• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Welp... time to post my DLC wishlist... again.

1. Bandana Waddle Dee
2. Elma or. KOS-MOS
3. Anna or Edelgard
4. A Bravely Default rep
5. Joker (Either him or Banjo would've been on this list from the get-go).
there are at least half a dozen of us maybe

acceptable.png

D

Deleted member

The other night my uncle said if he caught me with a white girl he'd chop my **** off lol

Who says that? :laugh:
bro that's like almost word for word what my mom told me as a kid but if i was with a guy

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
My ideal DLC line up (mixed with some predictions) would be:

Season 1:
Joker (confirmed)
Erdrick (Prediction)
Banjo (Hopeful)
Steve (Prediction)
Rhythm Heaven rep/Chorus Kids/Karate Joe (Hopeful)

Bonus: Geno (Hopeful)

Season 2:
Isaac (Hopeful)
Waluigi (if Assists get upgrades then this boy is my #1 Prediction)
Skull Kid (Hopeful)
Shadow (Hopeful)
Mach Rider (Hopeful)

Bonus Character: Lloyd Irving (a Mix of Hopeful/Prediction)

That's twelve characters I know this will never happen but it would 1000% be my Ideal DLC line up right here.
Reminder that there's technically already 30 spots left open for DLC characters...

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
what's this now
PapaGenos said in a video that he heard something about Banjo, and with this IndieGamerChick person basically saying B-K will be in an N64 Classic and in Smash - as well as Microsoft seeming to want to put stuff on the Switch - it seems likely.

Here is a post with the info from IndieGamerChick; she seems to have a following and to have leaked stuff before so I assume she's credible, though she admitted she isn't always correct (which leakers usually aren't anyway so)/she's only 70% correct regarding all her leaks:

https://smashboards.com/threads/banjo-kazooie-project-dream.446558/page-241#post-23011426

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Disclaimer: This all reflects on my opinion.

Now then, as for the most boring, safe and disappointing line-up that probably happen?

1.Joker
2.Erdrick
3.Steve
4.Edelgard or Byleth
5.Gen 8 Pokemon
>Joker, Erdrick, and Steve
>Safe
  • Joker doesn't even have a worldwide appearance on Nintendo consoles at this point, and is more associated with Playstation than Nintendo as of right now. While Nintendo and Sega have a good relationship, Joker is not a safe pick.
  • Similar to Cloud pre-Sm4sh, Dragon Quest has NEVER been licensed out to another company. In collaborations and crossovers with Nintendo it's always been the opposite, with Nintendo licensing THEIR characters to Square Enix.
  • Steve is owned by a direct competitor to Nintendo. Sure, the two may have a good relationship currently due to Minecraft, but at the end of the day they're competing businesses going against each other.
>Disappointing
  • Did you see the reaction to Joker?
  • Dragon Quest, while not as popular in Japan, is a cultural phenomenon in Japan. The Japanese would freak out.
  • Minecraft is incredibly popular worldwide and is the second most-selling game of all time. Lots of people would be excited for Steve.
I'll give you Gen 8 Pokémon and Edelgard/Blyeth, but the above 3 are far from safe or disappointing.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Okay so DLC wants and the odds they'd actually happen (assuming we're not getting a season 2 of DLC)
1. Skull Kid. Very unlikely to happen at this point, unless he had an important role in the next Zelda game and they wanted to use him as promotion. Chances: Very unlikely.
2. Paper Mario. Always thought he was a sleeper pick - he usually does pretty well on fan polls (so probably did decently in the ballot) and is recongisable (it's ****ing Mario). HOWEVER, his series is kind of in the ****ter right now, and him being a spirit may or may not mean anything. Chances: Unlikely
3. Rayman. Ubisoft and Nintendo are all buddy-buddy, and the former certaintly wants him in. Plus there's Ubisoft making games with Mario and Star Fox in and the whole Rayman fake hoo hah a few years back. However, his spirit may or may not mean something. Also, don't think he's very well known in Japan. Chances: Medium
4. Master Hand. If this was the base game, and Sakurai was fully in charge of the picks, I'd rate him higher. But no, this is DLC. No quirky picks unless your name is Piranha Plant and you're being offered for free. Chances: Abysmal
5. Professor Layton: Well, he's not a Spirit. And that's about it. Chances: Unlikely

Wait that's five and we only have four spots left o no

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
>Safe
  • Joker doesn't even have a worldwide appearance on Nintendo consoles at this point, and is more associated with Playstation than Nintendo as of right now. While Nintendo and Sega have a good relationship, Joker is not a safe pick.
  • Similar to Cloud pre-Sm4sh, Dragon Quest has NEVER been licensed out to another company. In collaborations and crossovers with Nintendo it's always been the opposite, with Nintendo licensing THEIR characters to Square Enix.
  • Steve is owned by a direct competitor to Nintendo. Sure, the two may have a good relationship currently due to Minecraft, but at the end of the day they're competing businesses going against each other.
>Disappointing
  • Dragon Quest, while not as popular in Japan, is a cultural phenomenon in Japan. The Japanese would freak out.
  • Minecraft is incredibly popular worldwide and is the second most-selling game of all time. Lots of people would be excited for Steve.
I'll give you Gen 8 Pokémon and Edelgard/Blyeth, but the above 3 are far from safe or disappointing.
ngl put down like that, Persona/Dragon Quest/Minecraft is a ****ing wild third party lineup

D

Deleted member

Defying your parents wishes because it's your own life and they have no say in who you be with gang
you just described the entirety of gay culture in like one sentence

Last edited by a moderator:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
>Safe
>Disappointing
I see someone didn’t see the disclaimer.

And Joker is already confirmed....I was just listing the entire pass.

I’ll give you that on Erdrick and Steve, the only reason I called them safe is because of all the leakers and.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
It's bittersweet when you don't have any characters you really want left.

On the one hand, you won't be disappointed. On the other hand, you'll never get that feeling of pure joy when you see them in game.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I guess we're doing characters we expect then... ?

1. Joker
2. Erdrick (I'm not 100% on him but he's got a decent shot)
3. Steve (ugh)
4. Edelgard
5. Gen 8 Pokemon

So 2 characters I like (Joker/Edelgard), 2 characters I don't like (Erdrick/Steve) and one that depends on the design.

So... it gets a meh from me.

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
The first trial to make it in smash is breaking out of the egg when yoshi eats you. They knew it'd happen so they made it a requirement.

D

Deleted member

My kinda-realistic wishlist for DLC:
1. Joker
2. Elma gang
3. Bandanna Waddle Dee
4. Steve Earthboundtalecraft
5. Erdrick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom