• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
This is why I just want to know every Fighter right away. I’m sick of fighting with people on the internet over Character inclusions. In any fighting game.
Then don't fight?

Agumon, Banjo-Kazooie, Byleth/Edelgard, Geno, Erdrick, Sora.

Anyone else I'm missing who could be "Brave"?
Literally any video game character.

But it's a Dragon Quest protag.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
While I do think it's good for people to keep expectations low, there's 2 problems here.
1: 'reasonable' is entirely subjective and influenced by bias of whoever's using the term
2: This is purely hypothetical yet SnakeFighter's getting shot down with "Nuh uh not realistic", meaning her suggestion is immediately shot down without anyone really thinking about it, which was the reason she brought it up. This is the same issue with other characters in the Smash bubble "Hey wouldn't X be cool?" "Nope, not going to happen, Y's likelier"
I think when it comes to 'reasonable' here, I'm coming from, "Until it happens, keep expectations for a Western 3rd party minimal".

It could definitely happen, but I'm not convinced it 'will' happen yet.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
What I meant to get across is that I don’t know how hard they are to negotiate with involving stuff outside their domain. Dimensions was published by WB Games so that was something they were more heavily invested
I'm pretty sure joining in the biggest video game crossover in history is something they'd be invested is, especially if it's people paying WB to promote WB stuff

Nobody unless they are specifically called Brave/Yuusha. We need to stop this meme

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
What I meant to get across is that I don’t know how hard they are to negotiate with involving stuff outside their domain. Dimensions was published by WB Games so that was something they were more heavily invested
Yeah but I think what Cutie Gwen and Snakefighter64 are saying is that there's no evidence that they're actually hard to negotiate with.

None of us know anything about how likely companies are to negotiate allowing another company to use their character in their own product because we aren't privy to those talks and every individual situation and negotiation is different. Making assumptions isn't wise.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You alright bud?
I’m fine. Just, irked. And tired.

Then don't fight?

Literally any video game character.

But it's a Dragon Quest protag.
I just want speculation to be more like “Character is brought up, oh they would be cool, oh I don’t know who they are, what do they do, they do x, oh that’s cool, eh not for me but sounds cool” instead of “character is brought up, that’s completely impossible, they’d never do that ever, here’s why, it’s gonna he X, your an idiot for thinking otherwise”

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I’m fine. Just, irked.

I just want speculation to be more like “Character is brought up, oh they would be cool, oh I don’t know who they are, what do they do, they do x, oh that’s cool, eh not for me but sounds cool” instead of “character is brought up, that’s completely impossible, they’d never do that ever, here’s why, it’s gonna he X, your an idiot for thinking otherwise”
I mean, no one's calling you an idiot for starters.

Just, the Smash community is pretty brutal when it comes to speculation.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

JILL GODDAMN VALENTINE

Why don't you go into a scary *** mansion full of zombies and giant snakes and a freaking undead great white shark and tell me how brave you are.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Not that I disagree, but I think you are taking this a bit too personally.

That being said, some characters are literally implausible and I think people have right to point that out.

Shroob

Sup?
IDK. I think every argument on the internet just subliminally projects that message.

Can we make the community take one giant chill pill.
Definitely not happening.

If you think this is rough, you should have been here during peak Box Theory wars in October. People got banned due to how heated things got.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Definitely not happening.

If you think this is rough, you should have been here during peak Box Theory wars in October. People got banned due to how heated things got.
Wow. Just. Wow.

Like, I just care here to talk about video games. Not get into life or death shouting matches.

Y’all think we take this a little too seriously?

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Watch we get Chris Redfield, Leon Kennedy or Nemesis instead. :p
I'd be ecstatic for any RE character, and Chris is actually my favorite.

But I push for Jill because A) she's more recognizable and nostalgic, and B) she's been criminally underused and I miss her. Post-RE5 it's been all Chris and Leon with minor appearances by Claire, Barry and Rebecca. Where the **** is Jill.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'd be ecstatic for any RE character, and Chris is actually my favorite.

But I push for Jill because A) she's more recognizable and nostalgic, and B) she's been criminally underused and I miss her. Post-RE5 it's been all Chris and Leon with minor appearances by Claire, Barry and Rebecca. Where the **** is Jill.
Seriously. Marvel vs Capcom Infinite should have ditched Chris and gone with Jill.

Polan

Smash Lord
Of course they're made up, but at the same time, we shouldn't shoot for the stars, because we'll just crash and burn.

For instance, the entirety of the Geno fanbase.

I like to keep speculation 'reasonable' down to realistic levels, that way when something happens that defies my expectations, I'm shocked, surprised and excited.
i don't consider geno "shooting for the stars" material but sure. either way, it's annoying seeing the community trotting out their made-up rules and misinformed arguments as iron-clad reasons for why someone won't get in. like look at the "WB will not work with nintendo" argument that's being brought up as a counter to scorpion getting in even though nintendo has collaborated with them before.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Wow. Just. Wow.

Like, I just care here to talk about video games. Not get into life or death shouting matches.

Y’all think we take this a little too seriously?
I think someone's taking it a little too seriously. I'm just having fun debating.

How emotionally deep you get into a debate is of your own volition.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If we get a RE character in Smash, Jill is easily my choice. She's my favorite one, and her explosions are fun.

> TFW I'm probably the only one here who has played the Resident Evil Card Game

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Oooh an MK convo. Lemme get in on this.

I really don’t think Scorpion and Sub-Zero could be echoes. At all. This is coming from someone who absolutely adores MK. Without a doubt my favorite western franchise, and non-Smash fighting game of choice. MK in Smash is probably my biggest want right now. But these two characters have very distinct fighting styles. At best, you could maybe make semi clones out of them. Perhaps sharing basic attacks, with completely unique specials. But they would need the unique specials. You can’t have Scorpion without the spear. You can’t have Sub-Zero without the iceball. And you can’t just mix them together and call that justice to the characters. If you wanna go that route, just add MK1 Reptile:p

As far as which one they should add...I think Scorpion. He is just ever so slightly more iconic, and has the more memorable move and catch phrase. Although, I personally like Sub more and would love to have a truly ice based fighter in Smash... It would be great to have both. But definitely not as echoes. Unique fighters, semi-clones, or bust.

Shroob

Sup?
i don't consider geno "shooting for the stars" material but sure. either way, it's annoying seeing the community trotting out their made-up rules and misinformed arguments as iron-clad reasons for why someone won't get in. like look at the "WB will not work with nintendo" argument that's being brought up as a counter to scorpion getting in even though nintendo has collaborated with them before.
I mean, I wasn't even arguing that point, my stance is I just don't think we 'will' get a Western 3rd party rep, and if we do, it'll be someone from Microsoft or Bethesda(Doom Marine).

That's how I work, at least. Don't expect something so when it happens, you're excited. Expecting things makes things boring. Look at Erdrick right now for example. EVERYONE(not you Stained) is expecting him, so when he gets revealed, it's not going to be a "HOLY ****!" moment, it's going to be a "Oh, finally got that revealed."

D

Deleted member

JILL GODDAMN VALENTINE

Why don't you go into a scary *** mansion full of zombies and giant snakes and a freaking undead great white shark and tell me how brave you are.
She is pretty brave but...Why would she be slightly shorter than Mario? She would at least be Link's height based on the gif you just posted.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
If we get a RE rep, I'd rather have Nemesis, ain't even sorry.

That thing is built for Smash.
You know what I love about Nemesis?

Wesker is the big bad of RE because he's been plotting in the backround of like six games and has superhuman powers and all that. Cool. But Nemesis? He's a single-minded, invulnerable freight truck that makes you feel unsafe even when he's not on screen, because he doesn't play by the rules of every other enemy in the game. He can burst through a wall of a skinny hallway when you're not prepared. He can enter a save room that you'd previously been taught was safe. He doesn't let you feel empowered at basically any point of the game.

****in' best RE villain in terms of accomplishing the goal of being scary.

Shroob

Sup?
You know what I love about Nemesis?

Wesker is the big bad of RE because he's been plotting in the backround of like six games and has superhuman powers and all that. Cool. But Nemesis? He's a single-minded, invulnerable freight truck that makes you feel unsafe even when he's not on screen, because he doesn't play by the rules of every other enemy in the game. He can burst through a wall of a skinny hallway when you're not prepared. He can enter a save room that you'd previously been taught was safe. He doesn't let you feel empowered at basically any point of the game.

****in' best RE villain in terms of accomplishing the goal of being scary.
Granted, I don't like Wesker. He kinda was...really ****ing stupid in 5 and his complete.global.saturation is such a meme.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean, I wasn't even arguing that point, my stance is I just don't think we 'will' get a Western 3rd party rep, and if we do, it'll be someone from Microsoft or Bethesda(Doom Marine).

That's how I work, at least. Don't expect something so when it happens, you're excited. Expecting things makes things boring. Look at Erdrick right now for example. EVERYONE(not you Stained) is expecting him, so when he gets revealed, it's not going to be a "HOLY ****!" moment, it's going to be a "Oh, finally got that revealed."
I mean. If I knew exactly then I could start looking into him, learning about him, and getting hyped. But I don’t. Expecting no one is boring. But expecting the wrong things leads to disappointment. I just want to know who it is before the reveal. That way I can be excited for what i’m Actually getting instead of what I never will, or not getting excited at all.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
If we get a RE character in Smash, Jill is easily my choice. She's my favorite one, and her explosions are fun.

> TFW I'm probably the only one here who has played the Resident Evil Card Game
***** me too. I have the base box and four expansions.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If we get a RE rep, I'd rather have Nemesis, ain't even sorry.

That thing is built for Smash.
Same. Nemesis would be a pretty wicked addition. Imagine the moveset potential, special moves and Final Smash which I'd assume would be his final form.

Not too knowledgeable with Resident Evil but I'd presume his Neutral B would be his Rocket Launcher.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
If we get a Resident Hill character, I want Tyrant Pyramid Head.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Of course, I also don't see Nemesis getting in over Chris/Jill first.

That'd be like if Bowser got into 64 over Mario, Smash usually prioritizes the Heros first before the villains.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Granted, I don't like Wesker. He kinda was...really ****ing stupid in 5 and his complete.global.saturation is such a meme.
Yes but memes are great. I appreciate RE for its cheese, not despite it. I can quote every damn thing D.C. Douglas says in that game from memory.

Plus, Wesker has other badass moments. Like in Code Veronica.

"I don't know where you get your confidence, Chris." Proceeds to take multiple blows with an iron pipe without any effort to resist it.

There's also that time he just ****ing shot Rebecca to make Chris move.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Of course, I also don't see Nemesis getting in over Chris/Jill first.

That'd be like if Bowser got into 64 over Mario, Smash usually prioritizes the Heros first before the villains.
I always just assumed he was like how Pyramid Head is for Silent Hill or Big Daddy for BioShock hence his inclusion in PSASBR. I guess not then.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Oooh an MK convo. Lemme get in on this.

I really don’t think Scorpion and Sub-Zero could be echoes. At all. This is coming from someone who absolutely adores MK. Without a doubt my favorite western franchise, and non-Smash fighting game of choice. MK in Smash is probably my biggest want right now. But these two characters have very distinct fighting styles. At best, you could maybe make semi clones out of them. Perhaps sharing basic attacks, with completely unique specials. But they would need the unique specials. You can’t have Scorpion without the spear. You can’t have Sub-Zero without the iceball. And you can’t just mix them together and call that justice to the characters. If you wanna go that route, just add MK1 Reptile:p

As far as which one they should add...I think Scorpion. He is just ever so slightly more iconic, and has the more memorable move and catch phrase. Although, I personally like Sub more and would love to have a truly ice based fighter in Smash... It would be great to have both. But definitely not as echoes. Unique fighters, semi-clones, or bust.
It’s Scorpion or bust for me. Yeah, Sub and Raiden are cool but Scorpion is both the face of MK and of Netherealm. There’s a reason why he was the first MK character in Injustice.

I do agree that Sub and Scorpion can’t work as Echoes. Even considering that is silly in my opinion and anyone who does obviously doesn’t even know the basics of MK.

I do like the idea of a Sub-Zero Palette Swap that borrows heavily from the character. It’s been a day since I checked up MK11 news...time to go check.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
She is pretty brave but...Why would she be slightly shorter than Mario? She would at least be Link's height based on the gif you just posted.
Mostly I'm just posting for fun because Resident Evil is my favorite series and ever since ****ing goddamn Cloud got in I've expected Resident Evil representation.

But also the data they got was a placeholder and we don't know for 100% certainty that those are remotely close to the final values. It's reasonable to assume, but not an absolute fact. So while I'm mostly boasting in conjecture, I do have a tiny bit of legitimate hope. It's good to hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom