• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Version without the leaks: Our final DLC roster is as follows:
Joker
Erdrick
Edelgard
Phoenix Wright
Kasumi (free echo for those who own Joker)
Baboom (final evo of Grookey)

Check it. Someone else can explain why we're even humoring it.
I mean, he got Joker right.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Regarding any Azura vs Aqua debate:

Let's make Love, not War

D

Deleted member

nah, but I see really zero reason to seriously consider this. Baboom is amusing, but in this fine establishment it's about as legitimate as that one July 23rd direct leak with Kingdom Hearts n ****.

Roberk

Smash Champion
What would they lose from making one pack more valuable than the others? All it does is raise the sales of that pack.
Well you’d lose resources having to make and market Kasumi, that’s one thing. It’s more about the idea of “hey I paid $5.99 for this pack and got a character and an Echo but paid $5.99 for that pack and only got a character”.

D

Deleted member

basically there's just something kinda hilarious about the idea of all these weird and wonderful fighters pass theories springing up over the months then in reality sakurai actually ends it with grass donkey kong holding a drumset

all i'm saying is it wouldn't be the first time

View attachment 222581
Situation seems rather off though.
In Incineroar's case, Sakurai didn't decide on him until after Sun & Moon's release and seeing the Pokemon in action.

With "Baboom", he decides on it before we know anything about it like he did with Greninja back in Smash 4...?
...for something that we'd have to pay for separately?
Would be a rather ballsy move on his part.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
In Incineroar's case, Sakurai didn't decide on him until after Sun & Moon's release and seeing the Pokemon in action.

With "Baboom", he decides on it before we know anything about it like he did with Greninja back in Smash 4...?
It'd be our first time having a fully evolved grass-type starter on the roster, and would also be our first time having a grass-type Pokemon with it's own slot.

I guarantee you people would eat it up.

Shroob

Sup?
I adore the design of this "Baboom" posted on the prior page but

Yeah, gonna need to give me actual reason to believe this leak. Anyone can make a fake leak.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

Not the same. Greninja was given to him in a very early stage of development because he still had to make the whole game.

The fifth DLC character may not even be started on until later this year. Everything about "Baboom" is certainly already decided by now, from design to animation, considering the game will come out this winter.

I don't believe the 4chan leak but "Baboom" isn't necessarily the reason not to believe it.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

to be honest, if it's something as simple as nintendo telling sakurai to give sword/shield a bit of a push through smash, i could see gamefreak just handing sakurai the reference art for the three final starters and telling him to pick the one he likes the look of most

he waited to see incineroar in action, but he was also super into the idea of a wrestler fighter from the get-go, so it's a real who knows at this point

D

Deleted member

Smh the Pokemon sword and shield rep is going to be an actual sword and shield

D

Deleted member

Not the same. Greninja was given to him in a very early stage of development because he still had to make the whole game.

The fifth DLC character may not even be started on until later this year. Everything about "Baboom" is certainly already decided by now, from design to animation, considering the game will come out this winter.

I don't believe the 4chan leak but "Baboom" isn't necessarily the reason not to believe it.
Nothing about what you said countered my point.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
to be honest, if it's something as simple as nintendo telling sakurai to give sword/shield a bit of a push through smash, i could see gamefreak just handing sakurai the reference art for the three final starters and telling him to pick the one he likes the look of most

he waited to see incineroar in action, but he was also super into the idea of a wrestler fighter from the get-go, so it's a real who knows at this point
>Incineroar was chosen because Sakurai liked the idea of a wrestler fighter
>Baboom was chosen because Sakurai liked the idea of a rhythm-based fighter (rhythm heaven don't interact)

It all adds up.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
>Incineroar was chosen because Sakurai liked the idea of a wrestler fighter
>Baboom was chosen because Sakurai liked the idea of a rhythm-based fighter (rhythm heaven don't interact)

It all adds up.
sakurai saw his chance to add the rhythm heaven rep he's tried and failed to implement time and time again

as a giant grass monkey

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Im into this leak simply because is not Edrick

Needed some variety in this extended speculation :ultswordfighter:

D

Deleted member

I just decided to randomly google "countess jane" after the Kasumi (codename "Countess") rumor and found this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jane_Harley,_Countess_of_Oxford_and_Countess_Mortimer

Wasn't Arsene codenamed Doyle in the datamine? Kasumi is a ballerina which is a form of the fine arts and Jane Harley was a patron of the arts...

ah dammit im looking too deep into things again
Hmm, Lord Byron is pretty famous and was known for how over the top he and his writing could be. Does that describe Joker? Idk

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Stage ****posters: [making Spongebob references] I am on 5 levels of irony right now, my dudes!

Me: H o l d m y b e e r

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Hmm, Lord Byron is pretty famous and was known for how over the top he and his writing could be. Does that describe Joker? Idk
we're really running the entire range of obscure to ****ing obvious codenames right now

jack = ???, could be jack frost, could be jack of all trades, could be ****ing Jack Conway, director of 1932's Arsene Lupin movie
doyle = an entire rabbithole of literature
jane = anagram of jean, arsene's child raised by countess cagliostro maybe???
brave = literally his ****ing class name

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Nothing about what you said countered my point.
Yes it did.

Like, I don't really feel like repeating myself, but "Baboom" is not in an early stage of development like Greninja was. Pokemon Sw/Sh is almost certainly practically done from a design and animation standpoint by now. Just because we haven't seen this pokemon in action doesn't mean Sakurai hasn't.

If "Baboom" were in the game, it would not be the same situation at all.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
ultimately though, i do wonder how they'd implement kasumi if she were put in

do you package her in retroactively with joker, or do you sell her separately and give people the chance to get a slightly altered joker for a smaller price than challenger pack 1? my thinking is the former, because at least then challenger pack 1 becomes an even more enticing prospect than potentially sabotaging sales from people who just want the basic joker fighter (give or take a few echo tweaks) and so go for kasumi instead.

a few people on reddit (and also me here) have speculated that her persona will be josephine balsamo, aka. countess cagliostro - arsene's lover/rival. countess sort of fits the same vibe as thief codenames like 'queen', so i don't think it's impossible.
if not in the fighters pass, go the Piranha Plant route and make her Individual DLC without a stage or music (well okay maybe a FEW bonus tunes? please???)

and MAYBE offer a discount of up to like 30% for Joker owners. maybe. idk.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
so how long until laxchris's video, i'm itching to watch the man read the leak word-for-word then ramble aimlessly to fill the remaining ten minutes

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
so how long until laxchris's video, i'm itching to watch the man read the leak word-for-word then ramble aimlessly to fill the remaining ten minutes
If I ever start making my Youtube videos like that, come over to my side of the world and slap me.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Well, there would be cries of Atlus forcing Nintendo to include more Persona content, or some nonsense like that.
let's be real, if kasumi gets in it was a package deal by atlus in exchange for them giving sakurai literally everything he asked for including P3-4 special treatment

some real godfather "i'll call upon you to do a service for me" type **** by promoting royal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom