• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
ehhhh, three houses and gen 8 are some of the few first parties definitely ripe for potential spirits
I feel like Pokemon and Fire Emblem are the exceptions here.

What spirits could a Galar Pokemon bring? Other new Galar Pokemon. What spirits could a Three Houses character brings? Other new Three Houses characters.
To be fair a gen 8 mon would bring spirits from gen 8
I guess a new game could get its own set of spirits, tbh, I just thought it'd be weird for them to not be put with the others of the same franchise meh, scratch this, I just realized it's really just a quick way to get the new ones while they'd still be organized correctly in the spirit collection.

Still thinking this is fake, the guy who posted it seems like the average troll.

In the end I'll at least be happy with the Pokemon, probably.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Oh hey, Roulette Road is back. This is definitely a new type of minigame for me though, LOL

Ah well, time to retr- *crashes game*

. . .You know what nearly every game I own that wasn't specifically developed by Nintendo has crashed on me at least once on the Switch so honestly all I can do at this point is laugh LOL

*EDIT* "I'm banned from this place for counting cards."

I feel really, REALLY bad for the voice direction in this game because some of these lines are just gold.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
20190522_114730819_top.png

Came across this bit of dialogue in my PQ2 playthrough, and I figured it'd be useful as some kind of forum meme, so now I'm sharing it with y'all.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
To be fair a gen 8 mon would bring spirits from gen 8
Consider the following: Incineroar's fighter spirit art isn't its official one drawn by Sugimori for Sun and Moon, it's a new one.

They'd only be able to afford doing Baboom's art at best in this case scenario, unless they had insane preparation and planning.

Right, and there aren't any Three Houses spirits or SnS spirits.

The only 1st parties that are going to have spirit boards are ones that haven't released as of Ultimate's launch.
Given that, it makes you wonder if they purposely left out some spirit sets, just in case, for future-proofing and whether or not the characters related to them would be considered later on. Although that still wouldn't increase Star Man's chances anyway...

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Anyways. thanks for the feedback y'all. I'm gonna try and make it a regular series, either once a week, or once every two weeks.

Stay tuned for more in the future
i do wonder why this leak seems to be getting more attention than most usual text leaks, even beyond my obvious kasumi bias

is it the angry plant leaker tone?
the semi-realistic lineup that tempers expectations?
first parties?
everyone's just thirsty for info?
all of the above?

a mystery to be sure
Pretty much everyone has a Kasumi bias, it's not just you...

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I guess a new game could get its own set of spirits, tbh, I just thought it'd be weird for them to not be put with the others of the same franchise.

Still thinking this is fake, the guy who posted it seems like the average troll.

In fairness, it'd be no weirder than the Super Mario Party and Piranha Plant spirits being separated from the other Mario spirits.

It's still likely fake by virtue of being a 4chan text leak, but it's easily my favorite fake DLC leak so far. :p

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Here you go chief.
PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Take my energy!
As a man whose swear jar could be used as a retirement fund I agree wholeheartedly for exactly the reason stated.

Also enjoy the vids where they throw around censor bleeps over completely innocent dialogue for much the same reason, but we kind of understand what we're getting into on those.

WALK ALONG THE RAZOR'S EDGE
BUT DON'T LOOK DOWN, JUST KEEP YOUR HEAD
OR YOU'LL BE FINISHED

Aye aye, fam.

View attachment 223472

Seal the deal.

FFA you say.

Aight Dorf is completely understandable now.

Raises a second question though - why didn't the other players attempt so stop your minute-long pewfest?

Due to my spotty modern experience and even spottier memory I only have Forces to compare it to.

Sounds like it's at least winning that fight.
Yes! I can feel it!

Thank you everyone! I try my best!

D

Deleted member

I would be happy with any DLC character to be honest.

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I guess a new game could get its own set of spirits, tbh, I just thought it'd be weird for them to not be put with the others of the same franchise meh, scratch this, I just realized it's really just a quick way to get the new ones while they'd still be organized correctly in the spirit collection.

It's 98% fake, just fun to talk about. There's no big, old fan favorites so no overhype risk is involved.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Consider the following: Incineroar's fighter spirit art isn't its official one drawn by Sugimori for Sun and Moon, it's a new one.

They'd only be able to afford doing Baboom's art at best in this case scenario, unless they had insane preparation and planning.

Given that, it makes you wonder if they purposely left out some spirit sets, just in case, for future-proofing and whether or not the characters related to them would be considered later on. Although that still wouldn't increase Star Man's chances anyway...
No Pokémon got their Sugimori artwork. Everyone got their Dream World art.

Sugimori's art is likely incredibly expensive to license, considering most official media now uses the Dream World art for promotional reasons.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I MISSED IT?

View attachment 223478

YOU BETTER POST THAT ****
Here ya go, good sir

Nothing too major. It's literally just me talking for a good 15 minutes about Smash DLC characters with no notable visuals

Alrighty y'all!

Ramen Rambles Episode 1 is up!

This episode, I'll be discussing potential DLC Smash picks to keep an eye on

Don't expect too much, it's just me chatting with no fancy visuals, just a static image. Basically something to listen to in the background.

Also, the volume might be a bit over the place, so sorry about that.

Anyways, hope y'all enjoy!

I'm really sorry for mispronouncing Euden's name

Still not sure whether I'll do these once every week, or once every two weeks...
Wait... you weren't here for the cookie voice reveal last night, were ya? I guess this'll be the first time you're hearing my voice

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Turns out Futaba is actually her own Fighter Pass character. That's why she doesn't appear on Mementos. Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Hello, everyone. I come bearing very unfortunate news.

A few members of this forum have been in contact with Brelooming Disaster and his family ever since his initial diagnosis, and we just got an update on his condition.

Sadly, earlier today, he passed away. I don't even know what to say in this situation. Someone like him never deserved to go through such a terrible experience. You could tell that each passing moment made him more and more stressed.

I ask that you all take a moment to pay your respects to him. Even if you didn't know him personally, Brelooming was a very active member of this community, and it's heartbreaking to hear this happen.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
In fairness, it'd be no weirder than the Super Mario Party and Piranha Plant spirits being separated from the other Mario spirits.

It's still likely fake by virtue of being a 4chan text leak, but it's easily my favorite fake DLC leak so far. :p
I didn't notice those were separated, I assumed they'd be organized with the others in the collection. Dang. Upon realizing this with how they'd be organized, though, I also realized the spirit board thing doesn't matter.

I'd just personally be disappointed in no Steve or B-K, though I guess DQ interests me a bit and there's a Pokemon at least...

Sorry if this is all for fun, I guess youtube is the only place taking it seriously.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Tbf Pikachu is top tier. We do the same thing if someone plays Sonic or Inkling so keep them away from Cori. They do it to Belmont too
No no, I just mean me. I mean, yes, the Pikachu, when that's a thing, but also just me.

:ultkrool:? All in on croc. :ultincineroar:? All in on cat. :ultlucario:? All in on fursona. :ultgreninja:? Better nerf Red. :ultbrawler::ultgunner::ultswordfighter:? Same thing, more literal. :ultisabelle:? Your preciousness will not save you.

It's almost like I have some kind of reputation amongst my playgroup for using horrific amounts of jank and yeet and waiting while people pick each other off winning a disproportionate amount of FFAs.

Having played Generations and watched through Colors Wii's cutscenes, as well as having listened to a couple rounds of Roger Craig Smith and Mike Pollock just getting paid to screw around on the Sonic Twitter

Haaaaaaaaah

It's uh

It's losing a lot of other fights
I genuinely can't remember anything of Generations' acting. It's been six years and also my brain is American cheese. Not Swiss; that's too high class.

But I do remember the Boom cartoon.

That itself isn't what I'd call a fair fight but I can see what you mean.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

A few members of this forum have been in contact with Brelooming Disaster and his family ever since his initial diagnosis, and we just got an update on his condition.

Sadly, earlier today, he passed away. I don't even know what to say in this situation. Someone like him never deserved to go through such a terrible experience. You could tell that each passing moment made him more and more stressed.

I ask that you all take a moment to pay your respects to him. Even if you didn't know him personally, Brelooming was a very active member of this community, and it's heartbreaking to hear this happen.
Ah, ****.

That was way too fast. I can only wish his family all the best.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Ah goddammit, that's awful.

Hopefully he's in a far better place than here.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

Oh.

Oh ****.

Kid didn't deserve this.

I got no words.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

He died too early, that's just awful.

I hope the best for his family and I hope the next world will be better for him.

Rest in Peace Brelooming.

Noipoi

Howdy!

I uh

I'm gonna go for a bit guys

I need a moment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom