• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I wonder, why do you think people have taken to Artorias so well, yet Erdrick seems quite decisive to say the very least? That seems to be a trend I have seen, even with people who don't trust the leak or have even heard of Artorias before the leak.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I should be more excited about posting this, but:

I'm now five subscribers away from hitting 5000 for the first time, and I just learned last night of a 30000 sub Youtuber making reaction videos to our stuff. I guess we're kind of in the big time, maybe. Who knows.
You should need just four now :)

D

Deleted member

Tagging Noipoi Noipoi , @ShinyLegendary, and Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! since they seemed interested:

Clay Bricks
Various Building Blocks
Flowers
Leaves
Wool
Stained Glass
Cave 1
Cave 2
Desert
Snow
Forest

The pack was heavily inspired by Earthbound and Mother 3, along with some SNES era SMB and Zelda thrown in. I was planning on calling it "Super Saturn Land" because of the Mario and EB influence, and I also planned on having a little mascot character for it:

pack.png

All in all, the sprite art here is pretty rough and kinda bad. I know I could do a lot better now if I ever wanted to give it another shot. Maybe I will, maybe I won't: Depends on if I find the time among other things I enjoy doing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shroob

Sup?
I wonder, why do you think people have taken to Artorias so well, yet Erdrick seems quite decisive to say the very least? That seems to be a trend I have seen, even with people who don't trust the leak or have even heard of Artorias before the leak.
Easy.

One's from a franchise that a lot of Smash players have never heard about(+anime design)

The other's Dark Souls and looks bad ass.

Yes, the Smash Bubble can be this petty.

D

Deleted member

like google leak is fake for two reasons:
  1. the searches only pertained to exact terms ("artorias super smash bros ultimate", "artorias smash bros ultimate"), instead of the real joker ad coming up on "joker", "super", "smash", "bros", and "ultimate" in any order (because exact phrases cost most less to put ads on than commonly-used words)
  2. the ads have gone down as of today because it was probably getting too expensive on the guy
but ****ing hell do i want artorias now
Lucikly he's been "leaked" before Google (as part of Fighter Pack #2, even) so don't give up hope. :p

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
dark souls is much more popular in the west than dragon quest

that's about it

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
>Premium
>Yellow name

This is weird
It relates to infraction points; if someone has 3 or more active points they go under "posting probation" (which is how they lock people with too many infractions out of the competitive boards), and that affects things like the name colours for premium and pranked users.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
So I think it’s fair to say that if Koei Tecmo and SNK got representation in Smash, Ryu Hayabusa and Terry Bogard would be the ones representing them respectfully. If Arc System Works were to make it, do you think they’d be represented by Sol Badguy or Ragna the Bloodedge?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It relates to infraction points; if someone has 3 or more active points they go under "posting probation" (which is how they lock people with too many infractions out of the competitive boards), and that affects things like the name colours for premium and pranked users.
punished yet again

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Easy.

One's from a franchise that a lot of Smash players have never heard about(+anime design)

The other's Dark Souls and looks bad ***.

Yes, the Smash Bubble can be this petty.
I would argue Artorias is also pretty anime(The Guts comparison exists for a reason), but that makes sense. I partially think people have also been silently wanting this sort of berserker character.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
I bet since Erdrick wasn't a super popular choice, a more beloved character by comparison seems more palatable to many.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
There have been a lot of “Smash bubble” things this time with DLC. But we’ll see how it all turns out.

Either way, there will be some sort of surprise with one of the picks. I feel that for sure.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Erdrick- Anime, therefore bad
Artorias- Berserk, the one anime edgelords won't call you out for watching because it's dark and edgy and gorey.

Sidenote I ****ing love Berserk and need to buy more of it. Don't like the use of the F slur in one chapter though, even if it was at Griffith's expense

D

Deleted member

Because Erdrick is another generic swordfighter. Duh.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Lucikly he's been "leaked" before Google (as part of Fighter Pack #2, even) so don't give up hope. :p
to play devil's advocate, it's just as much a possibility that the original 4chan poster was the same guy who set up the google leak to give the idea more traction

that said, i do think that if we get a namco rep, it'll be souls

D

Deleted member

ALSO ALSO
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Ah, good to see that after MM11, MHW, RE2 and DMC5, Capcom is back to their old tricks again.

D

Deleted member

to play devil's advocate, it's just as much a possibility that the original 4chan poster was the same guy who set up the google leak to give the idea more traction

that said, i do think that if we get a namco rep, it'll be souls
Setting it up 3 months later just for one character?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom