several textures from Beta Windy Valley as pointed out by supercoolsonic) which is an edited version of two textures from Jam. You really could tell that Katano worked on this level.
(The Sonic Adventure Music Experience also had never before seen concept art and proto screens shown to attendees/press. I’ll show them off if anyone’s interested.)

For Sonic Adventure’s 20th anniversary a couple months ago in December, Retro Gamer interviewed two of the developers who worked on the game: None other than director Takashi Iizuka and developer Kazuyuki Hoshino:

They show off the Beta Windy Valley Restoration mod! (With all objects from the AutoDemo intact and ported over for those who didn’t know... except for T_Spring which had code but lacked a model; it’s the yellow spring)

Takashi Iizuka explained on Retro Gamer (you’ll have to pay for it to read it; I’ll recap it)

“At the time I was the director on this title so there was never a plan for me to do level design, but our schedule was running tight and we had no one available that could clean up the partially completed Windy Valley, so I stepped in and remade it from scratch,” he replies when asked about the stage.
As for this:

Like, it looks waaaay more like actual 2D Sonic level design translated into 3D than any of the final build levels in SA1 do.
That’s how the game was developed at first.

Here is Practice; the game’s test stages.

Act 3 isn’t worth showing in this instance since it only tests scripted paths and ironically enough is the only test stage that functions in the AutoDemo.

Take a look at the geometry of Practice Act 2:

Its structure is characteristic of the momentum based design of the Classics; slopes, half pipes, pinball rails as well as wall run tests.

Act 1 has tests for loop-de-loops (non scripted) and ramps (and miscellaneous stuff like stair cases and stuff)

I have it working in the AutoDemo due to a patch from Evilhamwizard, I added the lightning due to lack of lighting files:

Act 2 crashes upon loading geometry:

No one’s sure why this one crashes. The AutoDemo is finicky.

Beta Windy Valley incorporates sloped design in its terrain as well as classic style ramps that you can Spin Dash up to gain massive air, like in the Classics:

This style of design was scrapped due to constraints and limitations.
Anyways, that spooky lad is an interesting find. I wonder if Red Mountain was originally going to be more haunted, maybe something akin to Pumpkin Hill?
There’s speculation that these green guys were meant to pop out of tombstones found in the level like the ghosts in Pumpkin Hill who do just that. It makes alot of sense for a scrapped element from the first game to find its way in a sequel.

TriStarGamer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0774-4620-2306
Switch FC
5415-2743-8314
I think that black hole and smash brothers have more in common than we thought...

black hole confirmed for top tier

72406777-1771-453B-A324-C62D91A33DC3.jpeg

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
It's good to be ambitious, but don't expect everything to always work out as you intend it to.
Anyone talking about wanting to be a mod is immediately challenging Moydow's throne.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Implying Joker's series logo won't just be "Never saw it coming" written out in comic sans.
Still think either the Phantom Thieves logo or a tarot card would make sense as his logo.
The Persona logo will just be Igor's nose.

More seriously I can see a Butterfly as the logo, since they've always been super important to Persona as a franchise.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I go beyond human capabilities as I had the courage to parry DORIYAAAAH and I goddamn did it too
btw Flyboy Flyboy what's your opinion on Rider Time: Ryuki? I like the concept and the confirmation that Raia and Gai are canonically gay is interesting as it offers a new perspective on Raia's backstory. Also Abyss is canon now I guess and you can literally see the suits fall apart so that made me cryyyyyyyyy
As wild as it is I haven't had a chance to watch like...any of Zi-O or Zi-O-related materials. Work's been crazy. One day my roommate and I will sit down and binge it all though. I have been keeping up with the cool developments though, and Raia and Gai being confirmed was super interesting to me. I'll catch the series, the web series', the movies, the usual. Pretty excited to as well. I hope the Fourze stuff was good. Is?

Roberk

Smash Champion
It's good to be ambitious, but don't expect everything to always work out as you intend it to.
Imagine if an Admin accidentally deleted a 11,000+ message account haha wouldn’t that be funny guys

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
As wild as it is I haven't had a chance to watch like...any of Zi-O or Zi-O-related materials. Work's been crazy. One day my roommate and I will sit down and binge it all though. I have been keeping up with the cool developments though, and Raia and Gai being confirmed was super interesting to me. I'll catch the series, the web series', the movies, the usual. Pretty excited to as well. I hope the Fourze stuff was good. Is?
Sadly Gentarou and Ryusei's actors were too busy with the BLEACH movie to cameo, which the .5 episode even pokes fun at. Though it had some kick ass cinematography

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Does that still apply to ignores? As far as I know they still exist, and are just hidden, not deleted.
I'm not sure. I think we should test this theory.

Who wants to get ignored?

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Sadly Gentarou and Ryusei's actors were too busy with the BLEACH movie to cameo, which the .5 episode even pokes fun at. Though it had some kick *** cinematography
Okay normally i would be upset but the Bleach movie ruled so fair play. Still hype.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I really hope Joker's series logo is the Phantom Thieves logo, because that's what I put on the sleeve of my jacket, and there's no takin' that back.
depends if it's a 'final fantasy VII' situation or a 'persona series' situation

i'm hoping the latter, even if we only get p5 music

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Nah, this isn't nearly entertaining enough to watch.

More like Idon v Moydow: Dawn of Smashboards.
Meanwhile while Moydow beats the **** out of me.
"A-Atlus..."
Moydow suddenly stops
"WHY'D YOU SAY THAT NAME. WHY'D YOU SAY THAT NAME?"

D

Deleted member

Meanwhile while Moydow beats the **** out of me.
"A-Atlus..."
Moydow suddenly stops
"WHY'D YOU SAY THAT NAME. WHY'D YOU SAY THAT NAME?"
Atlus is the thing that connects you two together.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So I started FE: Fates's DLC last night.

That **** is all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom