• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Dmitri looks like he just came out of the shower without drying his hair.
Fix his pasta-looking ***, IS.
1549999720708.jpeg

He literally looks like someone dumped a bowl of spaghetti on his head.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Something about their designs screams, "Fire Emblem GO" to me.

Edelgard's the only one I feel like is pulling it off without looking like fan art.
like seriously are you ****ing kidding me here

1549999808623.png

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Ultra is for “improvements” and double dipping on mostly the same experience. With FE like with Fates, to experience the full thing it you would have to pay $60 x 4. No bueno
You're forgetting the reasonably priced $82.99 DLC bundle you can purchase. Pre-order it within the first month to get a special bridal outfit for Edlegard.

D

Deleted member

Can you believe that the strong headache I had during the past days is finally over just because I am wearing a hood on my head?

I'm not kidding, my grandfather told me yesterday to cover my head with anything to make the headache go away... And he was right.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Unfortunately I can't see a bright future to Fire Emblem.
I think it's doomed to be a dating sim, after Awakening success.
I know a lot of people who rathers this kind of stuff than actual gameplay.
Radiant Dawn and Path of Radiance are two games I'm still very fond of.
Even in FE Echoes, that seems to be very better, they did what they could to increase the side characters relevance and assist stuff.

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
Hey guys , i wanted to ask something different.
Maybe you guys can help me.

When I was little I had a Mega Drive, and in it I played my favorite Sonic games.
At the time I did not have the money to buy a Sonic 3, so I rented this game at the store almost every weekend.

It turns out that that Sonic 3 cartridge was different from all the other Sonic 3 I've played in my entire life.
For some reason they had a totally different Save screen.

This screen:
hqdefault.jpg

Something different happened when you created a Save and got emeralds.
Normally your Emeralds only appear on top of their Save, but in that cartridge a Sonic drawing appeared over the Save, transformed into Super Sonic, but of different colors depending on which Emerald you had achieved last.

Something like this:
final.jpg

I always thought that was cool, but I never found a Sonic 3 game to do it, much less I found people commenting on it.

Not only that but when I put the Cartridge on my Mega Drive I saw the Saves of other people who had played, and they all had these Colored Super Sonics.

So maybe you can help me, have you seen something like that somewhere?

D

Deleted member

Unfortunately I can't see a bright future to Fire Emblem.
I think it's doomed to be a dating sim, after Awakening success.
I know a lot of people who rathers this kind of stuff than actual gameplay, it's a shame.
Radiant Dawn and Path of Radiance are two games I'm still very fond of.
Even in FE Echoes, that seems to be very better, they did what they could to increase the side characters relevance and assist stuff.
Just be glad that Fire Emblem isn't a pachinko or a complete lootbox fest.

At least the franchise isn't completely destroyed like Metal Gear is.

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
I've been planning to finally get into Fire Emblem so I can hop on the Three Houses hype bandwagon.
Any suggestions on which Fire Emblem game I should start with?

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I've been planning to finally get into Fire Emblem so I can hop on the Three Houses hype bandwagon.
i'll be the guy who says awakening, because the kid stuff is integral to the plot instead of shoehorned in like fates and the story is basic but makes sense

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Awakening is a good place to start as is Fire Emblem (GBA) though the latter only if you have a WiiU.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Awakening. Unlike fandom's sacred cows like Radiant Dawn, it's pretty beginner friendly, and it's a decent game in pretty much every way.

D

Deleted member

I wonder if it's a bad idea to start out with TH lol

Well you only live once

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Awakening.

It's the easiest to get into for beginners and introduces you to the general concept of a tactical grid-based RPG well. It's more straightforward and hand-hold-y than other FE games but that's kind of the point.

Though people who hate Awakening will likely disagree with me and say Shadow Dragon or Blazing Blade (which is just called "Fire Emblem" in the West). Just don't start with Fates. Pick anything other than that one.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
In order of which I think newbies should start with...

"FE Blazing Blade contains a mini-campaign which functions as the tutorial with future campaigns offering a more decent challenge.

FE Path of Radiance is a relatively easy game that rewards speed and efficiency with bonus XP

FE Sacred Stones is relatively easy and also has the world map from which to spend gold and grind on.

FE Awakening is very easy with neat exploitable mechanics with the opportunity to grind and a no-death option.

FE Fates: Birthright is the same except you also get a impossible to lose option."

In order of my most recommended to least recommended for newbies.

My advice is they're all good to start at except for Gaiden/Shadows of Valentia because those use unique mechanics that are scrapped and never used before or since.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
While I'm not the most experienced with Fire Emblem, I'd say Awakening. It, along with Fates, made it so permanent death wasn't an option (you choose whether or not you want it on when you start the game), which makes the game much more accessible for newcomers compared to other games in the series. (I avoided the series up to that point because I didn't want to have to keep restarting the map due to a key/powerful unit getting killed by a lucky crit from random horseman #3)

Plus you're already familiar with the three main characters through Smash, I assume (Chrom, Robin, and Lucina), which should make it easier to jump into.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Quick Question

Which of these three scenarios do you think will happen on tomorrow's Direct?

A. Joker gameplay shown
B. A Three Houses Character is announced for Smash DLC
C. Other character reveal (Possibly "Brave")

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Hey Noipoi Noipoi we've got a new member in our little corner of the internet.

And he's a Corrin fan, it seems!

D

Deleted member

Awakening and Sacred Stones are, imo, the best FE games to start since they're so lax with leveling and permadeath in the case of the former.
Blazing Sword is a great game and easy to emulate and it should be the second or third game anyone plays in the series after getting used to the basics.

D

Deleted member

Quick Question

A. Joker gameplay shown
A but C has a high Possibility of happening in my opinion.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Quick Question

A. Joker gameplay shown
A and maybe C...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom