• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakky

Smash Hero
"Normally" being the operative word here, it's a rare trait, but it can happen.

I consider the bigger problem to be less Dahlia's size and more her chest's buoyancy.
I mean since when do Vidoe game characters have to abide by physics though?

I never got why sexy video game girls are so controversial

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Spyro is cool too.
Sadly, Japan doesn’t like him because of the awful PS1 ports they got of his games.
Hey. Maybe the Reignited Trilogy will change things.

Then again, Skylanders was technically Spyro. Did they like that over there? I mean, Nintendo liked it enough to let them use their characters for multiple games.

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion
Spyro is cool too.
Sadly, Japan doesn’t like him because of the awful PS1 ports they got of his games.
RIP Spyro.
I like Spyro more mostly because I never grew up with Crash, in my PS1 I only had Spyro, but honestly I always saw Crash to be more popular from the two, so if only one had to be added, I see Crash being a priority over Spyro.

D

Deleted member

Hey. Maybe the Reignited Trilogy will change things.

Then again, Skylanders was technically Spyro. Did they like that over there?
Skylanders Spyro looks bad, imo.
I will always prefer the Reignited Trilogy look.

RIP Spyro.
I like Spyro more mostly because I never grew up with Crash, in my PS1 I only had Spyro, but honestly I always saw Crash to be more popular from the two, so if only one had to be added, I see Crash being a priority over Spyro.
Mostly because Crash is huge in Japan.
But it is a shame, since I would love to see both in Smash.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I mean I don't mind fanservice usually

But you can't give me her sidequest where you have to save a little girl who went missing from freezing to death which is supposed to be uber serious but also her boobs are bigger then her head and move at 50 mph whenever she does so much as breathe

Like it's the very definition of inmersion-breaking lol

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
Brighid is notably inhuman and elegant
I love Nia's second costume.
Praxis is a living bouncy ball.
Perun might have been my favorite if the skirt actually...did its job. (or at least tried)
Azumi is creepy. Its amazing.
Seeing through Adenine is trippy.
Sheba wins FOR FIGHTING IN A &^*^ING BATHTUB
KOSMOS continues to look better every game
Herald looks like she's about to join Fzero in her idle animations.

D

Deleted member

Ok. I don’t think that my point is coming across clearly.

Was Skylanders popular in Japan? That’s what I’m asking.
Aaaaah, sorry my mind is in another place these days.

I don’t know, since I haven’t checked that stuff.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I mean I don't mind fanservice usually

But you can't give me her sidequest where you have to save a little girl who went missing from freezing to death which is supposed to be uber serious but also her boobs are bigger then her head and move at 50 mph whenever she does so much as breathing

Like it's the very definition of inmersion-breaking lol
and most are designed bad like Dahlia
Would it have been better if Dahlia was wearing clothing?
As are muscular men. Yet they get no flack.
Well, see... muscles are something that can be earned by normal people with effort (or steroids).

Being busty is entirely random chance (unless you're willing to pay a few thousand dollars).

Saetanigera

Smash Ace

I like fan service. The uncanny valley is real though. (especially when the developers lose their friggin minds)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Brighid is notably inhuman and elegant
I love Nia's second costume.
Praxis is a living bouncy ball.
Perun might have been my favorite if the skirt actually...did its job. (or at least tried)
Azumi is creepy. Its amazing.
Seeing through Adenine is trippy.
Sheba wins FOR FIGHTING IN A &^*^ING BATHTUB
KOSMOS continues to look better every game
Herald looks like she's about to join Fzero in her idle animations.
Azami is basically Marionette Juri Han and it’s great

Roberk

Smash Champion
Smh, y’all are sleeping on Splatoon Warriors. It’s popularity is worthy of a spin-off and the series is bursting with gameplay and aesthetic potential.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Both the Banjo and Geno threads tend to shut down other characters more easily than the others, based on experience.
More or less why I dislike Support threads in general. There is only so much you can discuss regarding each given character's situation before things dissolve into hiveminds of unfunny memes or off-topic social threads.

Drawing from experience from Pre-Wii U/3DS, I feel discussion can be much richer in the absence of those threads in that you need to sell your opinion to others. Ex. Movesets

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Ok but consider the following:

Animal Crossing Warriors

still better than Amiibo Festival

D

Deleted member

As are muscular men. Yet they get no flack.

Subjective.
I mostly have an issue when the design just, like, doesn't make sense in the context of the story

Like in XC2, which has a fairly serious storyline, it makes no sense in context in the style of the story and the personality of the character. Pyra is a very demure, shy, suicidal girl who harbors depression and anxiety. Her character design, like, doesn't reflect any of that. At all.

Like nobody cares about fanservice in games like Bayonetta because it makes sense in context with the style of the game. Bayonetta is an incredibly ridiculous game and Bayonetta herself is an incredibly ridiculous person. It makes sense as to why Bayo's outfit is super ridiculous.

D

Deleted member

Smh, y’all are sleeping on Splatoon Warriors. It’s popularity is worthy of a spin-off and the series is bursting with gameplay and aesthetic potential.
I just imagined a game where I'm charging through a horde of Octarians as Callie with a roller.

I'm throwing my wallet at my screen, but nothing's happening...

D

Deleted member

Wanna talk about hot characters?
8C45F888-42FD-41FC-8097-02F0BE3A0A51.jpeg

What a hot and badass character, indeed.

D

Deleted member

there are like 7 characters they could use and all of them have the same abilities in canon

D

Deleted member

I mean... we're applying the real word to fictional characters.

most men don't have washboard abs either.
Real word physics apply unless stated otherwise. Unless you want to tell me humanoid biology works completely different in the XC2 world because of boobs.

Also, learn about false equivalency.
Muscly dudes aren't degradating men in favor of being turned into fanservice.
Call me when a dude has some gigantic junk that should prevent them from even standing up but they just wave it around like nothing.
Because this is a game meant for children, Shish. You can't have Crash's junk exposed.

Gosh.
YOU EITHER WANT REALISM OR YOU DON'T GIVE ME THE CRASH'S ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom