• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

it's banned because why have it? we have all these stages now, to the point where we get to decide which are legal and which aren't rather than settling. There is no point in legalizing halberd when we have so many better stages for competitive play
"There's too much game in this game. Let's ban some for no good reason because we gotta have both Smashville AND Town and City"

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'll give the Grinch Leak this:

It taught us to keep our expectations at a controllable level, and it gave my precious Chorus Kids, more time in the spotlight.

Seriously though, do you know how infuriating it is for your character to be involved in the major rumor of Smash speculation, twice, and still has not gotten in?
Rhythm Heaven got robbed two Smashes in a row.

D

Deleted member

1. Fair
2. Regardless of how long it is, walk-off stages are a big no-no for competitive Smash stages.
If it didn't have that section, it might actually be considered for competitive play.
But since it does, you're not gonna see it unless it's in Battlefield or Omega form.
Whoever is banning stages for second long walk offs must think us players are trash or something. No way someone's getting 0 to deathed in half a second. I said I wanted a GOOD reason.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
"There's too much game in this game. Let's ban some for no good reason because we gotta have both Smashville AND Town and City"
You don't seem to comprehend that we would have TOO many stages if every viable stage was legal. It has literally nothing to do with smashville and t&c.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yeah, the semi-soft platforms giving unfair camping advantage to characters like Meta Knight seems to be the main reason Halberd, Skyloft, and Wuhu Island are banned, according to the competitive threads.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Isn't sharking a huge issue on Halberd as well?
Yeah, but the same can be said for Skyloft as well. And that is legal in some tourneys.

The only real problem w/ Halberd is that walk-off section in the beginning.

So as much as I do like that stage, it's not suited for competitive play, especially since we got a lot of stages that are suited for competitive play.

D

Deleted member

Rhythm Heaven got robbed two Smashes in a row.
Truer words have never been Spoken. Chorus Kids/A Rhythm Heaven rep would've been super unique and Chorus Kids/Whoever would've also been from an ongoing series that while Ongoing would still like some exposure which Smash would've been great for. Chorus Kids in Smash 6 and Mach Rider as the next Retro rep Please Nintendo.

D

Deleted member

You don't seem to comprehend that we would have TOO many stages if every viable stage was legal. It has literally nothing to do with smashville and t&c.
That seems like a great problem to have. Can't we rotate out the stagelist every once in a while to keep things from getting stale? Smash is evolving, and we need to evolve with it.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
That is severely limiting the game. This game will soon be dead if we ban it for reasons as dumb as that.
the game will soon be dead? even with banning half of the viable stages, we still have way more tourney stages in this game than in any other, sans PM.

Halberd is banned for many reasons. If you would like a list, I can provide you with one, but the only reason it was ever legal was because brawl had a pitiful selection of stages

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'm kinda confused about Halberd's walk-off making it illegal, though; I don't see anyone dunking their opponent off the stage in the short time it's there, if it wasn't there...

Unless them being able to meteor smash their opponent against the ground is the problem for some reason...?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That being said though, it just makes me shake my head when the competitive community wants to ban Castle Siege and WarioWare because it hurts their specific character archetypes...you know, which is what a counterpick is in the first place.

D

Deleted member

Ok you have fun when Ness gets kills at 30% with back throw
On a 3 second walk off..

IM NOT GIVING UP ON THIS ARGUMENT. YOU'LL SEE. YOU'LL AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL SEE.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I don’t understand how Sakurai and the team are looking for creativity in a character’s moveset when they’ve been neglecting Rhythm Heaven for two games already when everything about that game would just scream uniqueness.

Like seriously, not only it is a new franchise but people actually are requesting a RH character, I mean come on.:facepalm:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That is severely limiting the game. This game will soon be dead if we ban it for reasons as dumb as that.
Lol no Smash game has ever died because of stagelist and I doubt they'll start now

Only time Smash games have died is because they either suck competitively (Brawl) or they've been directly succeeded (64 and Sm4sh)

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
That being said though, it just makes me shake my head when the competitive community wants to ban Castle Siege and WarioWare because it hurts their specific character archetypes...you know, which is what a counterpick is in the first place.
I'm pro castle siege but warioware is still iffy for me. things kill at ridiculous percents there, but the scene still has to lab it for now.

D

Deleted member

On a 3 second walk off..

IM NOT GIVING UP ON THIS ARGUMENT. YOU'LL SEE. YOU'LL AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL SEE.
3 seconds is easily enough it land Pk fire and Back throw I mean if you're good at the game

D

Deleted member

Lol no Smash game has ever died because of stagelist and I doubt they'll start now

Only time Smash games have died is because they either suck competitively (Brawl) or they've been directly succeeded (64 and Sm4sh)
I'm saying that if the game gets boring, people are gonna jump ship.

Have fun being infracted for spam/trolling then.
A small price to pay for salvation

D

Deleted member

Yeah I can agree with this. Those two stages are like the only somewhat likely ones that'll be legal that benefit heavies. Heavies need counterpicks too! Only thing is that they don't promote super degenerate play like Halberd or (to a lesser extent) Skyloft.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I'm kinda confused about Halberd's walk-off making it illegal, though; I don't see anyone dunking their opponent off the stage in the short time it's there, if it wasn't there...

Unless them being able to meteor smash their opponent against the ground is the problem for some reason...?
It's not so much being unable to meteor Smash as it is to just literally be able to walk off the stage and recovering being almost a non-factor during that period of time (I don't care how long that period of time is).

Keep in mind, Halberd is one my favorite Smash stages period. But it's not gonna be legal.

I am Pro Castle Siege and Warioware though. Despite how people constantly complain about the latter's blast zones.

Last edited:

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
So Halberd is illegal because
1. semi-soft stage. Can go right under and lends itself to campy gameplay.
2. other stages do its job a lot better
3. the blast zones are a little ridiculous
4. it was only legal before because we had no other options

look man if i had it my way, brinstar and rainbow cruise would be legal. But there's viable reasons for that not to be the case

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Melee's been around for a bit over 18 years now. I don't see people jumping ship from that anytime soon.
1. Not so sure about that last part
2. Years of research have told me that Melee's survival is due to nostalgia instead of the real game. Why do you think the Sm4sh players moved on? It's a different generation, chief.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
[CITATION NEEDED]
people who say this show that they have no understanding of melee's fundamentals, and are only disliking old game bc old.
I think he's meming. The "Years of Research" comes from the Salem controversy. :p

D

Deleted member

1. Not so sure about that last part
2. Years of research have told me that Melee's survival is due to nostalgia instead of the real game. Why do you think the Sm4sh players moved on? It's a different generation, chief.
Um if it's nostalgia why isn't smash 64 so big?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

This post was warned for bypassing the censor. Just allow the censor to do its job instead of doing your own censoring of the word:
I think he's meming. The "Years of Research" comes from the Salem controversy. :p
**** what anyone says. Snake is BETTER than Peach.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom