• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

YOU GUYS

I'VE BEEN PLAYING THROUGH RENEGADE PLATINUM FOR MY GENERATIONLOCKE AND LOOK AT THIS:

View attachment 207184

YEAH THAT'S RIGHT. THAT'S A SHINY MOTHER****ING TAILOW. AND I CAUGHT IT IN ETERNA FOREST WITH CHERYL.

It was ****in' scary for a hot second since Cheryl could've killed it. Thankfully I was able to get her out of the way.

This is the second shiny I've legitimately encountered and captured (barring special events and encounters). Unfortunately my first one (a shiny Metagross) was lost, but this one won't be.
For a moment there I thought you nicknamed it Gregory. Would have been a good name you can't deny.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Actually it's Kah-Que-Guru-Ee
No I'm aware I don't know how to pronounce it, but I need to spell it to find it on Netflix.

I don't think the search function will give me the show if I type in "anime with the unsettling red eyed girl".

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
YOU GUYS

I'VE BEEN PLAYING THROUGH RENEGADE PLATINUM FOR MY GENERATIONLOCKE AND LOOK AT THIS:

View attachment 207184

YEAH THAT'S RIGHT. THAT'S A SHINY MOTHER****ING TAILOW. AND I CAUGHT IT IN ETERNA FOREST WITH CHERYL.

It was ****in' scary for a hot second since Cheryl could've killed it. Thankfully I was able to get her out of the way.

This is the second shiny I've legitimately encountered and captured (barring special events and encounters). Unfortunately my first one (a shiny Metagross) was lost, but this one won't be.
Nice find, mate. The only time I've ever legitimately encountered a Shiny, like without special events or specifically chaining for one, was in Pokemon Black, when I found and caught a Shiny Dratini.

It's a special feeling.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I remember that Netflix has the live action version actually. Dunno if it's good but it's got toku actors on it

There's a live action version?

God I'm such a terrible excuse for a nerd.

D

Deleted member

YOU GUYS

View attachment 207184

Congratulations!
I tried to shiny hunt for a shiny Totodile in HG, but gave up. I should keep on going.
I hope Hawkeye does you well!
I love that feeling!

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
You just said "wings with lines." I assumed you meant outlines or something like that.

I do actually need to get glasses though. Not for farsightedness though.
Hmm, fair enough, my :GCB: then.

Hope you get the glasses you want then! :)

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
YOU GUYS

View attachment 207184

Well, congratulations! They always appear when you least expect it huh?

My only legitimate Shiny, to this day, was a Raticate in Heartgold. Surprisingly hard to catch, too.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Shiny Swellow is Green. It reminded me of Bird Kirby, which I thought of as Hawk Kirby. The name Hawkeye just kinda came from that.

Obligatory.

God that was such a fantastic comic run.

D

Deleted member

YOU GUYS

View attachment 207184

Only Shiny I ever captured was a Golett that its still in my version of Pokemon White. I was so ****ing happy since Golurk is one of my favorite Gen V Pokemon.

D

Deleted member

Kakegurui is a... it's a show, alright. Honestly, can't really recommend it to anyone because everything after episode 4/5 is just complete and utter bull****

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Kakegurui is a... it's a show, alright. Honestly, can't really recommend it to anyone because everything after episode 4/5 is just complete and utter bull****
I played all three FE:Fates games.

I can handle complete and utter bull****.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
ch a disappointment, jesus christ. it was terrible. i hated it
Yeah, tbh, Raticate doesn't really have the best shiny, compared to other pokemon

Normal
1555012605951.png

Shiny
1555012634839.png

Still remember him fondly, because of that milestone, though

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My legit shinies that I remember were a shiny Abra and Virizion.
I found a shiny Trevenant, but I failed that one, because I brought severely underleveled Pokemon. XD
I was young at the time, okay?

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
From what I hear Bleach and Death Note were rather well-received. Ace Attorney too but that doesn't have an anime because A1 was made by locusts
Wait, was there a Japanese live action Death Note?

Because I saw the American one and eeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
My god, I love Aseprite, every time I think there is something I can't do, a little bit of research and all of my fears go away.

If you read this and want to get into sprite making, first start with Paint - no this isn't a joke, Paint is good when you are just starting pixel art - but once you get the basic down and if you have some money on you (because of course the best thing aren't free:ultrob:), buy Asesprite, trust me, it's worth the price if you want the best tool possible on your hand.:ultdoc:

D

Deleted member

Has there been a live action anime adaptation that has been good? This applies to ones made from Japan as well.
Edge of Tomorrow is actually pretty dang good but I can think of zero other examples
I played all three FE:Fates games.

I can handle complete and utter bull****.
It just stops being fun when the solution to everything is the MC saying "no u" and then nothing happens to anyone after the bet

D

Deleted member

I want to try to get a shiny Totodile again ( or at least starter ) on HG, but my 3DS is extremely dusty.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
My first shiny was a rattatat in FireRed. I didn't even know shiny pokemon were a thing, so it really caught me off guard

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I've never found a shiny. Nor have I hunted for shinies. But it's not like my chances were very high; I've only played a Pokemon game to completion like eight times in my life. Red, Red again, Yellow, Silver, Silver again, Soul Silver, Moon, Soul Silver again.

The only shiny I legitimately want because the colors are ****ing awesome is a ****ing shiny Sneasel.

LOOK AT THIS ****ER.

I WANT ONE.

D

Deleted member

a character from each 1st party franchise already represented in Smash Bros. Remake their Moveset.
Ex. Mario: Character- Mario
Neutral B- Cappy Throw (can be held to keep it spinning in place a short while and keeping the hitbox active)
Down B- Tanuki Statue (Turns into the invulnerable Tanuki Statue a limited time; letting Projectiles pass through)
Up B- Feather Cape (Flies upward or in whatever direction held for a short distance when used)
Side B- Hammer (Mario quickly slams a large hammer down on the space in front of him dealing damage and causing the opponent to become buried)

**That was a quick example and may not be the best, but you get the idea now lol**
Bowser Jr.

Or most commonly known as Koopa Clown Car because that's all his personality is.

I don't mean to be that guy who sounded like he wanted Bowser Jr. in Smash Bros, because I didn't. But I admit that the kid is way more than the carriage. His entire moveset should have been a mixture between mechanics and paintbrush techniques. The paintbrush was the bloody thing that introduced him; why does he not have it outside of a final smash? Anyone remember Mario Power Tennis where Bowser Jr., on two legs, swats the ball with his iconic paintbrush? I do but Nintendo doesn't. Now I just assume he's crippled because I haven't seen his legs work the field in a long time.

Even ignoring the conceptual design, he just sucks practically. He's a target when he ejects out of the car, the side-b is predictable, and the cannon is slow as ****. The only part I like his the mecha koopas, and even those can be used against you. He plays like a trap character who doesn't really have the speed or tools he needs. He should have been a mix between Inkling and Snake where the paint he leaves does damage and he's very speedy. Something more interesting than borrowing your dad's car and inviting the siblings you don't even like being around.

D

Deleted member

Wait, was there a Japanese live action Death Note?

Because I saw the American one and eeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
There were 2 films (3 if you count a film with L), that were alright(except the one with L) and condense the story quite a bit. It covers around 2/3s of the manga with an og ending that was decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom