• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
How many game franchises did you play, starting in the second (3,4,5, etc) game in the series?

The first game i played was Super Mario World, and i never knew about the older Mario games by that time.

I played Crash Bandicoot 2 and 3 before i played Crash 1.

The first game i ever had was Sonic 2. I played Sonic 2, 3 and 3&K a ton of times, got to play Sonic 1 years later.

Digimon World 2 was the first Digimon game i played, i finished World 2 and 3 and just played Digimon World 1 10 years later.
F-Zero X was the first video game I have ever played. Super Mario 64 followed it shortly after.

Other franchises I've started playing with sequels include:

The Legend of Zelda (Wind Waker)
Street Fighter (SF2 though this one doesn't mean much)
Sonic the Hedgehog (Sonic CD 2D, Sonic Heroes 3D)
Final Fantasy (FFVII)
Metal Gear (Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops+ but this is just an expansion, Metal Gear Rising was the first chronological game I played, Metal Gear Solid 4 was the first chronological Solid game I've played).
Castlevania (Symphony of the Night)
Metroid (Corruption for 3D and overall, Super Metroid for 2D)
God of War (God of War PS4 = God of War 4)
Halo (Halo 3: ODST, Halo 4 for a true sequel)
Persona (Persona 5)
Guilty Gear (Guilty Gear Xrd)
Marvel vs. Capcom (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Fire Emblem (Awakening)
Mega Man (Mega Man 2)
Pac-Man (Pac-Man World 2 was the first and so far only 3D Pac-Man game I've played)
Guitar Hero (Guitar Hero III)
Batman Arkham (Batman Arkham City)
Uncharted (Uncharted 3)
The Elder Scrolls (Skyrim)
Pokemon (Pokemon Silver)
Star Fox (Star Fox 64)
Tony Hawk (Pro Skater 2, mostly remember 4 though)
Gran Turismo (Gran Turismo 3)
Kirby (Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards)
Kid Icarus (Uprising)
Shin Megami Tensei (SMT IV)
Bioshock (Bioshock Infinite)
Grand Theft Auto (GTA 3)

And these are the ones from the top of my head. XD

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
How many game franchises did you play, starting in the second (3,4,5, etc) game in the series?

The first game i played was Super Mario World, and i never knew about the older Mario games by that time.

I played Crash Bandicoot 2 and 3 before i played Crash 1.

The first game i ever had was Sonic 2. I played Sonic 2, 3 and 3&K a ton of times, got to play Sonic 1 years later.

Digimon World 2 was the first Digimon game i played, i finished World 2 and 3 and just played Digimon World 1 10 years later.
My first Mario game was the GBC port of the NES game, so technically I kinda started with the first one. But the following Mario game I played was Sunshine, which I also played a lot more, so that was my real start.

The first Metroid game I played was Metroid Prime. Didn't go back and play the NES game until a little while after I beat Prime 3. Still haven't beaten Super Metroid or Fusion.

I started Zelda with Wind Waker, and almost didn't continue playing the series, but then I got Twilight Princess for Christmas that year, took a chance on it, and it blew me away and became one of my favorite games of all time. Now I've beaten every 3D Zelda multiple times, except for Skyward Sword, which I've hardly played. I've also gotten pretty far into the original NES Zelda, but never beat it.

Started Kirby with Nightmare in Dreamland, the remake of the NES game, which was a remake of the original GB game. So I kinda started with the first game. I've beaten most of the DS and 3DS Kirby game since then, but still need to go back to the older ones before Nightmare in Dreamland, especially since they're pretty important in the long run, it seems.

My first Pokemon game was Ruby, but Fire Red came out shortly afterwards, so I got to experience Gen I in beautiful color. Then I got Soul Silver some years down the line, too. Thank goodness for remakes!

Sonic Adventure was my first Sonic game, followed by Sonic Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog. Somehow I skipped Sonic Adventure 2, though it's sitting in my Steam Library. Waiting.

I also played Crash Bandicoot 2 and 3 before 1. In fact, I don't think I ever owned or played 1.

D

Deleted member

Bad puns? I love those.

Why did Joker get suspended from school?

He joked too much.

D

Deleted member

Why did Fox beat Chrom in a race?

Because Firefox is faster than Google Chrom.

I love bad puns too

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Honestly, I am hoping you played Tekken 3 as a baby because you would be the next karate kid in my eyes.
I was like 4, so close enough. Like I said, first game I ever played. Or remember playing, if there's something else I played when I was younger, I wouldn't know.

D

Deleted member

I come dashin' back in here to find you guys making as many puns as there are colors in the rainbow? C'mon guys, they're like, the lowest form of comedy.

KH3's Gummi Ship segments are actually really fun once you get into them. The editor is really smooth and easy to use, and the boss fights with the Gummi Ships are fantastic. Oh, and the Tangled Keyblade is nuts: I thought Shooting Stars was a busted Keyblade, but the Tangled one does insane damage and has straight up busted abilities. The shotlock commands are also heals for Sora, so TBH I'm torn between investing in Shooting Stars or the Tangled Keyblade.

D

Deleted member

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Shared this before, but I poorly timed it so here it is again:

What did Ike tell the orchestra manager who tried to buy his piano composition at a low price?

:ultike: “You’ll get no symphony from me!”

Feel free to kick me out anytime.

D

Deleted member

Shared this before, but I poorly timed it so here it is again:

What did Ike tell the orchestra manager who tried to buy his piano composition at a low price?

:ultike: “You’ll get no symphony from me!”

Feel free to kick me out anytime.
You used that joke more than once.

D

Deleted member

What did K. Rool say when he discovered that he could take over the world?

"Oh boy I can't wait to Rool the world!"

I can do puns too

R O F L

Smash Ace
Y'all need to be fine with promotional picks...
They happen...

Smash itself, is an ad, so basically, it's just an ad being added to an ad
I don't see anything wrong with that
I'm more than ok with promotional picks.

Most people I want only have a chance because of them.

Hey, Chinese bootlegs think I'm funny...

Okay, seriously, why does it say "funny"?
Fun would make sense, buy funny is very out-of-place.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I forgot, I also played Mega Man 2 before any other Mega Man game, although it's still the only one I've played so idk (but hey Pac-Man World 2 is the only Pac-Man World game I've played).

I mainly wanted to play it because of Wood Man but it was a nice game imo, the level with the blocks that kept disappearing and reappearing was annoying though.

edit: of course there's also Super Mario 64, Yoshi's Story, and Kirby Super Star Ultra all of which I played before their first games...I'm starting to think I played a game after the first for just about every series...

-also, bootlegs are why 7 Grand Dad exists so yes.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
There's a lot of bootlegs that have that "funny" title.

Must be a translation thing...
I don't even want to know what "PHAYLUS" was supposed to be but I'm also worried that I already do know...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom