• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Theres gonna be at least one dlc character that pops off in Japan but is just eh in the states.

I'd bet on multiple, and one vice versa.

In fact Ridley probably wasnt that much of a pop off in Japan.
gimme an e, gimme an r, gimme a- wait no don't

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I’d love to see a Shy Guy playable no doubt but I’m positive PP is a one time deal when it comes to enemies as playable.

Because to be frank, I’m terrified of the thought of predicting a ? Block to be in Smash 6.

No, it’s not an Mario enemy but that ain’t the point.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
It’s around this hour that directs usually get announced, right...?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I probably am.
Then that's pretty tone deaf, dude, considering I get called a libtard on the reg for how much I detest Trump...so to say I don't care for comparing wanting a Shy Guy in Smash to being a Trump supporter would be a gross understatement...

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You're fun...
It just sounds so ridiculous. Like no sane person would ever say yes unless it was a joke. Piranha Plant is a joke. A joke we are all now suffering the consequences of.

If you’re gonna think like this for a smash character choice, then it makes you wonder what other things you are choosing the worst possible option on.

D

Deleted member

Well then. Have fun in the burning wreckage of the world that descisions like that will inevitably cause.
'S a video game.

It, in the grand scheme of things, means absolutely nothing impactful or important to day-to-day life.

D

Deleted member

It just sounds so ridiculous. Like no sane person would ever say yes unless it was a joke. Piranha Plant is a joke. A joke we are all now suffering the consequences of.

If you’re gonna think like this for a smash character choice, then it makes you wonder what other things you are choosing the worst possible option on.
look i don't think anyone but you is "suffering the consequences" of plant getting added to smash because he's actually pretty dope

D

Deleted member

Zoinks!

We better call El Hermano and El Grande Padre, maybe if they fuse they'll be enough.
Call Gohan Blanco too, just to be safe.

Well then. Have fun in the burning wreckage of the world that descisions like that will inevitably cause.

It's just a ****ing video game. Quit being a dramatic prima donna.
The world is not going to end just because some generic baddies are playable in a game's roster.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
look i don't think anyone but you is "suffering the consequences" of plant getting added to smash because he's actually pretty dope
can confirm, piranha plant is legit my favourite character in this game and it's gonna take a joker to change that

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
I'm still mad they didn't make Deku Baba as an echo of Piranha Plant.
low-key wanted this to happen just so we could say we technically got a new Zelda character in Ultimate.

D

Deleted member

can confirm, piranha plant is legit my favourite character in this game and it's gonna take a joker to change that
The Plant is great.
I may prefer my mains (Samus, Dark Samus, K.Rool and Ridley), but saying that I dislike or hate Piranha Plant is a complete lie.

In fact, it opened my mind to the potential of the Baby Metroid from Samus Returns and Super Metroid as a fighter.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

I really don't see why off-the-wall characters are a bad thing...

The usually make for fighters with unique movesets, and fun playstyles

Literally, some of my all time favorite Smash characters were the crazy picks, like :ultwiifittrainer:, and :ultpichu:...

I don't see a problem with them, at all

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If I had my way, y'all would be gettin' Goomba, MC Steve, Spongebob, Pinkie Pie, and Ultra Instinct Waluigi as the Fighter's Pass characters.

Alas, we do not live in the best timeline, so these shall never come to pass. :drsad:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Look it's completely fine to not want Bandana Waddle Dee in Smash. I don't want Steve in Smash, but I'm not gonna come up w/ some ridiculous arguments to justify my opinion.

It's not fine when you bring up tone-deaf arguments like the "generic enemy" (:ultpiranha:) and a character w/ the same name as its species can't get in (:ultyoshi::ultpiranha::ultfox::ultwolf::ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultpichu::ultmewtwo::ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultcharizard::ultlucario::ultgreninja::ultincineroar:). Especially since these topics have been discussed to death already.

If you really want to see how significant Bandana Waddle Dee is in Modern Kirby, just look up all of his roles from Return to Dreamland and beyond. He appears just as often, if not more than, :ultmetaknight: and :ultkingdedede:. He ain't some "generic enemy".

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Smash is weird, if it were based on who was relevant to Nintendo more than anything the roster would have been even more Mario and maybe Pokémon. Forget franchises like FE and Kid Icararus their state of existence to.

Which is kind of why the relevance arguements in general are stupid. Since who’s relevant entirely dependent on your PoV. And shouldn’t really determine the amount of reps a franchise has anyway.

D

Deleted member

If I had my way, y'all would be gettin' Goomba, MC Steve, Crash Bandicoot, the Baby Metroid, and Ultra Instinct Waluigi as the Fighter's Pass characters.

Alas, we do not live in the best timeline, so these shall never come to pass. :drsad:
With two characters changed by videogame ones, I would actually love this selection.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Your friendly reminder that Smash is a game.

I really don't see why off-the-wall characters are a bad thing...

The usually make for fighters with unique movesets, and fun playstyles

Literally, some of my all time favorite Smash characters were the crazy picks, like :ultwiifittrainer:,:ultcorrinf:, and :ultpichu:...

I don't see a problem with them, at all
Tbh, nothing about Corrin's addition was crazy, except its timing.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Smash is weird, if it were based on who was relevant to Nintendo more than anything the roster would have been even more Mario and maybe Pokémon. Forget franchises like FE and Kid Icararus their state of existence to.

Which is kind of why the relevance arguements in general are stupid. Since who’s relevant entirely dependent on your PoV. And shouldn’t really determine the amount of reps a franchise has anyway.
A franchise that isn't relevant today can be relevant tomorrow.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Look it's completely fine to not want Bandana Waddle Dee in Smash. I don't want Steve in Smash, but I'm not gonna come up w/ some ridiculous arguments to justify my opinion.

It's not fine when you bring up tone-deaf arguments like the "generic enemy" (:ultpiranha:) and a character w/ the same name as its species can't get in (:ultyoshi::ultpiranha::ultfox::ultwolf::ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultpichu::ultmewtwo::ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultcharizard::ultlucario::ultgreninja::ultincineroar:). Especially since these topics have been discussed to death already.

If you really want to see how significant Bandana Waddle Dee is in Modern Kirby, just look up all of his roles from Return to Dreamland and beyond. He appears just as often, if not more than, :ultmetaknight: and :ultkingdedede:. He ain't some "generic enemy".
Fox and Wolf are generic species?

EDIT: Oh wait, never mind.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982

I mean to be fair, we've seen many Fox look-a-likes such as Bill and his father.

But what they mean is: he is named after the kind of animal he is based on.

edit: don't edit me, bro

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

Fox is a Fox and Wolf is a Wolf. It's not exactly the same as the other instances, but they do have the same name as their species.

But yeah, I can see where you're coming from.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's not fine when you bring up tone-deaf arguments like the "generic enemy" (:ultpiranha:) and a character w/ the same name as its species can't get in (:ultyoshi::ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultpichu::ultmewtwo::ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultcharizard::ultlucario::ultgreninja::ultincineroar:). Especially since these topics have been discussed to death already.

I am a huge Bandana Dee hater.
I always try to not pick him in any Kirby game he is playable, since I prefer characters like Meta Knight, Dedede, Adeleine or Susie way more. He just seems bland to me, not as a generic enemy or “Hat-Goomba” as some say at least, but instead as a character who doesn’t make me excited or interested.

That being said, even I understand and accept that he has the stuff to justify a spot in Smash: he’s a main character in the Modern titles, he has a lot of fan-support and demand, he makes sense today to be present in a roster alongside Kirby, Dedede and MK... Basically he is the one left from the main cast of the Modern games.

I completely agree with you: it is fine to dislike or even hate the dude, but you can’t deny the fact that he should earn a spot in the roster with the popularity and impact he has.

D

Deleted member

But Phoenix Wright is a human and from a game, we already have Joker!

CallMeKnux

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0424-3957-0991
Its fine to hate any character. No one’s going to shoot you because you think Banjo shouldn’t be in the game lol. It’s just spreading these sorts of arguments is dum

Unless you don’t want Sans than you can d i e

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom