• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
"It says 'Baboom' is in. If you aren't aware, that's a combination of baboon and boom. If you aren't aware, a baboon is a type of monkey. If you aren't aware, a monkey is a"
"now if you like comment favorite and subscribe so we can hit that 10k mark, i'll start selling a baboom battalion t-shirt in celebration of his confirmation, and remember to check out my twitter feed for more amazing-"

D

Deleted member

Good Smash moments?
I almost got JV3'd by a Zelda, but then I warlocked kicked at the very last moment and it hit. That was a victory for me.

Noipoi

Howdy!
"now if you like comment favorite and subscribe so we can hit that 10k mark, i'll start selling a baboom battalion t-shirt in celebration of his confirmation, and remember to check out my twitter feed for more amazing-"
"I dunno what it even looks like, but you bet your ass i'll try and make a profit off it before Gamefreak themselves does."

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Censor bleeping on TV shows I usually find to be funnier than the actual dialogue. I enjoy the room for imagination.
As a man whose swear jar could be used as a retirement fund I agree wholeheartedly for exactly the reason stated.

Also enjoy the vids where they throw around censor bleeps over completely innocent dialogue for much the same reason, but we kind of understand what we're getting into on those.

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
WALK ALONG THE RAZOR'S EDGE
BUT DON'T LOOK DOWN, JUST KEEP YOUR HEAD
OR YOU'LL BE FINISHED

THE ARM IS DONE, I REPEAT THE ARM IS DONE.
View attachment 223466
@Dyllybirdy , @NateVO , @KarneraMythos & everyone else!

*cue music*

Give me some of your energy!! All I need to do are the tentacles behind his head and I be finally done! But I need some MOTIVATION to keep going!
Aye aye, fam.

1426897331460.png

Seal the deal.

To be fair I have a bad habit of not using the shield button as Wolf whenever Ganon does Doriyah. It's not even a habit of mine in general, I cannot ****ing shield Doriyah as Wolf.

Also it was a FFA
FFA you say.

Aight Dorf is completely understandable now.

Raises a second question though - why didn't the other players attempt so stop your minute-long pewfest?

Hang on just lemme grab a timestamp on someone else's gameplay LOL

https://youtu.be/FefmtGX5hN4?t=141

Like the dialog's pretty inoffensive stock fair and I've heard pretty good work from these exact actors in the mainline Sonic games, but you hear the way they phrase sentences and it's like

oh no

Which admittedly the voicework for this game has been a concern of mine since the trailers but the reason why didn't click until just now LOL
Due to my spotty modern experience and even spottier memory I only have Forces to compare it to.

Sounds like it's at least winning that fight.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
But the second part is breaking free from her mind control and dominating her instead
Nobody can top that restless ***** energy
As a man whose swear jar could be used as a retirement fund I agree wholeheartedly for exactly the reason stated.

Also enjoy the vids where they throw around censor bleeps over completely innocent dialogue for much the same reason, but we kind of understand what we're getting into on those.

OR YOU'LL BE FINISHED

Aye aye, fam.

View attachment 223472

Seal the deal.

FFA you say.

Raises a second question though - why didn't the other players attempt so stop your minute-long pewfest?

Due to my spotty modern experience and even spottier memory I only have Forces to compare it to.

because my friends have tunnel vision so if I leave some of them alone they'll forget I'm there

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
i do wonder why this leak seems to be getting more attention than most usual text leaks, even beyond my obvious kasumi bias

is it the angry plant leaker tone?
the semi-realistic lineup that tempers expectations?
first parties?
everyone's just thirsty for info?
all of the above?

a mystery to be sure

Noipoi

Howdy!
i do wonder why this leak seems to be getting more attention than most usual text leaks, even beyond my obvious kasumi bias

first parties?
all of the above?

a mystery to be sure
Because Baboom is a 10/10 name

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

first parties?
all of the above?

a mystery to be sure
It's simple.

Baboom is such a wonderful name Game Freak would be idiots to not use it

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Given one of the Gen 8 starter pokemon is a grass type monkey Baboom sounds more like a name that'd belong to a fire type.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
ALRIGHT THREAD, SERIOUS QUESTION

WHO'S THE HOTTEST GYM LEADER?

And why is it Sabrina?
Marlon exists but go off, I guess.
Y'all got extremely strange ways of spelling Flannery.

because my friends have tunnel vision so if I leave some of them alone they'll forget I'm there
Bless your friends.

Can I borrow em?

Mine have tunnel vision too but it's mostly kill the pikachu.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Hang on just lemme grab a timestamp on someone else's gameplay LOL

https://youtu.be/FefmtGX5hN4?t=141

Like the dialog's pretty inoffensive stock fair and I've heard pretty good work from these exact actors in the mainline Sonic games, but you hear the way they phrase sentences and it's like

oh no

Which admittedly the voicework for this game has been a concern of mine since the trailers but the reason why didn't click until just now LOL
So, basically, they do the characters like for an old PSX game dub?

Ironically, this game had been delayed before, so you'd think someone at Sumo Digital would think about and have time for double-checking the voices. I mean, it's text, how on Earth can you mess that up? There aren't any mouth flaps to match voices to! Symphony of the Night had text and the folks at Konami still managed to overact for that game.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Given one of the Gen 8 starter pokemon is a grass type monkey Baboom sounds more like a name that'd belong to a fire type.
If you consider the fact that Grookey has an obvious music theme (it's first seen drumming it's stick against a rock, and all it's foreign names reference music or cheer, even "Groo" could come from "Groove") the "boom" in Baboom could mean a loud, thunderous noise. A sonic wave of noise, even. A "Boom".

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
If you consider the fact that Grookey has an obvious music theme (it's first seen drumming it's stick against a rock, and all it's foreign names reference music or cheer, even "Groo" could come from "Groove") the "boom" in Baboom could mean a loud, thunderous noise. A sonic wave of noise, even. A "Boom".
muffled Sonic Boom song plays in the distance.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

first parties?
all of the above?

a mystery to be sure
All of the above + Phoenix Wright + girls

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Above already covered it for me but yeah then again I've never been the Pokemon guy despite playing quite a bit of it when I was younger.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

OR YOU'LL BE FINISHED

Aye aye, fam.

View attachment 223472

Seal the deal.

FFA you say.

Having played Generations and watched through Colors Wii's cutscenes, as well as having listened to a couple rounds of Roger Craig Smith and Mike Pollock just getting paid to screw around on the Sonic Twitter

Haaaaaaaaah

It's uh

It's losing a lot of other fights

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'm wondering whether or not this "leak" should've been dead from the start.

Didn't Sakurai say the DLC characters would get their own spirit boards? I'm thinking that kills the chances of any character from a franchise that's already in the game. Of course I'd like a new Pokemon among others, but personally the Pokemon is the only character I care about in this leak.

D

Deleted member

I think the Baboom leak is false, but it is interesting none of the less.
Baboom is a nice name.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

Didn't Sakurai say the DLC characters would get their own spirit boards? I'm thinking that kills the chances of any character from a franchise that's already in the game. Of course I'd like a new Pokemon among others, but personally the Pokemon is the only character I care about in this leak.
ehhhh, three houses and gen 8 are some of the few first parties definitely ripe for potential spirits

Noipoi

Howdy!

I feel like Pokemon and Fire Emblem are the exceptions here.

What spirits could a Galar Pokemon bring? Other new Galar Pokemon. What spirits could a Three Houses character brings? Other new Three Houses characters.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
All of the above + Phoenix Wright + girls
It's always the goirls, yeah.

And the Shantae thread started speculating about it, too. Please tell me this won't be the topic for the next two weeks. :facepalm:

ehhhh, three houses and gen 8 are some of the few first parties definitely ripe for potential spirits
Depends. If Sugimori art has strict ownership copyright like Nomura's, this might cause problems for a gen 8 spirit board unless they somehow have enough time to whip up a whole batch in the style of Fighter Cat's fighter spirit.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

To be fair a gen 8 mon would bring spirits from gen 8

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Right, and there aren't any Three Houses spirits or SnS spirits.

The only 1st parties that are going to have spirit boards are ones that haven't released as of Ultimate's launch.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Tinfoil time: This "leak" has a doubles theme for DLC.

Medieval mage-knight combo: Edelgard and Erdrick
Modern Japanese VN guys: Joker and Phoenix Wright
Plant: Piranha Plant and Baboom

Hire me, Nintendo.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Hire me, Nintendo.
Kasumi: Kasumi
jane spazzes even more.gif

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

Hire me, Nintendo.
imaging only revealing 2 characters starting with E at an event called E3

disappointing, sakurai

unless it's E3houses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom