• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
To be honest, the only thing worse than a political discussion gone bad is people so scared of politics that they essentially become cowards.

The thread never got bad guys. We've been pretty polite.

My gender identity doesn't count towards my sexuality for purposes of that rule, right?
Why would it?

You're not actually talking about sex.

If people actually say you broke the rule, I shall yell at them on the internet until they change or tell me to stop.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
SCREW ALL YA'LL WUSSES

We can talk politics as long as we behave.

Ignore the fact that I called you wusses. :4roy:

In fact I'll try to create a nuanced argument right here and now.

Border control is good. We should have borders and they should be patrolled. People should need to go through the official channels to move to another country. It helps keep everyone safe. Illegal immigration is a problem for a large number of reasons.

However, our current border patrol is kind of a mess and for the most part, I don't blame the border patrol guys. They're horribly understaffed and underfunded for what they have to do. Moreover, the whole system is a mess. Just look at a space where families are trying to enter the country legally. ****'s dangerous cause there's too many people cramped up in a small room. Innocent people trying to enter the country are hurt. The space should be significantly bigger and better staffed with at least some comforts to ease the long wait. More agents too. Just... make it better in general. The current state is just sad. And yes, this should be applied to the Canadian border too.

That said... the wall is stupid... It won't work and the only benefit is that it'll make potential jobs. If people are gonna let an ocean stop them, they won't let a simple wall stop them. It's more of a middle finger to the idea of immigration then anything actually intended to solve the problem or make the situation better. It's a political ploy. Not something Trump thinks is an actual solution. It's why he hasn't actually started it yet.

I do think that mass deportation at this point is worthless. Sure, deporting a convicted criminal (ya know, like a murderer) is probably the best idea, but at this point, this late into the game, its impossible to actually deport every illegal immigrant. It's barely enforced now as it is. Moreover, even if you somehow do manage to kick out all illegal immigrants, you've shattered millions of families and wrecked the economy. It's not worth it.

I do dislike sanctuary cities on principle though. The idea of a city essentially denying state and federal law is a big no no to me. Regardless of the intent. Sets a dangerous precedent. I'd rather the law be changed instead of a city just saying "nah."

At this point, I'd redo border control entirely and improve the system. Make it more efficient both in letting people in legally and preventing illegal entry. Then, give every illegal immigrant a chance to become a legal one at like a DMV or something. They're here and contributing, might as well make them official at this point. It isn't a perfect idea by any means, but its something.
Don't make me bring out the Isabelle.

Isabelle Stop.jpg

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Tfw I'm holding myself back from getting into a political debate.
cannotrantabouttrumphere.jpg

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
To be honest, the only thing worse than a political discussion gone bad is people so scared of politics that they essentially become cowards.

The thread never got bad guys. We've been pretty polite.

Why would it?

You're not actually talking about sex.

If people actually say you broke the rule, I shall yell at them on the internet until they change or tell me to stop.
It ain't cowardice man, it's the fact that this is not the time nor the place.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It ain't cowardice man, it's the fact that this is not the time nor the place.
It's a social. You can talk about anything as long as it doesn't break the rules.

I'm not even saying anything inflammatory unless politics in general is inflammatory.

AfroGamerNinja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FluffyWarlock
If a developer could plan and develop a Norse mythology equivalent of Kid Icarus, that would be awesome.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
It's a social. You can talk about anything as long as it doesn't break the rules.

I'm not even saying anything inflammatory unless politics in general is inflammatory.
Yeah but ya don't see me going to a forum about Kirby games and going "Let's talk about laissez faire capitalism and how taxation is inherently theft"

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yeah but ya don't see me going to a forum about Kirby games and going "Let's talk about laissez faire capitalism and how taxation is inherently theft"
This is a social though...

Noipoi

Howdy!
In my 45 years of political study i've found that the Super Mario Bros Super Show is perhaps the most accurate take on society in the last century.

D

Deleted member

Why tf would Corrin and WFT be cut
Both are incredibly unique and represent popular games
WFT especially is a fan favorite
The Mii's also have no reason to be removed

On top of this why would any of those newcomers be added? You're just listing the popular choices of this cycle that didn't make it in.
Bout to say something political

WFT isn't relevant enough no one liked Fe Fates Miis would leave with Customs

I don't think you get my way of posting so you just criticize everything I say it's fine tho.

D

Deleted member

Links awakening remake is cool and all but when are we getting a remake of this beauty?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

I don't think you get my way of posting so you just criticize everything I say it's fine tho.
But...we see with Ultimate that Miis would've still been kept without customs...by virtue of the fact that Ultimate doesn't have customs...

And there's a difference between something being controversial and something being unpopular. Fates was the former, not the latter.

D

Deleted member

So lets say Ultimate wasn't "EVERYONE IS HERE!"

How do you guys think the roster would look with veterans and newcomers?
For starters, Half the roster would be gone (ex: :ultsnake:, :ultyounglink:, :ultpichu:, :ultpokemontrainer:, :ultwolf: and :ultcloud:)

I think :ultridley: wouldn't have gotten in had it not been for "Everyone is here" cause as Sakurai has stated EIH was done because of the fans and while he had the fans on mind I'm sure it was only then he realized "Oh, We're doing this for the fans why not include Ridley while we're at it!"

I think the only bone Fan's would've gotten would be :ultkrool: since even without EIH it still seemed like K. Rool had a good shot at happening.

I think we definitely would've gotten more Newcomers but less Vets in turn. Maybe Waluigi would've happened cause for all we know Sakurai might have briefly considered Waluigi but later scrapped him due to a whole slew of issues from Moveset potential and Low Priority as EIH would have been more important than adding Waluigi who already has an AT that could easily be ported over and other characters being more important.

:ultinkling:, :ultisabelle: and :ultincineroar: Would've still made it and some could make an argument for :ultdaisy: as well.

Overall: Half the roster would be gone including (:ultsnake:, :ultyounglink:, :ultpichu:, :ultpokemontrainer:, :ultwolf:, :ultcloud:, and :ultridley: for examples) :ultinkling:, :ultisabelle:, :ultdaisy:, and :ultincineroar: would've gotten in regardless and Maybe Waluigi would've been included.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It's a public space and there's a matter of Tact to be considered.
Of course.

But tact =/= no politics whatsoever.

I will follow the rule because the mods made it a rule and I respect them as leaders and individuals, but you're not gonna convince me its a good rule.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, that "no politics" rule is lame.
I understand that servers in Discord reasonably do not allow politics because of flaming, but this is a social thread that is much smaller than Discord servers. Plus we have good moderators.
Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and probably Snapchat are filled with politics.

Last edited by a moderator:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

Okay cool glad you think I'm suddenly biased against you, let me back up my criticisms here
-If WFT isn't relevant enough she would not have been included in 4 in the first place. Wii Fit is one of the best selling Nintendo games ever made. She was included as an unorthodox choice and Sakurai clearly did not include her to make some sort of profit. She was included due to a mix of being recognizable and being unique and making the roster less all heroes and villains, but more true Nintendo.
-FE Fates has an average of 88/100 on Metacritic and sales are known to have hit 1.6 million worldwide. But sure, no one likes FE Fates.
-Miis were revised without customs and it stands to reason that the same would have happened in the next Smash that wasn't Ultimate. The Switch has Miis so removing them would be nonsensical.

Hey but nice try though, making it seem like my arguments were just because I suddenly don't like you.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Of course.

But tact =/= no politics whatsoever.

I will follow the rule because the mods made it a rule and I respect them as leaders and individuals, but you're not gonna convince me its a good rule.
It is a good rule, I believe, because politics ruins ****ing everything. This is a Super Smash Bros. Fansite, not Bioshock.. There is a time and place to have the discussion, Among friends, in Op-Eds, etc. But when it comes to video games about plumbers fighting yellow electric rats it should be left at the door for the sake of preserving fun and not turning into a REAL fight.

D

Deleted member

I love how no one is questioning that a 13 year old is getting into political debates.

D

Deleted member

Am I the only one that has a lot of fun with things where you really have to think? Like deep questions, puzzles, riddles, etc.
Does someone want to tell me a riddle?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You guys are being really insulting to Shiny.

And you think he's stupid enough to not catch on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom