• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I stopped using it as a streaming instrument years and years ago when I bought a Smart TV. Basically, I do the opposite of you, I only dust it off when there is an exclusive I want to play on it.
That's my PS4. I even moved it to my bedroom so my brother could use the XB1 when I'm on the rare occasion playing a PS4 exclusive.

Next on my list is Persona 5, but now I'm worried that PS5R won't be a downloadable add-on and I'll just have to buy it again. Boo.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Okay but Mushroom Gorge, Toad's Factory, and Maple Treeway were all amazing though and they shall never be slandered. :p
Hey, did you ever do that FE character tier list? I think I missed it.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Okay, I wanna know now.

Cyn Cyn is making me do top ten instead, so you all get five more consoles.

Have fun.
**** that Imma do a top 10

GameCube- my 1st game system...bias
Switch- bias overall
3DS- Kid Icarus Uprising came from this thing...how could I not love it so much?
Wii- Nintendo games were amazing here (especially Brawl)
PS2- best way to play Nickelodeon games
Gameboy Advance (SP)- memories between Nintendo and Nickelodeon
PS3- best way to play WWE games, introduced me to Telltale games, and was overall great for 3rd parties
PS4- great for the exclusives...mainly Spider-Man and Uncharted
DS- Nintendogs and NSMB...that’s all I needed in the end
XBone- my WWE console that also has a ton of other games that I can enjoy...also takes me to watch tv

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I still can't forgive MK8 for making N64 Rainbow Road a section track instead of the 3 long laps.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Very poor item/luck balance as Nintendo was pushing too hard for the casual market at the time.
Low production values; even by Wii standards the game just doesn't look great.
Okay tracks; nothing super memorable. Music was okay.
The game's big selling point was the motion controls, but those weren't consistent at all.

In all honesty Double Dash had more personality, better item balance and better tracks/music. MKWii isn't a bad game on its own, but when I compare it to DD, DS, 7 or 8 it's easily my least favorite, no contest.
I don't know, Wii had pretty great tracks. Mushroom Gorge, Coconut Mall, Toad Factory, Maple Treeway, Koopa Kape, the list goes on.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
For top five consoles, I'd say...

Nintendo 3DS - Full backwards compatibility with DS titles, plus a treasure trove of titles all its own. Also, a great Virtual Console.
Nintendo Switch - Online sucks but that's not the console's fault. Wonderful games thus far, and feels amazing to play.
Game Boy Advance SP - Pokémon's most memorable era for me, SMB3 Advance, two great localized Fire Emblem games, Konami Arcade Advanced...all great games, to me. Backlight on the screen was literally lit. SP folded and that was amazing to me as a kid.
Nintendo Wii - Both Galaxy games, Punch-Out!!, Kirby's Return to Dreamland, Donkey Kong Country Returns, NSMBW, Mario Kart Wii, Mario Super Sluggers, and so many other great games.
PlayStation 2 - Man I loved the PS2 growing up. I didn't have a ton of games for it, but it didn't matter because basically all of my friends had a PS2 growing up so everyone kind of had one massive collective library lol.

D

Deleted member

To be honest...

The Wii U was kind of meh for me, and is probably my least favorite Nintendo console. I mean, it had good games, but there was a lot about it that really disappointed me:

-The launch was honestly one of, if not IMO, Nintendo's worst launch line-ups. NSMBU was good, but it wasn't good enough to last as long as Nintendo tried to make it while we waited for new games.
-The release gaps were awful.
-The gamepad is super clunky and weird to hold, especially now that I've been spoiled by the sleek design of the Switch.
-Gamepad battery is terrible unless you spend more to buy the bigger battery that makes it noticeably heavier.
-Smash Wii U was honestly a huge letdown for me.
-No proper Animal Crossing or Kirby releases.

TBH I feel like I liked the Wii a lot more because it simply catered towards my tastes more. I think the thing honestly gets a too much flak nowadays, but eh, to each their own. :drshrug:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Does anybody else have suggestions for the simulator? 36 slots are still open.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Yeah, I ended up posting it last night. :p
Ha, I love that like all the Fates kids are lumped together at the bottom of a tier like, "Yeah I guess I need to put these somewhere."

Also what the **** is Severa doing that low. I thought you were better than that.

Elise too.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I hate that Mario Kart 7 took like all of the best Mario Kart Wii tracks, so we got the scraps come Mario Kart 8.
Not even just the Wii tracks. It also took Waluigi Pinball, Airship Fortress, Daisy Cruiser, Kalamari, etc. 7 honestly has the best retro track lineup of them all, and it's not even close.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
What if Nintendo was banned from Japan and relocated to America?
I grieve for the timeline where SU and JPN go to war over the Kuril Islands.
Th-that's the only way I can see this happening.
Better netplay for a Soviet Japan and millions dead? Epic.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Nintendo better make a new Zelda about the Hero of Netplay and him harnessing the power of slowing down the world and beating Ganon with the power of throwing boomerangs and shooting him with a bow to win.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Nintendo better make a new Zelda about the Hero of Netplay and him harnessing the power of slowing down the world and beating Ganon with the power of throwing boomerangs and shooting him with a bow to win.
Ah yes, Link's most iconic weapon:

The boomerang spam.

I still wish Gonzales was in Heroes. Would be unique as a big body character.
Yes.

Put in his big ole screeching noise and I will be forever happy.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I like the idea of unlocking little side-stories by advancing supports. I think that could work pretty well.

I liked the base conversations in Path of Radiance since they could involve multiple characters and were pretty grounded.
Maybe the side stories can be put in PoR/RD/NME style Base Conversations.
I think the best way to go about something like this isn't necessarily two support chains, as that would require much more support grinding. Instead, it could be a mix of support conversations and base conversations. For example, let's say Person A has a support with Royal 5, and gets it to A rank. Maybe Person A tells Royal 5 about the struggles of the common man and, in an effort to better get to know the people, Royal 5 gets additional base conversations, that don't require grinding and are more free in format, with folks like Person A's sister (Person S) or the Myrmidon sellsword that you recruited from enemy lines (Person M).

That way it keeps the development gained from the support, but instead of the grinding being rewarded with more grinding, the reward is more immediate and open ended.
Well, you could always reduce the amount of grinding needed to get higher Supports. I'd consider the reward "further character development" rather than "more grinding". The Supports don't even have to go all the way to max level, a lot of C and B Supports already end with Character A posing Character B a question and Character B returning later with an Answer.

Though I won't disagree that unlocking more Base Conversations would be an easier, possibly better, alternative.

Another facet of the idea is something like having actual character development stem from the Support Chains.
For example, when you first get Peri, she only has a small number of Supports (e.g. with Leo and Laslow), but then once you've seen those Supports, a different set of Supports opens up, and when you complete those, she gets a final two Supports with Felicia and Jakob. The more tiers of Supports you do, the more her Base Conversation and Final Chapter dialogue changes. (I call it TheraPeri!)

Obviously, this would require all of Peri's Supports to be super fast to make it a) feasible for a Casual to see and b) fun.
Another idea for having Supports having more of an effect outside of a statistical one, maybe if a character in a Support says "Hey, I bought you a Sword." you actually get a Sword. :laugh:

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I still wish Gonzales was in Heroes. Would be unique as a big body character.
If they add him I hope they get Ippei to do his art. He did Gonzales for Cipher and it's amazing.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Ha, I love that like all the Fates kids are lumped together at the bottom of a tier like, "Yeah I guess I need to put these somewhere."

Also what the **** is Severa doing that low. I thought you were better than that.

Elise too.
But primarily Severa

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom