• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

The only explanation I could see for the “slippery controls” Snake said she dealt with is if she played New Super LUIGI U which is designed to have lower traction from the base game.
the truth come out

D

Deleted member

I’m trying to figure out who will be the leader of each faction in my little story about the thread

But I don’t know how many of you I would consider a top tier leader lol
I think it’s pretty clear that diplomacy isn’t exactly a skill of this thread.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
What if I was half lazy/half demented and decided to instead just take the story and run it as an actual online tabletop-like thing in Forum Games

Who would want to play?
I think I’ll accept a max of 6 players

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
broke: two persona 5 tracks in smash, all instrumental
woke: 18 persona 5 tracks in smash, 3-4 vocal
bespoke: 34 persona series tracks from all 5 games + spinoffs
masterstroke: FIND ANOTHER ONE TO BOTHER, BECAUSE I WILL BECOME YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
why would you waste your energy on hating something that you legit cant stand? At that point, wouldnt the smart choice be to just ****ing ignore it?
I mean, in the case of a videogame franchise you dislike, sure maybe. Not in a lot of cases though. Even with videogames,, a bit of consumer dissent and backlash can't hurt. The general ambivalence of most people to the predatory practices of lots of publishers/developers over the years has definitely affected the state of the videogame industry.

Obviously that doesn't apply to Nintendo making games you don't like, but just putting that out there. In the end, the only opinion that matters is people's wallets', so you're right in the context of getting angry at the existence of a franchise. Still, if there are gameplay elements that you dislike that trickle down into gaming as a whole, it's definitely not a bad thing to put it out there and get some discussion going. Personally, I'm not usually a fan of regen health in shooters and the effects it tends to have on gameplay/gameplay balance. Shooters with regen health had so much popularity that the mechanic became the norm, without any real thought as to why it should be implemented. Maybe if more prominent voices out there challenged the mechanic, things could change. There's an element of selfishness, but it wouldn't hurt to have some things still made that cater to you. It's like when Ben and Jerry's discontinue your favourite flavour, you try and find a way to get it back on the shelves.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
****, I almost choke'd with a freakin' apple of all things to choke with.

D

Deleted member

What if I was half lazy/half demented and decided to instead just take the story and run it as an actual online tabletop-like thing in Forum Games

Who would want to play?
how dedicated do I have to be enter

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I’m trying to figure out who will be the leader of each faction in my little story about the thread

But I don’t know how many of you I would consider a top tier leader lol
The easy answer is just throwing mods and admins into positions of authority.

The easier answer is making me a leader.

Iridium

Smash Hero

Who would want to play?
I say myself. I already accept a terrible fate.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
The easy answer is just throwing mods and admins into positions of authority.

The easier answer is making me a leader.
That’s the thing though- Admins are their own governing faction over the entire realm, not just a single faction. Mods are kinda like the admins’s flying monkeys/cops

Each faction should have their own attempt at a government though imo regardless of how absurd it is

D

Deleted member

Mostly Yesterday in a nutshell...

Playstation: were gonna make our own Nintendo direct and everyone will like it! we'll call it state of play and it will be 20 minutes long! People are gonna like the announcements we make!

Wayforward: hold my beer
0DA683FD-D9B8-4C97-9160-3AD32A6E152E.jpeg

D

Deleted member

Attention everyone:
I will now be using LPS GIFs in any situation that I can find a fitting one for
I'll add text too of course but like
I'll be using them

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Was reading a comic that showcased someone winning Fortnite...

Because everyone else disconnected due to dinner time.

How come I could never have that luck?

Pakky

Smash Hero
Mostly Yesterday in a nutshell...

Playstation: were gonna make our own Nintendo direct and everyone will like it! we'll call it state of play and it will be 20 minutes long! People are gonna like the announcements we make!

Wayforward: hold my beer
View attachment 201332
Why have a gross fat bear when you can have her?

(Stoking that fire whew wee mama!)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom