• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I wish people could ask for characters with good designs for once and most 90s platformers are the exact opposite of what good character design entails.
I disagree. I'll use Crash Bandicoot as an example.

Crash's design is great because it both used the limitations of the time to his advantage and set himself apart from other mascots. At the time, most mascot characters used rounded shapes in order to seem more bubbly and friendly. Crash, however, has a design made mostly of triangles, which makes his design stand out better in a jagged and polygonal gaming landscape. It also showcases that he has a bit more "edge" to him than someone like Mario. While Mario is Mickey Mouse, Crash is Bugs Bunny (or, more fittingly, the Tasmanian Devil). Mario is wholesome and happy, while Crash is visibly crazed, due to being a mutated lab experiment.

With Crash, his design is purposeful and utilitarian, functional and fitting.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Disrespect the bear and bird one more time and you’re off to my ignore list
I assume this is a joke because you were replying to a joke.

Dude, relax it's a joke...

The Bear & Bird supporters make fun of my son, So I can't see why I can't mock Bear & Bird.

Is it illegal to have fun, or something?
But Banjo-Kazooie are "fAnFaVoRiTeS".

Last edited:

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
Fear not, Chunli's thighs will tear through into the 3rd dimension freeing the other spirits in the process.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Fear not, Chunli's thighs will tear through into the 3rd dimension freeing the other spirits in the process.
I find it funny that more Sakurai tries to add more characters besides fighters, the more this fanbase laments their fate.

D

Deleted member

Dude, relax it's a joke...

The Bear & Bird supporters make fun of my son, So I can't see why I can't mock Bear & Bird.

Is it illegal to have fun, or something?
We at the banjo support thread are not asulting him while you on the other hand are. Like calling him irrelevant

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
We at the banjo support thread are not asulting him while you on the other hand are. Like calling him irrelevant
Dude, if I had a dollar for every time people in the Banjo thread took shots at Steve, I'd be able to buy Rare from Microsoft myself.

osby

Smash Obsessed
We at the banjo support thread are not asulting him while you on the other hand are.
Sorry to say that but this is a blatant lie. I've seen people calling Steve fans "blockheads" for ****'s sake.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Banjo. Crash. Spyro. That’s all I ask for. They’re design is pretty good, they have a variety of abilities, and decent fan bases. I’m not gonna ask we go into the weird ones like Abe or Croc or Gex.

I would be asking for Rayman too, but he’s a spirit.
I disagree. I'll use Crash Bandicoot as an example.

Crash's design is great because it both used the limitations of the time to his advantage and set himself apart from other mascots. At the time, most mascot characters used rounded shapes in order to seem more bubbly and friendly. Crash, however, has a design made mostly of triangles, which makes his design stand out better in a jagged and polygonal gaming landscape. It also showcases that he has a bit more "edge" to him than someone like Mario. While Mario is Mickey Mouse, Crash is Bug Bunny (or, more fittingly, the Tasmanian Devil). Mario is wholesome and happy, while Crash is visibly crazed, due to being a mutated lab experiment.

With Crash, his design is purposeful and utilitarian, functional and fitting.
I just want characters that are pleasent to look at and those are all just ugly with terrible color palettes

Zeox

Smash Champion
Guys, Sakurai needs your help to put your favorite character in Smash, the only thing you have to do is give him your credit card number, expiration date and don't forget the numbers on the back.

KMDP

Smash Legend
ok her design is just utterly ****ing stupid, like even with my low standards it sucks

her **** are bigger then most characters heads
Some women have very large breasts.

I don't mind Dahlia's design besides the weird heel claw things.

Last edited:

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
ok her design is just utterly ****ing stupid, like even with my low standards it sucks

1. Enjoy the crap out of Xenoblade 2
2. See people unjustly refuse to play the game because of the outfits
3. mock them
4. unlock Dahlia
5. doubt

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I just want characters that are pleasent to look at and those are all just ugly with terrible color palettes
Since when is blue and orange a bad color combo? They're complementary colors.

D

Deleted member

Some women have very large breasts.

I don't mind Dahlia's design besides the weird heel claw things.
bro look at this **** tho
39304707414_a519056678_n.jpg
how does she like, not have awful back problems lmao

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
That is so subjective a point that it’s actually pointless. Like, especially in the remade versions on modern systems, Spyro and Crash look really good!

Unlike the other Banjo games, that game actually had good character design
You do realize that most people absolutely despise the character designs from nuts and bolts. Though, as a Banjo fan, I have to admit that a just straight transfer of the n64 designs would have looked weird with the added detail. I don’t necessarily MIND the Nuts and Bolts design, but to say it’s better would be a lie.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

Buddy. That's nothing.

Granblue Fantasy has an entire race full of these character designs (Draphs).

But most of the designs aren't as bad as Dahlia (IMO), so it's not too big of an issue.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Tbh, a lot of anime-like characters tend to have a large number of belts/straps on them (for some reason).

For example:
View attachment 190768

You should've seen this one coming.
I once heard that belts are considered really attractive in Japan. Dunno how true that is but hey, I heard it.

D

Deleted member

One thing is defending yourself from people harassing or offending you over a character.
But another is making the fact that some people just don’t like the character look wrong or evil.

Yes, I may be having trouble regarding the latter recently with Erdrick (mostly because all the stuff that hit me this week has affected my head and is giving me problems to pay attention to almost everything I do online and IRL), but even I can guarantee that nobody here wants to hate any Banjo or Steve supporter just for their tastes.

Yes, some don’t like Banjo and others dislike Steve, but most of the users here do so without the wish or desire to hurt the supporters of any of the two.

Don’t get mad about others having different tastes.

D

Deleted member

...But I always thought that was a good thing? Oh well, guess not...
yeah but there's a line, pyra and mythra are very close to the other side of the line and dahlia just did a ****ing pole vault over it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom