• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
God this ****ing joke.

Memeing is like bullying. It’s only funny to the person who tells is and people like them and is meant to get a rise/reaction out of people who don’t understand (coincidentally, people the memers typically don’t like)
So... I guess I'm not allowed to have a bit of fun here, then?

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
that's like

literally every kind of fictional media to ever exist
I mean, maybe it’s my lack of exposure in the genre but the whole “I must fight to become the best” and “I fight for my friends” schtik doesn’t grab me. It sounds kind of boring.

Plus don’t tell me that there’s a distinctly Japanese story telling/dialogue style that could be a turn off to some people.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I mean, maybe it’s my lack of exposure in the genre but the whole “I must fight to become the best” and “I fight for my friends” schtik doesn’t grab me. It sounds kind of boring.
I mean, you know I respect your right to dislike anime. We've talked about it a bit before, and I think that's fine.

But you're describing a single genre of anime. The "I must be the best/I fight for my friends" thing is just a common Shonen manga/anime trope.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Bullies think bullying is fun. We don’t let them do that.

I know what you’re doing is no where near as bad and has like, 0 malicious intent. I just really can’t stand memes.
I wasn't bullying, tho...

How on earth is making a dumb, harmless, joke considered bullying?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Bullies think bullying is fun. We don’t let them do that.

I know what you’re doing is no where near as bad and has like, 0 malicious intent. I just really can’t stand memes.
With all due respect, I think you take things a little bit, not, a lot to close to heart sometimes. Learn to joke around a bit, you will be less offended at insignificant stuff like memes that way

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Where's the Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled option in the poll?

I want that one more than most of the other options.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean, you know I respect your right to dislike anime. We've talked about it a bit before, and I think that's fine.

But you're describing a single genre of anime. The "I must be the best/I fight for my friends" thing is just a common Shonen manga/anime trope.
I wonder why those are the only ones that get talked about in the gen pop here in the states. Probably why it’s not more broadly popular. Like how people think cape comics are the only comics.

What would you recommend then? I mean, I like action shows. But I can’t say no to a good comedy.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I wasn't bullying, tho...

How on earth is making a dumb, harmless, joke considered bullying?
Did you even read the second half of my post?

With all due respect, I think you take things a little bit, not, a lot to close to heart sometimes. Learn to joke around a bit, you will be less offended at insignificant stuff like memes that way
I can joke around. But I can’t stand when people constantly repeat the same unfunny joke over and over and over again and expect you to laugh at it every time like your a comedy wizard. It’s frustrating and infuriating.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I wonder why those are the only ones that get talked about in the gen pop here in the states. Probably why it’s not more broadly popular. Like how people think cape comics are the only comics.

What would you recommend then? I mean, I like action shows. But I can’t say no to a good comedy.
Good question. It's been a while since I delved specifically into a comedy anime, but I'll keep an eye out for something you might like for sure.

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I have plans for tomorrow on this site due to a certain thing that will occur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom