• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
They DID manage to get JK and Ohsugi's actors back. I'd have had Yuki and Tomoko's actresses but Yuki's actress uhhhhhh hmmmmm. Toei pretends she doesn't exist anymore due to the shady *** **** she pulled and a cult she joined
Haha holy **** she joined a cult?? That's insane. She was my fave next to Gentaro himself.

Perhaps it's bad taste to blame the witches.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Didn't know you were a masochist
You get bored of the same ol' thing as you get older. You've gotta spice things up to stay interested, y'know?

No but really I had a lot of Nintendo eShop credit and decided **** it. Got the season pass. I will play everything in this game if it kills me. Also Severa apparently plays a role somewhere with the other Awakening kids and I wanna see how that plays out.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Tetsu Katano and Hiroshi Nishiyama said during the 2016 Sonic Adventure Music Experience talk segment that Windy Valley was the first stage made and the last one remade. Katano also made Jam's 3D field. Beta Windy Valley also reused textures from Jam, like this blue tile texture seen in Tails’s screen:

I (me and several other members/modders from Retro helped with the mod) ripped the textures from Sonic Jam and made the necessary comparisons between that tile and the screen by applying it to the same area on the levels model and showed them off to It’sEasyActually and supercoolsonic, they agreed that it’s the same texture and used it in the mod:
The texture:

My earliest comparison:

Screen from development on the project:

The light and dark blue pattern tile texture is in the final (Chao Race, reuses several textures from Beta Windy Valley as pointed out by supercoolsonic) which is an edited version of two textures from Jam. You really could tell that Katano worked on this level.
(The Sonic Adventure Music Experience also had never before seen concept art and proto screens shown to attendees/press. I’ll show them off if anyone’s interested.)

For Sonic Adventure’s 20th anniversary a couple months ago in December, Retro Gamer interviewed two of the developers who worked on the game: None other than director Takashi Iizuka and developer Kazuyuki Hoshino:

They show off the Beta Windy Valley Restoration mod! (With all objects from the AutoDemo intact and ported over for those who didn’t know... except for T_Spring which had code but lacked a model; it’s the yellow spring)

Takashi Iizuka explained on Retro Gamer (you’ll have to pay for it to read it; I’ll recap it)

As for this:

That’s how the game was developed at first.

Here is Practice; the game’s test stages.

Act 3 isn’t worth showing in this instance since it only tests scripted paths and ironically enough is the only test stage that functions in the AutoDemo.

Take a look at the geometry of Practice Act 2:

Its structure is characteristic of the momentum based design of the Classics; slopes, half pipes, pinball rails as well as wall run tests.

Act 1 has tests for loop-de-loops (non scripted) and ramps (and miscellaneous stuff like stair cases and stuff)

I have it working in the AutoDemo due to a patch from Evilhamwizard, I added the lightning due to lack of lighting files:

Act 2 crashes upon loading geometry:

No one’s sure why this one crashes. The AutoDemo is finicky.

Beta Windy Valley incorporates sloped design in its terrain as well as classic style ramps that you can Spin Dash up to gain massive air, like in the Classics:

This style of design was scrapped due to constraints and limitations.

There’s speculation that these green guys were meant to pop out of tombstones found in the level like the ghosts in Pumpkin Hill who do just that. It makes alot of sense for a scrapped element from the first game to find its way in a sequel.
Fascinating! It sounds like SA1 was almost pretty different from what we got, then. Hmm, it's a shame some of their earlier ideas didn't work out; the mechanics in those test rooms look extremely promising. Seems like deadlines and limitations are what always end up being Sonic's downfall.

I also really like the texture work in Beta Windy Valley. It has a lot more charm to me when compared to what we got in the end. Oh, and since you asked in the post if any of us would be interested in seeing more screenshots of stuff like this, feel free to share! Contrary to how I may seem when talking about Sonic, I love the blue hedgehog. SA1 and 2 may have aged poorly, but I still love 'em gosh dangit, and I Iove learning new things about them. Especially SA1. That game is my jam.

Noipoi

Howdy!
You get bored of the same ol' thing as you get older. You've gotta spice things up to stay interested, y'know?

No but really I had a lot of Nintendo eShop credit and decided **** it. Got the season pass. I will play everything in this game if it kills me. Also Severa apparently plays a role somewhere with the other Awakening kids and I wanna see how that plays out.
Well, good luck.

nanuifyoudontmakeit.jpg

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Haha holy **** she joined a cult?? That's insane. She was my fave next to Gentaro himself.

Perhaps it's bad taste to blame the witches.
In Heisei Generations Final, they got Gentarou's actor back and in the credits they showed camera shots of scenes during every Rider's season. They digitally erased Yuki in that picture, THAT'S how ****ing bad it is

I'm pretty sure witches wouldn't support heavy military and ****. Also are you implying Tomoko is bad? How dare........

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Woah woah woah? What's tgis about fighting the admins? One mere fight isn't enough, no no. I'm gonna end all admins and moderators, all will be purged on this site, and I will make myself moderator, purging all evil on this site. Anyone who opposses me will be perished. And one day, when I get old, I'll retire, and sell moderation duties to the entire site! Imagine that, a whole site of mods and admins! And when everyone's an admin...

No one will be.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Alright, serious question here:
Line on wings or not.gif

Which version is better? Wings with lines or without?

Flyboy

Smash Hero
In Heisei Generations Final, they got Gentarou's actor back and in the credits they showed camera shots of scenes during every Rider's season. They digitally erased Yuki in that picture, THAT'S how ****ing bad it is

I'm pretty sure witches wouldn't support heavy military and ****. Also are you implying Tomoko is bad? How dare........
Holy **** that's bad

And no, never! I wouldn't dare! I love everyone in Fourze so much. It even has one of my favorite villains in KR in crab

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Am I the only person that wishes Mario Kart 8 only had Mario, DK and Wario characters in it?
Here’s my roster for a future Mario Kart game. May think about WarioWare characters later on.

-Toad
-Toadette
-Koopa Troopa
-Shy Guy
-Dry Bones
-Lakitu
-Baby Mario
-Baby Luigi
-Lemmy
-Larry
-Wendy
-Kamek
-E.Gadd
-Captain Toad
-Cappy
-Mario
-Luigi
-Peach
-Daisy
-Yoshi
-Diddy Kong
-Bowser Jr.
-Birdo
-Iggy
-Ludwig
-Hammer Bro.
-Dixie Kong
-Cranky Kong
-Pauline
-Donkey Kong
-Bowser
-Wario
-Waluigi
-Rosalina
-King Boo
-Peter Piranha
-Dry Bowser
-Funky Kong
-Wiggler
-Morton
-Roy
-King Bob-omb
-Boom Boom
-Pom Pom
-King K. Rool

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Holy **** that's bad

And no, never! I wouldn't dare! I love everyone in Fourze so much. It even has one of my favorite villains in KR in crab
****ing good, Tomoko made me realize I'm gay as ****.
I'm honestly upset I have seen ZERO ****ing crab rave memes with Cancer, he even does a ****ing dance as it's perfect.

Also Bestmand902 Bestmand902 and I thought of having a sitcom with just Cancer and KyoryuBlue. You can imagine what they'd do throughout the show

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Here’s my roster for a future Mario Kart game. May think about WarioWare characters later on.

-Toad
-Toadette
-Koopa Troopa
-Shy Guy
-Dry Bones
-Lakitu
-Baby Mario
-Baby Luigi
-Lemmy
-Larry
-Wendy
-Kamek
-E.Gadd
-Captain Toad
-Cappy
-Mario
-Luigi
-Peach
-Daisy
-Yoshi
-Diddy Kong
-Bowser Jr.
-Birdo
-Iggy
-Ludwig
-Hammer Bro.
-Dixie Kong
-Cranky Kong
-Pauline
-Donkey Kong
-Bowser
-Wario
-Waluigi
-Rosalina
-King Boo
-Peter Piranha
-Dry Bowser
-Funky Kong
-Wiggler
-Morton
-Roy
-King Bob-omb
-Boom Boom
-Pom Pom
-King K. Rool
King Bobomb would be awesome!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
View attachment 207173

I don't see a difference.

Oh wait I see it's a small difference.

The lines add some nice detail I guess.
For a moment, I thought you might have needed a pair of glasses, especially since I pointed out where the difference was. :v

But outside of that,
The one with the lines is far better.

It makes it more monster than plastic.
With for sure.
With.

And here are some extra characters because just typing "With." to answer the question would get me infracted.
lines are fine
With lines, they give nice texture to the wings
Everyone seem to prefer with lines, which is a bit surprising to me, but I can see where it's coming from, with lines then.

D

Deleted member

Wish I thought of him initially. If I did add WarioWare characters, they at the very least would be:
Lightweight-Ashley
Middleweight-Mona
Heavyweight-Dribble & Spitz
What about my boy Jimmy T? I would personally put Jimmy in over Dribble & Spitz to be honest.

Last edited by a moderator:

Noipoi

Howdy!
**** I don't remember that.

Since when did Pokemon S&M get dark?
Sun and Moon has a lot of dark themes. Hell, the main plot is about child abuse and obsession destroying a family. And don't get me started on the Pokedex entries.

gengdexsm.jpg

dradexsm.jpg

One of my top three favorite Pokemon games, despite it's issues. Hope Sword & Shield is just as good, if not better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom