• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Coming out March 13th, 2020.

Supposed to had been May 22nd, 2020 but was moved forward due to Fast 9 being moved on the same date and so was done to avoid competition with it given Fast and Furious' popularity and how big of hits the movies are.
I see, I guess I can only wait.

Smashboards: "We want to keep this site PG-13 and you can't be too mean to each other even if you're both clearly joking because what if a child saw it despite children not being allowed on the site"
Also Smashboards: "Videos talking about how pedophilia is good despite literally targeting minors and being illegal is fine lmao"
Grey I love ya but this ain't it
Again, I doubt if you have watch the video but, that's really a strawman argument there...

The problem with the video now I watch it....

Appabend post a QRcode at the end of the video, which yes that website does VIOLATE ToS guys.

Then again, the video point still stand and my fault was never posting the topic but rather the media I chose that's all.
Grey, I love ya, and I know you're just doin' your job of nippin' potentially heated debates in the bud, but did you actually watch the video before you said that?

It is very much against ToS.
Now I remember yeah, sorry staindgrey staindgrey , I guess you haven't watch the end of the video but, the problem with that was the QRCode at the end, which please don't scan it...

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Just visiting.

Brought a box down from the office. One of many. I'm gonna go through it tonight, clear out what I don't need.

Understand it won't mean much to anyone else, but it's the first step I've really taken towards getting my **** well and truly together in years - since Fall 2016, possibly earlier - and getting that place sussed would mean a lot to me.

Might just make it a good night.

Cross fingers for me y'all.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Just visiting.

Brought a box down from the office. One of many. I'm gonna go through it tonight, clear out what I don't need.

Understand it won't mean much to anyone else, but it's the first step I've really taken towards getting my **** well and truly together in years - since Fall 2016, possibly earlier - and getting that place sussed would mean a lot to me.

Making progress in life one step at a time, proud of you.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Just visiting.

Hell yeah bro!

rockin kirby.gif

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I'll tell you, once you actually look at Godzilla (more like Godstupida) through a critical lens, it really starts to fall apart and shows itself as the terrible movie it actually is.

You mean to tell me this thing has laser breath that can melt buildings, but it doesn't melt its own esophagus when firing said laser breath? For real?

*Ding!*

And a creature of that size wouldn't be able to STAND, never mind move around, due to not only gravity, but requiring more energy than whatever food source is available to provide it.

*Ding!*
You can tell where Michael is getting his material from CinemaSins because the Godzilla movie had multiple sins taken off for Godzilla having a terrifying roar and later breathing atomic fire down the throat of one of the generic enemy monsters.

. . .What? I've been trying to wean myself off of it.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Just visiting.

Even a small step forward is still a step forward.

ezgif-2-1006888d15c7.gif

I believe in you! I know you can build on this and make further improvements!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Hey now no need to insult you know...
I know two wrongs don't make a right but whenever you talk about movies you almost always insult people who enjoyed the movies or insult people who made the movies just because some dummies on the internet deliberately looked for stuff to nitpick about. Still can't get over how Snowpiecer got **** on by Cinemasins because "Lol trains can't move without tracks" despite the ENTIRE point of the train being symbolic for the movie's entire goddamn theme and story

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Just visiting.

Glad to hear, a lot of the times, to improve you gotta get it done bit by bit.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I know two wrongs don't make a right but whenever you talk about movies you almost always insult people who enjoyed the movies or insult people who made the movies just because some dummies on the internet deliberately looked for stuff to nitpick about. Still can't get over how Snowpiecer got **** on by Cinemasins because "Lol trains can't move without tracks" despite the ENTIRE point of the train being symbolic for the movie's entire goddamn theme and story
Again I've never insulted anyone or at least not intentionally. I simply disagreed with them. Geez.

D

Deleted member

I'll tell you, once you actually look at Godzilla (more like Godstupida) through a critical lens, it really starts to fall apart and shows itself as the terrible movie it actually is.

You mean to tell me this thing has laser breath that can melt buildings, but it doesn't melt its own esophagus when firing said laser breath? For real?

*Ding!*

And a creature of that size wouldn't be able to STAND, never mind move around, due to not only gravity, but requiring more energy than whatever food source is available to provide it.

*Ding!*
"Godzilla is racist towards Japanese people." *ding*
Also Godzilla is SJW propaganda about how nuclear weapons aren't good and to boycott it I'm going to make a non feminist version so everyone can pirateit and go skinny dipping in a septic tank
"Here's my apolitical Godzilla: first, he's a cool male lizard who kills terrorists in the middle east and his powers come from God who gave him powers to end the evil on earth such as terrorists, white genocide and the absence of pineapple on pizza"

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
I just can't get into Mario games.

I mean, how does this fat italian save a mushroom princess from a dragon turtle? It's in no way realistic!

It just makes no damn sense...
"Yeah, I have the same problem with Zelda games! Like, how the **** does the desert dude, turn into that big blue pig monster anyway? And there's these three yellow triangles, which apparently have "sacred powers" or some ****. Not at all realistic! And what does this Zelda guy even wear? What's the silly looking green hat about? Very impractical outfit!"

god i need some sleep lol

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

When someone dislikes a movie because of CinemaSins there's no point in trying to convince them otherwise.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Could just be that they have an emotional attachment to that household. After all, a purely volcan-esque approach to logic would dictate that you probably shouldn't have crying screaming children in a time like so, but as smart as humans are, they are also pretty dumb.
1. This emotional attachment hasn't been established. This is writing FOR the script...

2. Saying that characters act as "logically as possible" is one of the most annoying strawmen propagated. If a character acts in a way that makes sense for that character to do, it's "logical" in that sense. For example, Peter Quill in Infinity War lashes out at Thanos in a way that compromises the plan to stop him, but it makes sense for Peter to do that given what we know him to do. Therefore, what he did was "logical." In A Quiet Place however, the family is established to take advantage of the tools given to them to not get killed by the beasts. That is #1 priority for them. YET they don't take advantage of the waterfall despite confirming that it nullifies all sounds they make. That's illogical both in the Vulcan-esque AND the human-esque approach.

3. They could've cut that waterfall scene and nothing would've changed. It had all the drawbacks of ruining immersion and none of the benefits of setup/payoff...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I don't really care too much about Mike's movie opinions, some of which I do disagree with HEAVILY, but do 5 of you need to jump down his throat at once? ****, man, it's not that serious.

You wouldn't want anyone doing the same to you, especially over movies.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Guys, can we just move on from the Michael-movie discussion.

We literally do this every other day and nothing gets accomplished from it.

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Again I've never insulted anyone or at least not intentionally. I simply disagreed with them. Geez.
And yet, every time you talk about something you dislike, you slam it like it's the scum of the earth, and personally insulted you just by existing.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I don't really care too much about Mike's movie opinions, some of which I do disagree with HEAVILY, but do 5 of you need to jump down his throat at once? ****, man, it's not that serious.

You wouldn't want anyone doing the same to you, especially over movies.
I don't care about his actual opinions, I care about the way he voices them.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I actually didn't hate A Quiet Place due to CinemaSins. It was long before they made a video on it. I based it on my opinion.

Double K

Smash Lord
Oh great, more anime crap...

I'm interested.
OKAY, BUCKLE DOWN BECAUSE YOU'RE IN FOR A RIDE

Garo is a tokusatsu series, with monster design by Keita Amemiya-- who did creature design for SMT4

It's about the Golden Knight-- the titular Garo, as he fights the monster of the Week, called Horrors and overthrows whatevere major plot the series runs on. The animation is about Leon Luis trying to settle a vendetta and stop the mad Makai Alchemist, Mendoza, from doing a bad thing and becoming immortal, while also avenging his mom.

By the way, Leon was born during his mother's burning at the stake.

Consistently, Garo is a series about inheritance. What the next generation takes from us is important, so we have to protect the world so they don't have to clean up our mess, and just because someone is gone, they aren't erased. You and everyone they met was affected by them, and they will keep the memory of the departed going, from generation to generation.

Divine Flame, is a fantastic film about the freedom of choice, but more importantly, how we have to let people go. The dead must rest, and we must not try to fight against the natural way of things. It's a film about grief and accepting it, but how we have the choice on how to deal with it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBfoYjb7Y7k

here is the OP for the anime

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Please drop this discussion if you can't argue without calling out other people.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Anyways as I said I don't mean or intend to insult people on their opinion on movies. As Hinata mentioned its the way I word it without realizing and I truly apologize for that.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
WHO WOULD WIN IN THE BATTLE OF MOVIE CRITICISM

The added tension to a scene made in movies that audiences will make them too excited about the movie to notice the illogical moments in said scene such as artificially making a time limit or the need to catch a certain train

OR

ONE NITPICKY YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
cinemasins be like

"this thing kinda weird tho lol"

ding
At least we learned that apples are symbolic shorthand in movies for the sins of mankind

Well like

That's not exactly how they put it but we can infer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom