• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Now I'm curious, how does one exactly lose a source code?
pffft

how tf you do that
I've got no idea, I just remember that was why. Initially, it wasn't as well-received as the others, so they probably just let it be forgotten. VII was likely guarded like it came from the Ark of the Covenant, and IX probably just got lucky lol since all three of them were from the PS1 era. PS2 and beyond it was probably easy enough to retrieve (and X was well-received along with XII).

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Honestly, making predictions for the DLC is HARD. I've mainly been trying to do process of elimination as to who I think WON'T get in just to make things slightly easier, but it's hard to even predict that.

What's your guys picks for who you think pretty much doesn't have a chance?
Characters that don’t have a shot at this point?

-Literally anyone that’s a Spirit
-Spyro
-An Indie character besides Steve
-Porky
-Sylux
-Adeline
-Poochy
-Crono
-Any FF character

Shroob

Sup?
You know it.

Oh yes, I love a spooky image of someone with a hole through their head.

Jokes aside, how is tjhat creppy?
Because there's nothing in the game that is leading up to this moment, and then bam, suddenly Squall with a black void for a face flashes on screen for like several seconds at a time.

It's like the game suddenly was possessed for a brief moment.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

-Spyro
-Porky
-Sylux
-Adeline
-Poochy
-Crono
-Any FF character
All of them actually have a shot.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I've got no idea, I just remember that was why. Initially, it wasn't as well-received as the others, so they probably just let it be forgotten. VII was likely guarded like it came from the Ark of the Covenant, and IX probably just got lucky lol since all three of them were from the PS1 era. PS2 and beyond it was probably easy enough to retrieve (and X was well-received along with XII).
tbh i'd buy a FFVIII remastered, give it the castlevania adventure wiiware treatment

that gun sword made everyone cream, love or hate the game

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
inb4 Joker is released thursday to "steal our hearts".

honestly that's my biggest hope for the direct at this point, it just all seems so perfect

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Probably in a minority, but now that we're done with 3DS news in Directs, I hope that next in line to be chopped will be Wii U ports.

Honestly, I don't see any reason to have Pikmin 3, where we supposedly also have Pikmin 4. Mario Maker, if anything, should have a sequel, instead of it's own "Deluxe" version.

Just focus on the new games while getting the legacy content that people would be way more interested in, such as building that virtual console.
If sales are to be believed, there are plenty of people interested in Wii U ports. Captain Toad, DKC:TF and Pokken have all broken a million in sales with SMBWU projected to be the next. Oh and MK8 is still the best selling Switch game.

Personally, I'm not, because I bought all these games on Wii U and my Wii U is still hooked up, but there are a lot of Switch owners who didn't, and they're quality experiences. If it means Nintendo can pump out more games with less effort, I think porting everything from their overlooked console is a great idea.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

-Spyro
-Porky
-Sylux
-Adeline
-Poochy
-Crono
-Any FF character

inb4 Joker is released thursday to "steal our hearts".

honestly that's my biggest hope for the direct at this point, it just all seems so perfect
seems a bit rushed if you ask me

Shroob

Sup?
inb4 Joker is released thursday to steal our hearts.

I'd be down for Joker being announced this month for release, and considering all prior DLC reveals in regards to Smash we've never had a long time to wait, but doesn't it seem like they'd have saved the 2.0 update to coincide with Joker if it were coming this month?

Could be wrong, and Smash is notorious for having very short wait periods for DLC fighters, so who knows.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Iridium

Smash Hero

A head scratcher, but one of my pipe dream characters.

Well **** he’s #72 isn’t he?
All this time I've been talking about him, and now they show up...

I wonder if Paws on Fire won't suck, but I also won't get my hopes up.

D

Deleted member

I get you guys are just day dreaming but Joker being released this month is not happening in any possible timeline.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
The same people that made this.
Parasite Eve is my favorite game I've played on Vita.

Yes I know it's not a Vita game but we weren't a Sony household so I was late to the game.

D

Deleted member

If sales are to be believed, there are plenty of people interested in Wii U ports. Captain Toad, DKC:TF and Pokken have all broken a million in sales with SMBWU projected to be the next. Oh and MK8 is still the best selling Switch game.

Personally, I'm not, because I bought all these games on Wii U and my Wii U is still hooked up, but there are a lot of Switch owners who didn't, and they're quality experiences. If it means Nintendo can pump out more games with less effort, I think porting everything from their overlooked console is a great idea.
Don't get me wrong, I know they sell well. What my point was is to ramp up the production of new games, rather than relying on a port to be your main highlight of that month. I mean, there's a reason why some people will still call the Switch a port machine. I just don't think there's any more games to port, if Mario Maker is getting a sequel and that's that.

Monolith Soft already shot down any hopes for a Xenoblade X port, porting over Tokyo Mirage Sessions would only appease a very niche audience, I don't think there's really anything left after Mario Maker 2.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Okay, real talk? Bubsy's not gonna be guns blazing for an M.

I bet he's gonna go bootleg Conker on us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom