• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Mario himself could have a variety of weapons: Jump, Hammer, Fire Flower, Ice Flower, FLUDD, etc. (Same with Luigi but replace FLUDD with Poltergust). Yoshi could have Egg and Watermelon. Bowser can use his natural abilities or the Koopa Clown Car. Peach can have the Parasol, etc.
And Daisy and Waluigi can have movesets that represent sports gam-*gets shot*

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I never thought of that. Certainly a possibility that it is Pokemon.

I guess the issue would be: who would be the opponents? bosses? the story? It would be something fresh.
Legendaries would probably be stand ins for bosses. As for the story? Not sure. Could go with 'evil team wants to harness power of legendary Pokemon' but that'd hardly be fresh considering how many Pokemon games follow that format ...

D

Deleted member

Baffled I haven't seen anyone mention Kid Icarus Warriors when that had always been the most talked about before in these discussions.
>Large cast of characters
>Large amount of weapons to use
>Supernatural powers and magics to abuse the hell out of
>Non-generic mooks

I think what hurts FEW the most outside of its garbage roster is thatmost FE characters don't really have powers which limited movesets a lot. Compare Link's blade beams, Zelda's light arrows and Impa's water shenanigans to Chrom throwing a javelin really hard or Marth stabbing quickly.
In KI, pretty much every character has some sort of power to make use of in their movesets and even ones that don't(such as the Pits) can make use of weapons that do.
And of course, the characters. KI's main cast is basically Pit, Palutena, Dark Pit, Medusa, Hades and Viridi, but there's a bunch of more smaller characters in Uprising that would make great playable ones such as Magnus, Phosphora and Pandora. It has a well-enough estabilished main cast while also allowing for more unique and out there picks.

If I had to make a KIW roster without any clones(and also assuming no character has multiple weapons ala HW):
-Pit
-Dark Pit
-Palutena
-Viridi
-Magnus
-Phosphora
-Pyrrhon
-Medusa
-Hades
-Thanatos
-Pandora
-Poseidon
-Dyntos
-The Little Girl and the Dog

MainJPW

M.T.A
Aww I missed the pets discussion? Oh well.
My mixed breed, MontyView attachment 190758My two cats. Rosie (my second shadow) is in front and Buddy is in the back.View attachment 190759
Like 90% of the other discussions I also missed it.

Very low quality; I am not a photographer.

Mixed breed, Hazel.

Husky, Coco.

Miniature Schnauzer, Peanut.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Mario himself could have a variety of weapons: Jump, Hammer, Fire Flower, Ice Flower, FLUDD, etc. (Same with Luigi but replace FLUDD with Poltergust). Yoshi could have Egg and Watermelon. Bowser can use his natural abilities or the Koopa Clown Car. Peach can have the Parasol, etc.
I personaly dont see it. I know others see it as a good idea but not me

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Can you guys say this kind of thing when I ask for Zoe in Smash instead of an outright "no that idea sucks"
Tbf, I can see why people say that about Zoe considering:
1. She’s a non video game character
2. You mention this same notion very often.

As much as I am an advocate for Granblue, I don’t bring it up unless the topic somewhat relates to it. There are a few exceptions, but I mostly just have profile pics of various characters I like from the series.

Although I do agree people could try to be a little kinder addressing the topic.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Gross, thirst after :ultincineroar: and :ultisabelle: like everyone else.
I don’t thirst for either of them though...guess I’m not apart of the everyone else squad
Baffled I haven't seen anyone mention Kid Icarus Warriors when that had always been the most talked about before in these discussions.
>Large cast of characters
>Large amount of weapons to use
>Supernatural powers and magics to abuse the hell out of
>Non-generic mooks

I think what hurts FEW the most outside of its garbage roster is thatmost FE characters don't really have powers which limited movesets a lot. Compare Link's blade beams, Zelda's light arrows and Impa's water shenanigans to Chrom throwing a javelin really hard or Marth stabbing quickly.
In KI, pretty much every character has some sort of power to make use of in their movesets and even ones that don't(such as the Pits) can make use of weapons that do.
And of course, the characters. KI's main cast is basically Pit, Palutena, Dark Pit, Medusa, Hades and Viridi, but there's a bunch of more smaller characters in Uprising that would make great playable ones such as Magnus, Phosphora and Pandora. It has a well-enough estabilished main cast while also allowing for more unique and out there picks.

If I had to make a KIW roster without any clones(and also assuming no character has multiple weapons ala HW):
-Pit
-Dark Pit
-Palutena
-Viridi
-Magnus
-Phosphora
-Pyrrhon
-Medusa
-Hades
-Thanatos
-Pandora
-Poseidon
-Dyntos
-The Little Girl and the Dog
Yeah this is good...but I still prefer to gain an Uprising sequel

osby

Smash Obsessed
"Hey, which non-video game character you talk about most in Smashboards?"

*nervous sweating* "Um, Goku of course, ahaha!"

D

Deleted member

Agh you ****ers got me daydreaming about a Xeno Warriors game now

The closest thing we have to a major Xeno crossover is XC2 DLC (besides KOS-MOS she was in the base game) but that doesn't really count as they were all just cameos and didn't have much interaction with the XC2 party/each other. All they really had were either very minor sidequests (KOS-MOS and T-elos), literally just one cutscene (Shulk and Fiora) or just a bit of optional party chat (Elma). At least Elma had a sick af boss fighr, but the intro to it doesn't even have any interaction between Elma and the XC2 gang. It was just "oh I think they're bad guys so I'm gonna fight them until I realize I'm misunderstood after I get my butt kicked" stuff and she doesn't talk to them before the fight. Her crazy amount of optional party chat is great though, as she interacts with every single member of the XC2 gang iirc and also KOS-MOS and Shulk. I just want to see a plot/crossover where everyone can interact with each other, including more of the XC1 and XCX party besides just Shulk/Fiora and Elma. also pls don't cuck fei again

Last edited by a moderator:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
But more importantly, did you read the rest of the post?
Of course, he did...

Obviously he should be a fan of Granblue :4pacman:

But seriously yeah, if you bring up a topic too much, people become less open to the idea.

At most, I’m trying to promote Granblue as much as some people here promote Etrian Odyssey (which happens quite a bit tbh).

D

Deleted member

The square rep

Idk if eddy is the se rep. It could be someone different like crono terra or gex lol. When leakers and insiders say he’s in I don’t believe it when I see it therefore I’m doubting him being the se rep I’m not saying I don’t want erdrick in I’m just saying I’m gonna wait for an official word from Nintendo/sakurai saying if he’s in or not so this whole se nonsense would stop

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
The square rep

Idk if eddy is the se rep. It could be someone different like crono terra or gex lol. When leakers and insiders say he’s in I don’t believe it when I see it therefore I’m doubting him being the se rep I’m not saying I don’t want erdrick in I’m just saying I’m gonna wait for an official word from Nintendo/sakurai saying if he’s in or not so this whole se nonsense would stop
Guys, I think Incineroar is leakbait

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
The square rep

Punctuation is your friend.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Given that Dante’s easily my most-wanted for smash, from one of my favourite series, this is a fair point.

Tbh I’d be really happy with a DMC switch port. And a DMC x Bayonetta crossover. Please.
You know, Bayonetta was almost in Project X Zone 2, but Kamiya wasn’t aware of it at the time...if he were we’d finally have Dante and Bayonetta meet in canon as well as having 5 characters currently in Smash in it: Ryu, Ken, Chrom, Lucina AND Bayonetta

...and Zero if you count his being an AT, as well as Fiora on account of her being in Shulk’s FS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom