• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Switch is probably my all time favorite console because it gave me Mario Odyssey, which was basically my dream game for the longest time.

Plus, the Switch just gives me a "Gamecube" vibe. Nintendo's trying new things again and coming up with all kinds of ideas and surprises none of us even think of, and I love it.

The Gamecube will always be my second most favorite no matter what because Pikmin 2, Paper Mario: TTYD, Wario World, Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour, and Metroid Prime 1 and 2 will always be incredibly amazing and special games to me.

Let's make it an actual topic for everyone to get in on:

TOP FIVE FAVORITE GAMING CONSOLES IN YOUR LIFE. GO.
1. PS2: Introduced me to Shadow of the Colossus (one of my most favorite games of all time), Kingdom Hearts, and the Sly Cooper series. Tons of great memories for me there.

2. PC: I know, it's probably cheating, but PC is probably where I spend some of the most time gaming. The accessibility of platforms like Steam and modding communities make PC gaming my platform of choice for a lot of games. Plus, Oneshot is exclusive to PC and would actually be impossible to port to a traditional console for a lot of reasons, so that alone makes me look at PC super fondly. Starbound is also super nifty and a game I play super often.

3. 3DS: As I already stated earlier, the 3DS just has an amazing library and great build. Can't say much more than I already have.

4. Nintendo Gamecube: For reasons already stated above.

5. Nintendo Switch: Same reasons as above.

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Wow i cant believe atlus showed us a teaser that told us to wait 3 months for another teaser only to make us wait another month for more info
We'll get another tease after two weeks from now on.

Then another one after seven days.

Then another one after three and a half days.

And we'll pray Xenon was wrong.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
My top five:
  1. New 3DS XL - Biggest library of games with DS/3DS, perfect portable design, love the 3D, will play it forever.
  2. Nintendo Gamecube - Apex of my childhood/teenage years, best ergonomic controller, treasure trove of Nintendo's best 3D experiences.
  3. Xbox 360 Slim - I have put more time into this console than any other. Massive library and the best controller ever made.
  4. Sega Dreamcast - When Sega said "**** it" and let developers do what they wanted. Some of the most unique gaming experiences.
  5. SNES - 2D era perfected, with some of the best platformers and best pre-32-bit RPGs ever made.
I say I'm a Sega fanboy, but seeing as to how Nintendo took three of my top five spots, I guess I'm a Nintendo fanatic after all.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Ah, screw it. Here's my top 5.

1. Gamecube
2. PS2
3. DS
4. PS4
5. SNES.

The Switch is pretty cool, but I don't know if its top 5 for me. SNES I'm just gonna add since too many of my favorite games originated with that System. Mega Man X, X2, X3, MM7, Super Metroid, Yoshi's Island, Mario World, Demon's Crest, Maximum Carnage ect ect.

PS4 gets on here for having most of the modern games I really liked. Again, Tekken 7, DBFZ, Mega Man 11, Spider-Man, Strider. And that's just the stuff I played. I don't own Devil May Cry 5 yet.

DS has a lot of Killers. Metroid Prime Hunters, Pokemon Black/White, DBZ Super Sonic Warriors, MMZX and MMSF, Jump Ultimate Stars, not to mention you get the entire GBA Library on top of that. DSi can't compete because it removed one of the strongest features.

PS2, I shouldn't have to say much, but so many sick games. Honestly this gen was my favorite for games as a whole, Soul Calibur 2, Tekken 5, Ultimate Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2, X-Men Legends, Mega Man X8, DMC1 and DMC3, Ratchet and Clank, Def Jam Vendetta/Fight for NY.

Gamecube had some of the good games PS2 had, I'm only putting it a bit higher because you can play 4 player without any add-ons. It had ****ing Mario Sunshine, Double Dash and Metroid Prime 1/2. And like the DS, there's a (unfortunately expensive) way to play every GBA game too.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Should I start my own Hunger Games simulator? I know it has been a bit overdone (very) this week, but the thought came to me.

If anybody is interested, I will take suggestions (forum or non-forum users are acceptable).

I feel better about still using one now.
If ya do, throw Spider-Ham and me in there. Tag me when it’s up, too.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
In no particular order:
GameCube
SNES
Switch
GBA SP
Turbo Grafx 16...

Limiting this to 5 isn’t fair.
Well it wouldn't be any fun if you could just say "I love all of them".

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
anyway regardless of feMC's identity we're guaranteed to get a new battle theme with it and it's also guaranteed to be an absolute bop

hit me with that it's too late

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I don’t. I down right hate some of them. But 10 would of accommodated me better. Cater to my needs next time. ^_^
Okay, I wanna know now.

Cyn Cyn is making me do top ten instead, so you all get five more consoles.

Have fun.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Favourite console?
I barely ever judge consoles, I judge games, sooooo

1. Wii (Metroid Prime Trilogy, Mario Galaxy 2, Skyward Sword)
2. WiiU (Xenoblade Chronicles 1 port, Pikmin 3)
3. DS (Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky, Bowsers Inside Story)
4. XBoX (the REAL Star Wars Battlefront 2)
5. 3DS (Majora's Mask HD, Fire Emblem Fates)

Honestly I'd be content with only having these games in my life

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994

Switch
Gamecube
3DS
PC
DS

For me, these all are about libraries. Gamecube was originally my favorite, but the Switch is getting all the series GCN had, and more on top of that. The DS was the console of my childhood so it gets a free pass. PC and 3DS have been consistently great for games overall.

Last edited:

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Switch is probably my all time favorite console because it gave me Mario Odyssey, which was basically my dream game for the longest time.

Plus, the Switch just gives me a "Gamecube" vibe. Nintendo's trying new things again and coming up with all kinds of ideas and surprises none of us even think of, and I love it.

The Gamecube will always be my second most favorite no matter what because Pikmin 2, Paper Mario: TTYD, Wario World, Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour, and Metroid Prime 1 and 2 will always be incredibly amazing and special games to me.

EDIT: Whoops, posted this before seeing staindgrey staindgrey 's top 5 post. Uh...lemme fix that.
I agree, the Switch feels like the GameCube where every big series is getting a game in one form or another. Well, we're still missing a few (F-Zero, Star Fox, Pikmin, a few others) but we got everything else almost, including Animal Crossing and Metroid.

In a few years, hopefully we'll have what's missing, and everyone will be happy.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Short answer? The internet loves to hate things.

"Omg the 3DS is still a thing?? Only kids play those!" - Every teen and lonely adult trying to sound cool within the internet gaming community.

I understand that 3DS support needs to end for the Switch to thrive. I just don't want it to because the Switch isn't portable to me. It's too fragile with its screen out in the open, and it's too bulky if you carry it around in a protective case. So it sits in my dock, like a home console. My 3DS goes in my bag with me everywhere I go because it's designed to be indestructible. I can toss my bag around or put **** in it without thinking, "wait, is that gonna damage my expensive gaming hardware?"

I'm on my third 3DS and none of my upgrades were due to hardware failure. That's eight years going strong.
With the amount of switches stolen all the time, you would think People thought it was another 3DS

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Also, unpopular opinion, but the Wii kinda sucked. Not the Wii U, but the Wii did. It had some good games like Mario Galaxy, Zelda TP (which was also on the Gamecube, SS was mixed), Mario Kart, and Brawl, as well as the Prime trilogy + 3 and DKCR, but it had a lot of junk and not very good 3rd party support, as well as a trashy online system, and many games were dated by the time they came out. Plus, motion controls were a novelty, but for many games, it almost didn't work. In fact, the best games for the Wii are the ones that barely used motion control.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Additional five:

Sega Saturn
Sega Genesis/CD/32X
Nintendo DS
Wii U
Xbox One

If it isn't clear by now that I have never been a Sony guy I'm not sure what to tell you.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
oh i didnt watch the trailer with sound this morning and i didnt know the girl was talking. The fact she talking pretty much means she's marie 2 lol.

Either way a female protag option would be super diffcult to implement in P5 conisdering its the largest game atlus has worked with by far and having redo all the cutscenes and dialogue

Last edited:

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Also, unpopular opinion, but the Wii kinda sucked. Not the Wii U, but the Wii did. It had some good games like Mario Galaxy, Zelda TP (which was also on the Gamecube, SS was mixed), Mario Kart, and Brawl, as well as the Prime trilogy + 3 and DKCR, but it had a lot of junk and not very good 3rd party support, as well as a trashy online system, and many games were dated by the time they came out. Plus, motion controls were a novelty, but for many games, it almost didn't work. In fact, the best games for the Wii are the ones that barely used motion control.
Even if that is true I dont think you can deny that Nintendo was the first company to make a motion controller that actually worked

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

That's all I got.
That Min Min Inkling one looks very similar to Noipoi Noipoi s style

5. Gamecube - Amazing catalog of games, and Nintendo's best controller to date
4. Xbox 360 - Such a sleek console, with an amazing library of games, and one of the best controllers ever made.
3. Dreamcast - I was very young when this console came out. As such, I never got one myself until recentlry. But man! SEGA sure knows how to do a swansong Such a great console with some solid games.
2. 3DS - This console has a stellar catalog of games. Not only do you have some amazing new games made specificlly for the 3DS in mind, but you also get an outstanding amount of backward compatible DS and DSiware games.
1. Wii - What can I say? I was a kid during the height of this console, and It's the one that got me into gaming in the first place, and made me love Nintendo in all their glory. Not to mention some amazing games in well established franchises such as Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros Brawl (I don't care what anyone else thinks), and Mario Kart Wii. And of course, I can't forget to mention the game that got us sold on the Wii in the first place, Wii Sports. Sure, it was basically a tech demo, but darn it! It was a good tech demo that did it's job, and was a blast to come back to. The 3DS normally would've gotten first place, but due to nostalgia, and the fact that it's reason I'm even here, right now, writing this thing, I have to give it to the WII.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
That's why it'll never be one of my favorite consoles despite the fact that it's the only console I ever waited outside in the cold to get on opening day.

Twilight Princess was better on the Gamecube. Donkey Kong Country Returns was better on 3DS. The two best parts of Prime Trilogy were Gamecube games. Galaxy and Galaxy 2, IMO, are kind of overrated. MKWii is my least favorite Mario Kart. Like, the Wii had Brawl and Sonic Colors and FE: Radiant Dawn and the Trauma Team games, but it also had a whole bunch of **** and most of its first parties are outshined by their GC or Wii U games.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Even if that is true I dont think you can deny that Nintendo was the first company to make a motion controller that actually worked
I'll give them that. It worked well when the programmers actually spent more than 5 minutes on intergrating motion control into their games, but that's the issue, not a lot of devs (who weren't Nintendo) did that, leading to borderline unplayable games.

I am happy on how far Gyro and motion controls advanced though.

D

Deleted member

Excuse me, but the Wii had Kirby's Return to Dreamland, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Wario Land Shake It, Sonic Colors, and Wario Ware: Smooth Moves.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Hot take: What if the FeMc is an echo fighter instead of an alt of Joker?

Unlikely but eh.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Atari 2600
New 3DS
XB1
PS2
Genesis

NES

That’s six, eleven in total. Deal with it.
I mean, I kinda have to. :smash:

Also we should play something on XB1 sometime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom