• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
He said in an interview that he‘s aggressive with adults because he knows deep down they can do it and pushes them farther to show they can, while with kids they don’t know if they can do it so he shows his gentle and caring side more to not scare them away from cooking.
Having some mad lad yell at me about cooking would only make me less enthusiastic about it.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
View attachment 223462

Hi.

I do.

May not be able to words properly when I want to presently, but my salt remains something to behold.

I remember one co-op game of NSMB Wii in particular where I sat stringing expletives and curses in a death-metal-esque growl to the tower theme:

Ah, platformers and multiplayer gameplay. The two gameplay elements I can reliably peg as making me legitimately angry if I've been sucking at it too long, together at last LOL

D

Deleted member

I hate how there's official artwork of her sitting on top of a Magnemite and someone pointed out Magnemites have a screw at the top of them
I always try to imagine it is not official, but it is.
I hate it too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I do most of my swearing in my dreams because the constraints of living in a Christian household with thin walls means that anything above a certain level gets a lengthy reprimand and I instinctively say nothing harsher than what the forum censors allow the majority of the time and barely past that threshold even at extremes. Bleeps and asterisks aren't autocensors for me, they're filthy filthy indulgence that I manually type out even on sites with no filters whatsoever.

But no one gets to complain about my REM sleep, so when my brain teleports me to some strange Science Fantasy premise out like a sailor it goes.
I cuss all the time. Life is short, Ill ****ing curse till I die and Im sure ny last words will be "****"

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Ah, platformers and multiplayer gameplay. The two gameplay elements I can reliably peg as making me legitimately angry if I've been sucking at it too long, together at last LOL
You should see my irl friends. Yesterday one got so goddamn heated he said "**** YOUR BLASTER GWEN WE'RE PLAYING MARIO KART NOW". It was honestly really fun playing Mario Kart and then the same dude kept getting mad at how I kept throwing 4 red shells at his ass

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
anyway yeah ramsay yells at adults because those adults are either there for a competition or are actively running a business that the public is paying for

he expects a decent level of competence because that's the adults' ****ing jobs, and when he sees it being done wrong he gets infuriated, especially if the food in question is actually being given to a customer but is half-raw or rotten

dude has no reason to yell at kids and so he never has

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
But Joker's already the 'Terrible A-1 Studios Anime Adaptation' rep
The ace attorney Anime isn’t that bad. Imo the only problem it has is it shortens long cases. However it still has some great moments and does a fun job at representing each character

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
anyway yeah ramsay yells at adults because those adults are either there for a competition or are actively running a business that the public is paying for

he expects a decent level of competence because that's the adults' ****ing jobs, and when he sees it being done wrong he gets infuriated, especially if the food in question is actually being given to a customer but is half-raw or rotten

dude has no reason to yell at kids and never has
He even isn't allowed to swear cause of his own kid, Ramsey is a legend

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
DpArXCZVsAAkerK.jpg

And now Red takes notes.

You should see my irl friends. Yesterday one got so goddamn heated he said "**** YOUR BLASTER GWEN WE'RE PLAYING MARIO KART NOW". It was honestly really fun playing Mario Kart and then the same dude kept getting mad at how I kept throwing 4 red shells at his ***
Mario Kart is some legitimately friendship-ending level **** and he really should've seen that coming.

Blaster in what though?

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I do most of my swearing in my dreams because the constraints of living in a Christian household with thin walls means that anything above a certain level gets a lengthy reprimand and I instinctively say nothing harsher than what the forum censors allow the majority of the time and barely past that threshold even at extremes. Bleeps and asterisks aren't autocensors for me, they're filthy filthy indulgence that I manually type out even on sites with no filters whatsoever.

But no one gets to complain about my REM sleep, so when my brain teleports me to some strange Science Fantasy premise out like a sailor it goes.
The reason I don't really swear is because in a Christian household people hate that crap. I can't even say "that sucks."

Truth be told that's not great for voice over.

osby

Smash Obsessed
The reason I don't really swear is because in a Christian household people hate that crap. I can't even say "that sucks."

Truth be told that's not great for voice over.
Funny, both of my parents swear more than me. Our last big argument was because I didn't approve their choice of words.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I understand the logic, but in my mind, if I were in the adults shoes, I would feel very ashamed and stupid and end up leaving, most likely.
Having some mad lad yell at me about cooking would only make me less enthusiastic about it.
Depends on the situation, he’s much harder on those who are supposed to be professional chefs. Also that’s a product of the gourmet food industry, you’re not gonna be able to make it far and no chef will hire them if they can’t stand that pressure and cook. Not to mention you’re cooking for other people so there’s little to no room for error.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Mass censored swearing rants on Smashboards in a nutshell:
I come from a family that doesn't swear much, not for religious reasons more so we just never saw the point, so I always find it odd to listen to people with sailor talk in their regular vocabulary.

I also find it fun to see people's reactions when I do use a swear word IRL, as it helps shows how serious/angry I am or the severity of the situation. I've been told by co-workers/managers that I'm not a person they expect to hear "****" or "*****" come from. Language is constantly evolving so I find, with swear words especially, that regular use has a pacifying effect.

Censor bleeping on TV shows I usually find to be funnier than the actual dialogue. I enjoy the room for imagination.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
*boots up Team Sonic Racing and immediately gets into the Adventure Mode*

Oh you poor honey, if this is how you're handling the voice direction you should have just left the text boxes silent LOL

It's really sad because both the voice actors and the writing are perfectly fine so far, the voice direction is just. . .haaaah you poor things the word herder did you wrong

Noipoi

Howdy!
I only curse for comedic emphasis

That's ****in ridiculous! is funnier than that's ridiculous!

Then again I don't curse much in the first place because the walls are thin and my mom would have a heart attack :laugh:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
THE ARM IS DONE, I REPEAT THE ARM IS DONE.
New Hota exemple 18.gif

Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy , Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! , KarneraMythos KarneraMythos & everyone else!

*cue music*

Give me some of your energy!! All I need to do are the tentacles behind his head and I be finally done! But I need some MOTIVATION to keep going!

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
D

Deleted member

Depends on the situation, he’s much harder on those who are supposed to be professional chefs. Also that’s a product of the gourmet food industry, you’re not gonna be able to make it far if they can’t stand that pressure and cook. Not to mention you’re cooking for other people so there’s little to no room for error.
What I mean is, you can be a great professional cook, but what if you make just one mistake just once? Well now you’ve got Gordon Ramsey emotionally beating the crap out of you because you made one mistake. Now what if you take it personally. Do you see where I’m going with this, or am I insane?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Oh you poor honey, if this is how you're handling the voice direction you should have just left the text boxes silent LOL

It's really sad because both the voice actors and the writing are perfectly fine so far, the voice direction is just. . .haaaah you poor things the word herder did you wrong
I actually talked about this with friends yesterday (yes the same friends I mentioned before) and they were genuinely shocked to hear about voice/acting direction. The discussion was brought up because of Batman's new actor being the guy who played Edward in Twilight

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Wolf. It was me VS his Ganon and all I did was press the Skidaddle Skidoodle I Now Control Neutral button for a full minute
Hold up he tried to DORIYAH a spacie?

Isn't that already what the hip kids call a bad ****ing idea?

D

Deleted member

I only curse for comedic emphasis

That's ****in ridiculous! is funnier than that's ridiculous!

Then again I don't curse much in the first place because the walls are thin and my mom would have a heart attack :laugh:
I never swear, period, which is a problem with voice acting. lol

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Link?

What I mean is, you can be a great professional cook, but what if you make just one mistake just once? Well now you’ve got Gordon Ramsey emotionally beating the crap out of you because you made one mistake. Now what if you take it personally. Do you see where I’m going with this, or am I insane?
He isn't emotionally beating the crap out of ya...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom