• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Yes it did.

Like, I don't really feel like repeating myself, but "Baboom" is not in an early stage of development like Greninja was. Pokemon Sw/Sh is almost certainly practically done from a design and animation standpoint by now. Just because we haven't seen this pokemon in action doesn't mean Sakurai hasn't.

If "Baboom" were in the game, it would not be the same situation at all.
Read what I said again.

He decided on it before WE know anything about it.
That is exactly the case with Greninja.

It literally doesn't matter if one was more "ready" for their game release than the other, he still would've picked something the general public knows absolutely nothing about, which is ballsy for a DLC pick this early.

The entire point was that Baboom was being compared to Incineroar on being a last reveal despite all the various theories and such.
So no. Nothing you said countered anything other than minor semantics regarding Greninja that mean absolutely nothing to the point I was making.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
I'm going to doubt this leak completely. People were initially jumping to Edelgard and Gen 8 Pokemon at the beginning of DLC because they seemed like predictable, if disappointing, picks. Then Joker happened and everyone seemed to agree that those two candidates had no chance.

I don't think many of you here seriously believe this leak, but I'm just saying. These first parties are no more likely now than they were before this leak.

Baboom is a cool name though.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Version without the leaks: Our final DLC roster is as follows:
Joker
Erdrick
Edelgard
Phoenix Wright
Kasumi (free echo for those who own Joker)
Baboom (final evo of Grookey)

Check it. Someone else can explain why we're even humoring it.
...welp...

Glad I didn't purchase the Fighter's Pass if this is true. Even though I highly doubt it.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
yeah, if you ask me, thre is NO WAY we're getting a Gen 8 this soon. or Edelgard. if it was too soon for Rex, Spring Man or Euden, it's too soon for those two too imo

Shroob

Sup?
Why would we get Edlegard anyway over Byleth?

Edlegard was the figurehead before we knew anything about 3 Houses, but Byleth's the Robin/Corrin.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm going to doubt this leak completely. People were initially jumping to Edelgard and Gen 8 Pokemon at the beginning of DLC because they seemed like predictable, if disappointing, picks. Then Joker happened and everyone seemed to agree that those two candidates had no chance.

I don't think many of you here seriously believe this leak, but I'm just saying. These first parties are no more likely now than they were before this leak.

Baboom is a cool name though.
Yeah, but there's just something about this board that makes you emotionally invested and believe what they're assuming. I can't explain it.

At least the killswitch is three weeks away...

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Atlus: So, what should the plot for P5 be?
Employee: Well I got this fortune cookie recently...
Fortune cookie:
CCED4971-804C-4C9E-8263-42ABF6113CA4.jpeg

Shido_irl

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Yeah, but there's just something about this board that makes you emotionally invested and believe what they're assuming. I can't explain it.

At least the killswitch is three weeks away...
Yeah there must be some sort of psychological effect that puts me on my toes no matter how stupid something sounds.

Or maybe that's my paranoia/anxiety coming through IDK.

D

Deleted member

the big "go" message at the start of a match covers up the whole damn screen and stays up for waaay too long

too flashy for it's own good tbh

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Here's my semi-thought out P5 character tier list.

my-image (1).png

Look, I'll even provide explanations.
Order in tiers means something (i.e. top of tier is better than bottom of tier). How much that means, however, I don't know

SS Tier
  • SojiBRO (AKA BROjiro): A real bro through and through. Honestly, one of my favorite characters. While initially stone cold, the way he opens up feels natural, and I love how he comes to be almost a fatherly figure
  • Kawakami: Her confidant is more nuanced than people make it out to be. Also, she's the most useful confidant. Plus, I'm personally a fan of the "reluctant and snarky on the outside, but is actually caring" trope, so sue me
  • Ren: It's impossible to really rank him since he's the player character, but he's the most useful party member and I imagine him as an absolute dork. He hams it up as Joker since he thinks it looks cool. For that he's SS Tier
S Tier
  • Haru: She's best Phantom Thieve girl, but was robbed of the screen time she needed to shine. Hopefully P5R rectifies this.
  • Chihaya: Despite the high cost of initiation, she's the second most useful confidant since she can help with every confidant. Also, a pretty good confidant overall given the dive into her past.
  • Yusuke: He's an absolute dork and he's voiced by Matt Mercer.
  • Ann: This placement just felt right. While she has one of the weaker confidant arcs, I've come to appreciate her more as a character over time. Concentrate -> Blazing Hell is best Magic Damage, and she's the only Phantom Thief to get a severe damage attack.
A Tier
  • Ryuji: A real bro whose under-appreciated by both the Thieves and fans. Also Charge -> God's Hand trivializes endgame bosses.
  • Futaba: Precious cinnamon roll who must be protected. Also the way she and Yusuke go back and forth is great.
  • Mishima: The Mementos man has a pretty good confidant arc.
  • Makoto: Solid mid tier. Overall she's a good character, but is kinda overhyped.
  • Sae: For some reason I couldn't put her above Makoto. She makes for an interesting anti-hero within the story also please give us a romance option in P5R Mr. Atlus ok thanks
  • Takemi: Get her confidant to level 7 ASAP for those sweet, affordable SP Adhesives. Enjoy clearing Palaces in 1 Day (2 Days at the absolute most). Also I love me a good redemption story.
B Tier
  • Hifumi: Functionally one of the most useful confidants. She's also a super dork and I really like that MR. ATLUS WHY DIDN'T YOU MAKE HER A PHANTOM THIEF [REDACTED] THE STORY WAS TOO LONG MORE PERSONA ISN'T A BAD THING IT'S LITERALLY WHAT YOU'RE DOING WITH P5R EXCEPT INSTEAD OF DOING RIGHT YOU ADD KASUMI WHO I'M SURE WILL BE A GREAT CHARACTER BUT STILL I'M DISAPPOINTED
  • Yoshida: I really like how he plays the role of a mentor to Ren, and his confidant perks are useful in their own right. As mentioned earlier, I love me a good redemption story, especially with the honest way Yoshida goes about it.
  • Iwai: I enjoyed his character and confidant arc overall, but I think some more development could go a long way for him.
  • Shinya: An under-appreciated confidant. He is kinda of annoying and overconfidant in his skills, but both Ren and him come out of his confidant arc having learned something. Also maxing out his confidant gives you cool Gun skills AND is required for Yo****sune, so...
  • Caroline and Justine: Nothing against them, but their confidant arc didn't offer much except for strong Personas.
C Tier
  • Morgana: gO TO SLEEP. LADY ANN. I WISH I WERE HUMAN. DON'T DO THAT. RYUJI IS A [REDACTED] [REDACTED]. YOU GUYS DON'T RESPECT ME SO I'M GONNA PUT THE GAME ON HALT FOR A LITERAL WEEK IN WHAT IS ULTIMATELY AN ARBITRARY CONFLICT THAT TAKES AWAY FROM HARU'S SCREENTIME. Makoto and Haru literally do his job but better. Overall he's an incredibly flawed character, and I hope he gets more development in P5R.
  • Akechi: "I am evil" the character. "BUT MY DAD DIDN'T LOVE ME" Cool motive, still murder. Doesn't deserve redemption, and definitely shouldn't be shipped with Ren. They can use him in some interesting ways in P5R though, so maybe he'll jump up a tier in the future.
  • Igor: Forced Confidants are no fun. I do like what they did with him in the story though.
  • Ohya: Literally useless.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I really doubt 1st party promotional characters are in the pass. It's likely they would be stand alone dlc characters instead IMO.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Well you’d lose resources having to make and market Kasumi, that’s one thing. It’s more about the idea of “hey I paid $5.99 for this pack and got a character and an Echo but paid $5.99 for that pack and only got a character”.
I guess we just think differently about these things. if I was in Sakurai's shoes I wouldn't worry about feeling like I cheated people who bought other packs when it would end up making a lot of extra money without having to raise the price of anything.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Read what I said again.

He decided on it before WE know anything about it.
That is exactly the case with Greninja.

It literally doesn't matter if one was more "ready" for their game release than the other, he still would've picked something the general public knows absolutely nothing about, which is ballsy for a DLC pick this early.

The entire point was that Baboom was being compared to Incineroar on being a last reveal despite all the various theories and such.
So no. Nothing you said countered anything other than minor semantics regarding Greninja that mean absolutely nothing to the point I was making.
Why are you constantly so needlessly confrontational?

But sure. I'll read your post again.

In Incineroar's case, Sakurai didn't decide on him until after Sun & Moon's release and seeing the Pokemon in action.
As Sakurai was the subject of this sentence, it's actually more natural to assume the one "seeing the Pokemon in action" is him, not the royal "we". The point I was making was based on your wording, because Sakurai doesn't need to wait until after release to see it in action. Your point in the next sentence clashed with this one and led to confusion over what your point even was.

Hope that helps.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Why would we get Edlegard anyway over Byleth?

Edlegard was the figurehead before we knew anything about 3 Houses, but Byleth's the Robin/Corrin.
I think Edelgard is being pushed by the marketing
Assuming the Three Houses Thanibomb leak is true, Edelgard’s house actually features 2 paths while the other houses only feature 1 path each. Edelgard seems to be the favorite and Smash would coincide with that.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

View attachment 222606

Order in tiers means something (i.e. top of tier is better than bottom of tier). How much that means, however, I don't know

SS Tier
  • SojiBRO (AKA BROjiro): A real bro through and through. Honestly, one of my favorite characters. While initially stone cold, the way he opens up feels natural, and I love how he comes to be almost a fatherly figure
  • Kawakami: Her confidant is more nuanced than people make it out to be. Also, she's the most useful confidant. Plus, I'm personally a fan of the "reluctant and snarky on the outside, but is actually caring" trope, so sue me
  • Ren: It's impossible to really rank him since he's the player character, but he's the most useful party member and I imagine him as an absolute dork. He hams it up as Joker since he thinks it looks cool. For that he's SS Tier
S Tier
  • Haru: She's best Phantom Thieve girl, but was robbed of the screen time she needed to shine. Hopefully P5R rectifies this.
  • Chihaya: Despite the high cost of initiation, she's the second most useful confidant since she can help with every confidant. Also, a pretty good confidant overall given the dive into her past.
  • Ann: This placement just felt right. While she has one of the weaker confidant arcs, I've come to appreciate her more as a character over time. Concentrate -> Blazing Hell is best Magic Damage, and she's the only Phantom Thief to get a severe damage attack.
A Tier
  • Ryuji: A real bro whose under-appreciated by both the Thieves and fans. Also Charge -> God's Hand trivializes endgame bosses.
  • Futaba: Precious cinnamon roll who must be protected. Also the way she and Yusuke go back and forth is great.
  • Makoto: Solid mid tier. Overall she's a good character, but is kinda overhyped.
  • Sae: For some reason I couldn't put her above Makoto. She makes for an interesting anti-hero within the story also please give us a romance option in P5R Mr. Atlus ok thanks
  • Takemi: Get her confidant to level 7 ASAP for those sweet, affordable SP Adhesives. Enjoy clearing Palaces in 1 Day (2 Days at the absolute most). Also I love me a good redemption story.
B Tier
  • Hifumi: Functionally one of the most useful confidants. She's also a super dork and I really like that MR. ATLUS WHY DIDN'T YOU MAKE HER A PHANTOM THIEF [REDACTED] THE STORY WAS TOO LONG MORE PERSONA ISN'T A BAD THING IT'S LITERALLY WHAT YOU'RE DOING WITH P5R EXCEPT INSTEAD OF DOING RIGHT YOU ADD KASUMI WHO I'M SURE WILL BE A GREAT CHARACTER BUT STILL I'M DISAPPOINTED
  • Yoshida: I really like how he plays the role of a mentor to Ren, and his confidant perks are useful in their own right. As mentioned earlier, I love me a good redemption story, especially with the honest way Yoshida goes about it.
  • Iwai: I enjoyed his character and confidant arc overall, but I think some more development could go a long way for him.
  • Shinya: An under-appreciated confidant. He is kinda of annoying and overconfidant in his skills, but both Ren and him come out of his confidant arc having learned something. Also maxing out his confidant gives you cool Gun skills AND is required for Yo****sune, so...
  • Caroline and Justine: Nothing against them, but their confidant arc didn't offer much except for strong Personas.
C Tier
  • Morgana: gO TO SLEEP. LADY ANN. I WISH I WERE HUMAN. DON'T DO THAT. RYUJI IS A [REDACTED] [REDACTED]. Makoto and Haru literally do his job but better.
  • Akechi: "I am evil" the character. "BUT MY DAD DIDN'T LOVE ME" Cool motive, still murder. Doesn't deserve redemption, and definitely shouldn't be shipped with Ren. They can use him in some interesting ways in P5R though, so maybe he'll jump up a tier in the future.
  • Igor: Forced Confidants are no fun. I do like what they did with him in the story though.
>Ann on S rank
You, you're a respectable person.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
If nothing else however, should this wack 4chan "leak" come true it'll only reaffirm that we indeed live in the darkest timeline and that multiverse travel needs to be a thing so I can leave ASAP.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

View attachment 222606

SS Tier
S Tier
A Tier
B Tier
C Tier
  • Morgana: gO TO SLEEP. LADY ANN. I WISH I WERE HUMAN. DON'T DO THAT. RYUJI IS A [REDACTED] [REDACTED]. YOU GUYS DON'T RESPECT ME SO I'M GONNA PUT THE GAME ON HALT FOR A LITERAL WEEK IN WHAT IS ULTIMATELY AN ARBITRARY CONFLICT THAT TAKES AWAY FROM HARU'S SCREENTIME. Makoto and Haru literally do his job but better. Overall he's an incredibly flawed character, and I hope he gets more development in P5R.
Say that one more time li’l *****.
EADC7988-1A98-444E-A1A2-BB92733ABD6E.jpeg

Iridium

Smash Hero
Perfect answer, Noipoi Noipoi .

I believe you have the two confused for Gentlepanda, whose ****posting style differs from Faygo. Put it this way: Gentlepanda is to Salvador Dali what Faygo is to Andy Warhol.
Oh, when I mentioned that to them, they went and proved me right too.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I believe you have the two confused for Gentlepanda, whose ****posting style differs from Faygo. Put it this way: Gentlepanda is to Salvador Dali what Faygo is to Andy Warhol.
i don't know who those people are so i'm going to take that as a compliment of the highest degree and overinflate my ego again

god bless you, karnera

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom