• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
...I'm only just realizing that I forgot to put Gonzalez on my Fire Emblem character tier list, despite the fact that I really like him.

Oh god I'm so sorry Gonzalez.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
What if Marvel did a Marvel vs. Capcom line of comics where individual Capcom game characters team up with individual Marvel characters? Like Iron Man/Mega Man. What pairings do you use?

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So it looks that new female character so far matches up with the Jane datamine, but she's definitely an overall separate character from Joker rather than a FeMC option. So I definitely think Jane is Alph/Koopaling style alternate skin.

Also if you notice. Alternate gender costumes are costumes 2,4,6, and 8. While Alph occupies slots 5-8. The female costume found in the datamine is costume #7.

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
I just got bodied by a Palutena and I was convinced that Quickplay was stupid and matched me against some 4.3 gsp person in Elite Smash again but it was someone with 2 mil GSP

D

Deleted member

So it looks that new female character so far matches up with the Jane datamine, but she's definitely an overall separate character from Joker rather than a FeMC option. So I definitely think Jane is Alph/Koopaling style alternate skin.
Remind me again why :ultalph: is a :ultolimar: alt instead of an echo fighter?

D

Deleted member

several factors:
  • feMC using arsene and a dagger in smash makes very little sense unless sakurai was taking some wild liberties with implementing her - and if she isn't a member of the phantom thieves (i.e. Joker is out and about), arsene would already be in joker's possession, not hers
  • they've conveninently picked a soundbite from a moment in the game where the phantom thieves are allowed to publicly (albeit stealthily) comment on themselves - as i said earlier, it could easily just be the difference in protagonist characterisation (male is cocky and believes in the phantom thieves' righteousness, female is uncertain and wishes society didn't need or rely on them to fix their ****)
  • her being a first year changes very very little--you miss out on kawakami, and you don't go to hawaii (but P3P's female route also swapped certain trips for others, even adding in a persona 4 reference in one's place)
  • we're not actually meant to know she's a joker skin in smash yet - Atlus is playing up the mystery of her identity like we're going in blind
there was another point i had in my head while i was typing this but it's gone now, maybe it'll come back
Now see, I would've understand all of this

had Atlus announced Persona 5 Switch, cause this is me right now.

20190323_140431.jpg

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'm starting to realize that her design is somewhat on the plane side, until we get to see her costume

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I'm starting to realize that her design is somewhat on the plane side, until we get to see her costume
(that's because she's totally fem joker but they're tryna hide it like sakurai didn't **** everything up for them)

1553375441521.png

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
And the two other lads. Almost forgot. Any pose you want?
Well...
I tried to arrange them as if Fawful is their trainer.

But you don't have to waste your time on me! I was Just conplementing your drawing!

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
The way i can see the new girl being a MC is if it an entirely new game/scenario like the Persona 3 The Answer

Otherwise theres no way there going to redo a ton of **** for a female option. Might as well start development on Persona 6 than

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
The way i can see the new girl being a MC is if it an entirely new game/scenario like the Persona 3 The Answer

Otherwise theres no way there going to redo a ton of **** for a female option. Might as well start development on Persona 6 than
P3P's female route exists and was an extremely comprehensive rework for a title on such a low budget

given how much they made from persona 5, i can absolutely see them going all-out on a feMC rerelease

D

Deleted member

If Joker does have that girl as an alt, then I'm pretty exited to see all the hype about Joker to amount to nobody actually using him over his alt.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Okay, unpopular opinion time.

Public Battle Arenas are worse than Quickplay.

Despite the toxicity and horrible matchmaking of Quickplay, at least I'm instantly able to enter a match and at least the game makes an effort to try and make it not lag.

Everytime I join a public arena I end up waiting 30 minutes for a match that either crashes the arena or lags horribly because I don't know where these people are from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom