• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
And to this day, I don't get the groans over Erdrick :yoshi:
Not requested.

Not a fan favorite in a majority of the world.

From a company with world wide icons not yet in Smash like Sora, Lara Croft, other Final Fantasy characters, etc, etc.

From a company with a Smash fan favorite like Geno.

People have a right to groan about Erdrick if he's real. He's pretty much just ignoring half the world and a bunch of fan requests in favor of ''YAY JAPAN!"

Shroob

Sup?
Not requested.

Not a fan favorite in a majority of the world.

From a company with world wide icons not yet in Smash like Sora, Lara Croft, other Final Fantasy characters, etc, etc.

From a company with a Smash fan favorite like Geno.

People have a right to groan about Erdrick if he's real. He's pretty much just ignoring half the world and a bunch of fan requests in favor of ''YAY JAPAN!"
I mean, is that really something to be surprised about though?

Lemme put it this way:

As someone who is waist deep in gacha game ****, the home company in Japan?

They don't give a damn about us. We're the secondary market to them, while Japan is considered the primary market.

I don't know what Nintendo's worldview is, but it wouldn't surprise me if a Japanese company put its Japanese audience first and foremost.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
apparently some murmurings on resetera of a bravely collection for switch? like i think erdrick's a done thing now but i'd still be glad if a new audience got to play these games after octopath

Shroob

Sup?
Like, I get it, but at the end of the day, Nintendo is based in Japan, and if Nintendo, not Sakurai, picked the DLC choices, then, no **** a Japanese person is going to pick a character that appeals to a Japanese market.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Like, I get it, but at the end of the day, Nintendo is based in Japan, and if Nintendo, not Sakurai, picked the DLC choices, then, no **** a Japanese person is going to pick a character that appeals to a Japanese market.
Reality is, a lot more Japanese picks happen over Western picks due to it being a Japanese company. It's not that odd, really.

Shroob

Sup?
Also, Vergeben's gone all in on Erdrick?

Well, that's definitely interesting, to say the least. He's danced around it for the longest time, I wonder what he must have heard to finally make him double down on it.

Regardless, I'll remain skeptical until I see it.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Also, Vergeben's gone all in on Erdrick?

Well, that's definitely interesting, to say the least. He's danced around it for the longest time, I wonder what he must have heard to finally make him double down on it.

Regardless, I'll remain skeptical until I see it.
From what I read, his main source was saying it now. That seemed to be the kicker.

Shroob

Sup?
From what I read, his main source was saying it now. That seemed to be the kicker.
Interesting. From what I understand, his main source has been completely good about everything so far, so, I'm....really hesitant to say it's not Erdrick at this point, but of course, I can't believe it until there's actual proof.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
When a lot of people say "the rest of the world doesn't care about Dragon Quest" what they usually should be saying is "I don't care about Dragon Quest".

If you don't care about Erdrick, that's cool. I don't really care about him either. But it's not like Dragon Quest is entirely unheard of here in the west or anything. It's a little on the niche side here but still a big enough name, and it's certainly not as niche as Earthbound.

Besides there's a ton of irony in "most people don't actually care DQ, pick Geno instead!"

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
from what i understand, his main source is also the one that has access to directs themselves - his pre-november predictions of Isaac being an assist trophy came from the same one

Shroob

Sup?
from what i understand, his main source is also the one that has access to directs themselves - his pre-november predictions of Isaac being an assist trophy came from the same one
.....that's........oof if that's correct then yes, it's Erdrick.

Hard to deny that if it's from the same source.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
.....that's........oof if that's correct then yes, it's Erdrick.

Hard to deny that if it's from the same source.
i think the more interesting implication is that we might be about to get an erdrick reveal

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
So there's a good chance we could see Erdrick tomorrow as well. Interesting. Thanks for that information. Though he did say Erdrick might not be tomorrow as well. The other stuff seems highly likely due to this. I don't remember every detail, but I do remember Star Fox Grand Prix, and I think Pikmin 4?

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I mean, is that really something to be surprised about though?

Lemme put it this way:

As someone who is waist deep in gacha game ****, the home company in Japan?

They don't give a damn about us. We're the secondary market to them, while Japan is considered the primary market.

I don't know what Nintendo's worldview is, but it wouldn't surprise me if a Japanese company put its Japanese audience first and foremost.
I'm just gonna say that without NA, half of Nintendo's properties would be dead at this point, assuming they would even be in business anymore.

Nintendo can be a little biased with their home country just like any other company would be, but trust me when I say that they'll go out of their way to appeal to NA fans if they think it'll create a respectable amount of cash. Doesn't mean we won't get five characters who originated in Japan as DLC, but I'm sure they didn't all sit down with the mindset that they could add literally any popular Japanese character without their sales being effected overseas. Obviously they would still want to choose someone who a decent chunk of NA fans could identify.

Shroob

Sup?
i think the more interesting implication is that we might be about to get an erdrick reveal
I mean, I figured Brave was going to be shown off tomorrow anyway.

If this is the only General Direct we're going to get between now and E3, it'd be really weird knowing that Joker and Brave are so close together in development, yet one would be saved for E3.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
So there's a good chance we could see Erdrick tomorrow as well. Interesting. Thanks for that information. Though he did say Erdrick might not be tomorrow as well. The other stuff seems highly likely due to this. I don't remember every detail, but I do remember Star Fox Grand Prix, and I think Pikmin 4?
he also mentioned mario maker 2 (long overdue), though i think wasn't sure on when it's getting revealed

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I mean, I figured Brave was going to be shown off tomorrow anyway.

If this is the only General Direct we're going to get between now and E3, it'd be really weird knowing that Joker and Brave are so close together in development, yet one would be saved for E3.
still standing by my theory that both erdrick and joker are at equal stages in development but joker was seen as a more widely-recognizable pick for a TGA reveal; it'd only make sense with how many insiders were convinced that the SE rep would be first

D

Deleted member

Never played a DQ game, so I still haven’t the slightest as to who Edrick is.
I’m fine with him in though, just no chibi lad design please.

Shroob

Sup?
still standing by my theory that both erdrick and joker are at equal stages in development but joker was seen as a more widely-recognizable pick for a TGA reveal; it'd only make sense with how many insiders were convinced that the SE rep would be first
I don't think that's just your theory, from my own browsing of the dark side and my own very flimsy connections which is how I received my info, that's exactly what happened.

Hell, there's talks that I've heard that the two may be released either together, or VERY close to one another.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Hell, there's talks that I've heard that the two may be released either together, or VERY close to one another.
they managed the same with bayonetta and corrin, so it wouldn't surprise me one bit

Shroob

Sup?
So, what's the current state of the Square thread?

I've honestly never been there. I like it here where it's cozy.

Cristaran

Smash Journeyman
If Erdrick does get in, he is gonna be fun to play, im sure of it. But i just want some official 2hus on switch. That and Reimu/Marisa getting in.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
So, what's the current state of the Square thread?

I've honestly never been there. I like it here where it's cozy.
seems fairly quiet, i think any confirmation of erdrick at this point is "yeah no ****"

D

Deleted member

So...... off-topic, but this long without Yoshi doesn't sit well with me...

His sprite in Super Mario Kart is slightly fatter in the US version :yoshi:
They made it so that Yoshi’s appearance would be more familiar for those playing in the USA.
:troll:

Shroob

Sup?
Let's just get tomorrow over with.

If it IS Erdrick, let's all try our hardest to pretend to be surprised for the nice Mr.Sakurai.

And let's hope to god we get gameplay and RENDERS of both. I've been dying to see Joker's render and hope we don't gotta wait x amount of months for Brave's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom