• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
I actually prefer the Guardians of the Galaxy movies over the Dark Knight :yoshi:
Personally i liked Batman Begins the best out of the trilogy.

Still love Dark Knight though, it's probably the most emotionally enthralling. I remember when I fist watched I had a habit of chewing on my shirt when I was nervous. By the time i got out of the theater my shirt was drenched lol.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
User was warned for this post
View attachment 213446
Ahh ****..here we go again
(Someone who doesn't check back for over a week)

I feel ya...

I think the biggest disappointment with Endgame was that Antman did not crawl inside Thanos and make himself giant.

What a missed opportunity.
Well.... at least he did turn into a giant for something lol.

This was from another post I made, not sure copying certain part is okay..
So, about Pokemon Detective Pikachu Movie. It was entertaining to watch, and for a video game movie it's awesome. But... not that great obviously.
As a Pokemon fan yeah the movie is really really good, if not well this could be another video game ad movie...

And I have to say this and it's depressing for me to say... the end credit of the movie is way better than the movie itself, or ... the best part of the Pokemon Detective Pikachu Movie to me was the end credits.

So... for those who cares, or don't care, or bothered. It seems that Sony's censorship policy is just getting more and more absurd. As I have mentioned how Sony is censoring anime fanservice games that were meant to have those fanservice but get censored. Then what's really starts kicking was how DMC 5 also gets regional censorship from day one patch and One Piece World Seeker removing certain DLC quests as well that somewhat fanservice but not really. Or Sony just bans the game coming to the west like DOA Extreme Scarlet and Omega Labyrinth Z...
Then you have Sony said they actually don't have any rules for censorship policies which some may take it as Sony isn't enforcing censorship at all, this just tells us Sony can easily make double standards whatever they like, and we are seeing it right now.

Not to mention even boxarts have angle differences for some... reason... I'm personally not mind with Boxart censorhsip but like, really?
And then now Nintendo Switch is THE must go platform when it comes to those kinds of fanservice games or just anime Japanese games in general. AND what's more awesome is that even when there's a game that has PS4 and Switch port, PS4 gets censored and NS does not...
I'm not trying to fanboy NS (Take it whatever you will because hey, some people tends to just throw that term) but with NS selling well, and it's basically surpassing PS4 sales in Japan, and with PS4 being less friendly to Japanese devs, I think Sony censorship is awesome for Switch owners because those devs will slowly move to Switch.

Or those that I aware are fan or anime games but not okay with fanservice, well... I have already said this before, PS4 is definitely a must go platform then.

Mod edit: Inappropriate video removed :forrest:
This one takes the cake though, because Kotaku just really can't stop making clickbait titles and let us to laugh at (Depending on your opinion though). Last late year you have Jason Schreier, my most dislike Kotaku journalist period, make lousy rebuttals on Dialo mobile game and the stream from Yongyea just shows his true colors... then you have Laura Kate Dale making fake news on Persona 5 lyrics on something that most gamers don't even bother, and that's lyrics, not too long ago you have a journalist called Mike Fahey gets disturbed one a game that's like... not really good anyway, and he request PQube to make the change... that being said his reason just weren't so convincing and just pure personal take.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm always made to feel like **** in movie conversations because I've seen almost none of the classics and everyone's like "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU GO WATCH THAT NOW" and I'm glad i'm so into the MCU that I'm open to even watching the bad ones.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Here's a little trivia fact about myself.

Justice League mentally broke my faith in the DCEU and then came along Shazam and finally restored it being the DC movie I always wanted to see.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
I get really sensitive when DC gets brought up. Especially when people start comparing it to Marvel.

It’s taking all my restraint not to explode right now.

Better to just end it before I make things worse.
you seem to get angry and passionate about these subjects very easily. please try and understand that us disagreeing with you is not a personal attack. none of us have anything personal against you. even if you feel like your belief is in the minority, we don't think less of you or anything. I don't want you to just get angry and leave every time people disagree with you or something. We don't mean anything by it.

D

Deleted member

Have you ever touched something, thinking it would be cool, but it was burning hot?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
(Someone who doesn't check back for over a week)

I feel ya...

Well.... at least he did turn into a giant for something lol.

This was from another post I made, not sure copying certain part is okay..
So, about Pokemon Detective Pikachu Movie. It was entertaining to watch, and for a video game movie it's awesome. But... not that great obviously.
As a Pokemon fan yeah the movie is really really good, if not well this could be another video game ad movie...

And I have to say this and it's depressing for me to say... the end credit of the movie is way better than the movie itself, or ... the best part of the Pokemon Detective Pikachu Movie to me was the end credits.

So... for those who cares, or don't care, or bothered. It seems that Sony's censorship policy is just getting more and more absurd. As I have mentioned how Sony is censoring anime fanservice games that were meant to have those fanservice but get censored. Then what's really starts kicking was how DMC 5 also gets regional censorship from day one patch and One Piece World Seeker removing certain DLC quests as well that somewhat fanservice but not really. Or Sony just bans the game coming to the west like DOA Extreme Scarlet and Omega Labyrinth Z...
Then you have Sony said they actually don't have any rules for censorship policies which some may take it as Sony isn't enforcing censorship at all, this just tells us Sony can easily make double standards whatever they like, and we are seeing it right now.

Not to mention even boxarts have angle differences for some... reason... I'm personally not mind with Boxart censorhsip but like, really?

And then now Nintendo Switch is THE must go platform when it comes to those kinds of fanservice games or just anime Japanese games in general. AND what's more awesome is that even when there's a game that has PS4 and Switch port, PS4 gets censored and NS does not...
I'm not trying to fanboy NS (Take it whatever you will because hey, some people tends to just throw that term) but with NS selling well, and it's basically surpassing PS4 sales in Japan, and with PS4 being less friendly to Japanese devs, I think Sony censorship is awesome for Switch owners because those devs will slowly move to Switch.

Or those that I aware are fan or anime games but not okay with fanservice, well... I have already said this before, PS4 is definitely a must go platform then.

Mod edit: Inappropriate video removed :forrest:
This one takes the cake though, because Kotaku just really can't stop making clickbait titles and let us to laugh at (Depending on your opinion though). Last late year you have Jason Schreier, my most dislike Kotaku journalist period, make lousy rebuttals on Dialo mobile game and the stream from Yongyea just shows his true colors... then you have Laura Kate Dale making fake news on Persona 5 lyrics on something that most gamers don't even bother, and that's lyrics, not too long ago you have a journalist called Mike Fahey gets disturbed one a game that's like... not really good anyway, and he request PQube to make the change... that being said his reason just weren't so convincing and just pure personal take.
Can we not link to that kind of channel?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
you seem to get angry and passionate about these subjects very easily. please try and understand that us disagreeing with you is not a personal attack. none of us have anything personal against you. even if you feel like your belief is in the minority, we don't think less of you or anything. I don't want you to just get angry and leave every time people disagree with you or something. We don't mean anything by it.
I understand that. That’s why I’m stopping myself before I loose control. Raw emotional energy just isn’t easily handled. Plus I really should go to bed. It is tomorrow after all.

Last edited:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Here's a little trivia fact about myself.

Justice League mentally broke my faith in the DCEU and then came along Shazam and finally restored it being the DC movie I always wanted to see.
I really like Shazam, it was the closest thing to the Raimi Spider-Man movies, which I have a soft spot for.

It was nice to see a superhero do superhero things with a smaller scale, like stop a robbery, save some civilians from a falling bus, just save the city. Wasn't perfect, but it felt really earnest. Also Darla is precious and stole ever scene she was in.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Taking a shower in the morning be like.
NimbleFreeDotterel-size_restricted.gif

Wait, what do you mean it's the opposite?

D

Deleted member

I loved Guardians 1 and 2 and I'm really excited for Vol 3.

I just couldn't really get into the Dark Knight movies (not that they're poorly directed, just never clicked with me).

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Yes, but I liked Guardians better when the consensus is usually the Dark Knight movies (well two of them) are the best superhero movies ever :yoshi:
I mean I guess, though I will say as much as I love the Guardians films, Ledger’s Joker alone puts it leagues above for me.

The ultimate thing...would that be John Carpenter's The Thing?
I hope so, that’s one of my favorite things.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Well, it's been fun, but I need to head off for the night.

Still not feeling my best tonight, but I enjoyed all the KH, Disney, and Star vs. talk, especially in regards to a that show's fantastic villain, Toffee. I'm glad to have been apart of the discussion and conversation.

So, thanks for the discussions, folks! Have a good night.

D

Deleted member

Well, it's been fun, but I need to head off for the night.

Still not feeling my best tonight, but I enjoyed all the KH, Disney, and Star vs. talk, especially in regards to a that show's fantastic villain, Toffee. I'm glad to have been apart of the discussion and conversation.

So, thanks for the discussions, folks! Have a good night.
Good night! :)

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Can we not link to that kind of channel?
May I ask why? If it violates forum rules then sure thing.
I guess it's probably the thumbnail of the video, then yeah, sorry if that bothers you... for some reason.
You can simply just neglect it and move on. I aware there are users here don't like that channel, but I'm still sharing it for source purposes.

Edit: I put the link in spoiler, there you go.
Edit2:nevermind I notice the video has a QRcode that leads to an inappropriate website so... yeah. Remove it.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
On the topic of movies. Which movies do you consider to have been the worst you've seen recently? Me?

-A Quiet Place (More like A Stupid Place)
-Alien: Covenant
-Jumanji 2 (It didn't even need to be a sequel to Jumanji which didn't even need one to begin with)
-Justice League
-Ralph Breaks the Internet
-The Emoji Movie (Could only go five minutes in until stopping)
-The Predator (2018)
-The First Purge
-The Mummy (2017)
-Thor: Ragnarok (Don't care what people says)
-Transformers: The Last Knight
-Slender Man (Didn't even have to watch to know it was bad)
-Star Wars sequel movies

Not up there with these per say but they were more disappointments IMO.

-Aquaman
-King Arthur: Legend of the Sword
-Pacific Rim: Uprising (An unnecessary and unneeded sequel)
-Pet Sematary (2019)
-Venom (Really should had kept that R rating for one)

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
I hope so, that’s one of my favorite things.
Really? John Carpenter's The Thing? That's one of your favourite things?

I thought it'd be more "raindrops on roses, and whiskers on kittens, bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens, brown paper packages tied up with strings", aren't those are a few of your favourite things? :p

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I really like Shazam, it was the closest thing to the Raimi Spider-Man movies, which I have a soft spot for.

It was nice to see a superhero do superhero things with a smaller scale, like stop a robbery, save some civilians from a falling bus, just save the city. Wasn't perfect, but it felt really earnest. Also Darla is precious and stole ever scene she was in.
What I loved about that film the most is its humor was so spot on and fitted perfectly. Pretty much a take on Golden Age superheroes and the Thor: Ragnarok that I wanted. :grin:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
May I ask why? If it violates forum rules then sure thing.
You can simply just neglect it and move on. I aware there are users here don't like that channel, but I'm still sharing it for source purposes.
One look at the guy's channel shows me he's one of those KotakuInAction-types of people who cries about "le evil sjws ruining my anime," which isn't the type of person to be celebrated or rallied behind.

D

Deleted member

There are many extremely funny movies, but there's just something very unique and quirky about the MCU's humor. It always hits that pressure point in your esophagus.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
It did seem misleading to characterize my preference for the Guardians movie as a "comparison" though...
I guess comparison wasn’t the right word, it just seemed like weird considering what both films were trying to accomplish.

Really? John Carpenter's The Thing? That's one of your favourite things?

I thought it'd be more "raindrops on roses, and whiskers on kittens, bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens, brown paper packages tied up with strings", aren't those are a few of your favourite things? :p
Do I look like Julie Andrews bub?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
One look at the guy's channel shows me he's one of those KotakuInAction-types of people who cries about "le evil sjws ruining my anime," which isn't the type of person to be celebrated or rallied behind.
Which one?

*Look up*

Oh, that one.

Ngl, I was watching his videos for awhile, but after some time, I felt like I was losing brain cell seeing the same kind of topic over and over again, no matter how actually good or bad his opinion was, so I just unsubbed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom