• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
One thing I didn't like about Captain Marvel was how Nick Fury lost his eye.

Goose the cat actually an alien scratching it.

Makes that statement he says in The Winter Soldier such a joke now...-_-

D

Deleted member

Favorite superhero movies? No particular order
GotG 1 & 2
Logan
Captain America Trilogy
Burton's Batman and Batman Returns
Antman aka ANTS
Iron man
Avengers, Infinity War and Endgame
Spiderverse
Raimi's Spiderman 2
Doctor Strange
Thor and Thor: Ragnarok (this one actually felt like Hemsworth finally reached Thor's potential)
will we ever get a superhero movie as good as the dark knight ever again?
I liked Logan a lot (although the farm scene seemed a bit dumb on Xavier's behalf)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Also when it comes to Pixar it has to be Toy Story 2, therefore I am excited for Toy Story 4.
Meanwhile as you may already know I'm excited for Godzilla 2 alongside Hobbs & Shaw. No doubt will those be up there with Missing Link as my favorite movies this year.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I liked Captain Marvel. I saw that a lot of people hate it for some reason but it had the charm and humor all the other MCU movies I love (which in other words is just all MCU movies) had for me.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
So we're doing MCU movie rankings huh?

My top 5 would be:

1. Avengers: Infinity War
2. Spider-Man Homecoming
3. Guardians of the Galaxy
4. Captain America: Civil War
5. Thor: Ragnarok

Bottom 5 would be:

5. Captain America: The First Avenger (Honestly, I don't even dislike this one)
4. Captain Marvel
3. The Incredible Hulk
2. Iron Man 2
1. Thor: The Dark World

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I can't believe I ever trusted you
I mean to be fair I can understand why some people may had not liked Black Panther. I agree with many that it was overpraised and overhyped although still not a bad movie by all means. I think its average at best alongside Into the Spider-Verse (IMO also overpraised and overhyped).

People were even called racist for not liking the movie...Do those people even know that definition of that?

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
When I rank the MCU in my head, I have a hard time separating Infinity War and Endgame. They're just a single movie split into two parts.

Without the other part, I can't consider either one a particularly great beginning-to-end movie. But Infinity War with Endgame's resolution or Endgame with Infinity War's buildup makes both incredible.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I've seen MCU movies from Iron Man 1 to Spider-Man: Homecoming...

1. Guardians of the Galaxy
2. Guardians of the Galaxy 2
3. Captain America: Civil War
4. Iron Man
5. Doctor Strange

Bottom:

5. Thor
4. Captain America: The First Avenger
3. Iron Man 3
2. The Incredible Hulk
1. Thor: The Dark World (and even then, it's "okay" at worst)

:yoshi:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I love Logan. Interesting how the best X-Men movie wasn't even a superhero movie in proper.

X-Factor movie when?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
When I rank the MCU in my head, I have a hard time separating Infinity War and Endgame. They're just a single movie split into two parts.

Without the other part, I can't consider either one a particularly great beginning-to-end movie. But Infinity War with Endgame's resolution or Endgame with Infinity War's buildup makes both incredible.
Fun fact: The ending of Infinity War (Thanos snapping and everyone turning to dust) was originally supposed to be the beginning of Endgame. But the Russo brothers decided they wanted Endgame to start during the fallout of the snap, so they moved the scene to the end of Infinity War. Plus, they just thought it would give more incentive for people to watch Endgame, since they'd wanna see how the snap is undone, as opposed to "does he actually do it".

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm not much of a movie guy myself. I don't even watch a ton of superhero flicks anymore.

Buuuuut, the OG Predator movie is an all time favorite of mine.

If you want to play any good super hero games, outside of the MVC series, I recommend Spider-Man 2, Ultimate, Spider-Man, Spider-Man PS4, Batman Arkham Asylum, Batman Arkham City, X-Men Legends 2 and Hulk Ultimate Destruction.

If you want something more old school, Spider-Man and Venom: Maximum Carnage and X-Men the Arcade game are pretty good too, hard as hell tho.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I love Logan. Interesting how the best X-Men movie wasn't even a superhero movie in proper.

X-Factor movie when?
Logan is a perfect conclusion to Fox's X-Men series as far as I'm concerned. Why the **** is Dark Phoenix and New Mutants being made especially given Disney's purchase and their eventual reboot and integration into the MCU? Makes those movies pointless to begin with.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Buuuuut, the OG Predator movie is an all time favorite of mine.
Funny I actually watched that tonight. Gonna also watch the second one this year.

On the note of favorite movie of all time for me. That'd be the Heisei Gamera Trilogy. No movies or trilogy will ever top those. Not even the new Godzilla movie coming out or Godzilla vs. Kong.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Meanwhile as you may already know I'm excited for Godzilla 2 alongside Hobbs & Shaw. No doubt will those be up there with Missing Link as my favorite movies this year.
I might wait until Godzilla vs King Kong whenever that comes out.
I didn't like the first trailer of Hobbs and Shaw but after 2nd trailer I'm excited.

So we're doing MCU movie rankings huh?

My top 5 would be:

1. Avengers: Infinity War
2. Spider-Man Homecoming
3. Guardians of the Galaxy
4. Captain America: Civil War
5. Thor: Ragnarok

Bottom 5 would be:

5. Captain America: The First Avenger (Honestly, I don't even dislike this one)
4. Captain Marvel
3. The Incredible Hulk
2. Iron Man 2
1. Thor: The Dark World
There's already a thread about this but anyway:
top 5:
1. Endgame
2. Infinity War
3. Guardian of The Galaxy
4. Black Panther
5. Spiderman Homecoming

Bottom 5
1. Captain Marvel
2. Thor 2
3. Iron Man 3
4. Hulk
5. Thor
mario123007 mario123007 and @Opossum

We don't need to debate it anymore. Long as the video doesn't break any rules in the ToS you're free to post it.
Understood, I know it's never a good thing to debate here, and yes I agree, and I always respect other's opinion as long as it makes sense.

If don't like the video, just ignore it, plain and simple. That being said, I don't think it was a good move to ask something should not be posted just because you don't agree with that video.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Logan is a perfect conclusion to Fox's X-Men series as far as I'm concerned. Why the **** is Dark Phoenix and New Mutants being made especially given Disney's purchase and their eventual reboot and integration into the MCU? Makes those movies pointless to begin with.
Money.

Dark Phoenix seems to going to be very underwhelming but I'm actually interested in how New Mutants will turn out. About damn time Fox made a movie about other X teams, even though I'm salty they cut Karma.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
People say that Black Panther was the first superhero movie.

Yet they sleep on these or forget these exist.

Well, Blade was the first GOOD black superhero film, and Trinity was ok. Spawn and Steel had movies first.

"Some Mother****ers always try to ice stake uphill!"

Most movies can just go home after that.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Best superhero movie is the netflix TV series Daredevil spliced together to make a 6 hour movie, don't @ me.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I might wait until Godzilla vs King Kong whenever that comes out.
Coming out March 13th, 2020.

Supposed to had been May 22nd, 2020 but was moved forward due to Fast 9 being moved on the same date and so was done to avoid competition with it given Fast and Furious' popularity and how big of hits the movies are.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
People say that Black Panther was the first superhero movie.

Yet they sleep on these or forget these exist.

Is there another Black Panther movie I'm unaware of? Black Panther the Marvel movie came out in 2018, 20 years after the first Blade, and the only other result is a 1977 British film about a kidnapping.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

We don't need to debate it anymore. Long as the video doesn't break any rules in the ToS you're free to post it.
Smashboards: "We want to keep this site PG-13 and you can't be too mean to each other even if you're both clearly joking because what if a child saw it despite children not being allowed on the site"
Also Smashboards: "Videos talking about how pedophilia is good despite literally targeting minors and being illegal is fine lmao"
Grey I love ya but this ain't it

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Money.

Dark Phoenix seems to going to be very underwhelming but I'm actually interested in how New Mutants will turn out. About damn time Fox made a movie about other X teams, even though I'm salty they cut Karma.
Dark Phoenix is destined to be a bomb anyways given the writers and producers of Fant4stic are involved with Dark Phoenix so that satifies me. New Mutants I don't think is gonna see the bright of day given how many delayments its been getting as of late since once again it got another delay.

D

Deleted member

Even if Black Panther is one of my least favorites, I will acknowledge that it has the best visuals and the best villain out of all the MCU. That being said, I didn't like anything else about it.
Just so you know, you're on thin ****ing ice Cla, I'm watching you, if you don't believe Spider-Verse is god's gift to this forsaken land then you are Cancelled™

osby

Smash Obsessed
Technically the Deadpool movies are in the X-Men universe :yoshi:

Not like he cares...
Deadpool movies... okay, they killed off Shatterstar, I'm not gonna pretend I can be objective about them. That part made me bitter about the franchise in general, call me petty all you want.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Even if Black Panther is one of my least favorites, I will acknowledge that it has the best visuals and the best villain out of all the MCU. That being said, I didn't like anything else about it.
Best visuals?

Eh...

The CGI rhinos were rather...You know...I could easily see the CGI in them.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Just so you know, you're on thin ****ing ice Cla, I'm watching you, if you don't believe Spider-Verse is god's gift to this forsaken land then you are Cancelled™
Spider Verse is obviously amazing and the only problem I have with it is that I don't know if I like it more than Homecoming or not

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

Grey, I love ya, and I know you're just doin' your job of nippin' potentially heated debates in the bud, but did you actually watch the video before you said that?

It is very much against ToS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom