• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I'd be perfectly willing to accept that, so long as this new girl is playable (as a central protag, not just a party member) somehow.
I dont doubt she will be playable, but I agree with the others in that her campaign (if she leads one) will probably be similar to Aigis.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Oh yeah, also P5 Spoilers:

Akechi dies before the end of Persona 5, and even before that he is outed as a traitor.

The only time he asks these questions is inbetween meeting Joker and before the last part of the game, setting up a definite time-frame for which he could question P5R girl. That means that at least to a certain extent, she is going to kinda retcon herself within the story (assuming of course, she isn't just fem-Joker)
tbh the very precise timeframe implied by akechi's question (post-madarame, growing thieves popularity) is what's giving me vibes of standalone expansion if not fem-joker - some kind of mini adventure going on in the background

though that would raise the question of why the phantom thieves didn't notice other metaverse users sneaking around, unless we're just going full rerelease-style retcon

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Side side note:

The hypothetical situation where Akechi asks the player of their opinion of the Phantom Thieves, these are your options
opinion on phantom thieves.png

Take note that these are all supportive of the Phantom Thieves, and none coincide with what P5R girl is saying.

This leads me to some possible conclusions:
  1. She is femJoker and is explicitly lying about how she believes in the justice of the Phantom Thieves.
  2. She is not femJoker and is lying to make her appear as if she does not support them in order to trick someone/Akechi.
  3. She is not femJoker and is telling the truth and doesn't believe in their vigilantism, meaning she may oppose the Phantom Thieves.
  4. None of this matters because it won't actually be in the final game.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Combo Man was that made by that one dude in every RP group who just has to have a character that has both the Keyblade and the Master Sword
That's why I like it, he's just a dumb fusion character to sell a snack. Gotta have that SS2 Stand User Bankai Sharingan fammunition.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Side note:

I'd also like to remind you that in Persona 3 FES, the "definitive" version depending on who you ask, instead of using a female protagonist, created an entirely separate miniature campaign post-game. Consider that that is also an option Atlus may take, allowing them to use another female character and not just a parallel Joker.
Or you know...

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Side side note:

The hypothetical situation where Akechi asks the player of their opinion of the Phantom Thieves, these are your options
View attachment 200513

Take note that these are all supportive of the Phantom Thieves, and none coincide with what P5R girl is saying.

This leads me to some possible conclusions:
  1. She is femJoker and is explicitly lying about how she believes in the justice of the Phantom Thieves.
  2. She is not femJoker and is lying to make her appear as if she does not support them in order to trick someone/Akechi.
  3. She is not femJoker and is telling the truth and doesn't believe in their vigilantism, meaning she may oppose the Phantom Thieves.
  4. None of this matters because it won't actually be in the final game.
I like where youre going with that. There's also the possibility of changing up the story quite a bit at the start of the game, like someone or akechi leads the phantom thieves until she ends up joining somehow :O

I know, a bit of a stretch, but i do think there's some kind of twist.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Or you know...

HOLY ****, SOMEONE ELSE PLAYED P2?

Anyways, yeah a Duology/Persona 5-2 situation could definitely be possible, especially if they reuse assets in making P5. Dunno how willing Atlus are to go down the route, but it's interesting to think about.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Someone hijacked my Epic Games account but joke's on them, I haven't used it in months and there's no payment info saved on it.
Also it's the first account of mine that's been hacked in several years so nice security Epic

Iridium

Smash Hero

I honestly thought this would take me longer to compile.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Did they ever say Luigi The President Luigi The President ever died from the poisoning?
WOT?

Watch Luigi The President Luigi The President actually win and die right as he does
WOT?!?!?!

Oh yea this is accurate

Don't do this **** to me again me and Luigi The President Luigi The President just got over her
I just got her swimsuit alt ayeeee

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

I honestly thought this would take me longer to compile.
But that's Oliver, not Gheb. :p

Also RIP Palla's picture.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Persona 5 is the biggest game Atlus has made yet

Literally redoing every cutscene, scenario, and dialogue to fit the female character

its not easy as pressing a button.

P5R is either P4G thing with added sublot and a new girl or the new girl is the MC of new subplot in the game.
Dude. You are the only one who thinks this. Sure, that doesn't mean we're right and you're wrong. But it probably means that it's more possible and plausible than you think it is. I mean sure, it would be a little strange considering P5 took about 8 years to make (2008-2016), and it's only been 3 years since P5's launch. But I will say that we have no idea how much of that time was spent on each individual aspect. Most of the character models would still be the same, as would the gameplay engine. Sure, dialogue would be different (and I admit to not knowing the exact in depth ups and downs of the plot), but how much of the story would actually really change. Just based on my rough knowledge of the development process, implementing a female protagonist would probably require about 1/3 or 1/4 of the work and time needed to build the entire game up from scratch, which would be about 2.6 years of dev time max. So it's not as unreasonable as you may think. Sure, it's a big job. And we don't know everything about the project. We don;t know how long they've been working on it and we don't have an exact breakdown of how long each individual element takes. I'm just trying to highlight that there is a logic behind the idea that that's what we could be getting, even outside of the leaks from Smash.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Spider-Man and Mega Man
Mega Man X and Spider-Man 2099
Dante and Deadpool
Ryu vs Wolverine
Storm and Chun-Li
She-Hulk and Phoenix Wright
Viewtiful Joe and Spider-Ham
Captain America and Bionic Commando
Daredevil/Luke Cage/Electra and Final Fight
Jill Valentine and Blade
Ghost Rider and Nero
Your lack of Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, and Darkstalkers disturbs me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What if Marvel did a Marvel vs. Capcom line of comics where individual Capcom game characters team up with individual Marvel characters? Like Iron Man/Mega Man. What pairings do you use?
An Iron Fist and Ryu team up would be pretty sick ngl

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
it's too late would be a fantastic battle/at least boss theme for feMC, change my mind

like damn, that drop at 0:40 comes in at around the same time as 'you'll never see it coming' in last surprise, it's basically perfect for timing all out attacks to the music

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom