• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Yes. It is. I could barely control the character. They slip and slide all over the screen no matter what you do.

Good to know that I’m not allowed to have opinions. I’ll keep that in mind.
OK. You’re starting to get on thin ice here.

The problem is that you tried to make an ARGUMENT based on your very limited experience with the Mario series.

It’s fine if you have a negative OPINION of the games, but that doesn’t count as a defense for your ARGUMENT.

That’s why everyone here is disagreeing with you. You’re not a victim here.

D

Deleted member

If a platformer lets you slip and slide all over, I don't think it's a platformer. However, New Super Mario Bros. Wii had pretty damn good controls.
You sure it wasn't a different character or powerup?

View attachment 201324
Maybe they were on the ice levels? Those ones could get kind of frustrating, but TBH I never had a hard time with NSMB's controls. If I died, it was always my fault, not the game's.

A good example of poor controls messing with the player would be something more like Sonic Lost World. Now that's a game where deaths never feel like their your fault.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
My platform of choice is Xbox One. But the Switch is nice because it’s portable.
So you don't like supporting Nintendo, and you don't want to give em money

Yet you like the Switch...

Isn't that supporting Nintendo, and giving them money?

I'm very confused, rn

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
All I'm retaining from this thread as of now is that Mario 64 is a bad game because you only YAYAYAYAYAYAYAHOOOOO until you win, I know this because I watched speedrun of this game, which mean I know the game better than anyone else here even though I only played the game for like 10 minutes.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Also, simply stating “it doesn’t look like I will like the game” doesn’t change anything. The games still kept being made, taking resources away from games i’d rather see. So I’m taking a page from their book and aggressively bashing the competition no matter what. That’s the only way my side has any chance of winning.

Okay I give up. There are far too many things to unpack in this statement and I'd rather do other things today.

Go nuts.

D

Deleted member

goddamn i had so many good reaction images for these last couple of pages but they're all on my phone which is dead rn

alexa, unoppress gamers

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Yes. It is. I could barely control the character. They slip and slide all over the screen no matter what you do.

Good to know that I’m not allowed to have opinions. I’ll keep that in mind.
That is entirely disingenuous. That is simply not how the controls work in NSMB. You're quite literally making that up. I guarantee no one else here has had the problem of the characters "slipping and sliding all over the screen no matter what"

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Read my earlier posts to know where my 2D Mario quote came from.

Also, simply stating “it doesn’t look like I will like the game” doesn’t change anything. The games still kept being made, taking resources away from games i’d rather see. So I’m taking a page from their book and aggressively bashing the competition no matter what. That’s the only way my side has any chance of winning.

My platform of choice is Xbox One. But the Switch is nice because it’s portable.
Man, are you okay again?

I just want to let you know nobody here hates your or dislikes you or anything, but people are just getting upset because you tend to do this kind of thing where you present your opinion, and people try to have a discussion about it, and you get defensive and shut everyone else down

If you’re not willing to talk about your opinion in the context of others, why would you present it in that way?

You’re more than welcome to have your opinions, as everyone else said. But so is everyone else, and people are more than welcome to try to understand where your coming from, and that’s not an attack on your character at all.

Please stop taking this kind of thing personally! It really starts to eat at you if you do

D

Deleted member

Okay I give up. There are far too many things to unpack in this statement and I'd rather do other things today.

Go nuts.
Yeah, I support the idea of just letting this go. They very clearly have their mind made up, so any further debate is kind of pointless.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
That is entirely disingenuous. That is simply not how the controls work in NSMB. You're quite literally making that up. I guarantee no one else here has had the problem of the characters "slipping and sliding all over the screen no matter what"
Well I’m not making it up. That’s the experience I had when I tried that game.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Well I’m not making it up. That’s the experience I had when I tried that game.
No, it is not. That is not how the game is designed. You are over exaggerating. You're allowed to have an opinion, but you have shown time and time again that your opinions are coming from a place of misinformation. Not all opinions are equal.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I haven't really read far back so I'm probably going to be missing the broader context, but I think it's possible not to like a decent amount of a company's output and still buy into their platform. Nintendo has a huge library of IP, which means you can still have things you enjoy from them without really caring about the vast majority. That's definitely the case for me.
why would you waste your energy on hating something that you legit cant stand? At that point, wouldnt the smart choice be to just ****ing ignore it?

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
also i found this image in my downloads folder and i'm not sure where i got it from but it's here now anyway

awQ7X5Q_700b.jpg

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I’m trying to figure out who will be the leader of each faction in my little story about the thread

But I don’t know how many of you I would consider a top tier leader lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom