• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Just so you know, you're on thin ****ing ice Cla, I'm watching you, if you don't believe Spider-Verse is god's gift to this forsaken land then you are Cancelled™
Cla: "I also think that Spider-Verse was a pretty weak film and the 30-frame animation style didn't do it any fa-"

[Notices comment]

Cla: "I-I mean, it is a product of its time! Not my favorite, but not a bad movie by any means!"

EDIT: Darn it, too late :v

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I can't wait for A Quiet Place 2 and It: Chapter 2.

A lot of horror movies these days aren't very good or don't get a lot of attention, but A Quiet Place and Get Out are awesome because of the unique type of horror movies they bring to the table. It is another awesome modern horror movie and it's (no pun intended) a remake of the original 1990 It. This is the only example of a horror movie remake that's better than the original that I can think of.

Also, if you have seen in, what do y'all think of Us? But don't include any story elements, I haven't seen it yet (but I do want to).

D

Deleted member

Deadpool movies... okay, they killed off Shatterstar, I'm not gonna pretend I can be objective about them. That part made me bitter about the franchise in general, call me petty all you want.
But they introduced the best member of the X-Force: Peter.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Even if Black Panther is one of my least favorites, I will acknowledge that it has the best visuals and the best villain out of all the MCU. That being said, I didn't like anything else about it.
I didn't enjoy Black Panther as much as I hoped to but goddamn do I love how different the movie feels aesthetically despite being kind of similar to the older MCU movies. The fact it did so well is amazing as it hopefully means that we'll get more movies without 95% white people all the time

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
It's not the true Fire Emblem Fates experience unless there's incest.

Corrin x Azura
Now you're asking for Gay Fates, which is the point of my Revelations run.

If it works I'll do it.
This screenshot is actually incredibly important. It's proof of Tots's original join date.
This post made me realize that Tots and I joined on the same day 5 years apart.

Just another reason I like him.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
OK, before I go, I got to say this.

redfeatherraven redfeatherraven

I approve your loooong boi Pika avi.

Your editing is great **** as always.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
I didn't enjoy Black Panther as much as I hoped to but goddamn do I love how different the movie feels aesthetically despite being kind of similar to the older MCU movies. The fact it did so well is amazing as it hopefully means that we'll get more movies without 95% white people all the time
Captain America is now black but will he kneel for the anthem?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
>In March 2019, Fox executive Emma Watts described Dark Phoenix as "the perfect send off" for Fox's X-Men franchise.

Uh no if anything Logan was the perfect send off for the franchise. Dark Phoenix doesn't even need to exist given the eventual integration and reboot in the MCU.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I liked Black Panther, but you're kidding me if you think the CG wasn't jank as hell, especially the last fight. I know a LOT of superhero movies deal with bad CG, but that seemed like a low point. But so many movies use CG now that your eye's bound to be trained to see it, meaning it has to be really good to not stick out like a sore thumb.

I felt similarly in ASM2, the fight between Spider-Man and Electro felt like a weird video game level cut into the movie, which is jarring from the rest of the films CG on Spider-Man being fine.

Deadpool movies... okay, they killed off Shatterstar, I'm not gonna pretend I can be objective about them. That part made me bitter about the franchise in general, call me petty all you want.
Nah, that's fair, if your favorite character, or one of them gets dunked on, you're allowed to be bitter.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I can't wait for A Quiet Place 2 and It: Chapter 2.

A lot of horror movies these days aren't very good or don't get a lot of attention, but A Quiet Place and Get Out are awesome because of the unique type of horror movies they bring to the table. It is another awesome modern horror movie and it's (no pun intended) a remake of the original 1990 It. This is the only example of a horror movie remake that's better than the original that I can think of.

Also, if you have seen in, what do y'all think of Us? But don't include any story elements, I haven't seen it yet (but I do want to).
I know its your opinion but what do people see in A Quiet Place.

For me its a mess of a movie and on top of that it looks good on paper but once you watch it you see how inconsistent, flawed and massive of plot holes the movie has. You tell me a random deaf girl can find out these creatures weaknesses, creatures that almost drove humanity to extinction and yet...the world's governments and military couldn't figure it out given they have weapons can can create sound? Surely they would had figured it out...:glare:

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

For me its a mess of a movie and on top of that it looks good on paper but once you watch it you see how inconsistent, flawed and massive of plot holes the movie has. You tell me a random deaf girl can find out these creatures weaknesses, creatures that almost drove humanity to extinction and yet...the world's governments and military couldn't figure it out given they have weapons can can create sound? Surely they would had figured it out...:glare:
You did not give that video I linked before a chance did you?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I liked Black Panther, but you're kidding me if you think the CG wasn't jank as hell, especially the last fight. I know a LOT of superhero movies deal with bad CG, but that seemed like a low point. But so many movies use CG now that your eye's bound to be trained to see it, meaning it has to be really good to not stick out like a sore thumb.

I felt similarly in ASM2, the fight between Spider-Man and Electro felt like a weird video game level cut into the movie, which is jarring from the rest of the films CG on Spider-Man being fine.

Nah, that's fair, if your favorite character, or one of them gets dunked on, you're allowed to be bitter.
A few days ago I linked a Sonic video talking about how common such terrible work conditions are for people responsible for the visual team and used Black Panther as an example ad the CG in the third act had to be rushed iirc

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I also literally quitted once the father put the batteries back within reach for their youngest child to grab rather then an high shelf and then leaving him UNSUPERVISED again and while having their two kids being the last to trail behind rather then being next and close to him and his wife...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

I also literally quitted once the father put the batteries back within reach for their youngest child to grab rather then an high shelf and then leaving him UNSUPERVISED again and while having their two kids being the last to trail behind rather then being next and close to him and his wife...
Your first mistake was believing that governments and militaries are known for their intelligence.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Speaking of X-Men
before Endgame showed up with it's interesting take on the mechanic of Time Travel, Days of Future Past had a VERY interesting take.

Instead of physical people being sent back in time Kitty sent Wolverine's consciousness back so that he could change the past to save the future. MUCH better take than any time machine had been able to do.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Honestly, in the real world the military and/or nuclear bombs sounds like it'd solve any biological nigh-apocalypse event in a damn hurry.

I think at that point you'd have to suspend your disbelief so you can enjoy the movie within the confines of the rules the movie establishes.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
User was warned for this post
We get it you're dumb and think CinemaSins is actually good

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Spider Verse is obviously amazing and the only problem I have with it is that I don't know if I like it more than Homecoming or not
I mean, I'd say Spider-Verse is far better than Homecoming. It gets the themes of Spider-Man down right, as well as the character of Peter Parker. AND it had a version of Miles who's more interesting than his comic counterpart(though I think his comic counterpart has made some improvements lately post-bendis.)

Now if only there was a movie to fix whatever the hell happened to Ben Riley after he got brought back to life. He was even more redundant to Peter than Miles, now he's redundant to Kaine I feel.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

Have you heard of a lovely little thing called Suspension of Disbelief?

I think you might need it.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
And another thing. These creatures can tear with silos with relative ease yet can't tear through broken down vehicles to kill children?

Wut?

D

Deleted member

A few days ago I linked a Sonic video talking about how common such terrible work conditions are for people responsible for the visual team and used Black Panther as an example ad the CG in the third act had to be rushed iirc
Was about to mention that. Yeah, BP had to have its third act special effects rushed because Hpllywood only knows hoe to treat Directors and Actors with any sort of respect.

Also, people usually mention the few times they did notice Special Effects Failure but I doubt ya'll can figure out the times you didn't notice them which, spoiler: are 95% of MCU movies.
Seriously, these people don't get enough credit and only get **** on when they have to rush stuff due to bad work conditions despite being the main reason the MCU works at all.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
And another thing. These creatures can tear with silos with relative ease yet can't tear through broken down vehicles to kill children?

Wut?
“If you’re wondering how he eats and breathes
And other science facts
Then repeat to yourself ‘It’s just a show,
I should really just relax.’”

Basically, suspension of disbelief. Something you need to learn.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Honestly, in the real world the military and/or nuclear bombs sounds like it'd solve any biological nigh-apocalypse event in a damn hurry.

I think at that point you'd have to suspend your disbelief so you can enjoy the movie within the confines of the rules the movie establishes.
Rules the movie establishes? Okay...

The protagonists are established to be resourceful and creative in mitigating sounds throughout their home. So why do they not take advantage of living by the waterfall? I think it would've served the movie better if they just cut that scene out...

D

Deleted member

User was warned for this post
There is nothing more annoying than hearing and seeing Michael slam movies to the ground.
hank hill.jpg

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
That said. Director of the movie really should had proofread the script before making this movie.

But enough of that I'll stop where I am before I begin to go off once more being repetitive about things.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

The protagonists are established to be resourceful and creative in mitigating sounds throughout their home. So why do they not take advantage of living by the waterfall? I think it would've served the movie better if they just cut that scene out...
Could just be that they have an emotional attachment to that household.

After all, a purely vulcan-esque approach to logic would dictate that you probably shouldn't have crying screamingbabies in a time like so, but as smart as humans are, they are also pretty dumb and driven by their emotions.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'll tell you, once you actually look at Godzilla (more like Godstupida) through a critical lens, it really starts to fall apart and shows itself as the terrible movie it actually is.

You mean to tell me this thing has laser breath that can melt buildings, but it doesn't melt its own esophagus when firing said laser breath? For real?

*Ding!*

And a creature of that size wouldn't be able to STAND, never mind move around, due to not only gravity, but requiring more energy than whatever food source is available to provide it.

*Ding!*

D

Deleted member

When have you seen a horror movie where people avoid triggering the monster's hearing rather than their sight or smell?

The movie brings a unique take on horror to the table, doesn't need to specialize in bloodshed, develops lovable characters, and adds emotion while also having a happy ending, as opposed to the usual doom, gloom, and protagonist death horror movies have.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Wut?
Wait you're telling me this movie has unrealistic creatures with super strength yet you draw the line at the idea that parents aren't always responsible? Cause uhhhh. I hope you realize you only noticed this when someone decided to watch the movie to focus on every minor little detail and pause the movie every 5 seconds to go "This is bad because X" and not when you saw it in theatres. It's like how my biggest criticisms of Endgame only popped up like a week after I watched it

Shroob

Sup?
I'll tell you, once you actually look at Godzilla (more like Godstupida) through a critical lens, it really starts to fall apart and shows itself as the terrible movie it actually is.

You mean to tell me this thing has laser breath that can melt buildings, but it doesn't melt its own esophagus when firing said laser breath? For real?

*Ding!*

And a creature of that size wouldn't be able to STAND, never mind move around, due to not only gravity, but requiring more energy than whatever food source is available to provide it.

*Ding!*
Hello, police?

I'd like to report a Mmmmmmmmmmmmwerder.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Skip to 14:32 in this video: https://youtu.be/6qvAAxeevbo

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I just can't get into Mario games.

I mean, how does this fat italian save a mushroom princess from a dragon turtle? It's in no way realistic!

It just makes no damn sense...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

*Ding!*

*Ding!*
Also Godzilla is SJW propaganda about how nuclear weapons aren't good and to boycott it I'm going to make a non feminist version so everyone can pirateit and go skinny dipping in a septic tank

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom