• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I was once like you, you know.
I had thought that **** mean smash, or possibly even kill.

but no. I've learned. I've evolved.
The meaning of that **** 9S was told is that there is no meaning. Or rather, it is everything and nothing.

For you see, "You're thinking about how much you want to **** 2B, aren't you?" isn't meant to be interpreted literally. It's meant to be figurative.
The deeper meaning behind this is that Adam wasn't just saying that. Adam was saying "You're thinking about 2B, aren't you?" because that's all 9S could think about. The **** is meant to be a placeholder for anything. Hug, fight, smash, brawl, go out to dinner with.
Because 9S didn't care what it was he was doing. As long as 2B was there.

but yeah, i want to smash 2B. or rather, use 2B to smash. smash plants, jokers, and batmen.
I was just substituting "play" for the asterisks instead of love, kill, hate or ****, but yes. All that.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Might as well post a cool track before I step away from the thread for a bit.

Well, here's to hoping some cool stuff gets shown off.

osby

Smash Obsessed
But King Crimson erased the time from this week's episode to episode 1 of SBR
I love Brokeback Mountain with Stands as much as every other guy but if I don't get animated FF before it, we're going to have a problem.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Unless his spear's seen as too violent or something. But like I said before, Sub-Zero's strictly my preference between the two.
They could do him AND Sub-Zero. I mean. We have Ryu AND Ken. The two could work as echoes of each other. Both use swords (Scorpions are real, Sub-Zeroes are Ice) their normals could conceivably be similar enough. Then we get the specials (Fireball/Iceball, Spear/Ice Slide, Uppercut, and Down perry telepor/Ice Clone)

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
They could do him AND Sub-Zero. I mean. We have Ryu AND Ken. The two could work as echoes of each other. Both use swords (Scorpions are real, Sub-Zeroes are Ice) their normals could conceivably be similar enough. Then we get the specials (Fireball/Iceball, Spear/Ice Slide, Uppercut, and Down perry teleport)
Dunno, I think we won't get any echo fighters as DLC. Every pack only has one fighter.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Unless his spear's seen as too violent or something. But like I said before, Sub-Zero's strictly my preference between the two.
>Violent debate again.

:ultbayonetta::ultridley::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultsnake:

Ridley's tail pierce alone makes that argument moot. If they can manage to keep that toned down. They can do the same for Scorpion.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
They could do him AND Sub-Zero. I mean. We have Ryu AND Ken. The two could work as echoes of each other. Both use swords (Scorpions are real, Sub-Zeroes are Ice) their normals could conceivably be similar enough. Then we get the specials (Fireball/Iceball, Spear/Ice Slide, Uppercut, and Down perry teleport)
Just because they look similar and have the same heights, weights and dimensions they can't be echoes because they have totally different abilities.

One uses hellfire abilities the other has ice manipulation.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
We have the Hookshot. Scorpion's spear can be akin to that. The only violent part is the fact it spills blood. And you can have blood disabled in some games.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I've been playing RE3 tonight to hype myself up for Jill tomorrow.

I mean, I know she's not going to be announced tomorrow, but **** you she's going to be announced tomorrow.

I'm in my own little world get out.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm gonna miss his taking off his face and breathing fire on someone until they're just bones.
Ridley was rather brutal in the manga. He burnt Samus' mother alive and even ate the bodies of his victims he killed in order to regenerate.

They don't call Ridley among Nintendo's most evil and sadistic villains for nothing.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Just because they look similar and have the same heights, weights and dimensions they can't be echoes because they have totally different abilities.

One uses hellfire abilities the other has ice manipulation.
I’d agree with you, if their special moves in the series weren’t extremely similar. Smash moves don’t really have lasting fire/freeze properties. It could work.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I’d agree with you, if their special moves in the series weren’t extremely similar. Smash moves don’t really have lasting fire/freeze properties. It could work.
Freezing is a thing though. Unlike burning, it's not just an effect.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Scorpion for Smash. Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter
I'd rather not. I don't feel Mortal Kombat could be properly represented in a E10 rated game and its virtual lack of exposure in Japan in general. I'd rather have a series that has worldwide appeal get the DLC spots.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
:ultmarth::ultlucina: Same abilities
:ultpeach::ultdaisy: Same abilities
:ultpit::ultdarkpit: Same abilities
:ultroy::ultchrom: Same abilities
:ultryu::ultken: Same abilities
:ultsamus::ultdarksamus: Same abilities
:ultsimon::ultrichter: Same abilities
Scorpion and Sub-Zero Different abilities

Nope still can't.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Dunno, I think we won't get any echo fighters as DLC. Every pack only has one fighter.
I mean... they could drop a surprise echo w/ a 3rd party reveal if they wanted to. They said than none of the 5 characters were echoes, but they could go the extra mile and add an additional echo of one of the 5 DLC characters.

I mean... I highly doubt it'll happen, but it could be a nice surprise.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You’re frozen for like a split second and then you break out. It’s not like other fighting games.
Freezing lasts longer depending upon your current percentage. So you can be frozen for quite a while. It can even send you into a Star KO. It's vastly different from the Fireball-style moves.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
:ultmarth::ultlucina: Same abilities
:ultpeach::ultdaisy: Same abilities
:ultpit::ultdarkpit: Same abilities
:ultroy::ultchrom: Same abilities
:ultryu::ultken: Same abilities
:ultsamus::ultdarksamus: Same abilities
:ultsimon::ultrichter: Same abilities
Scorpion and Sub-Zero Different abilities

Nope still can't.
Their ABILITIES are different. But their MOVES are similar enough to warrant an echo. It’s the difference between a fire effect and a freeze effect on contact.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Alright, I gotta head to bed. Gotta wake up bright and early for the direct!

I usually like to watch the whole thing and then post here, so you'll see me after the show. Have fun, everybody!

buh bye.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom